PDA

View Full Version : Where is Chris Hogg?

hongkonghibee
03-10-2010, 08:45 AM
Where is he ????
Since being dropped (correctly due to loss of form IMO), I have heard nothing from Yogi or Hibs official site or Hibs TV about him. Its like the interviewer on Hibs TV has been told not to ask whats happened to the Club Captain.
Not mentioned amongst the "injured" players. Not on the bench.
anyone spotted him?
anyone know whats going on?

OtterHibee
03-10-2010, 09:15 AM
He was in the stand yesterday and against Kilmarnock. Otherwise he's been an unused substitute for the games against Inverness, Hamilton and Celtic.

My understanding is that he won't be back in the side whilst Hughes remains our manager, sadly.

Aubenas
03-10-2010, 09:15 AM
Saw him at the Gyle last week...........:cool2:

Prawn Sandwich
03-10-2010, 10:03 AM
To all you Hogg haters ........ What an impact dropping Hogg has made!:confused::confused:

blackpoolhibs
03-10-2010, 10:27 AM
To all you Hogg haters ........ What an impact dropping Hogg has made!:confused::confused:

:agree: nothings changed, get him back in.

hongkonghibee
03-10-2010, 11:36 AM
:agree: nothings changed, get him back in.

In these days where player loyalty rarely happens, I like the fact that Hogg has stayed at Hibs for so long and always gives 100%. Yes, he has his limitations as a player, but remember he has been player of the season for us in the past so cant be as bad as some people are now saying. My feeling is that the drop in form was mainly because last season we didnt have good left and right backs so he had to cover for that deficiecy in the team. With Hart and Grounds i think a Hogg/Bamba central pairing could work well. It was Yogis mistake making him Captain. Dropping him completely from his plans seems to me to be a mistake too.

Littlest Hobo
03-10-2010, 11:41 AM
Answer to OP question

WHO CARES?:wink::greengrin

SRHibs
03-10-2010, 11:42 AM
I'd definitely hope our next manager gives Hogg a chance. He was a rock a couple of seasons back and duly won POTY. Also, Yogi obviously saw something in him to have made him club captain(or maybe that's just a testimony to Yogi's complete lack of judgement, who knows), either way, I don't think Hogg's anywhere near as bad as most on here seem to think he is.

BoozyLynne
03-10-2010, 11:43 AM
My colleague spotted him on Friday morning at the Sainsbury's up at Straiton.

Parked in a disabled bay, apparently.

Alfred E Newman
03-10-2010, 11:44 AM
Where is he ????
Since being dropped (correctly due to loss of form IMO), I have heard nothing from Yogi or Hibs official site or Hibs TV about him. Its like the interviewer on Hibs TV has been told not to ask whats happened to the Club Captain.
anyone spotted him?

Playing snooker with the vice captain Ian Murray?

Littlest Hobo
03-10-2010, 11:45 AM
I'd definitely hope our next manager gives Hogg a chance. He was a rock a couple of seasons back and duly won POTY. Also, Yogi obviously saw something in him to have made him club captain(or maybe that's just a testimony to Yogi's complete lack of judgement, who knows), either way, I don't think Hogg's anywhere near as bad as most on here seem to think he is.

If ye watched closely at some of the goals we were losing on that long bad run we were having last season you wouldn't have just made the statement you just did.:bitchy:

Hogg stands five yards behind the rest of the defence playing everyone on side.

I've never seen a guy jockey his man as much as Hogg does and never gets close to getting a block in.

He's a strikers dream but hey it's only my opinion.

Hibee_Lisa
03-10-2010, 11:48 AM
In these days where player loyalty rarely happens, I like the fact that Hogg has stayed at Hibs for so long and always gives 100%. Yes, he has his limitations as a player, but remember he has been player of the season for us in the past so cant be as bad as some people are now saying. My feeling is that the drop in form was mainly because last season we didnt have good left and right backs so he had to cover for that deficiecy in the team. With Hart and Grounds i think a Hogg/Bamba central pairing could work well. It was Yogis mistake making him Captain. Dropping him completely from his plans seems to me to be a mistake too.

Maybe no other team wanted him!

Libby Hibby
03-10-2010, 11:52 AM
He's in costa coffee straiton right now...having a latte with a female friend...

blackpoolhibs
03-10-2010, 11:57 AM

He's only loyal cause no bugger wants him. Do you honestly think if he was any good, and someone wanted to have him and treble his wages he'd still be at easter road? He'd be loyal to whoever was daft enough to pay him those wages.:confused: He's an awful player, who has contributed towards our bad run, along with the manager and a few others.:boo hoo:

500miles
03-10-2010, 12:49 PM
I would believe Chris Hogg is a poor player if he

1. hadn't got any POTY awards
2. Didn't Have a CIS cup winners medal
3. Wasn't wanted by quite a few as captain prior to Jones leaving.
4. Wasn't part of the strongest defence outwith the OF next to Jones - even with the unreliable Makalamby behind him.
5.Wasn't part of our best defensive run with Sol Bamba.
6. Hadn't survived 4 managers, and been a major player for the last 3.

But apart from that, he's clearly pish.

Prawn Sandwich
03-10-2010, 01:03 PM

4. Wasn't part of the strongest defence outwith the OF next to Jones - even with the unreliable Makalamby behind him.

:top marks

loanheadhibby
03-10-2010, 01:42 PM

7 - Been a main stay of a team that has continually under acheived and finished an average of 6th in league and knocked out every cup by inferior teams since the league cup was won.

Hopefully away back middlesbrough.

1875 NO 1
03-10-2010, 02:35 PM
Where is he ????
anyone spotted him?

allegedly last spotted going into yogi's office to raise the concerns that the players had. Perhaps he was told that he won't play again.

hibee4life1983
03-10-2010, 03:19 PM
Hes pash, who cares! Im more concerned about the player that should be captain, ian murray, whats wrong with him? He was supposed to be back from 'injury' last week!

hibee4life1983
03-10-2010, 03:21 PM
Im starting to wonder if 'injury' is a holliday destination just outside turkey!

Baldy Foghorn
03-10-2010, 03:26 PM
Hes pash, who cares! Im more concerned about the player that should be captain, ian murray, whats wrong with him? He was supposed to be back from 'injury' last week!

Is IM really captain material?? Quiet on the pitch?? Injury prone at times..........

(((Fergus)))
03-10-2010, 03:35 PM
Is IM really captain material?? Quiet on the pitch?? Injury prone at times..........

:agree: Derek Riordan should captain Hibs.

Baldy Foghorn
03-10-2010, 03:42 PM
:agree: Derek Riordan should captain Hibs.

Maybe Yogi wants to be Manager and Captain at same time, as he does the most shouting during games?:confused:

OtterHibee
03-10-2010, 03:57 PM
In these days where player loyalty rarely happens, I like the fact that Hogg has stayed at Hibs for so long and always gives 100%.

:agree:

Yes, he has his limitations as a player, but remember he has been player of the season for us in the past so cant be as bad as some people are now saying.

:agree: See 500miles' post above.

My feeling is that the drop in form was mainly because last season we didnt have good left and right backs so he had to cover for that deficiecy in the team.

Partially.

It was Yogis mistake making him Captain.

Sorry, I don't buy this train of thought whatsoever.

When Jones left we had two options for the captaincy: Hogg and Ian Murray. We do not have an outstanding leader at the club. That has been the case for some time. That said, these two are the best we have and are rightfully club captain and vice-captain.

Now given that Chris:

Had been Jones' vice-captain for a couple of years, and had proved himself more than capable of taking on the captaincy when asked to stand in.
Had rightfully been voted player of the year in successive seasons due to his consistency and strong performances throughout both terms.
Is the longest serving player at the club (leaving aside the fact that Murray and Riordan are in their second spells at the club).
Has never given any less than his all.
Leads by example.
Works and interacts well with younger players.
Is a consummate professional with an excellent attitude.
Has earned widespread respect from within the club.
Has a good relationship with the support (on his part anyway).
Is articulate and handles the press well.
Has a genuine affinity for the club.
Is an exceptional ambassador for Hibernian FC.

Going on the basis of that lot, was it really a mistake appointing him as captain at that time? If it hadn't been Hughes, another manager would have had to make the same decision with the same criteria to consider, and I am pretty certain he would have come to the same conclusion.

On the field, he and Murray are very similar, leadership wise, and as far as I am concerned the only thing Ian has over Hogg lies in his boyhood allegiance. Neither are shouters nor particularly vocal (though I'd argue Chris is the more vocal of the two), both give everything they've got for the club, and both are solid, reliable players with their fair share of limitations. Murray though, is prone to both injuries and suspensions, a factor not shared by Hogg. Murray has also held the armband previously, before taking his little sabbatical through the West and annoying more than a few Hibs supporters in the process. On the other hand, you have Hogg, who has never in any way disrespected the club and has been an ever constant presence in the squad since arriving in 2005. With very little to choose between the two, I am wholly satisfied, that the correct and more deserving man was made captain and understand exactly why Chris would have felt somewhat aggrieved had he been overlooked.

It has been acknowledged by those within the club that Chris fulfils his role as captain excellently behind the scenes. That should be a reminder that the captaincy is not solely hinged on what that particular player does on a matchday, but is more comprehensive than many supporters care to appreciate. Besides if our team was a cohesive unit between which strong bonds existed and players were willing to work for each other and take responsibility, the captain's role on a Saturday (or Sunday) would likely be highlighted far less.

500miles
03-10-2010, 04:06 PM
7 - Been a main stay of a team that has continually under acheived and finished an average of 6th in league and knocked out every cup by inferior teams since the league cup was won.

Hopefully away back middlesbrough.

Can apply that to Liam Miller and Sol Bamba as well. They must be terrible.

hibee_girl
03-10-2010, 04:06 PM

:top marks

hibee_always
03-10-2010, 05:10 PM
Dropping him has proved what????? If you have a look at the games he has missed and our results without him in the team over the past 2 seasons the stats speak for themselves...

lEXO
03-10-2010, 05:35 PM
Who cares?

A few on here do obviously.Lets face it he was getting a lot of the blame for his part in our bad run.Since he,s been dropped if anything it,s got worse.So aye i do care where our captain is, when we are getting humped everyweek and our manager is slavering nonsense again.

Hibby D
03-10-2010, 05:50 PM

Partially.

When Jones left we had two options for the captaincy: Hogg and Ian Murray. We do not have an outstanding leader at the club. That has been the case for some time. That said, these two are the best we have and are rightfully club captain and vice-captain.

Now given that Chris:

Had been Jones' vice-captain for a couple of years, and had proved himself more than capable of taking on the captaincy when asked to stand in.

Had rightfully been voted player of the year in successive seasons due to his consistency and strong performances throughout both terms.

Is the longest serving player at the club (leaving aside the fact that Murray and Riordan are in their second spells at the club).

Leads by example.

Going on the basis of that lot, was it really a mistake appointing him as captain at that time? If it hadn't been Hughes, another manager would have had to make the same decision with the same criteria to consider, and I am pretty certain he would have come to the same conclusion.

On the field, he and Murray are very similar, leadership wise, and as far as I am concerned the only thing Ian has over Hogg lies in his boyhood allegiance. Neither are shouters nor particularly vocal (though I'd argue Chris is the more vocal of the two), both give everything they've got for the club, and both are solid, reliable players with their fair share of limitations. Murray though, is prone to both injuries and suspensions, a factor not shared by Hogg. Murray has also held the armband previously, before taking his little sabbatical through the West and annoying more than a few Hibs supporters in the process. On the other hand, you have Hogg, who has never in any way disrespected the club and has been an ever constant presence in the squad since arriving in 2005. With very little to choose between the two, I am wholly satisfied, that the correct and more deserving man was made captain and understand exactly why Chris would have felt somewhat aggrieved had he been overlooked.

It has been acknowledged by those within the club that Chris fulfils his role as captain excellently behind the scenes. That should be a reminder that the captaincy is not solely hinged on what that particular player does on a matchday, but is more comprehensive than many supporters care to appreciate. Besides if our team was a cohesive unit between which strong bonds existed and players were willing to work for each other and take responsibility, the captain's role on a Saturday (or Sunday) would likely be highlighted far less.

Great post :top marks

Who cares?

Obviously several people do - :rolleyes:

Albion Hibs
03-10-2010, 06:01 PM
You could not write this - Hibs Net down to a tee.

The amount of people that hammered Hogg, Murray and the rest on here over the past 4-5 weeks was ridiculous, now all of a sudden we are thinking, in some quarters, he should be back in the team - we have an obsession on here with thinking everything is going to be the next best thing, regardless if the current works more than well.

For me when all is said and done I would be of the opinion to put Hogg back in with Hanlon or Grounds, with Murray at LB.

The problem is we have a team of centre halves.

Riordans Boots
03-10-2010, 06:01 PM

Partially.

Now given that Chris:

Leads by example.

Top post :top marks

Hiber-nation
03-10-2010, 06:55 PM
They're obviously in the same bracket as Yogi on the intellgence front then :rolleyes:

Far too many folk like you on this board nowadays.

marinello59
03-10-2010, 06:59 PM
They're obviously in the same bracket as Yogi on the intellgence front then :rolleyes:

Any need for that? Dearie me. :bitchy:

Removed
03-10-2010, 07:03 PM

:bitchy:

whiskyhibby
03-10-2010, 08:21 PM
Well I think so or I wouldn't have said it.Hogg was a major part of our defensive problems.Yogi is thick.Yogi stuck with Hogg for reasons I can only guess at.Anyone who tries to make a case for Hogg's inclusion in the team is bracketed with Yogi as far as I'm concerned.I've had it with him and his ineptitude.Hibs are a big part of my life and that clown's spoiling it.

:jamboid::jamboak:

500miles
03-10-2010, 08:22 PM
Well I think so or I wouldn't have said it.Hogg was a major part of our defensive problems.Yogi is thick.Yogi stuck with Hogg for reasons I can only guess at.Anyone who tries to make a case for Hogg's inclusion in the team is bracketed with Yogi as far as I'm concerned.I've had it with him and his ineptitude.Hibs are a big part of my life and that clown's spoiling it.

I smell blooded turd.

Mikey
03-10-2010, 08:23 PM
:jamboid::jamboak:

I smell blooded turd.

Better luck next time chaps :wink:

Hibercelona
03-10-2010, 08:27 PM
Better luck next time chaps :wink:

They try far too hard these days.

They need to sit back and relax and let the fishes come to them... :fishin:

lEXO
03-10-2010, 09:37 PM

So anybody,s opinion that differs from yours lacks intelligence then?We are still losing silly goals at the back and if Hogg was the major problem, why is it still happening?
Or is it ok to slag off our players and manager, but not ok to ask why these problems are still happening when the alleged problem is dropped?Not to much to ask i think.

Mr Jolly
04-10-2010, 10:24 AM

Very true mate. Hogg was not the worst performer by a long shot. I think Bamba has been worse but you cant criticise the guy on here or you get banned!

blackpoolhibs
04-10-2010, 10:32 AM
Very true mate. Hogg was not the worst performer by a long shot. I think Bamba has been worse but you cant criticise the guy on here or you get banned!

:faf::faf::faf: I'm sure you actually believe that too. :faf::faf:

marinello59
04-10-2010, 11:36 AM

Really?

Phil MaGlass
04-10-2010, 11:41 AM

I was also of the idea that a player doesnt go bad over night I just thought the captains armband was too much of an ask for him.
He is a good footballer,Hibs fans (myself included) are pretty fickle. We need to see improvements and a passionate inset, lets hope he plays soon,we definitely need him.

ForeverHibs93
04-10-2010, 11:59 AM
Far too many folk like you on this board nowadays.