PDA

View Full Version : the dog fight

sean
07-11-2010, 07:32 PM
Having only seen hibs in the first 3 matches of the season and then today(as i play on a saturday) i honestly believe we are in a relegation dog fight.

Sadly it was plain to see that after 15minutes today, we were only going to get beat. I struggle to think of an easier hearts derby win in the last 10 years. Both goals were down to basic marking/communication problems, 2 gifts just given to hearts and if the game was still going now we would still not have scored.

The tactics today also worried me, i am not expecting big things under colin calderwood at all, but i didnt understand the tactics, i took us nearly 20 minutes to win a header in the half, why on earth he didnt tell his keeper to tell the full backs to come short for goal kicks i will never know, our only outlet was galbraith and a 10 stone striker, playing back to goal against two centre halfs.

also this is the first time i have seen trakys, who looks like another last minute rubbish signing that wont be here for very long.

colin calderwood has inherited a very strange squad in the fact he has around 8/10 players who play at the back, chuck in 3 goalies of a similar standard, only around 4 central midfield players, 1 wide player, and 3 strikers. we have no players with pace or any real threat in the air, we have one man who can score us a goal.

we are a soft touch(like previous seasons)but unlike previous years we dont have the strike force to save us from defeats.The previous manager knew this,the current one now does,the fans know this and so does every other team in the league.

i worry for us

Bostonhibby
07-11-2010, 07:39 PM
Having only seen hibs in the first 3 matches of the season and then today(as i play on a saturday) i honestly believe we are in a relegation dog fight.

Sadly it was plain to see that after 15minutes today, we were only going to get beat. I struggle to think of an easier hearts derby win in the last 10 years. Both goals were down to basic marking/communication problems, 2 gifts just given to hearts and if the game was still going now we would still not have scored.

The tactics today also worried me, i am not expecting big things under colin calderwood at all, but i didnt understand the tactics, i took us nearly 20 minutes to win a header in the half, why on earth he didnt tell his keeper to tell the full backs to come short for goal kicks i will never know, our only outlet was galbraith and a 10 stone striker, playing back to goal against two centre halfs.

also this is the first time i have seen trakys, who looks like another last minute rubbish signing that wont be here for very long.

colin calderwood has inherited a very strange squad in the fact he has around 8/10 players who play at the back, chuck in 3 goalies of a similar standard, only around 4 central midfield players, 1 wide player, and 3 strikers. we have no players with pace or any real threat in the air, we have one man who can score us a goal.

we are a soft touch(like previous seasons)but unlike previous years we dont have the strike force to save us from defeats.The previous manager knew this,the current one now does,the fans know this and so does every other team in the league.

i worry for us

:bitchy: We don't do dogfights. We have a collection of non triers and prima donnas who see themselves either above that sort of thing, or not giving a shi'ite because they will get paid whatever happens.

:agree: Like you I definitely worry though.

Westie1875
07-11-2010, 07:41 PM

i worry for us

This is what will make it take longer for CC than it usually does for a new manager to improve the results - only one person to blame.

DH1875
08-11-2010, 12:04 AM
This is what will make it take longer for CC than it usually does for a new manager to improve the results - only one person to blame.

Here we go again with the Yogi bashing :yawn:.

sean
08-11-2010, 08:47 AM

this is one of the only things that yogi can take blame for, as he created the same inbalanced squad, which really wont get sorted out till next summer.

Beefster
08-11-2010, 08:53 AM

He has arguably left a worse squad than any manager since Duffy so a wee bit of blame might be justified.