PDA

View Full Version : All-time Premier League XI - the 'fans' choose

stu in nottingham
17-09-2010, 06:59 PM
I was interested in this choice by '260,000 fans worldwide' of the best ever line-up from the English Premiership. Here are the men the fans chose:

BARCLAYS FOOTBALL FACEBOOK FANS’ ALL-TIME BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE XI:

GK – Peter Schmeichel

RB – Gary Neville
CB – Tony Adams
CB – John Terry
LB - Patrice Evra

RM – David Beckham
CM – Paul Scholes
CM – Steven Gerrard
LM – Ryan Giggs

CF – Eric Cantona
CF – Thierry Henry

MANAGER: Sir Alex Ferguson

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/17092010/58/premier-league-fans-choose-time-premier-league-xi.html

After having a smile about the choice of John Terry, I began to think about some of the outstanding players left out of this selection. No Bergkamp? No Roy Keane? How about the sublime skill of Gianfranco Zola or even Paul Gascoigne (albeit his best days were not in the Premiership). I think they could have done better...

lyonhibs
17-09-2010, 07:10 PM
I was interested in this choice by '260,000 fans worldwide' of the best ever line-up from the English Premiership. Here are the men the fans chose:

GK – Peter Schmeichel

RB – Gary Neville
CB – Tony Adams
CB – John Terry
LB - Patrice Evra

RM – David Beckham
CM – Paul Scholes
CM – Steven Gerrard
LM – Ryan Giggs

CF – Eric Cantona
CF – Thierry Henry

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/17092010/58/premier-league-fans-choose-time-premier-league-xi.html

After having a smile about the choice of John Terry, I began to think about some of the outstanding players left out of this selection. No Bergkamp? No Roy Keane? How about the sublime skill of Gianfranco Zola or even Paul Gascoigne (albeit his best days were not in the Premiership). I think they could have done better...

LOL at the highlighted two. Why don't we just chuck in Vinnie Jones and Frank Lampard whilst we're at it.

I'd have Bergkamp in there before any of them. Utter genius of a footballer, and criminally overlooked in these sort of polls.

Greentinted
17-09-2010, 08:14 PM
Controversial perhaps but I'd find room for Shearer.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
17-09-2010, 08:28 PM

GK – Peter Schmeichel

RB – Gary Neville
CB – Tony Adams
CB – John Terry
LB - Patrice Evra

RM – David Beckham
CM – Paul Scholes
CM – Steven Gerrard
LM – Ryan Giggs

CF – Eric Cantona
CF – Thierry Henry

First thing I thought :agree:

TheEastTerrace
17-09-2010, 08:38 PM

GK – Peter Schmeichel

RB – Gary Neville
CB – Tony Adams
CB – John Terry
LB - Patrice Evra

RM – David Beckham
CM – Paul Scholes
CM – Steven Gerrard
LM – Ryan Giggs

CF – Eric Cantona
CF – Thierry Henry

Even Beckham is a dubious choice IMO.

I would go:

Schmeichel

Neville Campbell Adams Cole

Ronaldo Scholes Keane Giggs

Bergkamp

Shearer

TRC
17-09-2010, 10:38 PM
Neville surely been a better rb in the EPL, must be can't believe he was the best right bac?

Cabbage East
18-09-2010, 05:42 AM
English. Who cares?

Geo_1875
18-09-2010, 09:06 AM
I wouldn't that full-back pairing for Hibs.

Wotherspiniesta
18-09-2010, 10:26 PM
How about a thug-like premiership XI:

Lehmann

Carragher Terry Keown

Barton Scholes Keane Savage Bellamy

Cantona Diouf

:casper: