PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool to bid for Charlie Adam

SteveHFC
29-10-2010, 12:20 AM
http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/10/28/liverpool-boss-keen-on-move-for-9m-rated-blackpool-midfielder-charlie-adam/

Dashing Bob S
29-10-2010, 12:34 AM
http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/10/28/liverpool-boss-keen-on-move-for-9m-rated-blackpool-midfielder-charlie-adam/

A step down in footballing terms, but a step up in financial terms. Would be a big improvement in what Liverpool have in midfield right now.

LancsHibs
29-10-2010, 07:12 AM
A step down in footballing terms, but a step up in financial terms. Would be a big improvement in what Liverpool have in midfield right now.

Agree:agree: Don't see what he would have to gain moving to Jokepool for their relegation scrap apart from a few more $$, would be far better staying and carry on doing what he's doing at the Seasiders and he will get a big move!

essexhibee
29-10-2010, 07:17 AM
Doubt he will go just yet.

Hibby Kay-Yay
29-10-2010, 07:17 AM
Not Scotland class

yours

C Levein

LancsHibs
29-10-2010, 07:25 AM
Not Scotland class

yours

C Levein

Correct, no room for the likes of Adam or Fletcher or a certain Mr Riordan in our super dooper national team. Mr Levein is so lucky to have such a depth of talent at his disposal to overlook these players. Go Potter!!!:thumbsup:

Hibee Daz
29-10-2010, 08:56 AM
The bias on this thread against the most successful British club is laughable, one bad season plus a bad start to this one and folk honestly believe that Liverpool are going to be in a relegation dog fight, oh ma ****in sides.:faf:

However I do agree that harry Potter is a total erse.

Scouse Hibee
29-10-2010, 09:14 AM

:faf::faf::faf: You're having a laugh, Charlie Adam do me a favour!!

Hibee Daz
29-10-2010, 09:26 AM

You must be one of these fitba men that people talk about.:wink:

lyonhibs
29-10-2010, 09:28 AM

When you've got Lucas and Maxi Rodriguez starting most games, I fail to see where your mirth regarding possibly signing Charlie Adam is coming from.

Craig_in_Prague
29-10-2010, 09:29 AM
You must be one of these fitba men that people talk about.:wink:

maybe he's a big fan of Lucas; The Brazilian Brian Kerr.
And wouldn't want him losing his place.

Scouse Hibee
29-10-2010, 09:33 AM
maybe he's a big fan of Lucas; The Brazilian Brian Kerr.
And wouldn't want him losing his place.

Or maybe I know more than you!

Scouse Hibee
29-10-2010, 09:34 AM
When you've got Lucas and Maxi Rodriguez starting most games, I fail to see where your mirth regarding possibly signing Charlie Adam is coming from.

You may as well give up watching football then!

H18sry
29-10-2010, 09:40 AM
Liverpool fans view http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=34125.msg820562#msg820562 :wink:

LancsHibs
29-10-2010, 10:42 AM

Think it would be Charlie Adam doing the favour:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
29-10-2010, 11:39 AM
Adams is a decent premier division player now. He's improved no end since his move to Blackpool. Is he a top 4 player, I don't think so? Although thats not a problem for Liverpool to worry about anymore.

Onceinawhile
29-10-2010, 11:52 AM
If this is the level Liverpool are looking at, they clearly have no ambition.

Did anyone see Adam's assist for Nicola Zigic the other day??:taxi

superfurryhibby
29-10-2010, 12:29 PM
Charllie Adams looks a decent player with Blackpool and has adjusted well to the EPL. How muppets like Mc Culloch can be selected by Levein ahead of him for Scotland is a joke. I believe he would represent good value for money to Liverpool, compared to Joe Cole.

It's good to hear that Scottish players are able to make their mark in the so called best league in the world

cad
29-10-2010, 02:38 PM
This is Charlie Charlie show us yer teeth Charlie Adams
Adams and Gerrard possibly on the same team sheet makes me realise ,
that I know heehaw about football , Roy get tae .:bitchy:

_hucks_
29-10-2010, 02:46 PM
Step down in footballing terms? Come on now - this is Blackpools first top flight season since 1971. I'm no Liverpool fan, but just don't have the heavy anti-Liverpool prejudice shown on here. For what its worth, I do rate Adam higher than Lucas, who I don't think is much of a player at all.

johnrebus
29-10-2010, 02:58 PM
Oh dear.

It so easy to wind up these people who support the Red shi*te (as my Evertonian friend never tires of describing them)

Poor old Liverpool. They use to be a big club.

And now they're not.

:boo hoo:

Scouse Hibee
29-10-2010, 03:14 PM
Oh dear.

It so eady to wind up these people who support the Red shi*te (as my Evertonian friend never tires of describing them)

Poor old Liverpool. They use to be a big club.

And now they're not.

:boo hoo:

Ah yes the mystery of the Evertonian friend! I'd actually forgotten how many of my friends were Evertonians, strangely enough they all wanted to talk about football for a change just recently. No doubt they'll all now be waiting for the DVD to be released of victory in a league game!!!! "The Peoples Club" Indeed.

James70
29-10-2010, 03:56 PM
Is Charlie Adam not currently in the process of sueing Blackpool over an unpaid bonus for getting promotion, if he is successful he could even leave for free as his contract has been breached?

anon1
29-10-2010, 04:41 PM
Charlie Adam single-handedly dragged Blackpool up last season, he almost single-handedly beat Man City the other week too. The guy is a real, quality player. He'll be on many peoples' shortlists for player of the season that's for sure!!

He is Scotland's best player at the moment too, in my opinion.

Which is just a mark of how poor a manage Craig Levein is. I'm English, but I love to see the home nations doing well - Wales aside! Levein makes my blood boil!!

Hibernia Na Eir
29-10-2010, 04:44 PM
a jakey player moving to a jakey city

_hucks_
29-10-2010, 06:34 PM

Whats the need?

Scouse Hibee
31-10-2010, 06:48 PM
Hibernia Na Eir;[/B]2620206]a jakey player moving to a jakey city

Posted by a Jakey how appropriate.

And the reds move on up, who mentioned Adam over Maxi???

blackpoolhibs
31-10-2010, 07:23 PM
Posted by a Jakey how appropriate.

And the reds move on up, who mentioned Adam over Maxi???

I think Charlie would improve that side. Although i do have to say thats not too difficult, its the worst Liverpool side i have seen in my lifetime.

darwenhibby
31-10-2010, 07:46 PM
Is Charlie Adam not currently in the process of sueing Blackpool over an unpaid bonus for getting promotion, if he is successful he could even leave for free as his contract has been breached?

They all got their bonuses OK, don't worry about that.

It was frightening what some of them got,from senior players down to some of the youngsters in the squad.

blackpoolhibs
31-10-2010, 07:49 PM
They all got their bonuses OK, don't worry about that.

It was frightening what some of them got,from senior players down to some of the youngsters in the squad.

The bonus problems were sorted out months ago. :agree: Duane tell us the watch story, it was funny. :greengrin

darwenhibby
31-10-2010, 08:08 PM
The bonus problems were sorted out months ago. :agree: Duane tell us the watch story, it was funny. :greengrin

Charlie Adam arranges for some guy to come in with offers of top quality Rolex watches.
All the players have just received their promotion bonus money.

Charlie Adam buys two Rolex at £14k each and the others are buying them up too except Brett Ormerod.

Adam queries Brett why he is not interested.
Brett is known as being a little more catious with his money sahll we say.

Brett askes Charlie Adam " What time is it on your new watch?"
"Its 10'Oclock why?" says Adam

"Its 10 O'clock on my watch too!!" says Brett, "Why do I need to spend £28K, to find the time out"

Charlie Adam gobsmacked other players rolling around the dressing room floor helpless.:wink:

Hiber-nation
31-10-2010, 08:09 PM

Thanks for that very worthwhile insight :rolleyes: