on official site, gone by mutual consent

PaulSmith
04-10-2010, 08:02 AM
43 views and not one reply!!

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20101004/john-hughes_2262950_2173997

sambajustice
04-10-2010, 08:04 AM
on official site, gone by mutual consent

Had to happen. I slated him a lot basically because he was crap but always a pity when folk lose their jobs. Saying that, they wouldnt lose their jobs if they were any good at them. Also it would have been his dream job, its obviously been too big for him!

Sergey
04-10-2010, 08:05 AM
Correct decision.

Should have been sacked after the 6-6 match.

Hibstrooper
04-10-2010, 08:05 AM
For the best however my initial reaction is still a little shock with a touch of sadness it didn't work out

cabbageandribs1875
04-10-2010, 08:06 AM
had to happen and i for one am quite happy, but now he's gone hopefully people on here dont start the yammish name calling/personal insults which happens when any of our last 3 managers have 'left'

Hibby Kay-Yay
04-10-2010, 08:07 AM
For the best however my initial reaction is still a little shock with a touch of sadness it didn't work out

:agree: now ask the guy beside you the question :wink:

H18sry
04-10-2010, 08:08 AM
:thumbsup:

easty
04-10-2010, 08:08 AM
Probably had to be done but we need the right man to come in now, and for me that isnt Jimmy Calderwood!!!

greenlex
04-10-2010, 08:09 AM
Unfortunate but inevitable.
Onwards and upwards

Magnifique
Thats a good boy Rodney, you know it makes sense

Now get on the blower to Tony

The_Todd
Now that it's happened I'd like to thank Yogi for his efforts. There's no doubting his passion and enthusiasm. Yogi clearly cared for the club and I'd like to think he'd be welcomed back to ER as a supporter.

Cheerio yogi, and thank you for your efforts.

scottish_sleepy
04-10-2010, 08:10 AM
43 views and not one reply!!

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20101004/john-hughes_2262950_2173997
Always a shame when a manager loses his job, however it was obvious things were not working out.
The players need to take a good look at themselves as well.
The next manager needs to be someone who won't take any of the players crap and tries to breed a winning mentality.
If any of the players don't like it then get rid of them.

Thanks for the good times as a player john, just a shame it never worked out as the manager.

Westie1875
04-10-2010, 08:11 AM
Wow, it had to happen but i really didn't think the board were going to act. So, who next?

Barney McGrew
04-10-2010, 08:11 AM
I'm sorry that it didn't work out for Yogi, you could see he has the passion for the club.

It is however the right decision.

Sherlock Jones
04-10-2010, 08:12 AM
Now that it's happened I'd like to thank Yogi for his efforts. There's no doubting his passion and enthusiasm. Yogi clearly cared for the club and I'd like to think he'd be welcomed back to ER as a supporter.

:agree: My sentiments exactly. All the best John. Cheers.

easty
Could have been so different for him...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jan/05/owen-coyle-bolton-john-hughes

may struggle to get a decent job now, hope not though.

Calvin
Correct decision and good timing. Hughes can't say he wasn't at least given a chance when results started to go bad, but it's clear that his position had become untenable and with the international break ahead it was the right time to act.

SidBurns
04-10-2010, 08:13 AM
Had to happen sometime!

Who we gonna get in then!?!?!?!

Managers out of work that we could 'realistically' get plus others:-

* Kevin Blackwell
* Jimmy Calderwood
* Gary Bollan
* Martin Allen
* Chris Coleman
* Iain Dowie
* Alan Shearer
* Jim Gannon
* Paul Hart
* Glenn Roeder
* Stuart McCall

Any of these tickle anyone's fancy!?!

CB_NO3
04-10-2010, 08:14 AM
Ill

Wilson
04-10-2010, 08:15 AM
I was pleased with the appointment of Hughes and wanted so much for him to do well.

I had put his poor patch with Falkirk down to the loss of Latapy and felt that his eye for a player, and the fact that his Falkirk side were often difficult to beat and attractive to watch in spells, would serve him well at Hibs.

I have felt for a while that his removal was inevitable but my heart still sank when I read the news on the official site. Strange. Despite all the poor results it was never about hating the big man or wanting him to fail - it was always about wanting the best for hibs.

A big decision has been made by the board (and Yogi if we can believe the term mutual). I applaud all parties for that. As far as I am concerned it is the right time.

I wish Yogi all the best in getting his managerial career back on track.

Good luck to the board in appointing the right man to take us forward.

Teo10
Sorry it didn't wotk out.

Thanks for your efforts Yogi and all the best!

Gatecrasher
Wow, to be expected though

Thanks for the effort yogi but not good enough at the end of the day

khib70
04-10-2010, 08:16 AM
Absolutely the correct decision, albeit a bit late in the day.

Yogi never had the ability to manage this club, and we would never have progressed under him.

On a personal level, I wish a fellow Hibee all the best for the future

MussiHibee
04-10-2010, 08:17 AM
Most Likely Be Micheal O'Neill

Fits in with ex player routine....hardly inspiring.

weonlywon6-2
04-10-2010, 08:18 AM

:top marks

couldnt agree more

Heckys Wheel
04-10-2010, 08:19 AM
Very sad.

Please Hibs, no more ex-players. I'm running out of idols.

Spike Mandela
Good luck in the future Yogi.:agree:

NEXT!!!!!

H18sry
Had to happen sometime!

* Kevin Blackwell
* Jimmy Calderwood
* Gary Bollan
* Martin Allen
* Chris Coleman
* Iain Dowie
* Alan Shearer
* Jim Gannon
* Paul Hart
* Glenn Roeder
* Stuart McCall

Pat Fenlon :cool2:

Green forever
04-10-2010, 08:20 AM
Very sad.

Please Hibs, no more ex-players. I'm running out of idols.

From a "realistic" point of view, Derek McInnes for me.

Andy74
04-10-2010, 08:21 AM
Ah well, here we go again!

I feel for him on a personal basis, never like to have people listen to their own fans shouting for them to GTF.

Now, let's see where we go from here, most of the names not really inspiring!

Hibstrooper
:agree: now ask the guy beside you the question :wink:

Day off today (me not him). I'll get the lowdown when he's back in the office on Thursday. I'd still want someone with a bit more experience

Ell_Chrisso
Still strongly feel its alot later than should of been.

Where are all the loyals who slated my post saying he should go after the Maribor game? A "joke, ridiculous, blaaaa blaaa blaa". Told you id be right. :bye:

This was in my opinion the only point where the board were or weren't going to do it. You either give yourself the oppurtunity to look for a coach during a 2 week international break, or you keep in charge a clueless manager, thats showing no reason or intentions that he can turn things around.

I personally think no manager is going to turn it around entirely, but they may be able to start getting the best out of what we have got. Something we havent had for a longgggggg time.

Groathillgrump
04-10-2010, 08:22 AM
Thought it would happen today ahead of tonight's AGM. It would've been a bloodbath!

Steve-O
04-10-2010, 08:22 AM
I always feel sorry for whoever it is when it actually happens, but jeezus, we were going nowhere and whatever has happened behind the scenes was clearly too broken to be fixed...

Bring on the 'honeymoon' period of the new manager...first game, defeating the YAMS! :agree:

Heckys Wheel
04-10-2010, 08:23 AM

I feel for him on a personal basis, never like to have people listen to their own fans shouting for them to GTF.

Agreed. Always think the guys that were doing the name calling (moron, buffoon etc etc) should be ashamed of themselves.

Mixu took the same abuse. Hibs men through and through that just weren't up to it at the end of the day.

Phil MaGlass
04-10-2010, 08:23 AM
Just got into the office, (its ma birthday) bottle of 18 yr old whisky om my desk and just heard Yogi left. Happy days.
Its a pity he wasnt the man for the job it would have been good to play the Dutch way, but the results spoke for themselves.
Sorry it didnt work out, who knows mibbe in 20 yrs or so he will be back more wiser and experienced and less inclined to saying things to the press.
Who to replace him ???

SlickShoes
04-10-2010, 08:24 AM
I agree he had to go since our poor form started in February he has had a long time to turn that around and was not able to do so, with such a massive run of poor form it was bringing us very close to relegation so something needed to be done before it dragged on like a duffy situation.

The only problem for me, who do we replace him with?

We NEED someone with experience, another ex-player with ambition and no experience at SPL level will be a bad move probably but i cant see how we can attract higher profile managers with some sort of decent record behind them.

At this time i would like to see hibs winning games, great to watch football is a bonus, i just want us to be hard to beat for once.

Thanks Yogi, sad to see someone lose there job but it was inevitable, all the best in the future!

flash
04-10-2010, 08:24 AM
Chalk another one up to that shower of tossers in the dressing room.

bawheid
04-10-2010, 08:25 AM
Where are all the loyals who slated my post saying he should go after the Maribor game? A "joke, ridiculous, blaaaa blaaa blaa". Told you id be right. :bye:

:hilarious

Oh dear. Well done you.

I'll be interested in where we go next. If it's Calderwood, Fenlon, Gannon or anyone like that we'll be back here in 18 months.

Good luck John.

bawheid
04-10-2010, 08:26 AM

Yep, they've got rid of another one. Let's hope they kinda like the next guy or it won't be long until the toys are oot the pram and the message boards are rife with "lost the dressing room" nonsense. Again.

Pretty Boy
04-10-2010, 08:26 AM
Sad that it didn't work out but 100% the correct decision to have him 'mutually consented'. We have been on a downward spiral since February and it's getting worse not better.

The timing could be good as well given it's the international break. Hopefully get someone is quickly and give them time to work with the players in preparation for the next game.

All the best Yogi, i'm sure you gave it your best shot but it just wasn't to be.

cabbageandribs1875
04-10-2010, 08:28 AM

recently signed an extension till 2013 and i imagine would cost in the region of 200K, maybe not so realistic

Stevie Reid
04-10-2010, 08:28 AM

My sentiments exactly.

Heckys Wheel
04-10-2010, 08:30 AM

Congratulations mate. You must be delighted. :agree:

:bye:

HFC 0-7
04-10-2010, 08:31 AM

:agree:

None of the managers quoted so far really inspire me either, IMO, they have no more or less experience, or achievements to say they are better than Yogi. In saying that I think any manager coming in just now will give Hibs a lift it will be towards the end of the season that the 'new manager' effect will have weared off and we will see what we have.

I hope the board dont rush it, I would be happy to see a temporary manager in until they have pursued all avenues and reviewed every candidate. In saying that they may have already been doing this for a while.

Gutted for Yogi as I liked him as a player and person, but it just wasnt to be for him. The only way I can even remotely feel how Yogi must feel, is to think how bad it is to know that you have failed at your dream job, managing the team you have supported all your life.

All the best Yogi, sorry it never worked out for you. Think you moved up a level far too early, but hope you find a new job soon!

Andy74
04-10-2010, 08:33 AM

This was in my opinion the only point where the board were or weren't going to do it. You either give yourself the oppurtunity to look for a coach during a 2 week international break, or you keep in charge a clueless manager, thats showing no reason or intentions that he can turn things around.

I personally think no manager is going to turn it around entirely, but they may be able to start getting the best out of what we have got. Something we havent had for a longgggggg time.

It's turned out that way but it didn't have to and it was right that he was given the time.

I felt there were a lot of reasons for the end of last year and with the previous seven months of good results he had to be given the opportunity to turn it around.

Until Saturday I didn't actually believe he would be under this amount of pressure but having talked about bad luck, and that the players had been showing him they were up for it the performance was shocking, and not to make subs was criminal.

RickyS
04-10-2010, 08:34 AM

he seems the best option if we keep shopping in Scotland.

WhileTheChief..
04-10-2010, 08:35 AM
I have felt for a while that his removal was inevitable but my heart still sank when I read the news on the official site. Strange. Despite all the poor results it was never about hating the big man or wanting him to fail - it was always about wanting the best for hibs.

A big decision has been made by the board (and Yogi if we can believe the term mutual). I applaud all parties for that. As far as I am concerned it is the right time.

I wish Yogi all the best in getting his managerial career back on track.

Good luck to the board in appointing the right man to take us forward.[/QUOTE]

PaulSmith
04-10-2010, 08:35 AM
As a former captain, and as a fan, he (Hughes) recognises that a fresh face and a new approach is the best option for the Club at this time.
"We thank him for all of his hard work, and for his honesty and passion for the Club."

From Petrie.

GORDONSMITH7
04-10-2010, 08:36 AM
My general nausea and dry boak caused by speeches by Fatty Pickles and other assorted Toryboys at their conference have temporarily been relieved with this news.

The guy was absolutely ****in rank. Wonder how much his pay off for being totally inept was?

BIG G

Hiber-nation
04-10-2010, 08:37 AM
Right decision but something stinks big time about Hibernian FC and has done for over 3 years now.

aberhibsfc
04-10-2010, 08:38 AM
Whilst disappointed, I wanted him to do well, unfortunately as the weeks went by it was becoming more apparent that this was not just a blip or 'luck'.

Best for both parties, I wish him well. I just hope the board don't opt for the quick, easy and cheap option. We need to see what interest this post generates, it can be surprising what names come out of the woodwork. The academy, stadium and infrastructure will entice some, although the board may need to show a bit ambition regards signing policies.

I would like to see fewer players coming in, but of a higher quality supported by the best of existing squad and the promising youngsters.

Cabbage East
04-10-2010, 08:39 AM
The next appointment is going to be a huge one for the board, they have to get this right.

SouthMoroccoStu
04-10-2010, 08:40 AM
Unfortunate but inevitable.
Onwards and upwards

:boo hoo: but :agree:

Phil MaGlass
04-10-2010, 08:40 AM
Even though he was not the man.I thank him for getting us into Europe,and for taking them on tour to Holland, saved me a fortune.:greengrin

lucky
04-10-2010, 08:41 AM
I wish him all the best but it was the correct decision

RIP
04-10-2010, 08:43 AM
3 Hibs managers, all Hibs Heroes, none lasting much more than a season managing the club they love.

The Hibs job is an appealing one you would think but I wonder how much longer we are going to keep recruiting and sacking managers before we becoming willing to investigate whether there vare other, more deep rooted problems behind the scenes at Easter Road

Lack of fitness, of midfield steel and players not playing for the manager have been there since the Mowbray days. He worked overtime with the board on inspiration and motivation. Collins worked on motivation and fitness. Mixu and Hughes tried to install a work ethic and self-belief

What is it about the culture at Hibs that is so fundamentally wrong that incoming managers each have to constantly battle against it to install the right mentality?

Who is untimately accountable? The Chairman, the board or the "manager of the month/patsy"? Were these three managers all hopeless or were there factors at Easter Road which made the job much harder than it should have been?

NOLA
04-10-2010, 08:43 AM
His record said he had to go, however sad that another ex-player with the club at heart has found the job too much to handle.

Riordans Boots
04-10-2010, 08:44 AM

That's exactly how I feel :agree:

All the Best Yogi :aok:

Sylar
04-10-2010, 08:45 AM
Had to happen sometime!

* Kevin Blackwell
* Jimmy Calderwood
* Gary Bollan
* Martin Allen
* Chris Coleman
* Iain Dowie
* Alan Shearer
* Jim Gannon
* Paul Hart
* Glenn Roeder
* Stuart McCall

Did I miss something?!?

MrSmith
04-10-2010, 08:45 AM

Ditto!

George Clooney
04-10-2010, 08:46 AM
Yams are gutted he's gone - That's as true an indicator that this is the correct decision as any.

Beefster
04-10-2010, 08:48 AM
I feel relief more that anything else.

Whoever takes over has my full support to clear the dead wood, charlatans and anyone else causing problems at the football club. Now that one problem has been dealt with, it's time to deal with all other problems in the squad - irrespective of the opinions of the support.

johnrebus
04-10-2010, 08:49 AM
He had to go, but still feel for the guy. Some of the personal abuse directed at him was scandalous at times.

He will get another job no problem - 1st Division is probably his true level.

Got to get it right this time Rod...........,

:cool2:

SidBurns
04-10-2010, 08:49 AM
Did I miss something?!?

What!?! Got Livi' up in his first season and sitting joint top in Division 2 now... More achievements than that of Yogi unless you know otherwise!?!

Phil MaGlass
04-10-2010, 08:50 AM
I now look forward to climbimg the league again and breezing past the yams in the coming weeks.
Martian O,Neill for me, if he will take a drop inj wages and is available, why would we be looking for another Scottish manager?

PaulSmith
04-10-2010, 08:51 AM
What!?! Got Livi' up in his first season and sitting joint top in Division 2 now... More achievements than that of Yogi unless you know otherwise!?!

On a par with getting Spartans into the next round of the Scottish cup. Deary me, Gary Bollan.:confused:

SidBurns
I now look forward to climbimg the league again and breezing past the yams in the coming weeks.
Martian O,Neill for me, if he will take a drop inj wages and is available, why would we be looking for another Scottish manager?

HAHA No chance!

Barney McGrew
Now that one problem has been dealt with, it's time to deal with all other problems in the squad - irrespective of the opinions of the support.

Aye, I hope the new man comes in and rattles some cages in that dressing room big style. Yogi may not have been the man for the job, but there are some players who need to look at what they bring to the table as well - the answer for some of them right now is not a lot.

With the majority of the squad out of contract in the summer, they need to either ship up or ship out. At least it will give whoever comes in a real chance to shape the squad exactly how they want to.

Heckys Wheel
04-10-2010, 08:52 AM
My general nausea and and dry boak caused by speeches by Fatty Pickles and other assorted Toryboys at their conference have temporarily been relieved with this news.

The guy was absolutely ****in rank. Wonder how much his pay off for being totally inept was?

BIG G

Can we not let the man leave with a bit of dignity?

Landed his dream job of managing the club he loves. It didn't work out but it wasn't for lack of effort.

Sad but time to move on.

blackpoolhibs
04-10-2010, 08:52 AM
I'm glad its over too, all the negativity around the club was not helping anyone.

steakbake
04-10-2010, 08:53 AM
Sad day, but I'm glad he and we have been put out of our misery.

I'd say the next managerial appointment at Hibs is probably the most important for years. No pressure, Petrie.

BT58
04-10-2010, 08:53 AM
once again one of the better ex hibs players couldnt hack it as boss
weve tried STANTON,COLLINS,LE GOD, MIXU AND NOW YOGI to name but a few
when will this board learn ?????
ex players are meant to be treasured,as idols to some ,heroes to others
will remember the good times as a player YOGI
unfortunately as boss not,,,your time was up months ago
GOOD LUCK to you in the future

CabbageFan
04-10-2010, 08:54 AM
I didnt think this wuold happen today but happy that it has. All the best to Yogi, cannot fault his enthusiasm for the club and wished it had worked out better for him, would love to have seen him a success with Hibs!!

Craig_in_Prague
04-10-2010, 08:54 AM
Rigth decision, this calendar year has been woeful.

But it's sad it didn't turn out well, he did achieve a European slot and signed some decent players.
He was a bit unlucky with injuries to Zemamma, Duffy etc as well.
Too many drubbings against bottom 6 teams though were depressing... his cup record and derby records, just not good enough.
The players are not blameless in this, but I understand the manager pays the price.

I wish Yogi well, I've met him whilst he played for Hibs, he's a top guy and I'm sorry for him that his dream turned out all wrong. I'm also sad the amount of personal abuse he got, no need at all.

All the best to Hughes and let's hope we move forward and get the team back to a better state that see's us fighting and organised.

Expecting Rain
04-10-2010, 08:55 AM
Football management can work two ways, a successful Yogi would have probably attracted the likes of Celtic, the other side of the coin is the inevitible, for what ever reasons at Easter Road Yogi`s vision for the club didn`t work out, either the players weren`t receptive to his ideas or he didn`t utulise the players in the correct way, the arguments from both sides could go on for ever, unfortunately our league position and lengthy poor run dictated the situation we now find ourselves in and not the views of this particular board, i wish Yogi all the best for the future, i`m sure he won`t be out of work for long.

Speedway
04-10-2010, 08:56 AM
How much compo do you think Killie will be looking for?

Evergreen86
04-10-2010, 08:56 AM

What about the Ross County manager???

Csaba Lazlo?????:cool2:

Beefster
04-10-2010, 08:57 AM

I know otherwise. Hughes won the First Division with Falkirk.

DaveF
04-10-2010, 08:58 AM
I feel relief more that anything else.

Whoever takes over has my full support to clear the dead wood, charlatans and anyone else causing problems at the football club. Now that one problem has been dealt with, it's time to deal with all other problems in the squad - irrespective of the opinions of the support.

Totally agree.

Some of the players need to have a good look at themselves and if erses need booted to bring about a fresh change, then I'm all for it.

SidBurns
04-10-2010, 08:59 AM
I know otherwise. Hughes won the First Division with Falkirk.

Was he joint top with Falkirk the following season!?!?!?! Mmm

Love the Green
04-10-2010, 09:00 AM
Probably had to be done but we need the right man to come in now, and for me that isnt Jimmy Calderwood!!!

That wil be Jimmy Calderwwod who has had so many failed jobs and who is that good he has been jobless for 5 months now..behave he wont do the job we need.

"keep the faith":wink:

MacBean
04-10-2010, 09:00 AM
Terry Butcher or Billy Reid for me please

hibee1993
04-10-2010, 09:01 AM
Maradona is out of work ?

GloryGlory
04-10-2010, 09:01 AM

That would be out of this world! :wink:

Love the Green
04-10-2010, 09:03 AM

So is my granny :confused:

"keep the faith"

Houchy
04-10-2010, 09:04 AM

Sums it up for me. I've been one of the Yogi GTF brigade for some time but I alos feel sorry for him that it never worked out. Hope it works out for him wherever he ends up next.

Thanks for doing the sensible thing Yogi:agree:

GordonR
04-10-2010, 09:04 AM

I see Gazza's just got back into football management again.

3pm
04-10-2010, 09:05 AM
I am glad he is gone. I have had my doubts from very early on but it doesn't give me any satisfaction to be right because, consequently, the team have been struggling.

He hasn't helped himself but he's been let down by a few of his staff as well.

Good luck John - I am sure you'll be back in a job soon.

Baader
04-10-2010, 09:05 AM
Sad it didn't work out. No Hibby wants to see our manager fail.

Yogi just wasn't up to the job. Right decision and don't think anyone can say he didn't get a fair crack.

Board must make a good appointment this time...

DaniAndersson
04-10-2010, 09:06 AM
I was one of many who were keen to get John Hughes as our manager. I admired the way his Falkirk side played and I reckoned their relegation after he left showed his true stock as a manager.

I also said I'd give him time at the end of last season, when it was clear we'd hit a miserable run of form. However, I was one of the many shouting for Hughes to leave on Saturday. I reckon the St Johnstone match was the final nail in the coffin. We were awful and his lack of changes in personnel and tactics were galling.

Recently I think we all saw the ugly side to Hughes. His bullying of players was cringeworthy and unacceptable. As an ST holder on the half way line of the West, I see and hear his moronic shouts and gesticulations. They must (a) sap the confidence out of a player and (b) make them hate him even more. His tactics have been clueless ever since out 4-2-2-2 formation got found out last winter. A clever manager would've sussed out the problem. As a fan that believes the midfield is the key to winning football match, his lack of width in his team selection galled me. He had chances to go and buy wingers but instead filled the side with decent midfielders, however all with the same attributes and physique. No wonder they look poor when the centre of the park is so congested. Tactically, Hughes was way out of his league, and the batten-down-the-hatches approach, talk of fight and spirit just won't cut it at a club with aspirations of a Top 4 finish and cup runs each season.

Hughes was bad at his job, and I feel the correct decision has been made. I feel we have good players at this club but it was painfully obvious as the games went on that they weren't believing in their manager anymore. With the talent, training facilities and youngsters coming through (Hanlon, Wotherspoon, Byrne, Booth, Welsh, Moyes, Currie, Stephens), it was imperative that the man who puts the fear of god into these players in the wrong sort of way was removed.

People may feel there is a malaise at the club but I think the simple fact is that we have appointed three poor managers. Petrie and the rest of the board will need to make a good appointmet here. If they do so, the rewards are huge. Crowds will come back and money will pour into the club. We have a fanbase who do flock to ER when things are going well. That is the incentive.

I wish Hughes all the best and feel for him and his family. Nobody wants to see another lose their job for all the sentimental reasons, but his lack of ability to fulfil his duties properly meant that this decision was for the best. I don't think he'll ever get a big job again and his level is bottom six SPL or the likes.

M11BMO
04-10-2010, 09:07 AM
Csaba Lazlo...

Speedway
04-10-2010, 09:07 AM
So how long before the 'Yogi wasn't given enough time' or 'At least Yogi brought in decent players, this new guy is ****' posts appear?

Rod reckons that Hibs need a fresh face. After 15-16 months? How fresh do you like them Rod. You were greetin when Mowbray left after two and a half years. You didn't feel like we needed a fresh face then did you?

Wouldn't be surprised to see Mowbray return. It's the one appointment that Rod nearly got right.

bawheid
04-10-2010, 09:09 AM
So how long before the 'Yogi wasn't given enough time' or 'At least Yogi brought in decent players, this new guy is ****' posts appear?

I'll give it 6 months. The odd well placed story about dressing room unrest always works a treat too.

eastmainsmsh
Sad news as i wanted yogi to do the biz he is Hibs at heart :thumbsup:

He got off to a flyer but it went Downhill for some reason i blame the players for it to many big time charlies ie bamba etc disruptive .....

I remember the rangers game 4-3 at ER i was young laddie in east terracing yogi buzzing coming out of tunnel sprinting out ready for it big time .... if every player in current squad had that passion, dig and determination then in an ideal world Yogi might still be in a job

Suppose parting was inevitible however IM A BIG yogi fan and i wish him every success :agree:

GGTTH :notworthy:

hibby67
i fell a bit sorry for him but he had to go

i liked him as player lots of fire and passion in his belly which we could do with now if most of our team.
i think he tried to bring that spirt to managment but i dont think the players took to it

good luck in the future but as for hibs onward and upward

Expecting Rain
04-10-2010, 09:11 AM
Sad news as i wanted yogi to do the biz he is Hibs at heart :thumbsup:

He got off to a flyer but it went Downhill for some reason i blame the players for it to many big time charlies ie bamba etc disruptive .....

I remember the rangers game 4-3 at ER i was young laddie in east terracing yogi buzzing coming out of tunnel sprinting out ready for it big time .... if every player in current squad had that passion, dig and determination then in an ideal world Yogi might still be in a job

Suppose parting was inevitible however I love yogi and i wish him every success :agree:

GGTTH :notworthy:

A big problem for managers now, when the players decide to down tools they do so, player power rules and is very much a part of the modern game, unfortunately.

archiebald
04-10-2010, 09:12 AM
We want Monty :greengrin

Duffys13
04-10-2010, 09:13 AM
Most Likely Be Micheal O'Neill

Fits in with ex player routine....hardly inspiring.

I dunno like, I would take him

matty_f
04-10-2010, 09:13 AM
Sorry it didn't work out for Yogi, but ultimately it's absolutely the right decision.

delbert
04-10-2010, 09:14 AM
It is a sad day when you wake up and realise that the highlight of the season so far has been getting rid of an incompetent manager, but being entirely realistic, this is absolutely the correct decision for Hibernian Football Club, and considering the last 8 or 9 months of utter dross, the only surprise is that it took so long in coming. It's always sad to see someone losing their job, but in a business entirely results driven, he must have known what was coming, any manager with a worse record than Jim Duffy surely could'nt have expected anything else.

The only thing that worries me is that I too believe there are other factors going on behind the scenes, and the one thing the board must get is a man with real strength of character to meet this task head on. Looking at the names touted so far, I think McInnes would be one to consider, but as I posted a week ago, the St. Johnstone board saw what was happening, and he signed a contract extension last week, and whenhave Hibs ever paid out compensation to a departing manager, and then broke the bank for the next one, never. I have agreed in all the investments this board have made over the past 15-20 years, but this next one, our next manager, may define where we as a club go in the next 10. GGTTH

hughio
04-10-2010, 09:15 AM
I was one of many who were keen to get John Hughes as our manager. I admired the way his Falkirk side played and I reckoned their relegation after he left showed his true stock as a manager.

I also said I'd give him time at the end of last season, when it was clear we'd hit a miserable run of form. However, I was one of the many shouting for Hughes to leave on Saturday. I reckon the St Johnstone match was the final nail in the coffin. We were awful and his lack of changes in personnel and tactics were galling.

Recently I think we all saw the ugly side to Hughes. His bullying of players was cringeworthy and unacceptable. As an ST holder on the half way line of the West, I see and hear his moronic shouts and gesticulations. They must (a) sap the confidence out of a player and (b) make them hate him even more. His tactics have been clueless ever since out 4-2-2-2 formation got found out last winter. A clever manager would've sussed out the problem. As a fan that believes the midfield is the key to winning football match, his lack of width in his team selection galled me. He had chances to go and buy wingers but instead filled the side with decent midfielders, however all with the same attributes and physique. No wonder they look poor when the centre of the park is so congested. Tactically, Hughes was way out of his league, and the batten-down-the-hatches approach, talk of fight and spirit just won't cut it at a club with aspirations of a Top 4 finish and cup runs each season.

Hughes was bad at his job, and I feel the correct decision has been made. I feel we have good players at this club but it was painfully obvious as the games went on that they weren't believing in their manager anymore. With the talent, training facilities and youngsters coming through (Hanlon, Wotherspoon, Byrne, Booth, Welsh, Moyes, Currie, Stephens), it was imperative that the man who puts the fear of god into these players in the wrong sort of way was removed.

People may feel there is a malaise at the club but I think the simple fact is that we have appointed three poor managers. Petrie and the rest of the board will need to make a good appointmet here. If they do so, the rewards are huge. Crowds will come back and money will pour into the club. We have a fanbase who do flock to ER when things are going well. That is the incentive.

I wish Hughes all the best and feel for him and his family. Nobody wants to see another lose their job for all the sentimental reasons, but his lack of ability to fulfil his duties properly meant that this decision was for the best. I don't think he'll ever get a big job again and his level is bottom six SPL or the likes.

I agree with you almost entirely:top marks

New Corrie
Terry Butcher or Billy Reid for me please

Likewise. Either would be fine.

Need to change my avatar now, sadly.

richard_pitts
Despite the loss of Stokes we have players in Miller and Riordan of enough quality for the rest of the SPL and the team is under-performing compared to the sum of its parts. It has been since last February and the tactics have been hideous. Have any of our young players really developed?

I'm sorry this one hasn't worked out, but some of the horror stories eminating from Falkirk about his fallings out with players and personnel when things don't go to plan, and him sticking with his favourites regardless are entirely consistent with what we have heard here.

My concern is that we don't get a reputation for yam-esque hiring and firing because that will reduce the quality of manager we can get. My dream ticket would be Mowbray assisted by JC but it will never happen.

Beefster
Was he joint top with Falkirk the following season!?!?!?! Mmm

I've no idea what that means - he was managing Falkirk in the SPL the following season.

However, considering their relative size compared to the Albion Rovers and Elgins of this world, getting Livingston promoted from the Third Division and then getting them to the top of the Second Division isn't anything to shout about. Bollan won't even be considered for the job by Hibs.

It's a bit like saying that McLeish was ready for the Man Utd job after getting us promoted.

Renfrew_Hibby
04-10-2010, 09:16 AM
Had to happen, ER would've been empty had he still been there for the Killie game.
Just wasn't to be. Top bloke, great Hibs man who should always be welcomed back whether as a fan or in a different working capacity.
Yogi maybe just hasn't got what it takes to manage at the top,thats not a slight on him just that very few coaches really have it. Hope he gets back in the game soon and wish him all the best.

easty
04-10-2010, 09:17 AM
We want Monty :greengrin

With Sergio Garcia as assistant....sounds good.

Speedway
04-10-2010, 09:19 AM
It wouldn't take much photoshopping to imagine would it?

Bob Box Fish
04-10-2010, 09:20 AM
Delighted he is away.

I will now happily return to matches :thumbsup:

Iain G
04-10-2010, 09:22 AM
Stuart Baxter for me :wink::greengrin

Roy Hodgson could be available shortly too... :agree:

Sir David Gray
04-10-2010, 09:25 AM
It is absolutely the correct decision but I do feel for Hughes and I would have loved him to have been a success at the club.

Unfortunately the run of results that we have had over the past seven months or so has been completely unacceptable and we are currently on a run of results at Easter Road that we have never seen before in our 135 year history. If anything, there were signs that things were actually getting a lot worse, not better.

I have absolutely no idea who we are likely to bring in as a replacement but whoever it is will have a huge rebuilding job on their hands. There are at least seven or eight players at the club who are nowhere near good enough for Hibs and need to be given the bullet and most of the first team squad is out of contract in the summer.

Although we shouldn't be anywhere near where are right now in the league, I don't believe the squad is of the required strength to be able to challenge at the top end of the league. Unfortunately we can't do anything about new players for another three months so we are possibly stuck with the same old performances that we have seen over recent months until then.

I would like to thank John Hughes for his efforts over the past 16 months and I wish him all the best in his future career.

Cinntwamob
04-10-2010, 09:30 AM
Glad to hear it from a Hibernian point of view. Sad for Yogi that another fans favourite has gone the way of so many others in terms of management, you'll know the litany of fan manager disasters. Please Rod & Co. no more, let's get a ruthless ambitious manager in that actually gets a bit of dig in the team so that we can make E.R. at a minimum difficult and hopefully daunting for opponents to come to.

That's the club up two season tickets now though and a Hibs kid membership:thumbsup::agree:

And good luck John:agree:

Dalkeith
04-10-2010, 09:30 AM

Rod reckons that Hibs need a fresh face. After 15-16 months? How fresh do you like them Rod. You were greetin when Mowbray left after two and a half years. You didn't feel like we needed a fresh face then did you?

Wouldn't be surprised to see Mowbray return. It's the one appointment that Rod nearly got right.

mowbray is still under contract with celtic being paid and is not allowed to speak to any club unless he resigns from his cotract with celtic, i believe the terms of his contract makes it unlikely that any club will ask celtic permission to speak to him

M8UDB
04-10-2010, 09:31 AM
Realy wanted it to work out for us and Yogi but this is the correct decision. :bye:

Ell_Chrisso
04-10-2010, 09:34 AM

Damn right im happy! :agree: :bye:

seanraff07
04-10-2010, 09:37 AM
Sad that it didn't work out for Yogi. But i hope the next manager is someone who really knows how to manage a football team and not just someone who cares about the club.

PaulSmith
04-10-2010, 09:37 AM

Rod never said this though, it was Hughes.

Speedway
04-10-2010, 09:38 AM
Rod never said this though, it was Hughes.

Who do you think wrote the press release?

FromTheCapital
04-10-2010, 09:44 AM
The guy has a lot of passion for the club that he loves but the tactics and the performances just weren't there unfortunately, Good Luck Yogi. :thumbsup:

This would be my list of managers :

1: Tony Mowbray
2: John Collins
3: Derek McInnes

BEEJ
04-10-2010, 09:46 AM
Sorry it didn't work out for Yogi, but ultimately it's absolutely the right decision.
:agree: My sentiments exactly.

J-C
04-10-2010, 09:56 AM
Mate just phined to tell me, must admit I wanted it to work out but far too many things happening in the dressing room for there to be any chance of that. Stories of bullying and favouritetism doesn't bode too well and ultimately alienates the manager from the players. We have as good a squad as any team in the SPL, they don't befome bad overnight, but when you lose the dressing room you have no chance, hopefully the board look elsewhere and not at an ex player and not a rookie also, been there, done that.

erskine-hibby
04-10-2010, 10:09 AM
Absolutely the correct decision...though a few months late IMHO.
It was clear for a long time that he was not up to it, yet the board seemed it fitting to let it carry on for so long. Serious questions must be asked why this was so.
Regardless, the next person they get in must be able to steady the ship, get us moving forward and get the players performing to a level that is, at the very least, acceptable. I feel that we need someone who has a bit more experience than the last 2 managers. Who that person is?????....I don't really know, but Rod has to get this one right.

Hibstrooper
04-10-2010, 10:10 AM
Don't know if this has been picked up yet but it looks like Rice is also away - he's disappeared from the coaches page with Hughes.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/CoachingStaff/0,,10290,00.html

Looks like Evans is in charge - got a sneaky feeling he may be given a few games to try and stake a claim

Brooster
04-10-2010, 10:13 AM
Don't know if this has been picked up yet but it looks like Rice is also away - he's disappeared from the coaches page with Hughes.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/CoachingStaff/0,,10290,00.html

Looks like Evans is in charge - got a sneaky feeling he may be given a few games to try and stake a claim

Aye Rice has left as well.

Sylar
04-10-2010, 10:14 AM

Livingston are still a full-time team in 2 leagues which they should be expected to walk in all honesty.

Anyway, my observation wasn't related to the quality of Bollan - the post I quoted titled the managers as "out of work", which is what I was questioning.

Keith_M
04-10-2010, 10:22 AM
I'm glad they've finally done this as it needed to be done. I've already stated that I thought he didn't have what it takes and needed to go but I've been disappointed that some people (fortunately not the majority) had resorted to personal attacks and stupid name calling.

This same thing happened with Mixu, strangely enough also from certain people that backed Yogi to the bitter end. Just no need.

Who's in charge in the meantime?

Petrie's Tache
04-10-2010, 10:24 AM
Luggy for me as a new gaffer. Sloop as his No2....:agree:

Sir David Gray
04-10-2010, 10:29 AM
I'm glad they've finally done this as it needed to be done. I've already stated that I thought he didn't have what it takes and needed to go but I've been disappointed that some people (fortunately not the majority) had resorted to personal attacks and stupid name calling.

This same thing happened with Mixu, strangely enough also from certain people that backed Yogi to the bitter end. Just no need.

Who's in charge in the meantime?

Gareth Evans, I would imagine, with perhaps some help from Scott Thomson.

McIntosh
04-10-2010, 10:30 AM
Very sad to here of anyone losing their job, regardless of whats happened Yogi is a human beings with feelings. It was just one of these things that happen in life.

hibiedude
04-10-2010, 10:36 AM
Correct decision it should have happened Months ago

I was never a fan of Yogi but I do wish him well where ever he ends up

EskbankHibby
04-10-2010, 10:49 AM
Initially shocked and saddened as a good Hibs man has lost his job but based on results and performances this year the correct decision.

Please Rod get the next appointment correct. How about advertising the job, interviewing suitable applicants and appointing the the next manager based on experience, contacts in the game, communication skills andfootballing ethos. This will not necessarily be the cheapest option who is an ex-hibby.

Bad Martini
04-10-2010, 10:56 AM
Shame a man lost his job. Correct decision. Not too many will argue that.

NO MORE EX PLAYERS PETRIE. IT. DOESNY. WORK.

Get a "proven" manager. Thers nae point in spending 4 million on this training ground and x million on that new stand if ye have a manager who isnt up to the job. Some places in the club can be scrimped and saved; the keeper, at least one good forward and midfielder and the manager isny one of them.

Get the RIGHT man in. OR, we WILL be here again in 18 months time....

MON THE HIBEES

hibsbollah
04-10-2010, 10:59 AM
Correct decision.

Should have been sacked after the 6-6 match.

stubru59
04-10-2010, 11:03 AM
Right decision but something stinks big time about Hibernian FC and has done for over 3 years now.

Only three!

500miles
04-10-2010, 11:22 AM
I hope the people who called him thick, stupid, a clown etc. keep thier well wishes to themselves, perhaps even more than thier laughter and back slapping. Honestly, it's a bit sickening.

It was time for Yogi to go. For one reason or another he couldn't put his philosophy into action, and we were are all the poorer for it. That said, I don't believe it was too late for Yogi to go - I would have rather stuck with him on a wing and a prayer until Christmas than suffer the "football" of the likes of Jimmy Calderwood.

To speak to, I found him to be a pleasant guy, articulate and intelligent (even when speaking like a leither - which seems to be some sort of crime apparently), with high ideals, not just about football, but about how people live thier lives. Recieving my Queen's Badge from him in my last year at the BB's felt like a real honour for a laddie who got into football when he was club captain, and for him to take time out of his personal life for something that wasn't simply a photo opp showed exactly what his character was all about.

I'm glad that we gave him the time we did. We had nothing to lose, the gaps aren't impossible to close, but we're starting to get into the real business part of the season. Quite frankly, to have sacked him after getting into Europe would have been rediculous, or while we were still battling for Europe, because who knows what effect that would have had on the team.

Nor can you carry over the results of last season, as soon as the next starts. You can lose games for a multitude of reasons - there was a bit of bad luck in some cases, and downright poor performaces in others. However, the St. Johnstone game was more like the end of last season than any other, and it proved that we weren't moving on. That's when last seasons results become significant.

As for stories of this and that - I don't care anymore. There is a level of that in most dressing rooms - it only becomes a problem when you start losing games.

I hope Hughes and his family continue to support the club. However, after feeling little more than contempt for those around me in Easter Road for about 4 or 5 months now, I would be unsuprised if they lost interest in the club. These people know who they are - they are faceless cowards - ill mannered, and either lacking intelligence, or simply unpleasant. I'm sure the next time you take a wander down to the Cameo, Yogi will still be happy to chat. However, i doubt they will be so happy to be so venomous.

John Hughes should go with the best wishes of the club, and the sincerest sympathy of anyone who has ever been in a situation where they have found thier greatest aspirations out of reach.

bighairyfaeleith
04-10-2010, 11:28 AM
the right decision, no hard feelings with yogi but time to move on. 500 miles, thats probably one of the most sanctimonious posts I have ever read on here, and there have been some beauties!!

Dinkydoo
04-10-2010, 11:48 AM
He had to go but I still feel for him personally.

Now to appoint the right man and get this dressing room sorted out once and for all.

heretoday
04-10-2010, 11:53 AM
One of the things in life like death and taxes is that former managers/players come back one day and put one over on Hibs!

I wonder where Yogi will end up. Falkirk?

TornadoHibby
04-10-2010, 11:57 AM
Had to happen. I slated him a lot basically because he was crap but always a pity when folk lose their jobs. Saying that, they wouldnt lose their jobs if they were any good at them. Also it would have been his dream job, its obviously been too big for him!

Fair point but, in general terms, the current economic environment has meant that this statement is not true for a large number of people who lost their jobs through no fault of their own and for those who are yet to lose their jobs in this current recession! :agree:

PapillonVert
04-10-2010, 12:00 PM
Not a great day for Hibs. Although the results have been dreadful and nowadays managers know they are on thin ice and have to get the results or else, I feel no pleasure at all that a dyed-in-the-wool Hibee who clearly was desperate to succeed in his "dream" job, has left the club.

Good luck in the future, John, for whatever you decide to do.
The Hibs job is fast becoming the poisoned chalice of Scottish football. Average job time about 12 - 15 months - who'd want it?

Also, about time the players took a look at themselves and their responsibility for where the club is just now. The sad truth is that too many of them are just not Hibs class and even Fergie or Mourinho would have difficulty trying to make the proverbial silk purse out of a sow's ear.

500miles
04-10-2010, 12:01 PM
the right decision, no hard feelings with yogi but time to move on. 500 miles, thats probably one of the most sanctimonious posts I have ever read on here, and there have been some beauties!!

I'd rather be accused of sanctimony than be two faced.

Iggy Pope
04-10-2010, 12:10 PM

:confused:
Wishing him well, but apart from the bit where you call him a moronic bully?

Dashing Bob S
04-10-2010, 12:23 PM

In a nutshell. The problems go a lot deeper than Yogi (or Collins or Mixu) and the new guy has his work cut out to get those achieving anything. Too many 'doldrum' players in the squad who think they are good enough where they are, but show no ambition to improve and move up the hierarchy in the game.

Fed up seeing Hibs heroes slaughtered by uncoachable lazy moaning wasters.

That said, it's a results game and they had to go. Problem is that unless we tackle this issue the next guy is doomed.

bighairyfaeleith
04-10-2010, 12:29 PM

In a nutshell. The problems go a lot deeper than Yogi (or Collins or Mixu) and the new guy has his work cut out to get those achieving anything. Too many 'doldrum' players in the squad who think they are good enough where they are, but show no ambition to improve and move up the hierarchy in the game.

Fed up seeing Hibs heroes slaughtered by uncoachable lazy moaning wasters.

That said, it's a results game and they had to go. Problem is that unless we tackle this issue the next guy is doomed.

trouble is yogi had a couple of transfer windows to deal with these players (whoever they are) and he didn't, so who should take the blame?

Your right that it needs to be changed, the problem is successive managers don't seem to have seen it, or have done nothing about it.

Dashing Bob S
:confused:
Wishing him well, but apart from the bit where you call him a moronic bully?

Thought that was a great post tbh. I don't think the poster was calling Hughes a moronic bully, but saying that under pressure he was resorting to bullying and making moronic comments. Analysing behaviour is different to ascribing personality traits.

bighairyfaeleith

I'd rather neither but hey ho:rolleyes:

Dashing Bob S
04-10-2010, 12:46 PM

It might have been a bit sanctimonious but these are emotional times, but it was also one of the righteous and dignified defences of a good man I've read on this forum. Like you I've met JH several times, and while he'd clearly come to thr end of the line and had to go, I was also highly galled at the sort of sneering abuse he regularly took on here.

His passion for the club and knowledge of the game was terrific and, I thought, highly inspirational, and it saddened me to see him lurching back into a crass caricature of a younger self, simply through the palpable frustration of not being able to take the club where he wanted it to go. This was in no small part to the proliferation of moaning jobsworths in the dressing room who the Hibs gig is just a shift like stacking shelves in Tescos.

BigKev
04-10-2010, 01:09 PM
Although not my first choice as manager I'm still disappointed at seeing yet another Hibs man fail at the helm.

Yogi's a top bloke with the right ideas but things haven't worked out and if rumours of him bullying the younger members of the squad are true then it's sure to cause dressing room disharmony.

Hopefully we'll have a new man in charge prior to the Killie game and they can sort out the players who have been rotten since February.

I'd like to see JH do well in his future career and wish him all the best.

Rodders has to get the right man in this time - someone we can hold onto for the next 3 years to build a squad capabale of challenging for the Cups and Europe.

Suggestions? Alan Curbishley, Paul Ince (interviewed before) or Alan Pardew?

Dunbar Hibee
04-10-2010, 02:03 PM
HAD to be done, but all the best Yogi. GGTTH

TowerHibs
04-10-2010, 02:06 PM

Need to go wipe his *** off your chin

Results driven industry, if u are not performing then your out. As for the abuse (or people being 2 faced as you say) is nothing new in any footballing league! Not saying it's right or wrong but if you think that any manager who has had a run that is the worst in that clubs history will not get abuse then your head is in the clouds!

Least we know why u defended him to the end, cause he gave you a fridge magnet for a 7-a-sides at the mighty BB! He was not good enough, aggrogant when things needed to be changed and has a go at the fans.

Upset that things never worked out for him, spoke a good game when he first came. Even when we were winning early last year, performances suggested that tactically we were gash! Time to go

Lofarl
04-10-2010, 02:17 PM
Whilst in the long term its probably best for all concerned that Yogi stepped aside I do not hold him entirely responsible. Theres 11 players out there on the park that are supposed to be professionals.

They cost him his job.

bawheid
04-10-2010, 02:22 PM
Results driven industry, if u are not performing then your out.

Let's hope the underachieving, spineless, spoilt kiddies in the dressing room are next then.

Some of the stories on here over the past few weeks - clearly leaked by players - didn't make things any easier for Hughes.

Still, they'll be able to have a drink and a fight up the town safe in the knowledge that they're still the ones in charge at Hibernian FC.

basehibby
04-10-2010, 02:31 PM

I still think you were wrong and the board was right to give him the chance he had EARNED last season in improving our league position and getting the club into Europe.
As it goes, I feel the right decision has been made at this juncture - Hughes has been given a healthy and reasonable 8 games to get things back on track since Maribor and sadly has failed to do so.
So from me to Yogi it's a case of farewell and goodluck - genuinely sorry it didn't work out.
From me to you and any other smug-cases giving it the old "told you so" bollox, it's a big fat :bye::asshole:

blackpoolhibs
04-10-2010, 02:33 PM
I still think you were wrong and the board was right to give him the chance he had EARNED last season in improving our league position and getting the club into Europe.
As it goes, I feel the right decision has been made at this juncture - Hughes has been given a healthy and reasonable 8 games to get things back on track since Maribor and sadly has failed to do so.
So from me to Yogi it's a case of farewell and goodluck - genuinely sorry it didn't work out.
From me to you and any other smug-cases giving it the old "told you so" bollox, it's a big fat :bye::asshole:

I agree, :agree: we don't have many managers who take us to 4th, so he must have done something right. He deserved the chance to address the slide, but couldn't. The right decision by the club at the right time.

hibiedude
04-10-2010, 02:48 PM
I think the bollox that some people talk regarding yogi makes this site a must visit.

Yogi was never going to turn things around and now were talking about getting rid of some of the players he brought in tells us another story because they were clearly not good enough.

The lets stick with Yogi at all cost brigade are trying to justify there rational in backing the now ex manager is laughable.

All this rubbish about he knew how to get us out the hole was just another sound bite for the media and fans but beep down he knew his time was up.

And to wait till we were joint 2nd bottom before removing Yogi was a mistake because it now makes it that wee bit harder for the new manager when he arrives.

The Voice Of Reason
04-10-2010, 03:51 PM
I agree, :agree: we don't have many managers who take us to 4th, so he must have done something right. He deserved the chance to address the slide, but couldn't. The right decision by the club at the right time.

:top marks Sums up my thoughts exactly. :agree:

Iggy Pope
04-10-2010, 04:45 PM
Thought that was a great post tbh. I don't think the poster was calling Hughes a moronic bully, but saying that under pressure he was resorting to bullying and making moronic comments. Analysing behaviour is different to ascribing personality traits.

I didn't.
If that's wishing the man well he can keep his Christmas Card.

Dinkydoo
04-10-2010, 04:49 PM
Whilst in the long term its probably best for all concerned that Yogi stepped aside I do not hold him entirely responsible. Theres 11 players out there on the park that are supposed to be professionals.

They cost him his job.

And the one before that..................and the one before that.

Those involved should be ***** ashamed of themselves; there is only so much that tactics can do for you in a game, if the players don't play then your fudged.

NAE NOOKIE
04-10-2010, 05:23 PM
Sad that it hasnt worked out for Yogi I wanted him before Mixu, but I am afraid I for one was wrong as it turns out.

We cant be a point off bottom at this stage with the players we have and for that the manager has to carry the can. But for sure some of the players need to take a good look at themselves as well.

But one thing is now for sure .... We must not appoint any more ex players or Hibs supporters.

For that reason Michael O'Neill should be a no go.
Please not Tango Man I just cant see how he would improve things.
Not Collins, he walked when the going got tough, at least Yogi didnt do that.
Not Mogga ... He was blessed with the best set of players we have had for about 20 years and I dont know if he would be as successfull with what we have now.

Anyway ... good luck Yogi. I for one would have loved to see things work out for you.

mim
04-10-2010, 05:43 PM
My only feeling is one of relief.

Good luck for the future, Yogi.

DH1875
04-10-2010, 08:34 PM
Gutted, absolutely gutted. Not that he's gone as it had to happen but what a difference a year makes. I'll be honest and say I thought it was the perfect appointment at the time and still can't get my head around how it's all gone so wrong. To go from pushing the infirm and only being a couple of points behind at christmas to going on a run of 9 wins of 36 games is the stuff of nightmares. The board had no other choice than to sack him but I reckon they could have given him more backing in the summer. Also selling Stokes for 800k was a joke and helped no one.

NYHibby
04-10-2010, 08:55 PM
Sorry if I missed this, but did we name someone as interim manager?

BroxburnHibee
04-10-2010, 08:56 PM

Nope - appears that the coaching staff will take training.

Feeling is we'll have a new manager before the next game

LALthehibeeGAL
04-10-2010, 09:13 PM

I hope all those who called him this and that are pleased with themselves - Yogi is a hibs man through and through he loves the club supports it, and hurts like the rest of us - a few of the results where de graaf missed sitters could have been different - and to be honest if you look at the table apart from the ugly sisters there is not a lot between third place and bottom - a coulple of wins and we're back in the mix. Lady luck was on our side at the start of last season but has left us for now - I believe Yogi had the right idea and the right vision and whilst he is the manager it is easier to let him go that change a whole team the players need to take some of the blame as a certain Mr Levien said once during his time at the PBS "they should be ashamed to take their wages" - I believe he should have been given til Christmas at least to turn it around one or two positive results and you climb back up the table - but some fans have no patience - IMO JC, MP and JH were not given enough time for their vision.

Best of luck Yogi - a true Hibby - hope you come back sometime wiser and older and you will be a success. You took us to fourth place and into Europe but that's not enough apparently - even though the season before we were seventh!

God help whoever is next they best be thick skinned and deal witht he prima donnas on the park!!!

Sorry rant over. Well done all you boo boys - happy now!

Lal

barcahibs
04-10-2010, 09:18 PM

told tonight at the AGM that Gareth Evans et al will atke control of the club on matchdays.

The coaching staff assisted by the captain and vice captain (who he? :dunno:) are taking training at East Mains.

There will not necessarily be a new manager in place in time for the Kilmarnock game. Club will take their time to get the right man etc etc. Didn't rule out a quick appointment though.

From my own point of view...

Best of luck to Yogi and thanks from me for the efforts he made. I was one who was arguing to give him more time, I feel we really need stability but it wasn't to be. I agree that after Saturday and with the fans and (possibly) players in the mood they are in, it is probably the right decision to part ways now but I'm not taking any pleasure in it. Hopefully we can all get behind the team and the new manager whoever he is.

LALthehibeeGAL
04-10-2010, 09:19 PM
Let's hope the underachieving, spineless, spoilt kiddies in the dressing room are next then.

Some of the stories on here over the past few weeks - clearly leaked by players - didn't make things any easier for Hughes.

Still, they'll be able to have a drink and a fight up the town safe in the knowledge that they're still the ones in charge at Hibernian FC.

:agree::top marks

Riordans Boots
04-10-2010, 09:19 PM

:agree: :wink:

capitals_finest
04-10-2010, 10:20 PM
Thanks for trying your best yogi, hope to see you on the terracing one day big man...

Captain Trips
05-10-2010, 07:23 AM
A shame it did not work out for Yogi, but if he was paying money over last 6-12 months to watch Hibs I am sure he would be looking for more also. No doubts he gave it 110% but it just was not to be.

I wish you all the best John, don't be a stranger.