PDA

View Full Version : Hibs players, not good enough?

pacorosssco
03-10-2010, 07:09 PM
name any riorden apart that have shown since jan 2010?

BEEJ
03-10-2010, 07:11 PM
Mark Brown.

And, despite his limitations, Hart is the best RB we have had in a while.

silverhibee
03-10-2010, 07:22 PM
Mark Brown.

Hart is a good solid RB, glad he got through the 90 minutes on Saturday, he will get better once he has got his full fitness back, very impressed with him.

3pm
03-10-2010, 07:25 PM
Bamba and Riordan are good. The rest are pish.

Liam89
03-10-2010, 07:27 PM
Spoony and Miller.

RickyS
03-10-2010, 07:30 PM
Bamba and Riordan are good. The rest are pish.

But I sometimes wonder if the opposition manager looks at OUR team and thinks, I could do well with that team. I think its more to do with getting the best out of them which Yogi has not done this year.

Albion Hibs
03-10-2010, 07:37 PM
Not really one for hammering the team, so I will opt for saying who I think our better players are;

- Murray
- Riordan
- Miller
- Hart
- Brown / Stack

Mikey
03-10-2010, 07:38 PM
The players we've got are better than those at any of the other 9 clubs we compete with. The right manager would have us tucked in behind Celtic and Rangers right now.

Arch Stanton
03-10-2010, 07:41 PM
Mark Brown.

Brown? Has our defense really been that dreadful?

It is the job of the defense to stop goals being scored - you do realise that, don't you?

RickyS
03-10-2010, 07:47 PM
The players we've got are better than those at any of the other 9 clubs we compete with. The right manager would have us tucked in behind Celtic and Rangers right now.

my thoughts exactly mate:top marks

BEEJ
03-10-2010, 07:48 PM
Brown? Has our defense really been that dreadful?
Yes.

It is the job of the defense to stop goals being scored - you do realise that, don't you?
Try not to be so patronising.

The_Todd
03-10-2010, 07:50 PM
Not good enough for what? To win the league? No, they're not.

Not good enough to finish 3rd? No, probably not.

Not good enough to beat St Mirren, Hamilton, Inverness? Well, they really should be.

vahibbie
03-10-2010, 07:51 PM

:agree:Nail hit firmly on head:greengrin

Hiber-nation
03-10-2010, 07:57 PM

Disagree - there's no pace or width in that group of players. And up front there's Riordan and that's that.

Mikey
03-10-2010, 07:59 PM
Disagree - there's no pace or width in that group of players. And up front there's Riordan and that's that.

Galbraith. Doesn't get a game though!

15 love :greengrin

HibbyAndy
03-10-2010, 08:01 PM

Disagree.

Dundee utd have better players than us.

Motherwell have better players than us.

We have a no bad sqaud with a complete helmet in charge.

We WILL be in a relagation battle with this fool in charge.

erin go bragh
Hart is a good solid RB, glad he got through the 90 minutes on Saturday, he will get better once he has got his full fitness back, very impressed with him.
lost his man for their 1st goal yesterday, no?

Mikey

Galbraith. Doesn't get a game though!

15 love :greengrin

And the manager doesn't play with any width anyway.

That's 30 love :greengrin

Alfred E Newman
03-10-2010, 08:33 PM
Other than Riordan and possibly Wotherspoon I wouldn`t lose any sleep if I never saw any of the rest in a Hibs shirt again.

vahibbie
03-10-2010, 08:35 PM
And the manager doesn't play with any width anyway.

That's 30 love :greengrin

That cannae be true....we've just made the pitch wider:wink:

gringojoe
03-10-2010, 08:49 PM
The majority of the players, IMHO, are not good enough but they should have enough professionalism, pride and passion to win matches against teams they are better than. They may not like Yogi and want rid of him, I don't know, but they should be doing better than they are.

flash
04-10-2010, 07:57 AM
The majority of the players, IMHO, are not good enough but they should have enough professionalism, pride and passion to win matches against teams they are better than. They may not like Yogi and want rid of him, I don't know, but they should be doing better than they are.

You are right. Regardless of what we might think of some of Yogi's decisions, and to be fair they are baffling at times, the players are about to see off yet another manager.

Incidentally can someone please explain why anyone can possibly list Liam Miller amongst our good player?

He is a workshy disgrace.

CB_NO3
04-10-2010, 08:31 AM
This is one of the worst Hibs teams I have seen for quality. Riordan is our best player and is class. Nish, Rankin, Hogg aint good enough. Miller has played 5 good games if your lucky. Galbraith is 3 stone to light. Mcbride offers nothing going forward at all. We have a Lithuanian striker no one has heard off and Daryl Duffy could not get a game for Bristol Rovers and as for our defence, we concede far too many cheap goals. Sometimes the truth hurts but thats how I analyse our team at the moment, just simply not good enough. I hope am wrong and the new manager can get something out this squad.

bighairyfaeleith
04-10-2010, 10:48 AM
I reckon we have a right good squad of players at the club!

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-10-2010, 11:01 AM
Theres nae danger we're good enough to be 3rd, we only have 1 decent forward!

Petrie's Tache
04-10-2010, 11:04 AM

Christ Duffy hasn't even started yet and he is writen off.:bitchy:

PeeJay
04-10-2010, 11:05 AM
What about team spirit then - there doesn't seem to be any of it at the club. When you watch other teams they're always praising each other (even when a long ball is miles away!) our team - Riordan, in particular, just complain every time something goes wrong - in fact, come to think of it, most of them don't even bother to complain, just Riordan really.

Seems to me although we may have the "better" players compared with the "lesser" SPL teams (although generally I'm not fully convinced myself), the other teams more often than not make up for their "lack of class" by team spirit - playing together as a team. Is that solely a manager problem? I doubt it. Hughes spoke often enough of mindset, motivation and passion - so where is it amongst our "superior" players and why can't they draw on it when needed?

blackpoolhibs
04-10-2010, 11:08 AM

I disagree, no pace, no goalscoring threat from anyone apart from Riordan, and a defence that leaks goals. Its not all down to the manager, yes he had his faults, but i doubt Ferguson could get this lot into third?

eastmainsmsh
04-10-2010, 11:09 AM
Something wrong if the players cant respond and do what a manager asks formations etc :grr:

all prima donnas who need to have a look at themselfs and think am i earning my money ... cheating the fans .... shape up or ship out ... no one is bigger than hibs ...:grr:

Riordan excluded

miller,bamba, de graff ,hart,

All good players but they are not doing it

Will be interesting to see how they perform for the new manager

3pm
04-10-2010, 11:13 AM
But I sometimes wonder if the opposition manager looks at OUR team and thinks, I could do well with that team. I think its more to do with getting the best out of them which Yogi has not done this year.

Just ignore my post mate. I was pissed and spouting nonsense.

For me, the new man should keep...

Hart, Bamba, Miller, Riordan, Hanlon, Wotherspoon, Zemmama, Murray and Galbraith.

I've listed 9 but I expect more from Miller and Zemmama (when fit). I hope the new manager has good coaching skills as Hanlon and Wotherspoon have not progressed as much as they should have and I'd probably apply that to DG too. Big times for Murray but I still have faith.

shagpile
04-10-2010, 11:15 AM

Christ Duffy hasn't even started yet and he is writen off.:bitchy:

I thought he was talking about Duffy?:devil:

Love the Green
04-10-2010, 11:15 AM

What utter pish

"keep the faith"

Hibercelona
04-10-2010, 11:24 AM
We have players that are far better than they want to play.

They don't want to work hard.

Why work hard for your cash when you are going to get it anyway?

The club needs to put something in place which will force players into working harder to earn their wages.

Golden Bear
04-10-2010, 11:31 AM
I disagree, no pace, no goalscoring threat from anyone apart from Riordan, and a defence that leaks goals. Its not all down to the manager, yes he had his faults, but i doubt Ferguson could get this lot into third?

:agree:

The lack of pace throughout the team is embarrassing to say the least and is a major factor why we are so *ish.

Not an easy one for the new Manager to sort out either.

superfurryhibby
04-10-2010, 12:01 PM
Based on form and players picked this season I would say that we have to be deeply concerned. There is a touch of the Jim Duffy's about some of Yogi's signings and I cannot agree that we have players who are better than form/league table suggests. Taken over the piece the results do not lie.

Goalkeeper- we have competition here and Brown seems the best of the bunch. He ain't no Zibby and that' s a start.

Hart looks ok but might be a lot better if he has someone who plays right midfield and stays there during games. Left back seems a problem area. Grounds looks reasonable on the ball but lacking in fitness. Given he is on loan it would appear that this is a area of the team that needs strengthened. Neither Murray, Hanlon or Stevenson are equipped for the job.

Centre of defence is weak. Bamba fluctutaes between sublime to ridiculous, often in the space of seconds, Hogg is slow and lacks any real physical presence. Early days for Dickoh but I've not been overly impressed so far. Hanlon also seems to lack any real ooomph here and I wonder if he will develop much beyond where he's at. He has had plenty of games and although young is hardly inexperienced. I still think a fit Ian Murray might be worth a shout here?

Midfield. Miller, high hopes but not justifying the expectation or wages really. Lightweight, error prone and not creative enough. I think you would struggle to identify him as a guy who can impose his game on others and change matches. Mc Bride, same applies except he is maybe less tidy on the ball, too one dimensional. De Graaf, slow, doesn't know where he is supposed to be playing, seems to be frustrated and lack confidence. Hard to believe he has had a career in the top flight of Dutch football. Wotherspoon, has potential. Looks as if he has lost from and fitness.

Up front Deek will get goals and produce moments of brilliance, he needs a foil, someone to play off and sadly Nish is not the man, enough said. Galbraith needs more game time to show if he can cut it. To be honest I'm not sure I've seen a great deal there.

As it stands the team is weak in every area. We need to get some cohesion and field our best side. On form there are only two or three who would be automatic picks, that says it all really.

We have a massive wage bill and it worries me that we can carry guys like Zemmama and Benji over recent years with little or no return on them as players, as well as paying big wages to the likes of Miller, De Graaf, Bamba and the like.

A new manager would have little room for manoeuvre and I really worry that the limitations of the squad will make it hard for anyone to bring about big improvement. Here's hoping I'm wrong.