PDA

View Full Version : Question Derby on NY Day

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-09-2010, 10:47 PM
I assume there will be a gathering in Quinns?

Wing Half
04-10-2010, 04:41 PM
Hope so - I was on my todd with all of London Hearts one year. Scary!

wpj
09-10-2010, 09:05 AM
I assume there will be a gathering in Quinns?

I reckon there will be a few folk there, i'll certainly make the effort if there is a half decent tube service

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-10-2010, 08:23 AM
I know i shouldn't be bothered, but, does anyone know of anywhere decent to watch the OF Game on the 2nd? I'd like to sit in the corner and watch the friendly banter! ;-)

wpj
19-10-2010, 06:16 PM
I know i shouldn't be bothered, but, does anyone know of anywhere decent to watch the OF Game on the 2nd? I'd like to sit in the corner and watch the friendly banter! ;-)

I reckon most pubs will show it, there are of course celtc and hun pubs (avoid the cock tavern at smithfields, the most hunish place i have had the misfortune to end up in!!), if we win I may still be in Quinns :greengrin

Has the menu been decided for the derby game yet?

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-10-2010, 03:52 PM
Cock Tavern, quite an apt name! is that the pub thats down the stairs at the meat market? quality breakfasts so I hear!

London Hibs Supporters Club
29-10-2010, 04:20 PM
Has the menu been decided for the derby game yet?

That's an extremely good point that you raise, and after consultation with Mikey Prior, the chef has agreed to lay on some French cuisine...

To begin, duck foie gras, which when perfectly made, should be a comfortable tranche. The flavours should have a seepy, fat, rich, bland depth, with the texture of the finest satin sheets.

For main course, we've opted for 'muttony' lamb cutlets. Much older, much rounder than Spring lamb, served with a sophisticated red wine and redcurrant jus.

Given that this is an afternoon kick-off, this should be effortless food for the chef and his team, and they can duly give that added attention to detail that is all part of the Quinn's experience, where the service is usually French: that is, occasionally effusive, often deaf and sometimes absent.

lyonhibs
29-10-2010, 05:50 PM
That's an extremely good point that you raise, and after consultation with Mikey Prior, the chef has agreed to lay on some French cuisine...

To begin, duck foie gras, which when perfectly made, should be a comfortable tranche. The flavours should have a seepy, fat, rich, bland depth, with the texture of the finest satin sheets.

For main course, we've opted for 'muttony' lamb cutlets. Much older, much rounder than Spring lamb, served with a sophisticated red wine and redcurrant jus.

Given that this is an afternoon kick-off, this should be effortless food for the chef and his team, and they can duly give that added attention to detail that is all part of the Quinn's experience, where the service is usually French: that is, occasionally effusive, often deaf and sometimes absent.

:faf::faf: :thumbsup:

I'll be up north at Tynie for this, however I'll be there for the upcoming derby, with 10 of my finest British pounds to join up.

wpj
31-10-2010, 12:12 PM
Cock Tavern, quite an apt name! is that the pub thats down the stairs at the meat market? quality breakfasts so I hear!

That's the one, bet the brekkie isn't eggs benedict!!

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-12-2010, 04:07 PM

Will there be any seasonal offerings on the menu as Quinns is without doubt a Camden Borough culinary delight! If not, leftovers from NY's Eve will do!

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-12-2010, 12:29 AM
Is it an 1100 opening for NY Day?