PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading to an iphone with 12 months still to run on a contract

hibee1875
27-09-2010, 07:53 PM
Anyone no if this is possible? I'd even be willing to pay, obv not well over the odds. I'm with o2, been with them for 10 years or so. Think they'd be so kind?

Removed
27-09-2010, 07:55 PM
Anyone no if this is possible? I'd even be willing to pay, obv not well over the odds. I'm with o2, been with them for 10 years or so. Think they'd be so kind?

An upgrade :confused:

Android is the way forward :agree:

hibee1875
27-09-2010, 07:56 PM
whats so special about one of them? Is it possible though?

Removed
27-09-2010, 08:01 PM
whats so special about one of them? Is it possible though?

Piss all over an iPhone imo. Don't buy the apple hype.

No idea about your contract. Plenty on here who will give you the detail you need though. Sure they will be along soon.

stevensons-fan
27-09-2010, 08:42 PM

You would need to pay out the remainder of your contract and then purchase the iPhone so it would be pretty costly. I looked into this with my contract but in the end decided to wait and when I was due an upgrade I got the phone for 30quid and on a 35quid a month contract (I'm with Orange btw). I would probably say you are best just waiting because it will be pretty expensive unless you are willing to pay a lot! Give them a call though :agree:

hibee1875
27-09-2010, 09:17 PM
You would need to pay out the remainder of your contract and then purchase the iPhone so it would be pretty costly. I looked into this with my contract but in the end decided to wait and when I was due an upgrade I got the phone for 30quid and on a 35quid a month contract (I'm with Orange btw). I would probably say you are best just waiting because it will be pretty expensive unless you are willing to pay a lot! Give them a call though :agree:

cheers, i might pop in and see what they say. I've recently just moved flat and the area im now in has limited/virtually none o2 signal, reckon I cud cancel my contract on those grounds?

Antifa Hibs
27-09-2010, 10:52 PM
iPhone :faf:

Wait a few weeks or month or two for the HTC Desire HD :wink:

Hibs90
28-09-2010, 11:52 AM
Got the iPhone and highly recommend it. Also used the HTC Desire and it's pish, quite frankly.

Ritchie
28-09-2010, 12:22 PM
dont listen to all these andriod lovers... the iPhone is far superior.

HTC's are terrible. used a few of them.

back to your original question.... i was with O2 for years, they wont do you any favours.

you'll have to buy out of your contract and then buy the iPhone.

i had about 4 months left on my O2 contract so i put it down to the lowest tariff and went and got an iPhone on Vodafone.

meant i had to pay £12 a month for the last 4 months but was worth it to get my iPhone.

WeAreHibs
28-09-2010, 12:30 PM
http://www.pimpyourdroid.com/images/24f59bbdc12812d233c8f6b75d694ec4piss-on-apple-black-xdock.jpeg

Wembley67
28-09-2010, 12:35 PM
Got the iPhone and highly recommend it. Also used the HTC Desire and it's pish, quite frankly.

dont listen to all these andriod lovers... the iPhone is far superior.

HTC's are terrible. used a few of them.

back to your original question.... i was with O2 for years, they wont do you any favours.

you'll have to buy out of your contract and then buy the iPhone.

i had about 4 months left on my O2 contract so i put it down to the lowest tariff and went and got an iPhone on Vodafone.

meant i had to pay £12 a month for the last 4 months but was worth it to get my iPhone.

Mon then, gimme the justification why the iphone is better than the HTC Desire...

I'm due an upgrade soon and I'm struggling to see why the iphone is so good.

Antifa Hibs
28-09-2010, 01:00 PM
Mon then, gimme the justification why the iphone is better than the HTC Desire...

I'm due an upgrade soon and I'm struggling to see why the iphone is so good.

I've currently got the oldest Android out, its now a banger, had it for 22 months now. Went up town on Sunday, along every mobile shop in Princess Street, almost everyone said I should go for the HTC Desire, or wait for the HTC Desire HD.

The iPhone is good, granted, but its not as special as everyone makes out. Like most Apple products, Apple market and hype there normal products very very well, and generally those that own them are sheep, own them cos there mate has one and they are kool. My mate has an ipod, daftie couldn't name 5 bands if he tried, yet he spent 200 quid on this thing cos its cool, a fashion accessory if you will :greengrin

Houchy
28-09-2010, 01:14 PM
My wife has an HTC Desire but I wouldn't go past my iPhone. I've had it about 6 months and still love it. The Mrs would probably say the same about her HTC (although she didn't like it when she first got it and thought about returning it within the cooling off period).

H18sry
28-09-2010, 01:59 PM
Ihave the Samsung Galaxy S and its a great phone :thumbsup:

WeAreHibs
28-09-2010, 02:11 PM
Here's something else that might help you -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7yD-0pqZg

Antifa Hibs
28-09-2010, 08:48 PM
Here's something else that might help you -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7yD-0pqZg

Something else that can help you :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHO9A9Zf5g8

WeAreHibs
29-09-2010, 05:17 AM
In there like swimwear:wink:

stu in nottingham
29-09-2010, 03:48 PM
Interested in this debate so thanks for the info guys. Are we necessarily comparing like with like though? I've been doing the tortuous trawl through various deals on the web for the HTC Desire (and now the HD version due out on 11 Oct) and it seems to me that contracts/price to buy if applicable are generally cheaper for the HTC handset than for the iphone?

I'd have no problem owning the Apple product but it seems to me that I'd need to pay at least an extra fiver a month (or pay a substantial sum for the handset).

Ed De Gramo
29-09-2010, 04:19 PM
Piss all over an iPhone imo. Don't buy the apple hype.

No idea about your contract. Plenty on here who will give you the detail you need though. Sure they will be along soon.

Behave :greengrin

iPhone FTW!

Removed
29-09-2010, 08:18 PM
Behave :greengrin

iPhone FTW!

Gramo's got an iphone. I rest my case :greengrin