PDA

View Full Version : Out of contract players who are still looking for a club

Hibees07
07-11-2010, 05:59 PM
I would imagine that there are still a lot of players who are out of contract and still looking for a club (i'm sure the list was posted on here before). Do you think CC should be looking at who is available and maybe get a few of them in now as a quick fix until the end of the season (or Jan window), even if this means paying higher wages.

If I remember correctly there were a number of players on the list with good experience.

DH1875
08-11-2010, 02:03 AM
And the thing about that is it's not difficult to do. Anyone can go on the PFA website and see the lists of players who are free at the moment. Few players on there who I'm sure would kill for a contract even if you offered them peanuts.

MrHibs1982
08-11-2010, 11:01 AM
just had a look just now and noticed Jeremie Aliadiere was still on the list so thought I would check out his wikipedia to see why nobody had signed him.
Wiki says he was on trial at west ham but done his ligaments so they didnt sign him.
Anyway further down it states that "Aliadiere holds the record for most goals scored in a game. He played against Brazil when at Colchester United and scored a legendary 1,000,000 goals."!!!! pmsl :thumbsup:

Hibbyradge
08-11-2010, 11:03 AM
I would imagine that there are still a lot of players who are out of contract and still looking for a club (i'm sure the list was posted on here before). Do you think CC should be looking at who is available and maybe get a few of them in now as a quick fix until the end of the season (or Jan window), even if this means paying higher wages.

If I remember correctly there were a number of players on the list with good experience.

You have a good imagination.

Skanko79
08-11-2010, 11:05 AM
Usually these players are without a club for a reason.....

MrHibs1982
08-11-2010, 12:40 PM
just had a look just now and noticed Jeremie Aliadiere was still on the list so thought I would check out his wikipedia to see why nobody had signed him.
Wiki says he was on trial at west ham but done his ligaments so they didnt sign him.
Anyway further down it states that "Aliadiere holds the record for most goals scored in a game. He played against Brazil when at Colchester United and scored a legendary 1,000,000 goals."!!!! pmsl :thumbsup:

Hibstrooper
08-11-2010, 12:53 PM
Nicky Butt!

Exactly the type of player we need with some dig and bite - instant captain too.

On BBC Rumours today it has him linked with a move to China.

Plus he will know Calderwood from his time with Newcastle. Come on Colin - make that call!!

MrHibs1982
08-11-2010, 01:11 PM
Having a look and is one or two decent players, i know i would take Jay DeMerit in a heartbeat - guy just played all USA;s games in the world cup.
As for forwards i have hear of the young lad Febian Brandy, just released by man U!!