PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Kilmarnock 3 v Hibs 1 (And Other Games Tonight)

Pages : 1 2 [3]

sambajustice
22-09-2010, 09:08 PM
:confused:If anyone's not used to this by now, then more fool them!

The Jambos were rightly tossed out because they're crap., but why do we have to follow?

:grr:This is our cup ( just as hard to win as the rest) and there's no way we should be be putting up with not winning it. Put up with the crap week after week if you want but I've had enough. Given our directors, I've no idea what to do, but we've a poor manager, so that might be a clue. We've a healthy balance sheet. so that might be a clue. We've three class players ( Deeks, Murray and Wothers). We just need five to be permanent third!! We had four but what do the board do? Keep selling!! Can we please stop praising them. They remind me more of Gordon Brown every day. Useless money grabbers.

THis reeks of Yam Bam!

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-09-2010, 09:08 PM
Who gives a flying one about Liverpool!

SMAXXA
22-09-2010, 09:09 PM
We would have landed one early, tired and then got knocked out late on. :greengrin

Touche :thumbsup: But wouldntt be surpised! Any news on who it was?

ahibby
22-09-2010, 09:11 PM
Quite a lot of "what ifs" in there.

What if Yogi just is not up to it, plain and simple??

He got his 1st picks last summer, and they were good signings on decent wages. Yes, we've lost Stokes, and that's a big loss, but he's not getting his team firing on even 1 cylinder.

Why should the board back him to the hilt yet again?? Frankly, I think if - and it's a big if - what you hypothesise is true, that the board are keeping Yogi in the job but only giving him restricted backing, then they should just bite the bullet and sack him, for the good of his managerial reputation and - far more importantly - for the sake of our great football club.

They will only replace him with like. Yogi hasn't signed anything great for this season and lost our top goal scorer. Stephens isn't a regular in the Welsh U21, we hadn't heard of De Graf before and now we know why and Mike Hart well I was never a fan of his. It's not as though Yogi, Mixu or Collins were allowed to sign players that we were excited about. At least Mowbray was allowed to sign Zemama. Okay Mixu brought in Deeks who is a bit of a phenomenon but not the complete player. I feel this is leading to the conclusion that if these are the best we can do then should we bother at all, so I dearly hope that they are not the best we can do. If another manager can uncover gems that the board are willling to sanction then great.

ScottB
22-09-2010, 09:11 PM
I want to see the team play well first and foremost, and winning games playing like the Miller era wouldn't persuade me to renew my season ticket. The 'few results' got the reaction I expected. Remember 'WE' wanted Le God,and see how that turned out.

I never said I was defending Yogi, I'm being 'real' in that no club can progress if they change manager every 18 months or so.

See what I said above.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that ideally, we should be keeping a manage long term. However, that does not mean stick with anyone for 3 years rather than sack after 18 months. The teams in free fall, fighting him / each other / whoever in the dressing room tonight and generally lacking spirit, fight and fitness.

Another 18 months of this will not see us progress on any imaginable level.

steakbake
22-09-2010, 09:12 PM
Amen to that. JC potentially one of the best managers we could have had. Unfortunate that his sense of professionalism didnt take root.

broonie27
22-09-2010, 09:13 PM
Yogi's interview with BBC Scotland about to come on - apparently it's a blinder. Can't wait - hope he resign on air.

steakbake
22-09-2010, 09:17 PM
Hud on to your cringe muscles... He's on soon.

Littlest Hobo
22-09-2010, 09:19 PM
Cetainly getting harder to defend Yogi that's for sure.

He should have got his team organised before the end of last season or during pre-season. Instead he came back with the same old pish with Hogg the major protagonist still in his captains roll. Right their and then i knew Yogi was in trouble.

He finally saw the light after what can only be described as a horendous second half to last season..four wins in twenty six is the stuff of nightmares and he should have seen what most of us fans saw and started the ball rolling to make changes.

I was shocked when he finally dropped his captain but it looks like it's going to be too little too late.

Of the players he has brought in recently, none of them have hit the ground running as they say.

And none of them actually look any better than what we already have.

If yogi goes, he'll also leave us with two young potential stars (Hanlon & Wotherspoon) with their confidence in tatters by consistenly playing them in the wrong positions, and dropping them while sticking with some others who have been clearly not good enough for a long time (Hogg & Nish)

:taxi :taxi:taxi:taxi:taxi

johnbc70
22-09-2010, 09:20 PM
Ahhhhh canne fault the boys for their efforts, nooooooooooo

lyonhibs
22-09-2010, 09:20 PM
I want to see the team play well first and foremost, and winning games playing like the Miller era wouldn't persuade me to renew my season ticket. The 'few results' got the reaction I expected. Remember 'WE' wanted Le God,and see how that turned out.

I never said I was defending Yogi, I'm being 'real' in that no club can progress if they change manager every 18 months or so.

See what I said above.

The thing is, in principle, I agree with you, and if Yogi's record - especialy at home - had just been a bit better and performances were improving and some (any) of Yogi repeated haverings about the style and attitude he wants to see bore any fruit on the pitch then I wouldn't be calling for his head.

But - seriously - he may have had "only" 18 months, but that is more than enough to make it abundantly clear that he's not up to it.

As with Mixu and Sauzee before him, I grew up idolising Yogi as a kid, so it pains me to say it more than if it was some random manager, but he has simply got to go.

SMAXXA
22-09-2010, 09:21 PM
There it was "A real siege mentality" is whats required :grr:, interview regular as clockwork!

Davy Mac
22-09-2010, 09:22 PM
"The boys are absolutely gutted" GTF Yogi

Boring, Predictable..............

"The fitba guys know what we are trying to do" GTF Yogi

Boring and predictable.............

Deluded, he's off his heid............GTF Yogi

"Plenty to be proud of"...........GTF Yogi

steakbake
22-09-2010, 09:23 PM
Ridiculous. Total farce.

broonie27
22-09-2010, 09:23 PM
Why does Hughes bother turning up for interviews. He should just send in a pre-recorded message with all the same clichés and fatuous comment.

Hiber-nation
22-09-2010, 09:27 PM
What annoys me most about this pish is that he seems to think that if we do go 2 goals up its game over. Which as we all know is a million miles from reality.

Hibs On Tour
22-09-2010, 09:27 PM
I heard that the problem was that RP invited them for talks behind JCs back, after the players raised their issues direct with JC and he refused to discuss them. Most tv pundits were saying that they doubted JC would accept what had happened. That's what I heard. However JC is on record as saying that the board would not sign his first second and sometimes even his third choices. He said he was left with his 3rd, 4th or even 5th choices. He implied that's why he walked.

Fixed that for you. :agree:

SMAXXA
22-09-2010, 09:30 PM
What annoys me most about this pish is that he seems to think that if we do go 2 goals up its game over. Which as we all know is a million miles from reality.

Not so sure about that mate guess we can only judge it on Motherwell game this season, 3-1 up and held on so you just never know. Still recon if we went 2 up in our last 2 games we would have went onto win them but likewise its all if's and buts, What is a fact is we are toiling! :boo hoo:

RickyS
22-09-2010, 09:45 PM
"The boys are absolutely gutted" GTF Yogi

Boring, Predictable..............

"The fitba guys know what we are trying to do" GTF Yogi

Boring and predictable.............

Deluded, he's off his heid............GTF Yogi

"Plenty to be proud of"...........GTF Yogi

he used that one last week too, that sort of comment is up there with Nish's outburst. so basically anyone who doubts him is no a "real" football person:grr:

Fat Robbo hit the nail on the heid - "unfortunately for Yogi the natives are restless and as we all know this is a RESULTS BUSINESS

Unless you are John Hughes who can hide behind "trying to create a siege mentality" do we know when this is actually meant to start?

at least Mixu had the balls to mutually leave, your time has come and gone John, do the decent thing.