PDA

View Full Version : I know who I want!!!

Leithenhibby
02-10-2010, 11:20 PM
Gordon Chisholm... :cool2: NUFF SAID..

RickyS
02-10-2010, 11:22 PM

if he had stayed at QOS he may have been in the running for any SPL job

nic81
02-10-2010, 11:23 PM
Nope not for me!!

Leithenhibby
02-10-2010, 11:30 PM
I suppose this is the time when all sorts will be flying around and I just hope that we can bring in someone that will make that difference.. It's been too long for a club like us to be as bad as we are :grr:

The board of Directors MUST be thinking, "who can we bring in to rectifier this mess ASAP", they must be!! :bitchy:

NOLA
02-10-2010, 11:59 PM

hope yor being sarcastic:wink: he's done well since going to dundee right enough.

Bishop Hibee
03-10-2010, 12:01 AM
No.

DH1875
03-10-2010, 12:13 AM

Please tell me your having a laugh.

500miles
03-10-2010, 01:34 AM
Jim Gannon. Edinburgh is a great City, and somewhere perhaps he could be happy to bring his family to live. This was what forced him to leave the Posh, and possibly cast shadow over his time at Motherwell.

He believes in playing football the right way - crucial for any successful Hibs manager. He also has faith in young players, ideal considering the number we have ready to get a chance after Christmas.

However, it would all be dependant on him being able to reconcile his work with his personal affairs.

CraigHibee
03-10-2010, 03:43 AM

another ex player???

not going to work!
:bitchy:

bigwheel
03-10-2010, 06:57 AM
Jim Gannon. Edinburgh is a great City, and somewhere perhaps he could be happy to bring his family to live. This was what forced him to leave the Posh, and possibly cast shadow over his time at Motherwell.

He believes in playing football the right way - crucial for any successful Hibs manager. He also has faith in young players, ideal considering the number we have ready to get a chance after Christmas.

However, it would all be dependant on him being able to reconcile his work with his personal affairs.

Er.....and he managed to alienate himself from his players, staff, the refs and other spl managers....no thanks. He would be murder.

BT58
03-10-2010, 07:04 AM
Wee gordon strachan may be looking
for a job soon
LOL

lapsedhibee
03-10-2010, 07:35 AM

Prefer to see what the bookies have to say before making up my mind on him.

Leithenhibby
03-10-2010, 08:36 AM

Didn't think he did particularly well, at Well. And for that reason "I'm out" :wink:

Ed De Gramo
03-10-2010, 10:12 AM

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

What have you seen that others haven't......he's honkin'

Leithenhibby
03-10-2010, 10:21 AM
:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

What have you seen that others haven't......he's honkin'

No that funny :wink: but everyone to there own.... :greengrin

He did a cracking job at QoS and is not exactly doing a bad job at Dundee under extremely difficult circumstances...

We get beat next week and you will really see names getting mentioned that you wouldn't touch with a big stick... careful what you wish for :greengrin

jdships
03-10-2010, 10:23 AM
another ex player???

not going to work!
:bitchy:

:thumbsup::top marks

For once can we not raise our sights a bit higher and go for a mature,experienced manager ?
We as supporters ,surely desrve that - don't we ?
As do the players
How long is it since we had someone in the "hot seat" that had a proven "track record" in management ?

:flag:

Ed De Gramo
03-10-2010, 10:25 AM
No that funny :wink: but everyone to there own.... :greengrin

He did a cracking job at QoS and is not exactly doing a bad job at Dundee under extremely difficult circumstances...

We get beat next week and you will really see names getting mentioned that you wouldn't touch with a big stick... careful what you wish for :greengrin

Dundee were going places with Jocky Scott....he gets punted in favour of Chisholm and they start going downhill.

I do see his name being mentioned by the press as a replacement but i'd like to hope that the board have a bit more ambition than Chisholm

Ryan69
03-10-2010, 10:28 AM
Id like to see Yogi Bear given a chance....He cant be as incompetant as Yogi Hughes anyway!

Just noticed too,we got beat 2-0 against rubbish,and for some crazy reason didnt even make any substitutions...... :bye::bye::taxi :bye::bye:

Gus
03-10-2010, 10:28 AM
Kelly Brook :agree:

Petrie's Tache
03-10-2010, 10:30 AM
luggy.....:thumbsup:

Ed De Gramo
03-10-2010, 10:31 AM
Id like to see Yogi Bear given a chance....He cant be as incompetant as Yogi Hughes anyway!

Just noticed too,we got beat 2-0 against rubbish,and for some crazy reason didnt even make any substitutions...... :bye::bye::taxi :bye::bye:

a bit harsh on St Johnstone

Leithenhibby
03-10-2010, 10:37 AM
Dundee were going places with Jocky Scott....he gets punted in favour of Chisholm and they start going downhill.

I do see his name being mentioned by the press as a replacement but i'd like to hope that the board have a bit more ambition than Chisholm

I agree, but we will never push the boat out as far as a new manager is concerned :agree: We never have before, so not happening now, IMO...

I would like someone with more experience than Chisholm, but the sad fact of the matter is, is that he is the type of manager at our level :boo hoo:

Mr Jolly
03-10-2010, 10:39 AM

Why is this so important ?? Whats the use of tip tapping the ball around and getting knowhere? I want hibs to be difficult to beat and be big and strong and most importantly win games in any manner possible !

Ritchie
03-10-2010, 10:42 AM

Now we are talking!

Jocky Scott please :agree:

500miles
03-10-2010, 10:46 AM
Er.....and he managed to alienate himself from his players, staff, the refs and other spl managers....no thanks. He would be murder.

Manager of the month awards, only beaten by us - while blooding a lot of youngsters too. Then went to the Posh and won more games in 11 goes than they had done in the previous 28? That was of course, after being hugely popular at Stockport county.

And who knows, not being separeted from his family may settle him a bit. He's put noses out of joint everywhere he's gone, but he's always got results.

JC managed to alienate AT LEAST 1 playing staff. People seem awful keen for him to come back. The problem was, he put good players noses out of joint, and couldn't replace them with decent quality players who would take on board his ideals.

Gannon managed to find a lot of talented youngsters who wanted to play in those ideals. The only players I heard really complaining at Motherwell were the ones who thought they were in with the bricks.

500miles
03-10-2010, 10:57 AM
Why is this so important ?? Whats the use of tip tapping the ball around and getting knowhere? I want hibs to be difficult to beat and be big and strong and most importantly win games in any manner possible !

It must be pretty important - Alex Miller, won a trophy and put together a couple of entertaining sides, but still gets slated because of a number of boring teams. Aye, I know there was that run against Hearts, but when they talk about thier collection of draws, I don't get that fussed. He also steered us through a time when we could have gone to the wall.

Bobby Williamson - i remember when we won 3 games on the trot. Going to Easter Road still felt like a chore, even then. I don't even get the feeling now.

Mixu - the football wasn't good. That said, I would put a lot of that down to circumstance, and I would have given him more time. He was a young manager, keeping the team steady while our best young players were leaving, and we preparing for investment off the pitch. Yes, he got a decent backing from the board, and for the most part, I think he spent wisely, but he couldn't replace what we had with what he got. Zemmama wasn't available for him, and we STILL need him to tick. Has gone to a Killie team with nothing, and seems to be getting them on the right track, with some players who entertain - ie. Eremenko. The fans pushed him out, and should be totally ashamed.

Mr Jolly
03-10-2010, 11:09 AM
It must be pretty important - Alex Miller, won a trophy and put together a couple of entertaining sides, but still gets slated because of a number of boring teams. Aye, I know there was that run against Hearts, but when they talk about thier collection of draws, I don't get that fussed. He also steered us through a time when we could have gone to the wall.

Bobby Williamson - i remember when we won 3 games on the trot. Going to Easter Road still felt like a chore, even then. I don't even get the feeling now.

Mixu - the football wasn't good. That said, I would put a lot of that down to circumstance, and I would have given him more time. He was a young manager, keeping the team steady while our best young players were leaving, and we preparing for investment off the pitch. Yes, he got a decent backing from the board, and for the most part, I think he spent wisely, but he couldn't replace what we had with what he got. Zemmama wasn't available for him, and we STILL need him to tick. Has gone to a Killie team with nothing, and seems to be getting them on the right track, with some players who entertain - ie. Eremenko. The fans pushed him out, and should be totally ashamed.

Well I agree with most of the above and I certainly don't want to watch boring football but some fans seem to want pure football, which is never going to happen at Hibs. We need to play good football, yes but still be able to win ugly if required. Yogi was a big hardy guy and a character and I find it strange his team is so weak.

Leithenhibby
03-10-2010, 11:20 AM
Well I agree with most of the above and I certainly don't want to watch boring football but some fans seem to want pure football, which is never going to happen at Hibs. We need to play good football, yes but still be able to win ugly if required. Yogi was a big hardy guy and a character and I find it strange his team is so weak.

It's a strange one!! every time we have a manager that's not getting the results the fans anger / frustrations just gathers pace, and before you know it everyone is demanding change... :confused: We can't change it every time we lose a string of games...

This is a toughie for me, and I'm sure the board and fans are also scratching their heads. :rolleyes:

Walter
03-10-2010, 11:24 AM
Gus Machpherson - at least we wouldnt go down under him

PISTOL1875
03-10-2010, 11:26 AM

I am often left wondering about that as well. My angle is that when you watched Hughes as a player , he was a no-nonsense old fashioned center half.. He would take bodies if it meant getting to the ball but what baffles me is that why is his team so a bunch of softies?? especially in midfield ???

.Sean.
03-10-2010, 12:27 PM
Now we are talking!

That's what ehm talkin' aboot!!! :greengrin

Zorro
03-10-2010, 12:45 PM
Now we are talking!

Please no...just the very idea of him at Hibs makes me shiver to the very core.

Leithenhibby
03-10-2010, 03:15 PM
Please no...just the very idea of him at Hibs makes me shiver to the very core.

:agree: I HATE that ****er, like nothing else on this earth... Please no.