PDA

View Full Version : ***Supporter Feedback Sessions***

Mikey
10-11-2010, 07:59 PM
The club is holding feedback sessions on Tuesday 30th November and Wednesday 1st December. See the attached form for more information. The forums are open to all supporters.

If you would like to go just complete the form, or e-mail Hibs direct at club@hibernianfc.co.uk. There will also be an online form available from the end of the week.

These forums often end up with a disappointing turnout so do the club a favour and turn up if you put your name forward. At one previous forum the club had to limit the number to 100 because of the high response rate, yet only around 20 of those people turned up. If you can't make it, DON'T SIGN UP FOR IT.

PaulSmith
15-11-2010, 07:56 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20101114/supporter-feedback-sessions_2262950_2218579

Further details here Mikey..

Mikey
18-11-2010, 09:52 PM
Any more for this? You've all got plenty to say on here. Here's your chance to have your say at the forums too.

Don't leave it to someone else :wink:

down-the-slope
18-11-2010, 10:11 PM
Mikey - not sure if i'm in the minority, but I went throught the process of applying to go when stadium re-development forums were on and never even got a response of any kind...let alone an invite

BroxburnHibee
18-11-2010, 10:13 PM
Always amazes me the amount of people on here who are never shy to give an opinion on every facet of the way the club is run.

The minute the club goes looking for people to actively get involved you all run for cover :greengrin

Twiglet
18-11-2010, 10:34 PM
I went to the communications and i think it was merchandising in April and it was really good. I know that some of the stuff that was raised the club were looking into, and others, like historical stuff about the club, old matches, etc was raised as something we'd like. I can see some of the stuff coming through.
I don't know if the club had decided it was going aheadd, but classic strips was brought up, and now there's the old top in with the Christmas collection.

Things do seem to be happening off the back of the forums, so they are worthwhile. And also, they do actually want to listen to what everyone has to say!

Gatecrasher
18-11-2010, 10:36 PM
thats me signed up, to think folk moan about ticket prices, merchandise, web site stadium etc etc, time to let the club know :agree:

Removed
18-11-2010, 10:42 PM
Mikey - not sure if i'm in the minority, but I went throught the process of applying to go when stadium re-development forums were on and never even got a response of any kind...let alone an invite

Me to.

But I have tried again.

Iggy Pope
18-11-2010, 10:54 PM

Me to.

But I have tried again.

Same here, but I think they are getting better at it.
I noted my interest in the current batch at the recent AGM and they e-mailed me the details to attend today.

Fyfe Hyland seems approachable and accountable - try that route?

Mikey
19-11-2010, 08:03 AM
Keep 'em coming folks.

Diclonius
19-11-2010, 08:13 AM
Applied.

bighairyfaeleith
19-11-2010, 08:44 AM
I'm quite happy with things as the are just now, team starting to play football again, finances stable, great stadium, great training facilities.

Not sure I could be that constructive to be honest.:greengrin

Mikey
19-11-2010, 08:49 AM
I'm quite happy with things as the are just now, team starting to play football again, finances stable, great stadium, great training facilities.

Not sure I could be that constructive to be honest.:greengrin

What, you're happy with a £2m annual deficit?

One of the main topics will be how to close that gap by getting more people along to the games, raising revenues in other areas, etc.

But if you're happy for the club to sell players to the OF to plug the gap that's fine......... :cool2:

:wink:

Beefster
19-11-2010, 09:10 AM
The club is holding feedback sessions on Tuesday 30th November and Wednesday 1st December. See the attached form for more information. The forums are open to all supporters.

If you would like to go just complete the form, or e-mail Hibs direct at club@hibernianfc.co.uk. There will also be an online form available from the end of the week.

These forums often end up with a disappointing turnout so do the club a favour and turn up if you put your name forward. At one previous forum the club had to limit the number to 100 because of the high response rate, yet only around 20 of those people turned up. If you can't make it, DON'T SIGN UP FOR IT.

At the risk of being cynical.......

The club can get any amount of feedback they want from surveys sent to their customer database, online questionnaires, Hibs.net and in BTG every second weekend. They could even start responding to emailed feedback once in a while.

Supporter 'events' where they will get a response from 1% of the supporters, at best, are generally an exercise to show "we're listening" IMO. And I say that as someone who attended one once.

bighairyfaeleith
19-11-2010, 09:21 AM
What, you're happy with a £2m annual deficit?

One of the main topics will be how to close that gap by getting more people along to the games, raising revenues in other areas, etc.

But if you're happy for the club to sell players to the OF to plug the gap that's fine......... :cool2:

:wink:

I'm quite happy with us selling nish and co to the old firm yes:greengrin

I take your point though, but TBH like I say I'm quite content at the moment and not sure I would have much helpful to say, so will leave it to those who have more to say.

bawheid
19-11-2010, 09:38 AM
Done.

HibeesLA
19-11-2010, 09:42 PM
At the risk of being cynical.......

The club can get any amount of feedback they want from surveys sent to their customer database, online questionnaires, Hibs.net and in BTG every second weekend. They could even start responding to emailed feedback once in a while.

Supporter 'events' where they will get a response from 1% of the supporters, at best, are generally an exercise to show "we're listening" IMO. And I say that as someone who attended one once.

I wouldn't call that cynical Beefster, however I would take a different view. I think online questionnaires and feedback forms can give a very skewed view of the subject they are approaching, depending upon what questions are asked, and even how those questions are worded. I've taken part in many focus groups, and having a 'debate' around certain points can be very helpful to a company trying to understand the reasons behind an answer to a simple yes/no question.

I do agree that it also serves as a general PR exercise to make the board look good, but if it also provides results at the other end, then hopefully a win/win.

On the subject of e-mails, I have received a direct reply from Fife Hyland to an e-mail that I wrote to the club. He engaged in a conversation via e-mail regarding the poitns I raised, and those were certainly not standard replies.

Certainly not putting down your point of view, but wanted to take the opportunity to provide a counterpoint.

Twiglet
26-11-2010, 01:56 PM
Anyone else received an email asking them to go on Tuesday?

Diclonius
26-11-2010, 03:28 PM
Yup, I'm going.

Gatecrasher
26-11-2010, 03:41 PM
me and my dad are going :agree:

OtterHibee
26-11-2010, 04:23 PM
Anyone else received an email asking them to go on Tuesday?

No. I stated I could make both days on the application, however have yet to receive an invitation to either.

BroxburnHibee
26-11-2010, 05:57 PM
I got an invite when I said Wednesday only :confused: