PDA

View Full Version : John Hughes

Hibernia Na Eir
08-11-2010, 09:32 AM
I see he was angry at Riordans sending off yesterday. I hope he's also angry with himself at the P*** he signed for Hibernian.

Yes Hughes. You are partly to blame for this sorry mess we find ourselves in. You signed some awful, awful dross and must take the blame.

Lets just hope Hibs can get rid of them come January and next summer.

Skanko79
08-11-2010, 09:38 AM
How can you possibly blame John Hughes for yesterday's result? if anything if Yogi was still manager yesterday at least the team would have shown at least 1 ounce of passion. The players are the ones to blame for yesterday's gutless, passionless, spineless poor attempt at a performance.

PeterboroHibee
08-11-2010, 09:38 AM
Id say this is mostly Hughes fault, its pretty much his team apart from a few players. All the things he spoke about in the press, what he wanted from the players is the complete opposite to what they give on the pitch. Were in real trouble, hopefully Calderwood can turn it round in January.

blackpoolhibs
08-11-2010, 09:48 AM
Its funny how CC had them losing much better last week against Dundee Utd, but yesterdays debacle was Yogi's fault. It seems to me most clubs get a boost when a new manager comes in, god help us if last weeks 1-0 defeat at tannadice was ours.

scott7_0(Prague)
08-11-2010, 09:54 AM
if anything if Yogi was still manager yesterday at least the team would have shown at least 1 ounce of passion. T

Confused with this part of your statement, if this is your thoughts, where was the fight when Yogi was the manager??

Skanko79
08-11-2010, 10:03 AM
Confused with this part of your statement, if this is your thoughts, where was the fight when Yogi was the manager??

whats confusing about it? Hughes didnt do a good job, end of story, but one things for sure under him when it came to derby day you knew you were going to get a bit of effort and fight from the players.

SlickShoes
08-11-2010, 10:05 AM
whats confusing about it? Hughes didnt do a good job, end of story, but one things for sure under him when it came to derby day you knew you were going to get a bit of effort and fight from the players.

Hi Yogi?

Are you serious?

Did you see the derbies under Hughes? The horrific 2-1 capitulation at ER for example?

JimBHibees
08-11-2010, 10:06 AM

Cant say I remember his team being particularly passionate in the derbies especially the one at Tynie when we should have got horsed by about 5 but managed to only lose 2-1.

Phil D. Rolls
08-11-2010, 10:07 AM
How can you possibly blame John Hughes for yesterday's result? if anything if Yogi was still manager yesterday at least the team would have shown at least 1 ounce of passion. The players are the ones to blame for yesterday's gutless, passionless, spineless poor attempt at a performance.

What evidence to you have to back that up?

blackpoolhibs
08-11-2010, 10:09 AM

No evidence, although thats the worst i have seen us play against hearts in a long time. Did we have a shot at goal?:confused:

Aldo
08-11-2010, 10:10 AM
Hughes brought most of the players to ER so yes he is partly to blame infact I blame the muppet totally.

CC now realises what a job he has. Hughes must of been blind or pished when he looked at half these players.

Trakys.....holy ***** slower than ma deed granny.
De Graff..... box to box ma arse...one of the worst players to pull on the jersey along with Trakys
Hart...I had high expectations for this guy but woeful

I was livid last night and didnt post cos of the trouble i might of got maself into.

Lets face it guys...the only thing we can do is get behind the team and hopefully our support will spur them on to maybe 1 or 2 more victories up to the next transfer window. I hope RP allows CC to bring a few loanees in and by all accounts he has identified a few already (11 would help)

Skanko79
08-11-2010, 10:10 AM

the worst 90 minutes of my life yesterday spent watching the most unspirited Hibs team ive seen in years. I understand its mainly Yogi's team but are you honestly going to sit there and tell me that in every derby yogi was in charge the players were not fired up and wanted to get stuck in.

scott7_0(Prague)
08-11-2010, 10:12 AM

Still confused, all the derbies I watched under Yogi did nothing to convince me that the players raised there fighting level of gave extra effort for this one off game, you must have attend some other derbies to see this.

the worst 90 minutes of my life yesterday spent watching the most unspirited Hibs team ive seen in years. I understand its mainly Yogi's team but are you honestly going to sit there and tell me that in every derby yogi was in charge the players were not fired up and wanted to get stuck in.

Yes, theiris nothing to suggest this was the case.

Phil D. Rolls
08-11-2010, 10:12 AM
No evidence, although thats the worst i have seen us play against hearts in a long time. Did we have a shot at goal?:confused:

It was absolutely awful, the only positive I can take is that Calderwood must surely have been able to cross a few more names off his list.

I doubt if Yogi would have had them playing better, that performance has been coming towards us like a train in a tunnel since the start of the season.

Phil D. Rolls
08-11-2010, 10:13 AM

Yes.

JimBHibees
08-11-2010, 10:14 AM

One when there had been a stoppage in the second half and Deek played the ball back to Kello. :greengrin

Truly awful.

Skanko79
08-11-2010, 10:15 AM
Still confused, all the derbies I watched under Yogi did nothing to convince me that the players raised there fighting level of gave extra effort for this one off game, you must have attend some other derbies to see this.

well its obviously a difference of opinion then. Everyone i spoke to after the game in the pub seemed to agree with what i was saying. Are you honestly going to try and tell me that Yogi didnt get the players fired up before derby's?

scott7_0(Prague)
08-11-2010, 10:19 AM
Are you honestly going to try and tell me that Yogi didnt get the players fired up before derby's?

Yes

There is a difference in what a manager says/shouts and what the players do.

Yes, Yogi would have shouted and gave a braveheart kinda speech in order to try and fire them up, but for me, it fell on deaf ears these current crop of players do not know what passion or Hibs mean.

Phil D. Rolls
08-11-2010, 10:19 AM
well its obviously a difference of opinion then. Everyone i spoke to after the game in the pub seemed to agree with what i was saying. Are you honestly going to try and tell me that Yogi didnt get the players fired up before derby's?

Oh well if everyone in the pub said it I have to change my views.

Skanko79
08-11-2010, 10:20 AM

as i said, difference of opinion. you disagree with me, i disagree with you. get over it and have a good christmas. :bye:

blackpoolhibs
08-11-2010, 10:28 AM
It was absolutely awful, the only positive I can take is that Calderwood must surely have been able to cross a few more names off his list.

I doubt if Yogi would have had them playing better, that performance has been coming towards us like a train in a tunnel since the start of the season.

:agree: He will need to get rid of most of them imho. He will have to say the right things, in fact lie to these bunch of imposters, just to get us through to January still in with a shot of staying up. Although if he cant see we need a clear out, and indeed does not clear our every one of these useless ***** then he will only be papering over the cracks again.

heretoday
08-11-2010, 10:32 AM
Yogi's a fan at the end of the day never mind his record as manager.

At least I'm prepared to believe that.

Mixu was probably pissed off too and anyone else with a genuine concern for Hibs.

Phil D. Rolls
08-11-2010, 10:33 AM
as i said, difference of opinion. you disagree with me, i disagree with you. get over it and have a good christmas. :bye:

Yes, you too - whoever you are.

chrisski33
08-11-2010, 10:36 AM

dont think there wud have been any difference if yogi had been in charge! he wud have still come out with the usual pish afterwards saying the boys did well blah blah blah. players are low in confidence and need pull themselves together but doubt they will as they will still get their wages

sambajustice
08-11-2010, 11:12 AM
Took us down as Captain.

Now thanks to his managerial (non) skills, we'll probably be going down again!

Wonder whit aw the fitba' folk are thinking now?

Infact, i'm just wondering, are any of these "fitba folk" members of this forum? I'm not one! if there are any "Fitba Folk" on here can you please explain to me exactly what Shughes wiz tryin tae dae?

BSEJVT
08-11-2010, 11:21 AM
:agree: He will need to get rid of most of them imho. He will have to say the right things, in fact lie to these bunch of imposters, just to get us through to January still in with a shot of staying up. Although if he cant see we need a clear out, and indeed does not clear our every one of these useless ***** then he will only be papering over the cracks again.

10/10

Its time for radical surgery

Hibs for all their much vaunted acumen are IMO an inherently lazy / preserve the status quo type club.

Petrie should have backed Collins to the hilt over the dispute, even in hindsight having not done so he should have cleared the whole lot of those involved out.

We now have lunatics running the asylum and are reaping what we have sowed.

When was the last time Hibs signed a player from the Scottish Lower leagues, someone on the way up? Hearts and Utd and others have done it succesfully.

Of the top of my head I would think you would need to go back to Mcleish?

Do we not have that type of scouting structure.

Hughes is was and always will be an utter buffoon, who should never have got within a million miles of our great club.

H e was the easy soft option.

No offence to CC who has my best wishes, but to now have someone who was overlooked for him the last time in charge just seems like utter laziness.

If you keep doing what you have always done , you will keep getting what you have always got.

ReillyF5
08-11-2010, 11:24 AM
I see he was angry at Riordans sending off yesterday. I hope he's also angry with himself at the P*** he signed for Hibernian.

Yes Hughes. You are partly to blame for this sorry mess we find ourselves in. You signed some awful, awful dross and must take the blame.

Lets just hope Hibs can get rid of them come January and next summer.

Yogi was actually sticking up for Deek. He said something along the lines of "He's a good lad really, just loves Hibs. He got a bit frustrated, but there is history between the two players etc..etc...

I was actually quite impressed at how professional Derek and Skacel had been during the game considering what had happened in the past. Then in the last minute...dear oh dear. Now them across the city can be self righteous about it all. Deeks did us no favours. Misplaced passion.

Phil D. Rolls
08-11-2010, 01:44 PM
Yogi was actually sticking up for Deek. He said something along the lines of "He's a good lad really, just loves Hibs. He got a bit frustrated, but there is history between the two players etc..etc...

I was actually quite impressed at how professional Derek and Skacel had been during the game considering what had happened in the past. Then in the last minute...dear oh dear. Now them across the city can be self righteous about it all. Deeks did us no favours. Misplaced passion.

Something they are very good at. Loved the MacRaes banner getting waved in our face at half time. Very respectful to the war dead - its what they would have wanted themselves.

Low on historical accuracy but certainly another example of Hearts well earned position of the moral guardians of the city.

Cropley10
08-11-2010, 03:01 PM
10/10

Its time for radical surgery

Hibs for all their much vaunted acumen are IMO an inherently lazy / preserve the status quo type club.

Petrie should have backed Collins to the hilt over the dispute, even in hindsight having not done so he should have cleared the whole lot of those involved out.

We now have lunatics running the asylum and are reaping what we have sowed.

When was the last time Hibs signed a player from the Scottish Lower leagues, someone on the way up? Hearts and Utd and others have done it succesfully.

Of the top of my head I would think you would need to go back to Mcleish?

Do we not have that type of scouting structure.

Hughes is was and always will be an utter buffoon, who should never have got within a million miles of our great club.

H e was the easy soft option.

No offence to CC who has my best wishes, but to now have someone who was overlooked for him the last time in charge just seems like utter laziness.

If you keep doing what you have always done , you will keep getting what you have always got.

Very good post. Sums up what I think and ties in with what truehibernian was saying on another thread, regarding recruitment.

Problem is we don't pay transfer fees or deal with agents apparently.

jacomo
08-11-2010, 08:44 PM
Yes.

x2.

I thought Yogi would have been at his best on derby days, but he failed to get Hibs to impose themselves against Hearts.

madabouthibs
08-11-2010, 09:27 PM
I can see why Chris Hogg has been captain for so long, there is simply no -one else with any leadership qualities in that team. It seems making Riordan captain was more for his benefit, than that of the team.

I don't blame Yogi for all of this, his hands have been tied by tight purse strings, and players that just seem content with pottering along earning (or not earning as the case may be) a healthy wage. Yes he's signed some zoomers, but he's also signed a few seemingly good players.
De Graff isn't the player we thought we were getting, but he can't be all bad having played in the top Dutch league for so long. Miller? From Celtic, to Man U, and now a total waste of a football strip as far as I've seen.
Hughes did remark last night that if he knew he was gonna lose his job within 4 weeks he would have fought tooth and nail to keep Stokes at Hibs. Kinda give us a clue as to how frustrating it must be for Hibs managers. It seems the manager isn't getting in training what we're getting during games.

My biggest worry now is that the board will panic and jettison CC before he gets a chance to stamp any authority on this bunch of wage thiefs! :rolleyes:

Yes, we need a clear out, but who do we clear out and who do we get to replace them???:grr:

archiebald
08-11-2010, 09:51 PM
Pity he didn't act so tough with Bamba (am not playing midfield-back late from internatiol duty ect ect)

fatbloke
08-11-2010, 11:21 PM

Only problem is that defence would get you convicted in a court of law.:greengrin