PDA

View Full Version : Player Days off

Baldy Foghorn
08-11-2010, 10:08 AM
I believe the players were given a few days off during week to prepare for Derby..... Seems they were still on holiday mode yesterday.......

Cant for the life of me understand when we are struggling so badly, that they are give a few days off.... Fine if not wanting to train them too hard, but what about getting them all in, speaking about mental toughness, physchology, watch how good teams pass and play etc......Get the message through to them.......This is their jobs........They are paid handsomely.........

Seems like Hibs are a holiday camp like Butlins at the moment........:grr:

truehibernian
08-11-2010, 10:10 AM
I believe the players were given a few days off during week to prepare for Derby..... Seems they were still on holiday mode yesterday.......

Cant for the life of me understand when we are struggling so badly, that they are give a few days off.... Fine if not wanting to train them too hard, but what about getting them all in, speaking about mental toughness, physchology, watch how good teams pass and play etc......Get the message through to them.......This is their jobs........They are paid handsomely.........

Good post Baldy. It won't lift your mood to know two players who played yesterday were in the pub literally around an hour after the game. I'm all for drowning sorrows now and again, but for me that underlines your post.

They don't really honestly care many of them.

JimBHibees
08-11-2010, 10:11 AM

Must admit I was a little surprised when CC said they had a couple of days off think it must have been Tuesday, Wednesday as he said they were in Thursday, Friday adn Saturday. Maybe he had mullered them on Monday, I dont know but IMO they seemed lacking in sharpness and second to everything.

JimBHibees
08-11-2010, 10:11 AM
Good post Baldy. It won't lift your mood to know two players who played yesterday were in the pub literally around an hour after the game. I'm all for drowning sorrows now and again, but for me that underlines your post.

They don't really honestly care many of them.

who as a matter of interest?

Dr Jimmy
08-11-2010, 10:13 AM
Exactly.....name and shame them.

blackpoolhibs
08-11-2010, 10:17 AM
In the summer i think there will be a lot getting more time off, it cant come quickly enough for me.

truehibernian
08-11-2010, 10:18 AM
who as a matter of interest?

You have a PM Jim

Baldy Foghorn
08-11-2010, 10:24 AM
You have a PM Jim

Can you not just post their names on here??..... No secrecy, if the players think it is acceptable to go out drinking after that display, there are serious issues afoot

Baldy Foghorn
08-11-2010, 10:25 AM
In the summer i think there will be a lot getting more time off, it cant come quickly enough for me.

:top marks::top marks:agree:

Get shot of the lot of them, total under achievers......

HibbyRod
08-11-2010, 10:30 AM
Can you not just post their names on here??..... No secrecy, if the players think it is acceptable to go out drinking after that display, there are serious issues afoot

:agree:

If the players were seen in a pub roughly an hour after the match ended (and it seemed that Calderwood had them still in the dressing room for about 40-45 minutes after full-time), then they should be openly identified.

I'm not saying that they should not go out in the evening, etc., but if this is true, then it is ridiculous and they should have more sense at least, given the circumstances.

BigKev
08-11-2010, 10:31 AM

I agree. Shocking lack of respect for the punters if they feel the need to go for a beer after producing a performance like that.

If it's an accepted practice something is far, far wrong.

Skanko79
Michael Hart and Mark Brown were in walkabout at the omni centre after the game.

Deek01
I'm interested in who, can I have a pm :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
08-11-2010, 10:33 AM
By the way some of them played, did anyone see them in the pub before the game?

truehibernian
08-11-2010, 10:38 AM
For me it all boils down to a pride thing.

Yes, we all have bad days at the office, and of course, we sometimes hit the pub to unwind. But most of us are not footballers, who are in the media glare and are "celebrities". There has to be a shred of thought for the fans after a painful showing.

I just don't think footballers get it. I was just angry and disappointed. Don't get me wrong, neither were drunk or giving it large. But the pub is really, for me, the last place to show face immediately after a game. Maybe I am turning into a "Meldrew".

In saying that other clubs do it, so it's a Scottish thing, not just a Hibernian thing.

WindyMiller
08-11-2010, 10:42 AM
For me it all boils down to a pride thing.

Yes, we all have bad days at the office, and of course, we sometimes hit the pub to unwind. But most of us are not footballers, who are in the media glare and are "celebrities". There has to be a shred of thought for the fans after a painful showing.

I just don't think footballers get it. I was just angry and disappointed. Don't get me wrong, neither were drunk or giving it large. But the pub is really, for me, the last place to show face immediately after a game. Maybe I am turning into a "Meldrew".

In saying that other clubs do it, so it's a Scottish thing, not just a Hibernian thing.

Let's hope CC gets us out of this Scottish habit.

Broken Gnome
08-11-2010, 10:44 AM
Michael Hart and Mark Brown were in walkabout at the omni centre after the game.

If that's true, even beyond the fact they shouldn't really have been there, then their choice of venue shows that they don't have a braincell between them.

Pretty Boy
08-11-2010, 10:44 AM
Any Hibs player who was in the pub last night really needs to take a long hard look at themselves. After that shambles yesterday those jokers should be ashamed to show their faces. They let themsleves, the club and the fans down yet again.

Atletico Madrid lost their derby last night, does anyone think Forlan, Aguero et al were hitting a boozer in Madrid an hour after the game? I don't.

JimBHibees
08-11-2010, 10:45 AM

:faf::faf:

truehibernian
08-11-2010, 10:48 AM
Good point. Anyone sit near the dug out confirm if Hughes had optics installed in his time in charge ? :greengrin Trakys looked like he had sunk a few by the time he came on......he was doing the "silly walk" impression most of the game.

HibbyRod
08-11-2010, 10:50 AM

:faf::thumbsup:

PeeJay
08-11-2010, 11:00 AM

Good common-sense post - we are bottom of the league, the team plays in a completely disorganised manner, no-one seems to really know what they are doing on the park, players frequently jumping in twos for the same ball because they are unaware of where they are meant to be at any time in a game, balls pumped high to midgets or into the box where no real tactical method can be discerned, and players looking unfit, not mentally prepared, not motivated and the list goes so on - with all the work obviously needing done, as CC claims himself, I fail to see how it can be fixed when the 'professionals' are not at their place of work? Baffling - I could maybe understand it as a possible reward scheme but we're bottom. We need to work at it, and we need to work a damn site harder when we're at the bottom, surely? Days off - what signal does that send out to a team that is so obviously failing?:confused:

blackpoolhibs
08-11-2010, 11:07 AM
Is giving the team a few days off in the run up to a derby game CC's first mistake as Hibs manager?

Baader
08-11-2010, 11:08 AM
Great! We must be the softest club going. There are probably junior outfits with more off field discipline than us. Disappointing, if this is true, that the two named are fairly new recruits as well.

No problem with players being in a pub. But right after a spineless derby defeat? They should be too embarrassed to go out until they've managed to beat them in the next fixture. This probably sums up our squad right now. Pathetic.

Baldy Foghorn
08-11-2010, 11:11 AM
Is giving the team a few days off in the run up to a derby game CC's first mistake as Hibs manager?

It is certainly strange, and yes probably a mistake..... We have so many failings that need worked upon, we can't even manage to take throw ins without losing possession......Certain drills could have been performed, light training, but also an awareness of what CC wants from his players could have been worked on.....

Getting back to basics............

WindyMiller
08-11-2010, 11:16 AM

IMO CC has shown his concerns over the fitness of the squad in various interviews, and has cemented that view by bringing in his own fitness coach (although I wonder what's been happening in the past :confused: ).

He must have felt that giving them 2 days off then working with them for 3 days before the derby was beneficial.

blackpoolhibs
08-11-2010, 11:21 AM
It is certainly strange, and yes probably a mistake..... We have so many failings that need worked upon, we can't even manage to take throw ins without losing possession......Certain drills could have been performed, light training, but also an awareness of what CC wants from his players could have been worked on.....

:agree: Basics That would be the first thing any new manager would try and instill in the team. Very little evidence of that yesterday. :boo hoo:

IMO CC has shown his concerns over the fitness of the squad in various interviews, and has cemented that view by bringing in his own fitness coach (although I wonder what's been happening in the past :confused: ).

He must have felt that giving them 2 days off then working with them for 3 days before the derby was beneficial.

Well that didn't work. :boo hoo:

Danderhall Hibs
08-11-2010, 12:04 PM

:agree: Even just videos and chats about tactics. Even some team building exercises would be beneficial.

Definitely not sitting about playing FIFA, Champ Man or bevvying.