View Full Version : Yawn

HibeePaj
11-11-2010, 10:41 AM
anyone else getting tired of this guy?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/9178267.stm

MSK
11-11-2010, 10:46 AM
anyone else getting tired of this guy?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/9178267.stmThe guy is a ****ing screwball ..

Joe's red card wasn't a foul never mind a sending off. It was a disgraceful decision," said Lennon.

:crazy:

M11BMO
11-11-2010, 10:53 AM
I hope he gets hammered by the SFA.

The guys a disgarce. :idiot:

Pretty Boy
11-11-2010, 10:53 AM
Having literally just seen the tackle in slow motion 2 seconds ago i think he may have a point that it wasn't a sending off.

A foul? Definitely he takes the ball but he follows through with the trailing leg and in modern football he's probably been a bit too keen and went in for the tackle a bit too fast. But not a red card for me, there was an intent to play the ball rather than the man and it wasn't particularly high.

On saying that Lennon really needs to learn to shut his mouth and stop trying to noise up referees at every opportunity.

Mac
11-11-2010, 10:55 AM
Have to say he has a point, i dont think it was a red card and he was standing about 10 feet away to make a decent judgement on it, if it was a hibs player i would be raging, i thought it was a great challenge.

Also thought they should have had a penalty.

Saying that Lennon doesnt do himself any favours shouting his mouth off at every opportunity

Sir David Gray
11-11-2010, 11:03 AM
They had a claim for a penalty but I'm not sure it was in the stonewaller category. However, how he can claim that the red card was a "disgraceful decision" beggars belief.

His reaction to being sent to the stand was completely inexcusable and the comments that he has made in that BBC article should mean that he is heavily fined and banned for about five matches from the touchline.

Remember it's not the first time that he's squared up to a fourth official in a threatening manner, it's the second time in less than a month and if anyone else had been guilty of that kind of behaviour, they would have been severely disciplined by now.

If the SFA doesn't act after last night, the only explanation can be is that they are running scared of Celtic.

Neil Lennon is an extremely repulsive human being.

joebakerforever
11-11-2010, 11:44 AM
When are we going to see the new comparethemeerkat.com advert with Lennon in the main role wearing his beloved Hoops jersey ? :greengrin

crewetollhibee
11-11-2010, 01:07 PM
This type of tackle has crept into the game recently. Player technically goes in with one foot, then his other legs snaps into the player. That player's legs are effectively planted, and therefore terrible injuries can occur. ( De Jong against Newcastle I think it was ?). Rugby has moved to eradicate the scissor challenges ( a very similar 'tackle') , time that footie followed. Lennon deserves everything the SPL throw at him, trying to defend that.

SidBurns
11-11-2010, 01:11 PM
Having literally just seen the tackle in slow motion 2 seconds ago i think he may have a point that it wasn't a sending off.

A foul? Definitely he takes the ball but he follows through with the trailing leg and in modern football he's probably been a bit too keen and went in for the tackle a bit too fast. But not a red card for me, there was an intent to play the ball rather than the man and it wasn't particularly high.

On saying that Lennon really needs to learn to shut his mouth and stop trying to noise up referees at every opportunity.

Question for those of you who didn't think it was a Sending Off.

Do you think the tackle was:-

a) careless
b) reckless or
c) used excessive force

For me Ledley used Excessive Force therefore a red card was the correct decision. I would've done the same and will do if I see this sort of tackle at the weekend.

Why didn't he go with one foot? If he had then it'd been a great tackle but two feet equals a Sending Off - FACT!

givescotlandfreedom
11-11-2010, 01:15 PM
Didn't Mixu get a 100000 match ban for throwing a towel to the ground? Let's see how they treat this weasel I'm willing to bet they'll crap it.