PDA

View Full Version : Around this time last year...

StarMan10
10-11-2010, 05:17 PM
everyone was smiling and talk of splitting the old firm was being mentioned as possible outcome as Celtic kept stuttering.
Trying to rack my brains but the only people i can think of who have left since then are- cregg, benji, mccormack, maka and stokes
theres probably a few more but what im getting at is there isnt much difference from the current squad than last years?
so how come were doing so bad compared to last year?

Liam89
10-11-2010, 05:31 PM
Well, besides losing Zouma and having only 1 striker thats capable of scoring its pretty much down to a huge lack of confidence.

calumb
10-11-2010, 05:35 PM
Well, besides losing Zouma and having only 1 striker thats capable of scoring its pretty much down to a huge lack of confidence.

and probably one of the un-fittests squads ever to grace the spl.

HibeePaj
10-11-2010, 05:44 PM
everyone was smiling and talk of splitting the old firm was being mentioned as possible outcome as Celtic kept stuttering.
Trying to rack my brains but the only people i can think of who have left since then are- cregg, benji, mccormack, maka and stokes
theres probably a few more but what im getting at is there isnt much difference from the current squad than last years?
so how come were doing so bad compared to last year?

It is scary stuff. We have lost Zemamma to injury aswell.
De Graaf, Dickoh, Hart, Trakys, Duffy, Grounds all added to the squad however like you said almost all of last season's squad remains.

Performance wise there is a massive gulf compared to last season; half-hearted-all talk attitudes, to blame.

Last season i feel the team did ride their luck at times, however the team still played well, with fight and passion.

Avioding Relegation has to be this seasons priority, forget europe, top 6, and fancy football. Finishing this season safe in the knowledge we will remain in the SPL will make me very happy indeed. Calderwood needs time to turn this bunch of non-triers into a team fit for european football each season. And he has the perfect opportunity to do this...

16 players out of contract this season... PERFECT!

I think it is inevitable that Bamba is going.
Riordan and Zemmama should be given new contracts.

and the rest?:bye::bye::bye:

CC has the perfect chance to get rid of the huddies and show us a completely new Hibs team by next winter.

IF Rod and the board give him time.

HibbyAndy
10-11-2010, 05:46 PM
Around this time last year i still had a Burd :boo hoo:

Horse
10-11-2010, 06:21 PM
Around this time last year i still had a Burd :boo hoo:

Around this time last year I didn't have a burd! http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/boo%20hoo.gif