PDA

View Full Version : Milk

Hibbyradge
08-11-2010, 08:44 AM
Not the film, although it is very good, but coo juice.

I'm a recent convert to skimmed milk and I wondering what everyone else liked on their morning cereal and in their cup of tea.

So here's a poll about milk.

Pretty Boy
08-11-2010, 09:50 AM
Semi skimmed for me.

Full fats just to bad for you and skimmeds like proper milk watered down, bogging. A happy medium for me.

Sylar
08-11-2010, 10:23 AM
It depends really...

Semi-skimmed for either cooking/tea and coffee/hot chocolate or cereal.

However, if I just want a glass of milk to drink, it has to to be fu' fat coo!

Jack
08-11-2010, 10:36 AM
I’ve voted semi as that’s what I have a breakfast time … with my coffee. :greengrin

Full fat milk is nice for a treat now and again and the sheer pleasure of a gold top, or even some of the more fatty milks, on that rare occasion makes me shudder with delight ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :greengrin

Woody1985
08-11-2010, 01:57 PM
Breast.

Groathillgrump
08-11-2010, 03:11 PM
Breast.

What a tit! :greengrin

Dinkydoo
08-11-2010, 05:27 PM
Semi-skimmed for me.

Full fat on the odd occassion.

Breast.

I have to say that my immaturity shone right through there when I read that comment.

:faf:

s.a.m
08-11-2010, 05:46 PM
Milk Is Evil.

I can just about put up with it, if heavilly disguised with tea / coffee. Or turned into cheese. Otherwise, it's clearly unaccceptable.

Speedy
08-11-2010, 06:30 PM
It depends really...

Semi-skimmed for either cooking/tea and coffee/hot chocolate or cereal.

However, if I just want a glass of milk to drink, it has to to be fu' fat coo!

:agree:

HibbyAndy
09-11-2010, 09:34 PM
Red lid milk, But thats cause my bodys like a temple.

nonshinyfinish
14-11-2010, 12:40 PM
Breast.

:tee hee:

Sir David Gray
14-11-2010, 12:48 PM
I used to only drink full fat but a couple of months ago, I converted to semi-skimmed and I have to say that there's very little difference in terms of taste but semi-skimmed is better for you.

I couldn't possibly drink skimmed, though, that is just disgusting. :jamboak:

Leicester Fan
14-11-2010, 03:51 PM
I drink my tea Mike Tyson style, strong, black and not at all sweet.

LancashireHibby
14-11-2010, 09:07 PM
Skimmed might as well be water, and full fat is just Elmlea in a glass bottle. Semi skimmed for me, happy medium.

Hibbyradge
15-11-2010, 08:00 AM
The "happy medium" of semi-skimmed contains 16 times as much fat as skimmed.

I changed down to skimmed three weeks ago and I've lost 2 stone already.

(Some of that is a lie.)

Peevemor
15-11-2010, 11:40 AM
I love milk and used to drink pints of the stuff every day, but the fact is that it simply isn't good for you - especially in adulthood.

Rather than the calcium in milk being good for our bodies/bones, it can actually cause osteoporosis and other disorders (google it and you'll see).

In addition, lactose (basically milk sugar) isn't something that our bodies deal with particularly well. Many people suffer in varying degrees from wind, the trots, fatigue, lethargy and cramps due to an intolerance to lactose (of which they are probably unaware).

I didn't know any of this stuff until earler this year when I moved house and changed doctor. We were having a general chat and I mentioned various aches and pains that I've put up with for 20+ years (for example I can walk for miles no problem, but if I have to sit or stand still for any length of time, my legs become very stiff/sore) He told me about the milk/lactose thing and since then I use only reduced lactose milk. It took a bit of getting used to, but after 3 or 4 months I began to notice a real difference.

Since90+2
15-11-2010, 05:48 PM
The green one :greengrin

--------
16-11-2010, 01:10 PM
Not the film, although it is very good, but coo juice.

I'm a recent convert to skimmed milk and I wondering what everyone else liked on their morning cereal and in their cup of tea.

So here's a poll about milk.

OK, Mr Radge - where are the options for GOATS' milk? Full fat, semi-skimmed, skimmed, as sold in T***O?

What you got against goats, then? Hmm? :grr:

I drink semi-skimmed goats' milk - delicious, and very healthy, too.

Goats' milk yoghurt, soft cheese, hard cheese, feta - beautiful. And much better for you than coo juice.

Bishop Hibee
16-11-2010, 04:21 PM
Full-fat for me! Only on breakfast cereal/porridge and a dash in tea/coffee although semi-skimmed at work :grr: Never drink the stuff on its own.

Used to love the cream on the top of the old glass pint bottles on the doorstep. As for unpasteurised :drool: