PDA

View Full Version : Yogi

Diclonius
18-09-2010, 04:16 PM
Sack or back?

Kevvy1875
18-09-2010, 04:19 PM
Time is up for me.

I backed Yogi up until the St Mirren game but can no longer do it. He is cracking under the pressure big time and is unable to inspire the team to victory in front of their own fans at home against two pretty average SPL teams.

hiblander
18-09-2010, 04:21 PM
Sack or back?

Think you need some Magic Mushrooms mate, if you haven't noticed the seasons almost over go pick some !

Phil MaGlass
18-09-2010, 04:28 PM
bump

Idlewild
18-09-2010, 04:29 PM
He should go, but more importantly, who do we bring in?

hiblander
18-09-2010, 04:35 PM
He should go, but more importantly, who do we bring in?

Reckon your Mum could do a job...either that or the lead singer of Idlewild singing @"What if you held the World...."

smurf
18-09-2010, 04:38 PM
Got to go.

SneakersO'Toole
18-09-2010, 04:40 PM
Got to go.

But won't.

Hibernia Na Eir
18-09-2010, 04:40 PM
He should stick to playin squash as hes proved he aint a football manager, useless man

Westie1875
18-09-2010, 04:48 PM
Time for him to go IMO, ask JC to come back in until the end of the season to try and steady the ship and see what happens.

Hiber-nation
18-09-2010, 04:50 PM
Position untenable after today.

hiblander
18-09-2010, 04:50 PM
time for him to go imo, ask jc to come back in until the end of the season to try and steady the ship and see what happens.

tm ?

Jim44
18-09-2010, 04:55 PM
I was against his appointment in the first place as I thought he was an idiot. I admitted that I had been a bit harsh and through time I came round to thinking that I was wrong about him. Since February I have gradually returned to my original assessment of him and the sooner he goes the better.

lucky
18-09-2010, 04:58 PM
previously I have said he needed time but unfortunately his time has come and went he must go.

brianmc
18-09-2010, 05:04 PM
Get him tae **** ASAP. Don't think I've been this disillusioned with a Hibs team since the days of blobby. No spark,flair,leadership or shape to his teams . The guy was out his depth at Falkirk so god knows why the board thought he could do a job for us.
As for his post match interviews-they,like the team are getting worse by the week.

Stuarty27
18-09-2010, 05:06 PM
Micheal O'Neill would be my next manager.

brianmc
18-09-2010, 05:08 PM
tm ?

I think you'll find he's still employed by celtc as manager -he is officially on gardening leave and still picking up a wage!:agree:

PeterboroHibee
18-09-2010, 05:31 PM
He has to go imo. The results have been pretty terrible for quite a while now, the performances dont give much confidence of things picking up either, and going by his recent interviews, the pressure is causing him to lose the plot.

Wanted him to go for a while tbh, I do like him but I just dont see how things are going to improve. The next 3 games present arguably an even tougher run, not sure how we are going to get through it.

Phil MaGlass
18-09-2010, 05:32 PM
bump

truehibernian
18-09-2010, 05:48 PM
Just back from the game, watched it for ther full 90 and nearly crashed my car when I heard the interview on BBC Sportsound. Even had the cheek to try and be humerous with Charlie Mann about his mobile. Well John......I really hoped it had been your mobile, incoming call from Petrie, and you getting your jotters. How on earth he can say that was "one way traffic" is beyond me. Car crash football more like. De Graffe utterly hopeless, Miller and McBride falling over themselves like a couple of contestants in It's A Knockout, Grounds no better than any other left back, Nish wasteful and looking for fouls that simply weren't there, Riordan disinterested after his goal and hitting the bar. Had the brass neck to have a go at Hanlon when game finished yet shakes De Graffe's hand :bitchy: Bamba head and shoulders again the only class player on that park. Hamilton with a bit of luck could and should have won that game. Nice football in patches, played with urgency and pace. Wee front man looked sharp. Only Hibs could take a short corner, when there is no need, and lose it for a shy to the other team. Only Hibs could ball watch and allow a quick free kick right through the heart of the defence. Only Hibs playes need three touches when one should suffice. As for Hibs fans booing at full time.........good on you all. I have never left a game involving my club so disheartened, so gloomy, so angry and so disinterested at going back. The team look so unfit it is bizarre. De Graffe and Nish look donald ducked after 30 minutes. What on earth do they do to ensure their endurance fitness. No pace, creativity, passion, life or soul. A gutless performance and a true reflection of a John Hughes side. All talk no action. For those saying 3 points off third, I am sorry guys, better looking at 1 point off bottom. That is where our attentions lie this season with this utter utter clown in charge. :agree:

TornadoHibby
18-09-2010, 05:53 PM
He should stick to playin squash as hes proved he aint a football manager, useless man

Is he any good at squash?! :hmmm: :dunno:

brianmc
18-09-2010, 05:56 PM
Just back from the game, watched it for ther full 90 and nearly crashed my car when I heard the interview on BBC Sportsound. Even had the cheek to try and be humerous with Charlie Mann about his mobile. Well John......I really hoped it had been your mobile, incoming call from Petrie, and you getting your jotters. How on earth he can say that was "one way traffic" is beyond me. Car crash football more like. De Graffe utterly hopeless, Miller and McBride falling over themselves like a couple of contestants in It's A Knockout, Grounds no better than any other left back, Nish wasteful and looking for fouls that simply weren't there, Riordan disinterested after his goal and hitting the bar. Had the brass neck to have a go at Hanlon when game finished yet shakes De Graffe's hand :bitchy: Bamba head and shoulders again the only class player on that park. Hamilton with a bit of luck could and should have won that game. Nice football in patches, played with urgency and pace. Wee front man looked sharp. Only Hibs could take a short corner, when there is no need, and lose it for a shy to the other team. Only Hibs could ball watch and allow a quick free kick right through the heart of the defence. Only Hibs playes need three touches when one should suffice. As for Hibs fans booing at full time.........good on you all. I have never left a game involving my club so disheartened, so gloomy, so angry and so disinterested at going back. The team look so unfit it is bizarre. De Graffe and Nish look donald ducked after 30 minutes. What on earth do they do to ensure their endurance fitness. No pace, creativity, passion, life or soul. A gutless performance and a true reflection of a John Hughes side. All talk no action. For those saying 3 points off third, I am sorry guys, better looking at 1 point off bottom. That is where our attentions lie this season with this utter utter clown in charge. :agree:
Spot on with every word mate. The only thing you forgot to mention was our continued excellent movement when we have a throw in. Yogi obviously has them practising these set plays every day in training.......

Idlewild
18-09-2010, 06:07 PM
Micheal O'Neill would be my next manager.

IMO last thing we need is a former player as a manager - I'd have someone with experience at this level but who still has the hunger to win (if such a person would want to come to us that is!).

ionahibby
18-09-2010, 06:11 PM
even i'm losing faith :bitchy:

steakbake
18-09-2010, 06:14 PM
The board has invested heavily in our training facilities and stadium. That's all well and good.

We also have got some good players, but the guy on yourcall who said that we are less than the sum of our parts is bang on.

Time to loosen the purse strings and pay the wages to get someone in who can get our good players playing better than average. I thought hibs looked unco-ordinated and without a game plan today. I don't think its a case of going back to the drawing board for new players - I reckon there's enough there to put out a side which would trouble any of the teams in the league.

The problem we have is that the man who is responsible for tactics and a game plan doesn't know what he's doing and cannot organise them properly. It's also amazing that with the much talked-about training facilities that we have, that there are players who are on their @rse after an hour.

Petrie... get it sorted. :grr::grr:

PS - Tony Mowbray is not the answer. He had his time and moved on when it suited him, all the while berating players that did the same. That would be a backwards step. Besides, he's not really done anything since which makes me think he can offer anything different than Yogi.

truehibernian
18-09-2010, 06:32 PM
Only one youth team player (Wotherspoon) has been introduced to the side since Hughes' arrival. The rest have been put out on loan, despite the team lacking that youthful urgency and pace. McBride and Miller are pedestrian and that is being kind. McBride today only ever passed side to side. When he picked it up second half on the bye-line, his instant reaction was to look beside him, not forward. Miller has this cowardly tendency to not put his foot into a tackle and almost kick the ball off the opposition player instead of getting right through the ball. Hart looked solid defensively if not exposed first half, but very reluctant going forward. De Graffe - well I am sorry but a full pre-season behind you and five games in now for you son, and you are quite frankly, awful. Slow, cumbersome, off the pace, back to the action, cannot head a ball, and the ball simply bounces off him at times. Box to box only if we are talking about matchboxes. Dickoh and Bamba looked good today and there were times when I thought both looked superb not diving in, especially when Hamilton worked it into the box. Brown solid too. Nish didn't have his worst game, but like Riordan, they stop when they feel they are fouled instead of getting up quick and chasing the ball back. We have a lazy team, an unfit looking team, and one which really doesn't cut any mustard at all. Galbraith started well, faded, and only in patches second half found space to drive into the box. That said the service to him was awful. Needless to say I would far rather we start blooding the youngsters, putting some noses out of joint, and getting some much needed youth in the side. We got a Falkirk manager in and we are getting Falkirk performances. Bottom 6, at times raise our game, but over a season, very very poor football. Hughes is the master of contradiction - one minute saying he wants to instill a winning mentality, then telling the fans we are punching above our weight and maybe not as good as we (the fans) think we are. That sure is a winning mentality John. To quote him today, the answers are staring them in the face - yes they sure are - sacking you would be the start, getting someone in with a non Hibs background and a true winning mentality and focus, and someone who doesn't suffer fools nor have their wee favourites. Someone who has a true vision, uses the great youth system we have develeoped and nurtured, gets the best out of players and plays them in the positions they have been brought up on. Please can we rid the club of this clown before it is too late :agree:

Hibby70
18-09-2010, 06:32 PM
The family home currently has an awkward cousin that's outstayed his welcome and should be asked to leave.

skipster7
18-09-2010, 06:33 PM
sadly voted for him to go,always stuck up for him but something has to change because thats the worst ive seen us play in a long,long time.gutless nonsense:grr:

ScottB
18-09-2010, 06:33 PM
Ok, here's my take.

Hughes is now saying we aren't as good as we (the fans) think.

Now, personally speaking, I think we are good enough for top six / fight for third, with some semi decent cup runs at least. Or at least that should be what we aim for.

If Hughes is now saying we aren't that good, then what is his view? Top 6? Bottom 6?

That would mean aiming lower than when we took over, and if we are now a lesser side, whose fault is that? How many of todays starting line up here before Yogi took over? Bamba, Nish and Riordan? So is he essentially suggesting that the 15 - 20 odd players he's shipped in over the last year have made us a worse side?

He's not just putting his own head in the noose, he's tied the knot and got his hand on the trapdoor lever. Time to go. Very, very soon, if we lose midweek I can't see any way back for him, his position will become untenable.

SloopJB
18-09-2010, 06:41 PM
The bottom line is you are hoping for john hughes to resign from his job. he still believes he is doing a good job with the resources available.
The board wont sack him.

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-09-2010, 06:57 PM
I voted to back him. Unless it is free agents, those are the players that will need to do us the window opens. The majority of that team today were Hughes players plus arguably our best two senior players [DR/SB] and our best youngster [DW] and a foward [CN] that Hughes sees as a first pick. So in terms of the squad and finance to assemble it, no excuses. In terms of the ground and the playing surface, no excuses. In terms of facilities, no excuses. The missing piece of the jigsaw is the manager. It is up to him now.

hiblander
18-09-2010, 07:01 PM
Ok, here's my take.

lose midweek I can't see any way back for him, his position will become untenable.

JC last game was a draw v Falkirk Hughes in charge....think your getting a wee bit too much footy on the brain...he'll be here till the end of season simple as...I'll judge him when it comes to the crop.

ScottB
18-09-2010, 07:08 PM
JC last game was a draw v Falkirk Hughes in charge....think your getting a wee bit too much footy on the brain...he'll be here till the end of season simple as...I'll judge him when it comes to the crop.

The end of the season?? No chance on our current run of form.

At the latest, without a substantial turn around in form, he's gone by Christmas one way or the other.

hiblander
18-09-2010, 07:15 PM
The end of the season?? No chance on our current run of form.

At the latest, without a substantial turn around in form, he's gone by Christmas one way or the other.

True, lets go on another manager-go-round, we might aswell appoint every single retrired professional that played for Hibs instead !!

SneakersO'Toole
18-09-2010, 07:17 PM
Only one youth team player (Wotherspoon) has been introduced to the side since Hughes' arrival. The rest have been put out on loan, despite the team lacking that youthful urgency and pace. McBride and Miller are pedestrian and that is being kind. McBride today only ever passed side to side. When he picked it up second half on the bye-line, his instant reaction was to look beside him, not forward. Miller has this cowardly tendency to not put his foot into a tackle and almost kick the ball off the opposition player instead of getting right through the ball. Hart looked solid defensively if not exposed first half, but very reluctant going forward. De Graffe - well I am sorry but a full pre-season behind you and five games in now for you son, and you are quite frankly, awful. Slow, cumbersome, off the pace, back to the action, cannot head a ball, and the ball simply bounces off him at times. Box to box only if we are talking about matchboxes. Dickoh and Bamba looked good today and there were times when I thought both looked superb not diving in, especially when Hamilton worked it into the box. Brown solid too. Nish didn't have his worst game, but like Riordan, they stop when they feel they are fouled instead of getting up quick and chasing the ball back. We have a lazy team, an unfit looking team, and one which really doesn't cut any mustard at all. Galbraith started well, faded, and only in patches second half found space to drive into the box. That said the service to him was awful. Needless to say I would far rather we start blooding the youngsters, putting some noses out of joint, and getting some much needed youth in the side. We got a Falkirk manager in and we are getting Falkirk performances. Bottom 6, at times raise our game, but over a season, very very poor football. Hughes is the master of contradiction - one minute saying he wants to instill a winning mentality, then telling the fans we are punching above our weight and maybe not as good as we (the fans) think we are. That sure is a winning mentality John. To quote him today, the answers are staring them in the face - yes they sure are - sacking you would be the start, getting someone in with a non Hibs background and a true winning mentality and focus, and someone who doesn't suffer fools nor have their wee favourites. Someone who has a true vision, uses the great youth system we have develeoped and nurtured, gets the best out of players and plays them in the positions they have been brought up on. Please can we rid the club of this clown before it is too late :agree:

Apart from your shocking lack of paragraphs (:wink:), this is absolutely spot on.

Agree with every word.

ScottB
18-09-2010, 07:31 PM
True, lets go on another manager-go-round, we might aswell appoint every single retrired professional that played for Hibs instead !!

Eh no.

He's into his second season, our form is in the toilet and has been since January, our worst run of home form in our clubs history...

How long should he get exactly and what evidence has he shown that he's at all capable of turning things around? He's had plenty time and signed a load of players to be out of excuses for statements like he's been making recently.

As for the 'managerial merry go-round' comment, the Board have made what appears to be the wrong choice, so need to react, you don't keep someone in a job they are failing at just to avoid being seen to sack managers too often.

At our level, 2-3 seasons is the max your ever gonna get, in that time a manager either shows skill and talent that sees them move on elsewhere (McLeish, Mowbray) or it becomes clear they aren't up to it and are fired (Mixu and most likely, Hughes). Sacking him is no great shame to the club, it shows the Board have recognised that he isn't up to it. Simple.

Badge
18-09-2010, 08:06 PM
Got to go now. Hate to say it but if the board leave it any longer we could be in deep ****. There is no shape, no organisation, no leadership, no fight and no ideas from the manager on how to change things when he needs to. I would have loved him to succeed but it's not going to happen.

Alfred E Newman
18-09-2010, 09:17 PM
Todays performance and his after match comments were the last straw for me. If the board do not act he will empty the place.

muirhousehibby
18-09-2010, 09:28 PM
Todays performance and his after match comments were the last straw for me. If the board do not act he will empty the place.

agree they played a small part in my choice. i feel he's lost the backing of most of the fans and thats going by the numbers at games less today than last week. i wish he'd just put his hands up and say he picked the wrong team today or something.

Deeks body language at full time said it all btw

never willing to take responsiblity eh:bye:

IWasThere2016
18-09-2010, 10:00 PM
>90% AGAINST! :bitchy:

iwasthere1972
18-09-2010, 11:07 PM
>90% AGAINST! :bitchy:

Even smoking is more popular than Yogi.

I've seen enough now and voted YES.

greenlex
18-09-2010, 11:14 PM
I voted to back him. Unless it is free agents, those are the players that will need to do us the window opens. The majority of that team today were Hughes players plus arguably our best two senior players [DR/SB] and our best youngster [DW] and a foward [CN] that Hughes sees as a first pick. So in terms of the squad and finance to assemble it, no excuses. In terms of the ground and the playing surface, no excuses. In terms of facilities, no excuses. The missing piece of the jigsaw is the manager. It is up to him now.
Thats just about how I see it.
End of October and if its no better then :bye:

McHibby
18-09-2010, 11:46 PM
I'm afraid it's 'sack' from me. I remember posting a while ago saying I was a bit worried about some of his decision making - it was around the time he brought Gow in, when we were seriously crying out for a defender - and I don't think I've really felt at ease with him in charge since then. It's a real shame, obviously we want any Hibs manager to be a success but epecially when it's a manager that's supported the club since he was a laddie. I just wish he'd do the decent thing and walk away, retain a wee bit of pride.

Hibby 2005
18-09-2010, 11:51 PM
I'm afraid it's 'sack' from me. I remember posting a while ago saying I was a bit worried about some of his decision making - it was around the time he brought Gow in, when we were seriously crying out for a defender - and I don't think I've really felt at ease with him in charge since then. It's a real shame, obviously we want any Hibs manager to be a success but epecially when it's a manager that's supported the club since he was a laddie. I just wish he'd do the decent thing and walk away, retain a wee bit of pride.

He won't walk away, he'll lose money.

ekhibee
19-09-2010, 01:45 AM
Surely one of the best and most accurate posts of the modern era!:top marks

bighairyfaeleith
19-09-2010, 03:29 AM
Taxi

ian cruise
19-09-2010, 06:44 AM
i thought it was a great appointment, but ive lost faith i'm afraid, we have a genuinely good spl squad at the inute but they do not look motivated and i'm afraid thaqts one of the managers main jibs. we look like hughes falkirk temas

time to go

CallumLaidlaw
19-09-2010, 07:28 AM
I was against his appointment in the first place as I thought he was an idiot. I admitted that I had been a bit harsh and through time I came round to thinking that I was wrong about him. Since February I have gradually returned to my original assessment of him and the sooner he goes the better.

Lol, I am in exactly the same position as yourself. Was underwhelmed by his appointment (although I wanted him gannon so shows what I know)

I have backed him since he got the job tho, but he has done nothing to change my opinion. Even in our first 4 good months, we got out of jail quite regularly.

We need someone in with a plan B when things aren't going our way in a game

Viva_Palmeiras
19-09-2010, 07:49 AM
Let's have a poll after every a game
For every manager from now on the stats will be enlightining for us we might even begin to be able to predict when their time is up fantastic resource for the club fans and board alike you know it makes sense then noOne gets labelled as starting a pointless poll or a witchhunt brill!

slimshady
19-09-2010, 09:18 AM
surely only family, friends and yams can back him now.
if the board are wonder why some didn't renew their season tickets it's blatantly obvious now.
7 competitive games this season
1 win
2 draws
4 defeats
just carrying on from where we left off last season.

Hopefully the board will act now as there is plenty time for a real manager to get us moving in the right direction and get the interest back for those who can't stomach Hughes dross anymore

Ta Ta :bye:

Phil MaGlass
19-09-2010, 10:40 AM
If he wont resign and we cant sack him then he should be put in charge of the youth, get a replacement and just tell him it is to get him some more experience.
Anyone else would then resign??
Cant see it as a pointless poll almost 250 folk have voted and 87% want him to go, its only a matter of 1 or even 2 games until he is moved.
Defeat against Killie cannot be tolerated by the board, surely???

truehibernian
19-09-2010, 10:58 AM
If he wont resign and we cant sack him then he should be put in charge of the youth, get a replacement and just tell him it is to get him some more experience.
Anyone else would then resign??

Then Hibs would have to fight him at tribunal for constructive dismissal. No thanks.

Use the Fletcher money wisely and get rid of the trio (Hughes, Rice, Evans). New broom, new mentality, less jovial playground antics at East Mains, and introduce focus, fitness, professionalism, respect, youth introduction to first team, and playing players in their rightful positions. If noses go out of joint, tough. This is a profession they are in, not a game.

Hughes wants to be one of the guys, a guy who can joke around with the best of them. Do you think Arsene Wenger allows his goalkeeper to fanny about with his phone and lark about in the dressing room ? Do you think that Sir Alex allows Ryan Giggs to put things in his shoes before training ? Does Jose Mourinho ask his players what formations they would like to play, or take two players aside and have to ask them who wants the armband ? It's no wonder the players body language is such that it looks like they are unconcerned at his rantings from the touchline, or that they walk around the pitch slouched, puffing, and off the pace. There is no one on the pitch to take a grip of the team, no real leadership, no football brains. How on earth can you expect respect when you allow the kind of carrying on that some certain players think normal behaviour.

Hardly surprising too that the young players are disillusioned, and those that are training hard week in week out see players off form continuing to be the apple of the manager's eye. Less hilarity, more ruthlessness, more urgency, more pace, more pride, more respect,more clinical decisions, more professionalism. We will never ever get that with John Hughes. He likes the Dutch style of football - well his teams are playing like they are stoned out their t*ts most of the time and he is clearly hallucinating himself on the touchline if he 1) sees good football in "patches", 2) "it was one way traffic second half" and 3) "maybe we are not as good as they think they we are".

We need John Collins fitness and training regime, coupled with Tony Mowbray's man management style and football outlook. Hard to find but that is the ideal combo. Hughes has now turned us into the "pub team". We look like a team of cloggers just met up after a night out on the sauce. Wait a minute.....maybe there is a wee touch of truth in that eh................

slimshady
19-09-2010, 12:02 PM
TH you should post this on ED. Some still haven't grasped the fact Hughes' football is turning people against the club.
We're playing in poor league which i believe is evn poorer because of the managers incharge of their respective clubs. We need a new out-look in scottish football and Hibs are in a great position to take this on as we are virtually debt free, have great facilities and a terrific stadium. If we make an ambitious appointment and show real intent that we are in fact an ambitious club then there are hoards of people who have no allegience to one club in Edinburgh who might well be interesting in falling us.
I for one will be back with Kids and family members when real ambition is shown by the club.
Come on board, do the right thing.

Malthibby
19-09-2010, 12:13 PM
Backed him, but his time is running out. Too early to chuck him, but the team certainly isn't gelling under Hughes. Something is far wrong & it needs to change quickly, or it will be bye-bye. I am very afraid that this period will go down as a terribly wasted opportunity.
GG

Sir David Gray
19-09-2010, 01:01 PM
He should have gone after the 6-6 fiasco at Fir Park.

Nothing has changed over the summer and we are just continuing the form that we showed in the last few months of last season. Anyone who says that we can't sack Hughes because we're only seven competitive games into the season seems to be forgetting that this run of poor form has been ongoing since February which, in football terms, is nearly five months. In that time we have only won five matches in all competitions;

Montrose who are one of the worst teams in the country.
Kilmarnock who only avoided relegation last season on the final day.
Falkirk who were actually relegated.
Dundee Utd who played their reserves against us as they prepared for the cup final the week after.
Motherwell which, admittedly, was a good win for us.

I was annoyed to hear Hughes' little dig at the fans last night as he suggested that perhaps the fans think we're better than we actually are. Maybe that is true but I don't think it's unreasonable for the fans to expect us to pick up three points against Hamilton at Easter Road. If we're now at a stage where we can't expect to beat teams like that at home then we're in a very sorry state.

The atmosphere around Easter Road just now is almost identical to the atmosphere that could be felt a couple of seasons ago when the fans were getting fed up with Paatelainen and I just feel that it probably is now the time for Hughes to depart.

Who we get in to replace him, though, is anyone's guess.

Sumner
19-09-2010, 05:55 PM
85% want rid

Can't remember such a poor rating
... really SHOULD be end of the line :agree:

Nuitdelune
19-09-2010, 05:59 PM
I voted sack but have a concern about the turnover of managers--sorry if covered, have not yet read through the whole thing.