PDA

View Full Version : Huns attempt to intimidate Stokes

Fantic
29-10-2010, 09:34 AM
Celtic striker Anthony Stokes has insisted he won't be scared by bullies after a group of supporters targeted his home.

Police were called to the Irish footballer's Broxburn property after a group gathered outside after the Parkhead side's defeat by Rangers on Sunday.

Stokes said he would not tolerate harassment.

"I won't be intimidated by people coming up to my house. If people have a few drinks they tend to do stupid things. No player should have to expect it."

lapsedhibee
29-10-2010, 09:48 AM
Celtic striker Anthony Stokes has insisted he won't be scared by bullies after a group of supporters targeted his home.

Police were called to the Irish footballer's Broxburn property after a group gathered outside after the Parkhead side's defeat by Rangers on Sunday.

"I won't be intimidated by people coming up to my house. If people have a few drinks they tend to do stupid things. No player should have to expect it."

Hmm. Sign for Celtc and move from Edinburgh to Broxburn. He must have wanted very badly to fit in with Celtc FC, by deliberately becoming a victim.

PaulSmith
29-10-2010, 10:00 AM

Brilliant Stokesy, after seeing the state of you on several occassions I'm sure your talking from experience.

Steve-O
29-10-2010, 10:04 AM
:faf:

Sellick player moving to Broxburn. Good choice Stokesy ya doughnut! :rolleyes:

Teo10
29-10-2010, 10:15 AM
Brilliant Stokesy, after seeing the state of you on several occassions I'm sure your talking from experience.

:agree: Like trying to boot someone on the ground outside an Edinburgh nightclub.... and missing :faf:

Phil D. Rolls
29-10-2010, 11:23 AM

Well, he would know. Broxburn was a hardly a sensible place for him to buy a house.

SquashedFrogg
29-10-2010, 11:50 AM
Well, he would know. Broxburn was a hardly a sensible place for him to buy a house.

Especially when you consider his house is on the main street about 50 yards away from the local boozers, chippy etc.

Couldn't believe it when i heard he'd bought it.

Surely he must have expected something like this? :crazy:

Gatecrasher
29-10-2010, 11:53 AM
Especially when you consider his house is on the main street about 50 yards away from the local boozers, chippy etc.

Couldn't believe it when i heard he'd bought it.

Surely he must have expected something like this? :crazy:

to me Sounds exactly like the type of house he would go for :wink:

lapsedhibee
29-10-2010, 11:56 AM

:tsk tsk: That would have been plain fick. Renting.

Dinkydoo
29-10-2010, 11:59 AM
Nice to see that both sets of OF fans are continually confirming what total erseholes the "minority" of thier support is.

OF fans are undeniably Scotlands shame.

Although someone could have warned Stokes before he moved to Broxburn :faf:

SquashedFrogg
29-10-2010, 12:00 PM
to me Sounds exactly like the type of house he would go for :wink:

You're probably right.

It's an older style building thats been renovated and extended but still looks minging.

Thought it was a wind up when I heard he'd bought it. Still, he'll get a cracking view of the gala parade next year!

And I'm sure the flute band will enjoy playing as they walk past his front door.

lapsedhibee
29-10-2010, 12:07 PM
Thought it was a wind up when I heard he'd bought it.

"Stokes is believed to be renting the £400,000 five-bedroom property and living there on his own - but is now considering moving out."

Shirley the Direly Rancid can't have their facts wrong about a Celtc player? Does this mean Jack Regan is right all along? :dunno:

LeithBoozy
29-10-2010, 12:50 PM
Is it worth the hassle playing for the old-firm, and it does not end when their playing days are over. Some have even had bother after moving abroad, sair to bare. :rolleyes:

BroxburnHibee
29-10-2010, 01:12 PM
And whats wrong wi Broxburn likes :greengrin

Apart from obviously Stokes moving in :tee hee:

greenlex
29-10-2010, 01:16 PM
A £400,000 house in Broxburn? Aye right!!!!

--------
29-10-2010, 01:20 PM
"Stokes is believed to be renting the £400,000 five-bedroom property and living there on his own - but is now considering moving out."

Shirley the Direly Rancid can't have their facts wrong about a Celtc player? Does this mean Jack Regan is right all along? :dunno:

NO.

Stokes was up in Falkirk for quite a while on his first spell with Hughes. He was with us a full year. So he really should have known better than to move to Broxburn.

But then, a house so conveniently situated to his need for booze and junk food....

Probably couldn't resist it.

BTW.... Where's JR? I'd have thought he'd be on here by now doing a bit of Hun-denouncing. :devil:

frazeHFC
29-10-2010, 01:24 PM
Never knew he lived in Broxburn, go through there often, will look out for him, probably more at the pub than his house.

--------
29-10-2010, 01:26 PM
Never knew he lived in Broxburn, go through there often, will look out for him, probably more at the pub than his house.

Or face-down in the gutter halfway between.... :rolleyes:

Hibs Class
29-10-2010, 01:27 PM
NO.

Stokes was up in Falkirk for quite a while on his first spell with Hughes. He was with us a full year. So he really should have known better than to move to Broxburn.

But then, a house so conveniently situated to his need for booze and junk food....

Probably couldn't resist it.

BTW.... Where's JR? I'd have thought he'd be on here by now doing a bit of Hun-denouncing. :devil:

Maybe he and BITC are debating by private message and sparing the rest of us the usual pain :greengrin

BroxburnHibee
29-10-2010, 01:28 PM
A £400,000 house in Broxburn? Aye right!!!!

:hilarious

The thought did cross my mind - on the main street too? :confused:

--------
29-10-2010, 01:37 PM
Maybe he and BITC are debating by private message and sparing the rest of us the usual pain :greengrin

I though JR WAS "the usual pain"? :devil:

CmoantheHibs
29-10-2010, 04:32 PM
Why did he not just move to Harthill?Its conveniently situated right next to the M8 whixh makes getting back and forth to training very simple.:greengrin

Franck Stanton
29-10-2010, 04:39 PM
And whats wrong wi Broxburn likes :greengrin

Apart from obviously Stokes moving in :tee hee:

Do you want me to list the things wrong with the place alphabetically or just as they come to me? If I was homeless and the coonsil offered me a hoose in Broxburn I'd refuse and stay sleeping under a bush. Christ they have only just discovered electricity and indoor plumbing in Broxburn. And as for that joke o' a main street late on a Fri or Sat night - even the Gazza strip is quieter and safer - really is the original "MORONS R US" toon.

BroxburnHibee
29-10-2010, 04:45 PM
Do you want me to list the things wrong with the place alphabetically or just as they come to me? If I was homeless and the coonsil offered me a hoose in Broxburn I'd refuse and stay sleeping under a bush. Christ they have only just discovered electricity and indoor plumbing in Broxburn. And as for that joke o' a main street late on a Fri or Sat night - even the Gazza strip is quieter and safer - really is the original "MORONS R US" toon.

Is that some sort of stupid humour or is it just stupid. :confused:

Barney McGrew
29-10-2010, 04:53 PM
If I was homeless and the coonsil offered me a hoose in Broxburn I'd refuse and stay sleeping under a bush

I don't believe you

SquashedFrogg
29-10-2010, 05:02 PM

And I'm betting you've never been there. Or certainly not in the last 20 years. Very rarely any bother on a Fri/Sat night. Turning into a bit of a commuter town with lots of new developments.

May I ask where you are from? I'm guessing somewhere with no school education :rolleyes:

SquashedFrogg
29-10-2010, 05:03 PM
Is that some sort of stupid humour or is it just stupid. :confused:

Think he's getting muddled up with Uphall?

MrSmith
29-10-2010, 05:06 PM
Broxburn is an ok place. Have a fair few friends out there and have enjoyed many nights out.

Hibernia Na Eir
29-10-2010, 05:15 PM
this could only happen in this sad country :agree:

CropleyWasGod
29-10-2010, 05:28 PM
this could only happen in this sad country :agree:

... and in any other country where tribal elements are brought to bear.

Danderhall Hibs
29-10-2010, 05:32 PM

Nah Gazza's turned even more mental recently - his street will be really noisy and dangerous.

Fantic
29-10-2010, 07:13 PM

Totally agree mate.

Just out of interest - how long you been sleeping under a bush.

essexhibee
29-10-2010, 08:08 PM

Yeah tbf you have a very valid point there.

Bostonhibby
29-10-2010, 09:13 PM

"I won't be intimidated by people coming up to my house. If players have a few drinks they tend to do stupid things. No fans should have to expect it."

Fixed it for Anthony :wink:

Albion Hibs
29-10-2010, 10:19 PM
Not the best thread but I would have to be honest and say fair play to Stokes. He could have come out and hammered into various.

I have no issue with him going to celtic or his comments / view on matters. From what I understand he was a bit of a boozer, his choice, if he did do that whilst it might have been disrespectful to Hibs, he still turned up and scored more than plenty. Our best striker at the club, got us into europe and made us seven figures.

All in all a good return, what goes on in between is the clubs issue so long as it does not affect the results.

madabouthibs
29-10-2010, 11:18 PM
Broxburn isn't quite the Knuckledragger stronghold it used to be. Loads of people started flitting out here from the toon in the mid 90's, when silly money started changing hands for "studio flats" in Edinburgh tenements.

I'd say that we now have an equal share of East - West fitba tops on the kids here, and I can't remember the last time I saw a decent punch up on the Main Street. We even have our own Lidl and Semi-Chem. :greengrin

Pete
29-10-2010, 11:55 PM

Stokes is spot on though.

If he chooses to live somewhere, even Broxburn, he shouldn't feel intimidated by anyone and should be left alone. It's the idiots who are in the wrong, not Stokes and I hope he gets the protection from intimidation that any citizen deserves.

I'm sick of these old-firm fans acting like baying mobs. This culture of mass support for the two bigots will kill Scottish football. No matter where a person lives there is a fanatical mob ready to "get to" a player or ref they don't like for whatever reason they see fit.

Football in this country is a laughing stock to those from outside because of the two team thing. People like us who support our local team are the only ones keeping it real and it's about time these glory hunters got a harder time off people like us. It's become acceptable to just support them because they are winning or it fits in with some religious thing they have...and it's contributing bit-by-bit to the demise of our game.

In an ideal world all those who hassled stokes should be made to move out of their EH postcode if they care about Glasgow football that much. If you're bothered that much that you feel you have to do something like that then go and live in Glasgow.

RoxburghHibs
30-10-2010, 07:17 AM
Think he's getting muddled up with Uphall?

Hey leave Uphall out of this - it's a decent place to live! I should know having been in the area 10 years.

I must be thinking off Uphall Station :wink:

SquashedFrogg
30-10-2010, 07:28 AM
Hey leave Uphall out of this - it's a decent place to live! I should know having been in the area 10 years.

I can only think you are thinking off Uphall Station :wink:

Apologies, my mistake. I'm forgetting Uphall has 2 (yes 2!) Co-op stores. Now that's impressive. We only have 1 :boo hoo:

Although if you're bringing in Uphall Station to the debate I'd have to give Pumpherston a wee mention.

Now, that is a proper, modern day dump :agree:

BroxburnHibee
30-10-2010, 08:03 AM
Broxburn isn't quite the Knuckledragger stronghold it used to be. Loads of people started flitting out here from the toon in the mid 90's, when silly money started changing hands for "studio flats" in Edinburgh tenements.

I'd say that we now have an equal share of East - West fitba tops on the kids here, and I can't remember the last time I saw a decent punch up on the Main Street. We even have our own Lidl and Semi-Chem. :greengrin

And soon to have a Tesco's & Sainsbury's :woohoo:

Anyway back on topic - No player should have to put up with intimidation like that - hopefully the police will deal with them properly.

Andy74
30-10-2010, 08:04 AM
Got my Nat King for the first time in Broxburn. It has that going for it.

blackpoolhibs
30-10-2010, 08:10 AM
He's moving house soon it appears, he's fed up with the sectarian insults he gets every time he opens his front door. At the moment he's looking to relocate nearer to celtics training ground. He has his estate agent looking for new accommodation, they have recommended a lovely 4 bedroom villa in Larkhall.

Sprouleflyer
30-10-2010, 08:16 AM
Got my Nat King for the first time in Broxburn. It has that going for it.

And HIS name was......? :greengrin

BEEJ
30-10-2010, 08:38 AM

In the immortal words of John McLean from the movie Die Hard:

"Welcome to the party, pal!"

:greengrin

Andy74
30-10-2010, 08:51 AM
And HIS name was......? :greengrin

Oh that was a different first time.

Phil D. Rolls
30-10-2010, 08:57 AM

Is it true that the local council used to sponsor the local flute band? I've always found that a bit hard to believe.

--------
30-10-2010, 09:06 PM
He's moving house soon it appears, he's fed up with the sectarian insults he gets every time he opens his front door. At the moment he's looking to relocate nearer to celtics training ground. He has his estate agent looking for new accommodation, they have recommended a lovely 4 bedroom villa in Larkhall.

There's a lovely 4-bedroom villa in Larkhall? :no way:

He must be thinking of the polis station.

mikethehibee69
30-10-2010, 11:56 PM
Apologies, my mistake. I'm forgetting Uphall has 2 (yes 2!) Co-op stores. Now that's impressive. We only have 1 :boo hoo:

Although if you're bringing in Uphall Station to the debate I'd have to give Pumpherston a wee mention.

Now, that is a proper, modern day dump :agree:

Now if ur moving that way i have to mention Crazyhill or craigshill lol:wink:think i got it right first time lol:greengrin

monktonharp
31-10-2010, 12:21 AM
Broxburn is an ok place. Have a fair few friends out there and have enjoyed many nights out.:agree:Iworked there for a good few years,beside some guid lads from that toon and had some good nights at the snooker centre on greendykes road. also,Broxburn is attached to Uphall and Uphall Station,where quite a number of Hibs fans live(uphall supp,bus ran for years). not a good choice for a high profile footballer,I agree,but he is not deserving of any antisocial disorder at his front door, which is exaactly how you or me should expect.

Gala Foxes
31-10-2010, 12:32 AM
who cares about Stokes? - who would rather go out on the piss and miss training than take full advantage of the priveleged overpaid position he is luckily in.

No sympathy - overpaid waster, Celtic & him deserve each other

monktonharp
31-10-2010, 12:41 AM
Broxburn is an ok place. Have a fair few friends out there and have enjoyed many nights out.

who cares about Stokes? - who would rather go out on the piss and miss training than take full advantage of the priveleged overpaid position he is luckily in.

No sympathy - overpaid waster, Celtic & him deserve each otherno sympathy offered,but I do strongly defend any man's right to live in the comfort of their ain hoose without erseholes baying at the gate! surely you are the same?:confused:

Gala Foxes
31-10-2010, 12:45 AM
to be fair signing for Celtic and moving to Broxburn is possibly not the brightest property move.

His agent must be a pretty switched on guy