PDA

View Full Version : The Rod Petrie Myth That He Doesnt Back his Managers.

ReillyF5
07-11-2010, 09:53 PM
I've been reading this board in its various guises for a long time and there is one thing that really grates with me about certain members. :cool2:

There is a consensus that RP/STF doesnt back the managers with signings.

Riddle me this folks, we were in debt, we have successfully brought the debt down so obviously all the transfer money from the KT, SB selling couldnt go back into the team.

But explain to me how Mixu wasnt backed with signings, explain to me how Yogi wasnt backed with signings.

Watching these duds expensive duds brought in by managers backed by the RP such as Miller, De Graaf, (dare I say Riordan - systematic of everything wrong with our club).

RP if anything puts too much trust in his managers, CC will take a long time to convince me especially after leaving one of our die hards Murray on the bench.

I realise this is a bit of a ramble, but all I want to say is "perspective" lads and lassies.

RP bleeds green. We can turn this around, if worst comes to worst and we were relegated then it will be on the managers conscience not RP. Luckily we are the best placed SPL club to be relegated due to our responsibile financing. Hey, it was fun the last time - we came back with European cup winner Sauzee and co.

We have nothing to fear.

Proud to, Proud to be, Proud to be a, Hibee. :hnet:

HFC 0-7
07-11-2010, 09:56 PM
I've been reading this board in its various guises for a long time and there is one thing that really grates with me about certain members. :cool2:

Riddle me this folks, we were in debt, we have successfully brought the debt down so obviously all the transfer money from the KT, SB selling couldnt go back into the team.

But explain to me how Mixu wasnt backed with signings, explain to me how Yogi wasnt backed with signings.

Watching these duds expensive duds brought in by managers backed by the RP such as Miller, De Graaf, (dare I say Riordan - systematic of everything wrong with our club).

RP if anything puts too much trust in his managers, CC will take a long time to convince me especially after leaving one of our die hards Murray on the bench.

I realise this is a bit of a ramble, but all I want to say is "perspective" lads and lassies.

RP bleeds green. We can turn this around, if worst comes to worst and we were elegated then it will be on the managers conscience not RP. Luckily we are the best placed SPL club to be relegated due to our responsibile financing. Hey, it was fun the last time - we came back with European cup winner Sauzee and co.

We have nothing to fear.

How do we know that these players were expensive? Remember if the board are ploughing enough money into Hibs it means only one thing. The Board are absolutely rank rotten at appointing a decent manager.

If Rod doesnt take any blame if we were relegated he is off his rocker! He appointed the managers that got us in this place.

PapillonVert
07-11-2010, 10:00 PM

RP bleeds green. We can turn this around, if worst comes to worst and we were relegated then it will be on the managers conscience not RP. Luckily we are the best placed SPL club to be relegated due to our responsibile financing. Hey, it was fun the last time - we came back with European cup winner Sauzee and co.

We have nothing to fear.

Thanks for clearing things up, Rod! :greengrin

Cropley10
07-11-2010, 10:00 PM

We have nothing to fear.

:bye: Do one.

ReillyF5
07-11-2010, 10:03 PM
How do we know that these players were expensive? Remember if the board are ploughing enough money into Hibs it means only one thing. The Board are absolutely rank rotten at appointing a decent manager.

If Rod doesnt take any blame if we were relegated he is off his rocker! He appointed the managers that got us in this place.

It doesnt matter if they were expensive Hibs13. All that matters is that it was the players the gaffer has selected out of all the players in the world they could of chosen.

I wanted Yogi to be manager, I thought Mixu would do a good job. RP isnt a mindreader.

Sometimes I fear we get ahead of ourselves, like we have a right to beat St Mirren or Aberdeen. We have to earn it. The kids out there today didnt, CC didnt cover himself in glory.

But no, we blame the heirarchy. RP and STF, the men who have turned Hibs into a profitable machine. If the league was won on bank balance we would win it, which is what they are in charge of. Unfortunately the league is won on performances - which is the MANAGERS job.

CC bringing on Traky bottoms was a poor move, he knew he wasnt good enough to start, so why bring him on? Another poor Yogi signing. Signing **** Liths is above us FFS.

Im so angry with todays gutless performance.

ReillyF5
07-11-2010, 10:05 PM
:bye: Do one.

Naw, unless you want to address my points. Hibernian is a long term plan, not some quick fix, throw money about because were in bad form which is what people are suggesting. Seriously, why undo the good work we have done because of knee jerk merchants.

Where were you sitting today out of interest??

Cropley10
07-11-2010, 10:13 PM
Naw, unless you want to address my points. Hibernian is a long term plan, not some quick fix, throw money about because were in bad form which is what people are suggesting. Seriously, why undo the good work we have done because of knee jerk merchants.

Where were you sitting today out of interest??

Long term plan! If only.

Anyway, your just at the wind up and I can't be bothered. :bye: :bye:

Cropley10
07-11-2010, 10:16 PM
:troll:

ReillyF5
07-11-2010, 10:18 PM
Long term plan! If only.

Anyway, your just at the wind up and I can't be bothered. :bye: :bye:

Cropley, it appears you know nout about the planning and effort that goes on in the background for Hibs to function as a profitable SPL club. You dont think RP has long term structured plan? I can tell you for a FACT that he does. :bye:

The only thing I am anxious about is whether CC is the right man. The positive thing is he seems to have the experience and a calm head while others lose theirs.

ReillyF5
07-11-2010, 10:19 PM

Troll?? Your a fool.

Where were you sitting today??

Cropley10
07-11-2010, 10:21 PM

Pompous /\

ReillyF5
07-11-2010, 10:24 PM

Pompous /\

:spammy:

marinello59
07-11-2010, 10:26 PM
Play nice guys. We don't want to be closing the thread.:greengrin

RIP
07-11-2010, 10:27 PM
Rod was the cure for our finances

But we only need one good accountant to manage that. I'm sure Rod is that man

The trouble is - he is also running the football club

83 players in FIVE years tells it's own sad story

While other chairmen have been building on youth and bringing the sort of talented runners, ball players and wingers to their clubs (that the fans will pay to see) Rod has given each manager a kitty for a bunch of dull journeymen that bring nothing to our club.

Some of these 83 are so untalented they make my eyes bleed

Gatecrasher
07-11-2010, 10:29 PM
Rod was the cure for our finances

But we only need one good accountant to manage that. I'm sure Rod is that man

The trouble is - he is also running the football club

83 players in FIVE years tells it's own sad story

While other chairmen have been building on youth and bringing the sort of talented runners, ball players and wingers to their clubs (that the fans will pay to see) Rod has given each manager a kitty for a bunch of dull journeymen that bring nothing to our club.

Some of these 83 are so untalented they make my eyes bleed

surely the above post shows the managers over the last few years have been allowed to build a team, its just they have bought **** players

Bonnyrigg H.F.C
07-11-2010, 10:31 PM
Either all our recent managers are a bad judge of a player, or they are been replaced with the cheap option. I'd imagine the cheap option is more likely out of the two judging by the random journeymen that are popping up on the last day of every window. If you look at it the other way and argue that the managers have a bad eye for a player, then surely the board who appoint them each and every time have a bad eye for a manager? Whatever way, it doesn't look good on their part, Calderwood is their last chance having went through so many.

ReillyF5
07-11-2010, 10:32 PM
surely the above post shows the managers over the last few years have been allowed to build a team, its just they have bought **** players

The inconvenient Truth for many.

Big Frank
07-11-2010, 10:33 PM

We have nothing to fear.

Hertz fud.

Not long now...you'll be punted, then you can get down to the main event.... pulling yourself off to a picture of FJK while wearing your romanov gimp mask:bye:

Cropley10
07-11-2010, 10:34 PM

they have been allowed to build a team of **** players.

But please :troll:

ReillyF5
07-11-2010, 10:38 PM
Hertz fud.

Not long now...you'll be punted, then you can get down to the main event.... pulling yourself off to a picture of FJK while wearing your romanov gimp mask:bye:

Is that the treatment on here for fans who stick up for people who have the good of our club at their heart. Rather than managers or players who are happy to take the wage from the punters, kiss the badge while put in **** performances???

Big Frank, newsflash, i dont want to hear about your disturbing fantasies after a derby defeat. Scratch that, ever. Were all in this hole together just now, unity will dig us out of it, but it doesnt mean I have to like people who are openly disrespectful.

ReillyF5
07-11-2010, 10:39 PM

I want this debate, kept open. The admin have already warned us, so truce, OK? :agree:

chrisski33
07-11-2010, 10:40 PM
Troll?? Your a fool.

Where were you sitting today??

so where were you sitting? in with the yams i bet! what relevance is it to where someone was sitting today if they comment on your gash thread?

Cropley10
07-11-2010, 10:40 PM
Is that the treatment on here for fans who stick up for people who have the good of our club at their heart. Rather than managers or players who are happy to take the wage from the punters, kiss the badge while put in **** performances???

Big Frank, newsflash, i dont want to hear about your disturbing fantasies after a derby defeat. Scratch that, ever. Were all in this hole together just now, unity will dig us out of it, but it doesnt mean I have to like people who are openly disrespectful.

Pompous and patronising, is never a nice mix.

Cropley10
07-11-2010, 10:41 PM
I want this debate, kept open. The admin have already warned us, so truce, OK? :agree:

You are a nasty troll. Go away before you get faxed back...

ReillyF5
07-11-2010, 10:43 PM
so where were you sitting? in with the yams i bet! what relevance is it to where someone was sitting today if they comment on your gash thread?

I didnt start with the abuse, I put my point over in the 1st post.

I want to know whether he is an armchair fan or was supporting the 'team' (loose term) today.

If you can gather over 2,500 posts on a MB surely you can get along to ER for a crunch game.

chrisski33
07-11-2010, 10:48 PM
I didnt start with the abuse, I put my point over in the 1st post.

I want to know whether he is an armchair fan or was supporting the 'team' (loose term) today.

If you can gather over 2,500 posts on a MB surely you can get along to ER for a crunch game.

you still gather over 2500 posts on here and go to the games if you spend all your other spare time on a pc!

ReillyF5
07-11-2010, 10:49 PM
you still gather over 2500 posts on here and go to the games if you spend all your other spare time on a pc!

True, I suspect that is where his paranoia stems from. :wink:

gillythehibby
07-11-2010, 11:02 PM
Guys I was at the game today and like everyone else, feel like I always do when Hibs get beat fae that mob...........*** gutted. For what it's worth, my take on it is as follows. RP has generally run the club very well. The only problem now is, that we are not a bank (maybe wrong example) but a football team. If Rod and the board cannot fund a better quality player, then they should have a look at themselves. Todays effort was not about lack of passion or comittment or even the manager. IT is down to QUALITY. A decent hibs team would have murdered the mob the day. They are S***e, but we made it easy for them. Good teams have quality players. John Collins was probably not far off the mark for suggesting that he was not backed for the quality of player he would like to have brought to the club. YOGI was probably just happy being Hibs manager. We cannot keep selling talented players and replacing them with mediocre goods. THat mob along the road are not an example of how to run a club, but they have stumped up for better players which is why they seem to get the better of us. IF the board cannot generate the revenue to take us to a better quality player, then maybe they need to go. Maybe I'm just frustrated but that'smy take on it tonight. God Bless the Hibs

Cropley10
07-11-2010, 11:06 PM
Guys I was at the game today and like everyone else, feel like I always do when Hibs get beat fae that mob...........*** gutted. For what it's worth, my take on it is as follows. RP has generally run the club very well. The only problem now is, that we are not a bank (maybe wrong example) but a football team. If Rod and the board cannot fund a better quality player, then they should have a look at themselves. Todays effort was not about lack of passion or comittment or even the manager. IT is down to QUALITY. A decent hibs team would have murdered the mob the day. They are S***e, but we made it easy for them. Good teams have quality players. John Collins was probably not far off the mark for suggesting that he was not backed for the quality of player he would like to have brought to the club. YOGI was probably just happy being Hibs manager. We cannot keep selling talented players and replacing them with mediocre goods. THat mob along the road are not an example of how to run a club, but they have stumped up for better players which is why they seem to get the better of us. IF the board cannot generate the revenue to take us to a better quality player, then maybe they need to go. Maybe I'm just frustrated but that'smy take on it tonight. God Bless the Hibs

As I said earlier....:greengrin