PDA

View Full Version : Mick McGhee RIP (funeral on Thu 30th)

Boris
19-09-2010, 01:48 AM
Details still sketchy at the moment but I'm sad to report that one of the best HIbbys there's ever been has passed away tonight - the legend that is wee Mick McGhee. I've just got hame & just had call from Drew his brother - gutted, mates since we were kids. I'll post more when I can.

magnificent_seven
19-09-2010, 01:55 AM
Rest in peace Mick. Sad to hear a good Hibby passing away.

mid calder hibbie
19-09-2010, 06:32 AM
RIP Mick....an absolute top Hibs man

Toaods
19-09-2010, 07:05 AM
Most know mike's health wasn't too good these last few years but anytime you met him you'd be greeted with that usual smile. RIP Texas.

New Corrie
19-09-2010, 07:15 AM
That is ever so sad, Mick was a Hibs legend (and a good crack) RIP Mick

Stantons Angel
19-09-2010, 07:29 AM
A good pal and a GREAT Hibby, a legend in his own time.

Known Mikey since he was a young lad and used to take him to away games on Maudes bus. Oh they had many an altercation and she will be so glad to see him again........

His health was bad recently but that didnt stop him watching his beloved HIBS. Just recovered from open heart surgery not long ago. He signed himself out the hospital so he could travel away to watch Hibs play. Put us all to shame he did!

I will miss you Mikey God bless you and the HIBS.

RIP pal.

Saorsa
19-09-2010, 07:40 AM
Known Mick over half my life, lived and breathed the Hibs, he did. Really sad news.

BT58
19-09-2010, 07:52 AM
Very sad news indeed
R.I.P MICK

Baldy Foghorn
19-09-2010, 08:05 AM
Brutal news, was wondering why Mick never text about the bus on Wednesday....

RIP wee man:boo hoo:

cabbageandribs1875
19-09-2010, 08:44 AM
truly gutted at this sad news RIP wee man:boo hoo: was a pleasure knowing him all those years

Iggy Pope
19-09-2010, 09:00 AM
A great wee character. Had some great blethers at some remote places as he went everywhere.
He seemed well when I spoke to him last week in the 4 in Hand when he filled me in about the 19s win over St Johnstone so this is sad, sad news.

RIP Mike.
Stevie

gobragh1875
19-09-2010, 09:27 AM
brought up wa mick in granton went ta school wa him granton and ainslie park a true hibby to the core live ate sleeped hibs wee man you will be missed

RIP mick

Tam

18/03/07
19-09-2010, 09:36 AM
He was well known by all staff at HFC,past and present.A guy that would not let anybody say a bad word about hibs at any age group.
RIP MIKE

Cod Boy
19-09-2010, 10:09 AM
very sad news mick was a good guy rest in peace mick

deek1875
19-09-2010, 10:38 AM
really sad news RIP wee man

Hibby D
19-09-2010, 10:58 AM
A great wee character. Had some great blethers at some remote places as he went everywhere.
He seemed well when I spoke to him last week in the 4 in Hand when he filled me in about the 19s win over St Johnstone so this is sad, sad news.

RIP Mike.
Stevie

The last time I saw him :agree: It shouldn't be forgotten how devoted he was to the U19's too. Mikey sat behind me and my family in the FF for years. Turned up at both my parents funerals, which was very touching.

RIP Mikey. ER will be a sadder place without you :agree:

hibbymac
19-09-2010, 11:21 AM
Really sad news, RIP Mike, a true Hibby.

Glory, Glory.

blackpoolhibs
19-09-2010, 11:26 AM
Sad news. :boo hoo:

offshorehibby
19-09-2010, 11:44 AM
Knew Mick for a lot of years, very sad news. RIP Mikey

Big90inOz
19-09-2010, 11:44 AM
Remember the man well :agree:
RIP

zitelli62
19-09-2010, 12:13 PM
very sad news rip mick, used to go to games with mick and colin last time i saw mick was a morrisons on ferry road wasnt looking to great but usual mick always smiling and talking about hibs.

will be sadly missed rip wee man hibs legend.

Twa Cairpets
19-09-2010, 02:02 PM
Really sad news - a real character and genuine Hibs legend

hibbiedon
19-09-2010, 04:35 PM
R.I.P, Great Hibs man and a smashing person we will miss you but never forget you

Glory Glory Wee Man

oconnors_strip
19-09-2010, 05:34 PM
im in total shock as just found out. going to the 19s game wont be the same without his banter:boo hoo:

rip mate

berwickhibee
19-09-2010, 06:17 PM
only met him in the last 3 or 4 years by attending 19`s games and popping in to the tor,never knew the man til then but within a few minutes he was talking to you like you were old pals,hibs ran through the wee mans veins.

You will be missed mick,RIP from the berwick bandit as you christened me.:boo hoo:

One Day
19-09-2010, 06:34 PM
Knew Mike since travelling on Maude's bus in early 70's, was at Wembley 1973. Saw him a couple of weeks ago at doctors in Boswall Parkway.

A very good Hibby

RIP Mike

cabbageandribs1875
19-09-2010, 06:46 PM
after asking boris, here's an old pic of mick, standing outside the BOS during the HOH year, for those who arent sure what he looked like he's the one in the green sweater http://i51.tinypic.com/333e9fq.jpg maybe others can fill in the blanks of the other guys ?? although i recognise andy jack(i think) 1st on the left, god bless ya wee man:agree:

matty_f
19-09-2010, 07:39 PM
Gutted to hear this, got to know Mick at the 19s games and he couldn't have been more Hibs daft.

RIP Mick.

Brooster
19-09-2010, 07:50 PM
RIP McGhee. He had green blood thats for sure.

carlos70
19-09-2010, 07:55 PM
after asking boris, here's an old pic of mick, standing outside the BOS during the HOH year, for those who arent sure what he looked like he's the one in the green sweater http://i51.tinypic.com/333e9fq.jpg maybe others can fill in the blanks of the other guys ?? although i recognise andy jack(i think) 1st on the left, god bless ya wee man:agree:

A bad weekend just got a million times worse. Very sad news about Mick. FYI the pic consists of: L-R Andy Jack, Gordon Carter, Mick and a good mate of his, Jimi Lothian. RIP Mate

Zondervan
19-09-2010, 08:05 PM
Seen him at more or less every away game I have been at.

Remember the night after a Motherwell game that he ended up with us in Cleland. He missed the last train due to being blootered, and my mate Jimmy Egan had to get one of his mates to drive him home to Edinburgh.

RIP Mick.

w.connectionfc
19-09-2010, 08:50 PM
first met mick many many years ago in peterhead during a highland tour the reserves were on, he introduced himself and informed me he was skint and needed a lift back down the road to Edinburgh, how could i refuse a fellow hibby , trouble was the car was already full so we all squeezed up to accommodate him, to make things worse he took his shoes off and i think they hadn't been off since he left Edinburgh the week before, after a lot of moaning from the other occupants in the car he put them back on

joking aside , rest in peace wee man , you,ll be missed

Bahrain Hibee
19-09-2010, 09:22 PM
RIP Mikey!
As many have said before .... a true Hibernian!
Lots of memories of Mike, none more so that a car journey north (in a Skoda!!!) to see Inverness ??? v Hibs in the days before they they were a merged team.
Mike had a bad pie on the way up and honked it all over the back of oor driver Paul!!!! It left us all wishing we were back on Maudes bus!!!!

FranckSuzy
19-09-2010, 09:34 PM
Seen him at more or less every away game I have been at.

Remember the night after a Motherwell game that he ended up with us in Cleland. He missed the last train due to being blootered, and my mate Jimmy Egan had to get one of his mates to drive him home to Edinburgh.

RIP Mick.

Didn't know Mike but always sad to hear of a good Hibby passing. RIP.

Re the bit in bold, I know that mentalist! :greengrin How's he doing? Good pal of my big bro's.

Jonnyboy
19-09-2010, 09:48 PM
I've known Mikey McGhee for many a long year and I can honestly say I never noticed him change one bit when it came to the Hibs. We all love a moan and groan on here when things are not going well but wee McGhee has been there through much thin and a little thick.

Mikey had a wonderful command of the English language ..... well sort of! Any sentence he uttered was peppered with swear words, some of which I'd never heard before and the last time I spoke with him was at the recent U19's game against St. Johnstone when he laughed and joked his way through the first hour of the game.

A 100% Hibby who will be sadly missed

Rip wee man

Toaods
19-09-2010, 09:54 PM
You will be missed mick,RIP from the berwick bandit as you christened me.:boo hoo:

Mike attended the speedway when the Monarchs opened at Powderhall in 1977 so that's where he would have got that from. I recall a few away matches in his company then, he enjoyed teh speedway but nothing was ever strong enought ot deflect him from the HIbs for very long.

A bad weekend just got a million times worse. Very sad news about Mick. FYI the pic consists of: L-R Andy Jack, Gordon Carter, Mick and a good mate of his, Jimi Lothian. RIP Mate

Jimmy is IIRC a relation, cousin or bro-in-law I think. Not seen him for a while though.

Some good stories already, Mike really was a card...:thumbsup:

Boris
19-09-2010, 10:13 PM
Jimmy is IIRC a relation, cousin or bro-in-law I think. Not seen him for a while though.

Some good stories already, Mike really was a card...:thumbsup:

Jimmy Lothian is indeed Mick's cousin. Not seen him about for a bit but he still gos to home games & I think he drinks in the Tor these days on matchdays.

Like you say, some great McGhee tales. What about getting some of them down on this thread in his memory?

One of my favourites stems back to when John Blackley was manager. Mick would often get a lift on the team bus to midweek away reserve fixtures. On the way to one reserve game at Aberdeen the bus stopped in Stonehaven where the players were booked in for a pre-match meal. Mick was skint - as usual! - so was just hanging about the hotel waiting to get back on the bus. Couple of the young reserve players spotted him sitting around so invited him into the dining room. Players sat their with their beans on toast, egg on toast, etc. Empty seat at top of table with big steak & chips set in front of it. Get stuck in Mick was told. So he did. Two minutes later in walks John Blackley - he'd been away taking a phone call in these pre-mobile days - the steak was his! Blackley went daft & chased MIck out the room! Still let him back on the bus though & MIck actually ended up sitting on the bench that night!:greengrin

GORDONSMITH7
20-09-2010, 10:05 AM
Quality guy.

BIG G

IFONLY
20-09-2010, 10:21 AM
A really true Hibby who will be sadly missed. He bled Hibs. His affinity to Hibs was second to none. They broke the mould when he was born. God bless.

Cod Boy
20-09-2010, 10:26 AM
Jimmy Lothian is indeed Mick's cousin. Not seen him about for a bit but he still gos to home games & I think he drinks in the Tor these days on matchdays.

Like you say, some great McGhee tales. What about getting some of them down on this thread in his memory?

One of my favourites stems back to when John Blackley was manager. Mick would often get a lift on the team bus to midweek away reserve fixtures. On the way to one reserve game at Aberdeen the bus stopped in Stonehaven where the players were booked in for a pre-match meal. Mick was skint - as usual! - so was just hanging about the hotel waiting to get back on the bus. Couple of the young reserve players spotted him sitting around so invited him into the dining room. Players sat their with their beans on toast, egg on toast, etc. Empty seat at top of table with big steak & chips set in front of it. Get stuck in Mick was told. So he did. Two minutes later in walks John Blackley - he'd been away taking a phone call in these pre-mobile days - the steak was his! Blackley went daft & chased MIck out the room! Still let him back on the bus though & MIck actually ended up sitting on the bench that night!:greengrin

i remember mark currie from my work was in the reserve team at the time telling us that story very funny

Jonnyboy
20-09-2010, 10:53 AM
Was in Mikey's company for the U19's game at East Mains and we had a wee laugh when the Hibs physio had to treat an injured player. The physio is a young lassie and Mikey said in his usual style of delivery "Ah think ah'll ******* faw over huddin ma ******* groin to see if ah kin ******* get her tae take a wee ******* look" :greengrin

He also told me that in the early days of East Mains he was made aware of a closed doors match and so he set off from home on a 90 minute bus journey to take in the game. On arrival at EM he was approached by a club official who told him he'd been spotted on the close circuit TV and that the manager had instructed he be asked to leave. In Mikey's own words "Ah couldnae ******* believe it! 90 minutes on ******* buses and then telt tae sling ma ******* hook. Ah felt like ******* phonin Petrie and tellin the **** he'd nae right tae ask me tae ******* leave."

I'll miss his witty repartee :greengrin

offshorehibby
20-09-2010, 11:08 AM
I would appreciate if anybody hears about the funeral to let me know.

Hibby D
20-09-2010, 11:12 AM
Was in Mikey's company for the U19's game at East Mains and we had a wee laugh when the Hibs physio had to treat an injured player. The physio is a young lassie and Mikey said in his usual style of delivery "Ah think ah'll ******* faw over huddin ma ******* groin to see if ah kin ******* get her tae take a wee ******* look" :greengrin

He also told me that in the early days of East Mains he was made aware of a closed doors match and so he set off from home on a 90 minute bus journey to take in the game. On arrival at EM he was approached by a club official who told him he'd been spotted on the close circuit TV and that the manager had instructed he be asked to leave. In Mikey's own words "Ah couldnae ******* believe it! 90 minutes on ******* buses and then telt tae sling ma ******* hook. Ah felt like ******* phonin Petrie and tellin the **** he'd nae right tae ask me tae ******* leave."

Damn that swear filter. Damn damn and double damn. There should be an amnesty for this thread.

I had "words" with Mikey at a game last season. I'll not repeat what he said but he didn't take kindly to me "mentioning" to him that some things just shouldn't be said :lips seal

Later that night in a Leith Walk establishment he approached me, gave me a big cuddle and said he was sorry. "Di, ye ken me ya ******, just open ma ****ing mooth" :greengrin

I guess in retrospect he earned the right :hilarious

darwenhibby
20-09-2010, 11:46 AM
Sorry to hear the news of Mick.

Saw him in the club in Blackpool only last month and thought the guy has no changed over the years and still at every hibs game i attend.

He was even in Manchester for Masters 6's afew years ago.

Here's hoping theres " A PINT O' SPECH" in that big Hibs Club in the Sky waiting for you.

RIP

Geo_1875
20-09-2010, 12:11 PM
Met Mick and his mate over in Holland preseason. He was telling me they came over last minute by coach and had booked into a hotel when they arrived. He'd travelled nearly 2 days to get to what was basically a training game.

He was a hoot in the boozer after the game. The locals couldn't make out a word he said but they listened all night.

maudette 11
20-09-2010, 12:56 PM
Mikey, i can't believe what has happened, R.I.P., I remember my Sis & I went over to Belfast for a night, as Hibs select was playing The Institute (Ivan's ex-team), we got a lift up to Derry & back to Belfast, he came back down the road to Belfast for him to sleep in the Security hut at the terminal dock, so he could catch the 1st ferry home!! He wouldn't let us pay for a room for him..He was some guy I will miss him shouting MAGGIE GE'S A KISS!!! at me, at the matches,hibs club & in the street..

God Bless YOU Mike. xxxx

Boris
20-09-2010, 01:57 PM
i remember mark currie from my work was in the reserve team at the time telling us that story very funny

Mark was indeed in the reserve team that night & I think I might be right in saying current assistant manager Brian Rice played too. Hence one of Mick's catch phrases whenever he bumped into either one of them over the years - "Currie & Rice - hot stuff in Hibs midfield"!!!

Boris
20-09-2010, 02:07 PM

Aye John, he had a fine command of the Scottish venacular! Remember a similar incident at Easter Road a few years back. During Alex Mcleish's time as boss. Hibs had to been due to play a friendly at Gala but it had been postponed at the last minute cos the pitch was waterlogged. Game got switched to Easter Road a few days later. Supposed to then be closed doors but Mick got tipped off that a busload of Gala fans were getting it. Mick decided we'd get in as well so up me went, Mick, his best mate Colin (Mick often refered to Colin as his bank manager cos he got that many subs off him!) & me. Gala fans were upstairs in the Famous 5. We walked in an open gate & sat downstairs. 5 minutes into the game & McLeish dispatches Tam Mccourt round to ask us to leave. Tam to be fair was very apologetic & said it was "big eck's orders". Mick let rip - "aye well you just ****** tell big ****** Eck that I was watchin Hibs long before he ****** came here & I'll still be watcin Hibs long efter the ***** ****** off so tell him he can shove his ****** game up his ****** ****!!! Beautifully put!:thumbsup:

Toaods
20-09-2010, 03:48 PM
Mick let rip - "aye well you just ****** tell big ****** Eck that I was watchin Hibs long before he ****** came here & I'll still be watcin Hibs long efter the ***** ****** off so tell him he can shove his ****** game up his ****** ****!!! Beautifully put!:thumbsup:

...and he was right....:thumbsup:

as Sir Winston Churchill never said "never in the field of internet asterisks, have so many been understood by so many" :cool2:

Red Cabbage
20-09-2010, 10:57 PM
So shocked and sad to hear about wee Mick - was chatting to him via text only recently. Known him since I was a youngster going to away games and reserve games at ER in the 80s. He certainly had some stories to tell from all his travels following the hibees and was a always a gem of a guy to me. RIP Mick - you'll be missed by many.

cabbageandribs1875
20-09-2010, 11:01 PM

thanks for clearing that up carlos :aok:

joebakerforever
21-09-2010, 12:19 AM
Mike attended the speedway when the Monarchs opened at Powderhall in 1977 so that's where he would have got that from. I recall a few away matches in his company then, he enjoyed teh speedway but nothing was ever strong enought ot deflect him from the HIbs for very long.

Aye Davie that's right, & he popped into Armadale a few times to see the Monarchs & saw him there in 2008.

In the Powderhall days he joined us for a weekend trip to see Speedway down South. It was an in old Ford Capri that belonged to the famous groundhopper, the late Raymond Jarvie.

I was in the back with Mick who was fast asleep when we hit the infamous switchback railway stretch past Corbridge.

Raymond was geein' it laldy when Mick awoke and reprised the lumpy vomit scene from the Exorcist right down the back of the drivers seat.

It transpired that Mick had been on the batter on the Friday night and had had a couple of cold fishfingers for his breakfast which he blamed for his mega boak :greengrin

legends of 73
21-09-2010, 01:18 AM
I'll never forget the time when Mick was working for Safeway delivering leaflets i was duty manager one morning and hibs were playing gala in a pre-season game,mick found out that i was finishing early to go to the game and he was trying like a bear to get time off to go but his boss was having none of it.

I told him to go out and deliver his leaflets in the morning but go home for his lunch and phone in sick as he would have to speak to me as i was the duty manager and i would arrange to meet him at crewe toll and pick him up and take him to the game, no what does mick do he waits outside the ****ing store for me to come out and every cant can see him and did i get my a$$e booted from the store manager for that one.

But it made a guy happy that he could see his beloved hibs and that was what he lived for

rip mick you'll be missed

Steve-O
21-09-2010, 06:31 AM

Thanks for that. I wasn't sure who it was, then I thought I knew, and now you've confirmed I was right. Sad indeed. Served him a few million pints in the Hibs Club a few years back. :agree:

tamsonsbairn
21-09-2010, 06:10 PM
Sad to hear of Mick's departure, met him in the four in hand after the game a couple of weeks ago, he didnae hold back what he thought of the game in his own language. RIP Mick.

Doon the Slope
21-09-2010, 06:36 PM
Just registered to pay tribute to my friend ive known and grown up with for the last 50 years. Where do you start.....

I first met Michael McGhee at Granton primary school when I was 5. He used to come out at playtime singing Hibs songs and songs like Soldiers song, We're all off to Dublin and all stuff Green. I remember saying to myself.....who the hell is this guy, he sings all those songs and knows all the words and he's only five. Little did I know what I was in for. After school it was roond the back for a take on. Wee Mick was usually in goals and what most of you wont know is that he was a bloody good goalkeeper, he could have made something of it but his trouble was he liked his pies to much and he was well....just a touch overweight (about 2 stone over)

Mick would never hurt a fly and he had a great fear of needles, I remember when we had to Q up for our BCG jags and Mick was truly bottling it. He was in front of me waiting his turn and as we got closer to the front his bottle really started to go, shaking, trembling and close to tears. Well it was Micks turn now and he was pleading with the nurse not to do it, but she said och roll up your sleeve and dont be silly, just as she was about to stick the needle in Micks nerves got the better of him and spewed all over her, I was helpless, the nurse was raging running about trying to get cleaned up.

Mick always got me to skip school so I could chum him to watch the Hibs training, we used to go down to Seafeild wherre they trained many years ago, this one time we went to watch them, there was a spare ball on the side lines and we started kicking it about, Mick accidentaly kicked it on to the park, Peter Cormack shouted at us to F..k off you two, to which Mick replied, You F..k off ya big pansy, Well...Cormack chased him right out the park.

There's just so many memories of the wee man that will live with me for ever, they broke the mould when they made him thats for sure.

As far as I'm concerned he's not passed away, his ever smiling face is right here in my heart.

God Bless Mick.....God Bless Hibs.....:agree:

Sloop
21-09-2010, 11:17 PM
RIP Mikey!
As many have said before .... a true Hibernian!
Lots of memories of Mike, none more so that a car journey north (in a Skoda!!!) to see Inverness ??? v Hibs in the days before they they were a merged team.
Mike had a bad pie on the way up and honked it all over the back of oor driver Paul!!!! It left us all wishing we were back on Maudes bus!!!!

Yes, I remember it well. Still picking the lumps out of what hair I've got left !

Also remember Mike's 21st in the Doo'cot (or Bird Cage ?) in Ferry Road on Hogmanay one year. Andy Cameron was the cabaret .... yes, Andy Cameron, so you can imagine what sort of a night it was. Taxi up town afterwards where Mike crashed out in the High Street before midnight. Picked him up at same spot a few hours later.

Mike will be sadly missed.

Billy Mac
22-09-2010, 12:57 AM
From Terry Small,Billy Mac and all the Small's that include Jimmy,Archie,Ant,Steph.,Keith,Dekko,Auld'Jimmy,Ste phen plus Pat,Tracy and John Walls and Colin and Steph` and Mark and Big Duffy, can we express the best of wishes to a TRUE Hibby that was full of fun and optimism! A man that zipped up to see the Cabbage RESERVES match at Aberdeen and blagged a lift home on the team coach!Well done Alex Miller for that! Sadly passed away last week but never forgotten! Watch us lift the Scottish Cup Mike from above and don't eat all the pie's! All the best to your Family from Billy Mac and Terry Small. You'll be missed. X.

HIBERNIAN-0762
22-09-2010, 08:20 AM
So sad to hear this!

Known Mick for years and always had a laugh when we met, a mega Hibee!

Remember many years ago in the 70s we were due to play Partick away, we gets there and the game is cancelled just before kick off, back to Shades first pub The Victoria bar in Leith Walk where the great man had laid on plates of sarnies for the the guys coming back, we were first in and him and I demolished a couple of platefuls and every time we met it was "any mair pieces gaun?"

A lovely wee guy and devoted to his beloved Hibernian.

RIP wee pal

voice of reason
22-09-2010, 09:05 AM
Known Mick for 40 odd years and be sad not to see him bedecked in his beloved Hibs colours on his way to matches in future.R.I.P Mike, a true football fan.

ALF TUPPER
22-09-2010, 12:30 PM
Sad news. I heard Allan Preston on BBC Sportsound last night asking Richard Gordon if he could offer condolences to the McGhee family. Referred to Mick as "a legend down Leith way".

Condolences then followed from the Richard Gordon & the Sportsound team.

Nice touch from AP & the BBC guys i thought.

Requiescat in pace to a true Hibby .

hibbymac
23-09-2010, 07:25 AM
Any word on the "arrangements"?

Boris
23-09-2010, 08:04 AM
Any word on the "arrangements"?

Only got the go ahead from the Procurator Fiscal late yesterday afternoon following the post mortem to make the funeral arrangements. The arrangements will be made today & I'll post the details on here & on the Bounce this afternoon.

hibbymac
23-09-2010, 09:46 AM
Only got the go ahead from the Procurator Fiscal late yesterday afternoon following the post mortem to make the funeral arrangements. The arrangements will be made today & I'll post the details on here & on the Bounce this afternoon.

Cheers J.

Boris
23-09-2010, 10:50 AM
Hibs legend Mick McGhee's funeral - which will take the form of a celebration of his life - has been arranged for the Lorimer Chapel at Warriston Crematorium next Thursday (30th) at 2pm. Lets make it a send off a legend deserves.

Phil MaGlass
23-09-2010, 10:58 AM
Aye get yir ****ing ***** up tae the ****ing crematorium the boy deserves a guid ****ing turnout you bunch of ****ing *****

Boris
23-09-2010, 11:33 AM
Aye get yir ****ing ***** up tae the ****ing crematorium the boy deserves a guid ****ing turnout you bunch of ****ing *****

F****** brilliant:greengrin

Toaods
23-09-2010, 01:08 PM
hope they ask everyone to wear green as a tribute, that was the wee man's official uniform ...:cool2:

Boris
23-09-2010, 02:12 PM
hope they ask everyone to wear green as a tribute, that was the wee man's official uniform ...:cool2:

Notice will be in the Evening News Monday night & it does indeed say exactly that. :agree:

Stantons Angel
23-09-2010, 04:35 PM
Mikey deserves a good send off from the Hibs family. Every true Hibby knew and loved him and will want to say goodbye in their own way.

Lets fill the place in green and white just as he would want and lift the roof with a rendering of Glory to the Hibees. Its a celebration of the wee mans life as a Hibs legend. He had so many friends in the Hibs community so please try and come along to show your respect for a true Hibs man.

Its been a sad year in which three of my favourite Hibbys have passed on first Walter Robb (oct 09) then Maude McFarlane (mar 10) and now Mick McGhee. Each on a legend in their own way. The world is a sadder place with out them.

Their memories will linger long after they have gone.

Love and miss you all pals.

xxxxxxxxx
:agree:

HibeeMcGinn1
23-09-2010, 07:26 PM
RIP mick. Never easy to lose a fellow hibby.

Geo_1875
23-09-2010, 08:05 PM
We were talking about Mick last night and a few of the younger guys couldn't place him. I found this photo from the preseason in Holland. Mick is wearing the hat.

http://www.tramwaysbowlingclub.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/_images/DSCF0815.jpg