PDA

View Full Version : Where is Hogg?

Matty_Jack04
14-10-2010, 05:29 PM
Ive just watched itv's sports news where Alister stevenson's press confrence was on, but what is bothering me is why is the player sitting beside him Mark Brown? Where is our captain? A time where the manager has left should hoggy not be standing telling people how the mood is with the players and not a guy who has played a handfull of games for the club?

hibee bouncer
14-10-2010, 05:57 PM
Saturdays captain maybe under a new regime?

Mikey
14-10-2010, 05:58 PM
Good to see we've still got plenty to moan about :thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
14-10-2010, 05:59 PM
Ive just watched itv's sports news where Alister stevenson's press confrence was on, but what is bothering me is why is the player sitting beside him Mark Brown? Where is our captain? A time where the manager has left should hoggy not be standing telling people how the mood is with the players and not a guy who has played a handfull of games for the club?

I was more bothered about the shape of Browns head, and how his ears made me think of Dr Spock that much, i never took in anything he said.

Martin
14-10-2010, 06:06 PM
Probably because he previously played for Kilmarnock.......

Iain G
14-10-2010, 06:13 PM
I was more bothered about the shape of Browns head, and how his ears made me think of Dr Spock that much, i never took in anything he said.

What, the famous American child psychologist? :greengrin *insert pedantic smilie here*

Matty_Jack04
14-10-2010, 06:14 PM
its was a valid question mikey, we have no manager and by the looks of things the club captain is AWOL everyone except hogg has faced the media this year even hanlon got thrust infront of the camera's defending yogi, where is he?

Viva_Palmeiras
14-10-2010, 06:22 PM
What, the famous American child psychologist? :greengrin *insert pedantic smilie here*

Must have been Spock of startrek was a mister was he not ? ;)

MyJo
14-10-2010, 07:03 PM
Must have been Spock of startrek was a mister was he not ? ;)

Spock was the star trek characters first name :wink: :nerd:

Gatecrasher
14-10-2010, 07:09 PM
"We are grateful too for the Club captain and vice captains stepping forward to ensure that first team matters will tick over properly at the Training Centre.http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20101004/agm_2262950_2174942

Hoggy and co already doing their job?

seems like it to me :agree:

sahib
14-10-2010, 08:29 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20101004/agm_2262950_2174942

Hoggy and co already doing their job?

seems like it to me :agree:

In view of our captain and vice captain's good work, why don't we do away with managers all together? Why not allow the first team squad to run the team as a workers collective? Each position could be decided by a show of hands on a weekly basis. The weak links could be voted out of the squad and promising young players elected. A steering commitee of ex hibbees, of standing in the game, along with elected supporters' representatives could be called upon to adjudicate and hold the team accountable for performance. At the end of the season a secret ballot would be held to agree who was to leave and identify suggestions for possible signings.

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-10-2010, 08:40 PM

I was thinking something the same. Usually when things go tits up at a club and there are temporary " managers" in charge, there is usually a role for the senior players at the club to play, even it is only to be the public face of the squad. Got me wondering who our senior players would be. Murray or Hogg?

Albion Hibs
14-10-2010, 08:45 PM
I was thinking something the same. Usually when things go tits up at a club and there are temporary " managers" in charge, there is usually a role for the senior players at the club to play, even it is only to be the public face of the squad. Got me wondering who our senior players would be. Murray or Hogg?

I think it would def be Murray and Hogg. Whilst both have been out of the picture for a while, they are for different reasons. But I think there is perhaps a bit too much reading into it. Perhaps he was one of the only players available, perhaps the managers in charge at this time did not want the focus of the interview to be taken off the management, perhaps they wanted to ensure that some silly journo did not make out the players were also involved in managing.

Not reading anything into this personally.

Diclonius
14-10-2010, 08:50 PM
I expect Kevin McBride to be appointed captain of Hibs soon enough.

Albion Hibs
14-10-2010, 08:52 PM

I dont know what the current managements view is of Hogg, but I would certainly expect that Murray will be bac in the team as soon as back to fitness and on that basis take the role of captain.

Thereafter I think it will be down to the manager.

cocopops1875
14-10-2010, 09:17 PM
In view of our captain and vice captain's good work, why don't we do away with managers all together? Why not allow the first team squad to run the team as a workers collective? Each position could be decided by a show of hands on a weekly basis. The weak links could be voted out of the squad and promising young players elected. A steering commitee of ex hibbees, of standing in the game, along with elected supporters' representatives could be called upon to adjudicate and hold the team accountable for performance. At the end of the season a secret ballot would be held to agree who was to leave and identify suggestions for possible signings.

FFFFRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM:gr eengrin

Hibby D
14-10-2010, 11:54 PM
its was a valid question mikey, we have no manager and by the looks of things the club captain is AWOL everyone except hogg has faced the media this year even hanlon got thrust infront of the camera's defending yogi, where is he?

That's a huge leap to make? :confused:

If there's one thing Hogg is reknowned for it's his professionalism. I can't think of anything he's least likely to do than go AWOL!

500miles
15-10-2010, 12:04 AM

Kevin McBride may not feature as much with the new manager. He was a "Yogi" player if there ever was such a thing. In fact, I have a sneaking suspicion McBride will be out of the door in the summer, and his next stop will be with Yogi at his next club - especially if it's a Scottish club.

blackpoolhibs
15-10-2010, 03:38 PM
That's a huge leap to make? :confused:

If there's one thing Hogg is reknowned for it's his professionalism. I can't think of anything he's least likely to do than go AWOL!

Disagree D, he's been AWOL many times imho at the heart of that defence in the last few seasons. :boo hoo:

ScottB
15-10-2010, 04:02 PM
Is Hogg even club captain anymore? Yogi dropped him and the next manager may wish to pick someone else.

Secondly, assuming he is still sitting in the stands on Saturday, better to send along a player (Brown) who will actually be playing against Kilmarnock?

heretoday
15-10-2010, 10:38 PM

And nothing for the Boo Boys to boo because we'd all be, as it were, responsible. Brilliant. It's crazy but it just might work.

IFONLY
16-10-2010, 09:54 AM

Probably because he is a two faced **** who couldnt wait for Hughes to leave.

Judas Iscariot
16-10-2010, 09:59 AM
Probably because he is a two faced **** who couldnt wait for Hughes to leave.

Care to expand...

Expecting Rain
16-10-2010, 10:26 AM
I hope Hogg isn`t going to sneak back into the team and i hope McBride is not given the captaincy, lucky to get a game in my opinion.

Future17
16-10-2010, 03:02 PM
I hope Hogg isn`t going to sneak back into the team and i hope McBride is not given the captaincy, lucky to get a game in my opinion.

In answer to the thread title - I've found him. :greengrin

lyonhibs
16-10-2010, 03:11 PM
Goalscoring Dynamo these days apparently.

Matty_Jack04
16-10-2010, 03:11 PM
well welcome back hoggy ............ :cool2:

shows what i know about fitbaw!

--------
16-10-2010, 04:01 PM

Just as well they didn't play him today, churchy - might have lost that one....

:wink: