PDA

View Full Version : Thirty passes?

matty_f
10-11-2010, 10:48 PM
Am I right in thinking that at one point we strung together something like thirty passes together at one point in the first half? We haven't done that done jc took a side to ibrox!

Hopefully this is the start of things to come. Well done to everyone in a hibs shirt this evening. Fantastic result and performance!

Big Frank
10-11-2010, 10:51 PM
agreed.:agree:

marinello59
10-11-2010, 10:52 PM
Getting to be a habit at Ibrox now then.:greengrin

hibsfan7
10-11-2010, 10:53 PM
Wll done that is more than we have strung together all season

Jonnyboy
10-11-2010, 10:54 PM
Am I right in thinking that at one point we strung together something like thirty passes together at one point in the first half? We haven't done that done jc took a side to ibrox!

Hopefully this is the start of things to come. Well done to everyone in a hibs shirt this evening. Fantastic result and performance!

Wouldn't surprise me Matty ......... here's a text I just got from 65bd who was at the game

"Big difference tonight was Murray in centre-mid. He gave Miller the space to be creative. Trackys did a power of work up front on his own and was well supported by great runs from Rankin and De Graaf. Brown made a few great saves and Bamba was immense at the back. Every one of them put in a shift tonight. There might actually be a team in there!"

Brilliant IMO to read such positive views on those players who've been getting a bit of a pasting on here :agree::thumbsup:

Andy74
10-11-2010, 10:59 PM
Rangers and Motherwell are generally the teams that let us play our own game a bit. We still need to man up against the rest!

RickyS
10-11-2010, 10:59 PM
Wll done that is more than we have strung together all season
:greengrin

3pm
10-11-2010, 11:01 PM
Wouldn't surprise me Matty ......... here's a text I just got from 65bd who was at the game

"Big difference tonight was Murray in centre-mid. He gave Miller the space to be creative. Trackys did a power of work up front on his own and was well supported by great runs from Rankin and De Graaf. Brown made a few great saves and Bamba was immense at the back. Every one of them put in a shift tonight. There might actually be a team in there!"

Brilliant IMO to read such positive views on those players who've been getting a bit of a pasting on here :agree::thumbsup:

But John, Murray is finished. Has been from November 09!

Jonnyboy
10-11-2010, 11:01 PM

Apparently so :greengrin

3pm
10-11-2010, 11:02 PM
Rangers and Motherwell are generally the teams that let us play our own game a bit. We still need to man up against the rest!

Agreed. Has to become the norm rather than the exception.

Darth Hibbie
10-11-2010, 11:03 PM

:agree:

That pretty much sums it up

BEEJ
10-11-2010, 11:11 PM

Brilliant!

We needed someone like Murray to bring a bit of steel in there. :thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
10-11-2010, 11:12 PM

As a left back i'd say Murray is finished, too slow easily ripped by a decent winger. Little passing ability, will never get forward and play incisive passes through a defence or cross a decent ball. Tonight was his game, getting stuck in and breaking things up. Can he do this week after week? Time will tell, i have my doubts, especially when we are in games where we are doing most of the attacking. I hope I'm wrong.

IWasThere2016
10-11-2010, 11:17 PM
Said last week IM should be back in the middle! Well done Nid!

By all accounts Bamba back to his best also :thumbsup:

3pm
10-11-2010, 11:17 PM
As a left back i'd say Murray is finished, too slow easily ripped by a decent winger. Little passing ability, will never get forward and play incisive passes through a defence or cross a decent ball. Tonight was his game, getting stuck in and breaking things up. Can he do this week after week? Time will tell, i have my doubts, especially when we are in games where we are doing most of the attacking. I hope I'm wrong.

There is room for him in midfield when we are doing the attacking. Nothing wrong with him 'sitting' and allowing full backs to push on.

Time will tell indeed!

The Harp Awakes
10-11-2010, 11:26 PM

Spot on. What we're lacking is a blend of players with physical strength who can mix it with guys who can play a bit. With no strength or height in the team you'll only be able to play against teams that let you - Rangers and Motherwell do. 3 points on Saturday to the Hibees then?

blackpoolhibs
10-11-2010, 11:29 PM
There is room for him in midfield when we are doing the attacking. Nothing wrong with him 'sitting' and allowing full backs to push on.

Time will tell indeed!

I hope you are right, I'd certainly rather he was in the middle than at left back.

Turnip
10-11-2010, 11:36 PM
That was more enjoyable than Ivans 3 or the cup game, because this time I had a tenner on us :greengrin