PDA

View Full Version : Hibs tatts

green leaves
02-11-2010, 02:20 PM
Appologies if this has already been covered,but i fancy getting a hibs tattoo for my 40th.

Wheres the best tattoo shop to use?

Thinking of some kind of Harp design.

Thanks.

Lucius Apuleius
03-11-2010, 08:26 AM
Elder son had his done in Falkirk (Harp) I had mine done down ER (badge). Not heard any reports about the guy up Friars Street in Stirling. Both my kids (covered in the bloody things!!!) like the Falkirk one.

Judas Iscariot
03-11-2010, 09:37 AM
Tribe on West Nicholson Street..

Dutch guy Rob in there is superb!!

He's done my last 7 or 8 tats and is superb!!

I wanted a harp tattoo and took 4 or 5 different images into him and he drew some ideas up for me an this was the final result..

http://triton.imageshack.us/Himg442/scaled.php?server=442&filename=imageorj.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=480

It's probably my favourite out of all my tattoos..

Getting booked in with him again soon for more work, cannot fault him at all! He's tattooed my Mrs and my mother, not at the same time though :wink:

brianmc
03-11-2010, 10:26 AM
Have you got over your needle phobia then Cowie??

MSK
03-11-2010, 10:46 AM

I wanted a harp tattoo and took 4 or 5 different images into him and he drew some ideas up for me an this was the final result..

http://triton.imageshack.us/Himg442/scaled.php?server=442&filename=imageorj.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=480

Getting booked in with him again soon for more work, cannot fault him at all! He's tattooed my Mrs and my mother, not at the same time though :wink:What are his prices like mate ..?..i fancy a harp design for my upper arm ..nothing too fussy though ..perhaps a harp with 1875 or HFC 1875incorporated ...i have the old football crest (Ball & Crown) on my forearm so just wanna finish my hibs arm ..

Will try & get a pic up later ..if i can find out how to do it ...

Scouse Hibee
03-11-2010, 02:28 PM

Getting booked in with him again soon for more work, cannot fault him at all! He's tattooed my Mrs and my mother, not at the same time though :wink:
Oh dear! Not a fan of tattoos and certainly not on women. Each to there own though.:greengrin

green leaves
03-11-2010, 02:38 PM
Have you got over your needle phobia then Cowie??

Lets hope so!

Judas Iscariot
03-11-2010, 04:22 PM
What are his prices like mate ..?..i fancy a harp design for my upper arm ..nothing too fussy though ..perhaps a harp with 1875 or HFC 1875incorporated ...i have the old football crest (Ball & Crown) on my forearm so just wanna finish my hibs arm ..

Will try & get a pic up later ..if i can find out how to do it ...

You get what you pay for with tattoos mate, especially custom work..

The cheaper option is 9/10 the wrong option!

The one I posted was £110 and took him roughly 80-90 mins but he did do all the drawing and designing aswell..

I've got about 20+ tattoos and he's the best, quite pricey but at the end of the day you have it for life and the guys work is absolute quality!

Oh dear! Not a fan of tattoos and certainly not on women. Each to there own though.:greengrin

I'm not a fan of scousers like but each to their own eh :wink:

MSK
03-11-2010, 04:56 PM
You get what you pay for with tattoos mate, especially custom work..

The cheaper option is 9/10 the wrong option!

The one I posted was £110 and took him roughly 80-90 mins but he did do all the drawing and designing aswell..

I've got about 20+ tattoos and he's the best, quite pricey but at the end of the day you have it for life and the guys work is absolute quality!

Cheers mate, i have absolutley no problem paying for quality :agree:..the reason i asked the price was so i can save up ..my hibs crest cost £15 about 28 years ago ...:greengrin

green leaves
03-11-2010, 07:33 PM
Elder son had his done in Falkirk (Harp) I had mine done down ER (badge). Not heard any reports about the guy up Friars Street in Stirling. Both my kids (covered in the bloody things!!!) like the Falkirk one.

Were's the one in Falkirk?Got a pic of the Harp tatt?

The Stirling shop doesnt do football tatts,i was told wit a sneer.

.Sean.
03-11-2010, 07:34 PM
Cheers mate, i have absolutley no problem paying for quality :agree:..the reason i asked the price was so i can save up ..my hibs crest cost £15 about 28 years ago ...:greengrin
I considered getting the ball and crown crest recently, but decided against it. Very smart badge though :agree:

Why is it Hibs got rid? My dad thinks there were problems with the crown, or something along similar lines? :confused:

green leaves
03-11-2010, 07:42 PM
I considered getting the ball and crown crest recently, but decided against it. Very smart badge though :agree:

Why is it Hibs got rid? My dad thinks there were problems with the crown, or something along similar lines? :confused:

IIRC it was someting to do with the the crown breaching some kind of heraldic rules.

Lucius Apuleius
04-11-2010, 08:54 AM
Were's the one in Falkirk?Got a pic of the Harp tatt?

The Stirling shop doesnt do football tatts,i was told wit a sneer.

I'll ask the bairn to send a pic. Might take me a couple of days to get hold of him though. The one in Falkirk is across from the police station Bell Wynd I think. (Skin Scribe) Another one called Heaven and Hell I think but not sure where. Younger son says Stirling is the best but if he won't do it go back and pan his windows in. He also likes Skin Scribe and knows that they do them.

Teo10
04-11-2010, 09:01 AM
I've had both of mine done at Studio XIII just off the Royal Mile. Very clean and hygenic and the artists there do a good job! Going back for my third for my birthday!

Pretty Boy
04-11-2010, 09:30 AM
On the subject of tattoos can anyone recommend anywhere that is particulary good at script tattoos?

Been thinking long and hard about tattoos i want and have finaly decided i want a couple of lines of script on my chest but want it to be top quaity, price isn't a problem as i'm willing to pay for a good job.