PDA

View Full Version : Beers players going for rivals4Charity

Mister P
17-10-2010, 07:24 PM
Trials start this friday

Dalkeith Astro, auld stuff so wear the right footwear

be ready to start at 7:15 (finish for 8:45)

cost is £5 each.

this is an opportunity to play for HIBS against HEARTS at Tynecastle.

we Teo did it last year and Im sure he'll agree it's well worth the effort.

GB6
17-10-2010, 08:01 PM
we Teo did it last year and Im sure he'll agree it's well worth the effort.

BULL!!!! it wasn't on last year :greengrin

MacBean
18-10-2010, 08:43 AM
I did it in the first year and it was brilliant. although i was only 16/17 at the time it was a brilliant experience. Not sure ive got the ability i had 5 years ago mind you!! i was certainly a hell of a lot fitter back then!

'mon the beers
23-10-2010, 04:31 PM
Friday night was decent enough lads, think a few of our boys can make the squad as the boys there weren't any better than us! :thumbsup:

Pretty bent 1st post but had to start somewhere...

Fraser

sambajustice
26-10-2010, 09:51 AM
My brother played in this twice, the last two times it was on infact but he's not going for it this time. He says its a lot of money to be spending plus he doesnt have the time. Anyway, he said that a lot of the "established" players turn up half way through the trials and obviously end up getting picked for the squad while a lot of the guys who were there at the start and been paying their dosh every week get bumped.

I think its a different guy taking the team this time too but not sure.

Mister P
26-10-2010, 11:27 AM
whos ur brother?

sambajustice
03-11-2010, 03:33 PM
whos ur brother?

Danny Burns.

I was maybe embellishing what he said a little, it was just my take on what he was saying. I know that he doesnt really have the time for it this year and thats the main reason he isnt going, not money.

Eventhough a lot of the money is going to charity, there's is still a lot of wee extras to pay for. I think its a bit crap if you do go along and spend the £5 per training session or whatever it is just to be bumped out by guys who turned up halfway through.

Judas Iscariot
03-11-2010, 04:13 PM
Danny Burns.

I was maybe embellishing what he said a little, it was just my take on what he was saying. I know that he doesnt really have the time for it this year and thats the main reason he isnt going, not money.

Eventhough a lot of the money is going to charity, there's is still a lot of wee extras to pay for. I think its a bit crap if you do go along and spend the £5 per training session or whatever it is just to be bumped out by guys who turned up halfway through.

I thought it was you Mikey :wink:

Your bro is pretty much spot on but this year it's a whole new management and coaching team so who knows...

Still a lot of cash, especially if your already playing 3-4 times a week plus a game at the weekend..

I can't really justify that kinda cash this year right before Xmas so I think I'm out, I know a few of the Beers guys are in the same boat too..

MacBean
04-11-2010, 08:03 AM
As fenton says above its the money that can prove an issue if your already playing a few times a week thats £15-£20 in fees alone then you have charity payments, travel, etc to consider. The Friday training nights are a big problem for me. The bird lives in Aberdeen so I head up or she comes down every weekend.

'mon the beers
04-11-2010, 11:48 AM
Think I'm sacking this as well lads. Training Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday plus 5's on a Thursday and 2 games at the weekend is far too much!!!!!

Nando™
04-11-2010, 01:53 PM
As fenton says above its the money that can prove an issue if your already playing a few times a week thats £15-£20 in fees alone then you have charity payments, travel, etc to consider. The Friday training nights are a big problem for me. The bird lives in Aberdeen so I head up or she comes down every weekend.
Or both :agree:

Moncs
10-11-2010, 11:00 AM
I know your concerns about the money guys and I know a few people have mentioned this to me.

Sadly as you can appreicate the centres were we get the training pitches from dont give us them for nothing (despite asking :greengrin ) so sadly until then the coaches need to cover their costs

Mister P
10-11-2010, 04:48 PM
mind its completely differently different coaches etc as well.

LALthehibeeGAL
12-11-2010, 09:40 PM
Danny Burns.

I had heard that too my 16 year old was chuffed to bits to go along and still is - never missed training and we stay in W Lothian - been to Tranent, Dalkeith, everywhere - even turned up in torential rain doing break neck speed to get there only for it to be called off - don't get me wrong that is not to be helped and they had no idea until they turned up also - he always pays £5 at least once a week and twice in the one week - I will be a bit annoyed if he does not feature only to favour the regulars who let everyone else pay the money then turn up later on. If he is not good enough fair enough although from what I saw he can well hold his own amongst them and being younger is probably faster. bearing in mind he also trains twice a week with his own club and pays £5 a week for that. Obviously the chance to play in a hibs strip lures the young ones - but I really do hope he is not dumped for the ones who decide to strut along a month before the big game!!!

cheers
Lal

Judas Iscariot
15-11-2010, 10:47 AM
I had heard that too my 16 year old was chuffed to bits to go along and still is - never missed training and we stay in W Lothian - been to Tranent, Dalkeith, everywhere - even turned up in torential rain doing break neck speed to get there only for it to be called off - don't get me wrong that is not to be helped and they had no idea until they turned up also - he always pays £5 at least once a week and twice in the one week - I will be a bit annoyed if he does not feature only to favour the regulars who let everyone else pay the money then turn up later on. If he is not good enough fair enough although from what I saw he can well hold his own amongst them and being younger is probably faster. bearing in mind he also trains twice a week with his own club and pays £5 a week for that. Obviously the chance to play in a hibs strip lures the young ones - but I really do hope he is not dumped for the ones who decide to strut along a month before the big game!!!

cheers
Lal

Have you not seen this ... http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?197404-FAO-All-football-playing-Hibees...

Your lad could be playing in a Hibs strip every week if he fancied it :agree:

He'll not be bumped out at short notice with us :agree:

sambajustice
24-11-2010, 06:35 PM
you guys still on the hunt for players?

Judas Iscariot
24-11-2010, 08:56 PM
you guys still on the hunt for players?

:agree:

ALWAYS looking for good, new players mate..

Yourself or someone you know mate?

sambajustice
25-11-2010, 08:54 AM
:agree:

ALWAYS looking for good, new players mate..

Yourself or someone you know mate?

Well my sunday team is on the verge of caving in. So its possible I could be looking for a game in the near future! Although I dont drive so getting to places in town could be difficult! Just kind of weighing up options just now! The first option being, "play or not play" on a sunday!

Judas Iscariot
25-11-2010, 10:12 AM
Well my sunday team is on the verge of caving in. So its possible I could be looking for a game in the near future! Although I dont drive so getting to places in town could be difficult! Just kind of weighing up options just now! The first option being, "play or not play" on a sunday!

Who you playing for just now and where dyou live!? In the Ferry?!?

We've got guys that live in Bathgate, Dunfermline, South Gyle, Town, Leith, Ferniside etc so always a fair few spots to get a lift from..

sambajustice
26-11-2010, 01:51 PM
I play occasionally on a sunday morning. However most of our better players left and not been replaced. Got no desire to get up on a sunday morning just to get pumped because other guys wont try.

They've had 14 bodies the last few weeks anyway and i've not played since the end of October for them. The rule is basically the first 14 to reply to the e-mail get in, if you reply after that you wont get in.

Like I say I have no desire to get up early doors on a sunday just to get pumped. I'm used to winning games and challenging for that league, this season we've lost 9 from 9 and conceded about 60 goals, not my idea of a good game of football.

Yeah, I still stay in South Queensferry!

Judas Iscariot
26-11-2010, 08:09 PM
I play occasionally on a sunday morning. However most of our better players left and not been replaced. Got no desire to get up on a sunday morning just to get pumped because other guys wont try.

They've had 14 bodies the last few weeks anyway and i've not played since the end of October for them. The rule is basically the first 14 to reply to the e-mail get in, if you reply after that you wont get in.

Like I say I have no desire to get up early doors on a sunday just to get pumped. I'm used to winning games and challenging for that league, this season we've lost 9 from 9 and conceded about 60 goals, not my idea of a good game of football.

Yeah, I still stay in South Queensferry!

Aye Ali said today you were still playing Sunday mornings, Meadowbank is it?!

Get yourself along to us mate, defo a better standard and good bunch of lads :wink: