PDA

View Full Version : 19s this saturday

oconnors_strip
09-11-2010, 06:27 PM
hibs under 19s are playing celtic this saturday at east mains, kick off 11am

oconnors_strip
13-11-2010, 01:24 PM
Hibs drew 1-1, Scott smith scored again to equalise for hibs with about 5mnins to play. Jordon forster was sent off for a two footed tackle and celtic were reduced to ten men at same time when their player headbutted jordon! From the awarding free kick celtic scored. Good game of football and great to see some passion and fight from hibs players :)

archiebald
13-11-2010, 06:15 PM
Yeah saw it at Easter Road today.:greengrin

sunshine1875
14-11-2010, 02:00 PM
Scott smith scored again to equalise for hibs with about 5mnins to play. Jordon forster was sent off for a two footed tackle and celtic were reduced to ten men at same time when their player headbutted jordon! From the awarding free kick celtic scored. Good game of football and great to see some passion and fight from hibs players :)

When I first read this yesterday, I thought the U19s had lost 2-1. The way I read it was that Smith equalised then JF was sent off to give away a free-kick from which Celtic scored to make it 2-1.

Just read on the official website that the game finished 1-1.

What's your thoughts on the current batch of u19s?

oconnors_strip
14-11-2010, 02:20 PM
When I first read this yesterday, I thought the U19s had lost 2-1. The way I read it was that Smith equalised then JF was sent off to give away a free-kick from which Celtic scored to make it 2-1.

Just read on the official website that the game finished 1-1.

What's your thoughts on the current batch of u19s?

sorry i didnt realise some my post was missing:grr:

edited now:wink:

my thoughts........we have a good group of youngsters playing well as a team just lacking a bit fight up front since ross caldwell is out injured. its great to see hibs players giving commitment and fight every week. and the answer to the question that is asked every week NONE of them are anywhere near ready for 1st team football!!!

Badge
14-11-2010, 08:42 PM
sorry i didnt realise some my post was missing:grr:

edited now:wink:

my thoughts........we have a good group of youngsters playing well as a team just lacking a bit fight up front since ross caldwell is out injured. its great to see hibs players giving commitment and fight every week. and the answer to the question that is asked every week NONE of them are anywhere near ready for 1st team football!!!

Take it you've got all your coaching badges? Was Scott Brown ready, was Steven Whittaker ready, was Kevin Thomson ready, was Derek Riordan ready, was Garry O'Connor ready ? How do you know? Was Jimmy O'rourke ready? was Pat Stanton ready, was Peter Marinello ready? Until players are thrown in nobody knows if they are ready. These lads were thrown in and thankfully they showed they were ready. I hope young Welsh gets over his injury because in my opinion him and Callum Booth are the next two who are ready.

oconnors_strip
14-11-2010, 09:23 PM
[/B]

Take it you've got all your coaching badges? Was Scott Brown ready, was Steven Whittaker ready, was Kevin Thomson ready, was Derek Riordan ready, was Garry O'Connor ready ? How do you know? Was Jimmy O'rourke ready? was Pat Stanton ready, was Peter Marinello ready? Until players are thrown in nobody knows if they are ready. These lads were thrown in and thankfully they showed they were ready. I hope young Welsh gets over his injury because in my opinion him and Callum Booth are the next two who are ready.

the players in bold arent under 19 players though!!!!!!!!!!! the players i watch every week are all 17/18. no i dont have my coaching badges but from watching youth football in scotland for 15 years i would say i have a good sense of judgement.

jdships
14-11-2010, 09:34 PM
[/B]

Welsh and Booth are now moved on from U19.
This squad is mostly made up of 17/18 year olds
As for "oconnors_strip" comment.
That was surely just his opinion based on what he has seen .
For what it's worth , while I have only seen the U19's twice this season, I agree with his take on this

:flag:

Iggy Pope
14-11-2010, 09:37 PM
For what it's worth , while I have only seen the U19's twice this season, I agree with his take on this

Think O'Connors Strip might be a she.

oconnors_strip
14-11-2010, 09:38 PM

i know i have a sore throat after cheering on hibs 3 times in a week but last time i looked i wasnt a he:wink::greengrin and its my opinion on seeing them play every week.

fife hfc
14-11-2010, 09:48 PM
What do women know about football:offski:

More than me:greengrin

jdships
14-11-2010, 09:50 PM
i know i have a sore throat after cheering on hibs 3 times in a week but last time i looked i wasnt a he:wink::greengrin and its my opinion on seeing them play every week.

Sincere apologies who/whatever you are :wink::greengrin
If you look at my age you surely can forgive me for having a "senior moment " now and
again !!:greengrin

On the subject as I said before agree with you and would say there are possibly one or two in that side who next year could "make the bench

Iggy Pope
14-11-2010, 09:51 PM

Hell hath no fury........................:devil:

jdships
14-11-2010, 09:54 PM

Oh dear !
Surely at 47 you might KNOW more than " O'Connors Strip might be a she "
I put my error down to yet another "senior moment" .
What's your excuse ? :wink::greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Iggy Pope
14-11-2010, 09:56 PM
Oh dear !
Surely at 47 you might KNOW more than " O'Connors Strip might be a she "
I put my error down to yet another "senior moment" .
What's your excuse ? :wink::greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

:top marks

oconnors_strip
14-11-2010, 10:12 PM
What do women know about football:offski:

More than me:greengrin

:top marks:greengrin

Sincere apologies who/whatever you are :wink::greengrin
If you look at my age you surely can forgive me for having a "senior moment " now and
again !!:greengrin

On the subject as I said before agree with you and would say there are possibly one or two in that side who next year could "make the bench

i forgive you for the senior moments, it will happen to us all one day sadly:boo hoo: and by following the hibs its going to happen even earlier :greengrin

jdships
14-11-2010, 10:12 PM
Big thankyou to you all ( you know who you are) for the banter over the past thirty minutes or so.
This is what being a member of a forum like this is all about :top marks

:thumbsup::notworthy::flag::cool2: