PDA

View Full Version : Valdas Trakys

Deano Mourinho
11-11-2010, 06:51 AM
So how did are big Lithuanin look last night? I have been very quick to be getting on his back or does he look like a better option than Nish?

Ritchie
11-11-2010, 07:07 AM
if he plays like he did last night constantly,he's far better than nish.

Stronger, can pass a ball and stays on his feet.

Let's hope last night wasn't a one off :pray:

Seveno
11-11-2010, 07:16 AM
Singled out by Calderwood for his performance. :agree:

brydekirk
11-11-2010, 07:22 AM

:agree: and - he feels no pain :greengrin

heretoday
11-11-2010, 08:00 AM
God knows what CC said or did to the players before last night! If they had played with half that spirit on Sunday they would have swept Hearts away.

Maybe they needed that humiliation to wake them up at last.

Ritchie
11-11-2010, 08:08 AM
:agree: and - he feels no pain :greengrin

:agree:

take that Sasa Papac!!! :take that

ancienthibby
11-11-2010, 08:09 AM
God knows what CC said or did to the players before last night! If they had played with half that spirit on Sunday they would have swept Hearts away.

Maybe they needed that humiliation to wake them up at last.

Reading as many reports as I can this morning, it seems that CC made two masterstrokes that were the key to our success.

The first was playing Dickoh instead of Hanlon (who needed a rest). This helped bring the best performance out of the Solman and solidified the defence.

The second was playing Murray as the HM which allowed Miller to play further forward (which I think he prefers) and Miller found a new lease of life in that role.

Same again on Saturday I would think, so looks like Deeks will be on the bench against the Mothers.:greengrin

lapsedhibee
11-11-2010, 08:22 AM

Yep, hope he works out - and doesn't end up at Falkirk like Showumni.

H18sry
11-11-2010, 08:30 AM
Reading as many reports as I can this morning, it seems that CC made two masterstrokes that were the key to our success.

The first was playing Dickoh instead of Hanlon (who needed a rest). This helped bring the best performance out of the Solman and solidified the defence.

The second was playing Murray as the HM which allowed Miller to play further forward (which I think he prefers) and Miller found a new lease of life in that role.

Same again on Saturday I would think, so looks like Deeks will be on the bench against the Mothers.:greengrin

Did he not get a 2 match ban?

Baldy Foghorn
11-11-2010, 08:32 AM
Did he not get a 2 match ban?

2nd game is St Johnstone at home, he can play next two if selected...

Ritchie
11-11-2010, 08:39 AM
Yep, hope he works out - and doesn't end up at Falkirk like Showumni.

:faf::faf:

Beefster
11-11-2010, 09:25 AM

It has to be. You can't be pumping Rangers at Greyskull with all players playing their part and then dropping someone.

If the team keeps performing, a wee spell on the bench for Riordan might not be the worst thing ever.

CMac1988
11-11-2010, 09:25 AM
:faf::faf:

Not this again...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Sowunmi - Ex Hibs player.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enoch_Showunmi - Ex Falkirk player.

2 different guys. :wink:

Ritchie
11-11-2010, 10:02 AM
Not this again...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Sowunmi - Ex Hibs player.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enoch_Showunmi - Ex Falkirk player.

2 different guys. :wink:

WWWWHHHHOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSHHHHHHHH!!!

i know that as did lapsedhibee!!! hence the :faf:

:wink:

TrickyNicky
11-11-2010, 10:06 AM

Just finished watching it on Setanta over here in Oz.

Trakys worked his socks off - not so much what he did in attack but made a general nuisance of himself at all times - had some nice touches and held off defenders well to allow the midfield to come forward.

Every man in a Hibs shirt was superb last night, and I cannot speak highly enough of our defense, something I think may have a lot to do with Calderwood.

At about the 12th minute up to the 14th minute is where the 34 passes happen - a joy to watch and seemed to restore belief in each and every one of those Hibs players in a small but defining moment.

A real team spirit was there too with Grounds screaming motivation at his team mates at any opportunity -they truly looked like they were enjoyin the game again.

Golden Bear
11-11-2010, 10:12 AM
Just finished watching it on Setanta over here in Oz.

Trakys worked his socks off - not so much what he did in attack but made a general nuisance of himself at all times - had some nice touches and held off defenders well to allow the midfield to come forward.

Every man in a Hibs shirt was superb last night, and I cannot speak highly enough of our defense, something I think may have a lot to do with Calderwood.

At about the 12th minute up to the 14th minute is where the 34 passes happen - a joy to watch and seemed to restore belief in each and every one of those Hibs players in a small but defining moment.

A real team spirit was there too with Grounds screaming motivation at his team mates at any opportunity -they truly looked like they were enjoyin the game again.

Great to hear!

Maybe us poor punters on a very dreich morning in Scotland will get a chance to view the highlights later on today.

:thumbsup:

Alex Trager
11-11-2010, 10:15 AM
I thought trakys had a decnt game on sunday, or he put in a shift at least, and cc has singled him out in the papers so...

Pretty Boy
11-11-2010, 10:25 AM
I thought trakys had a decnt game on sunday, or he put in a shift at least, and cc has singled him out in the papers so...

:agree: I agree.

I slaughtered the players after Sunday and rightly so but i couldn't believe there was a thread singling out Trakys for criticism.

He's never going to be pretty to watch and he's not Messiesque but he could be useful. I can't comment on last night as i've only seen the goals but based on Sunday i thought he gave a decent physical presence, had a good work rate and a few nice touches. He might not score a load but he seems the type who can bring others into play, looks ok to me.