PDA

View Full Version : Shurely Shome Mishtake.

Jim44
17-09-2010, 03:44 PM
BBC rumour but very interesting. Here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/9007357.stm) second article.

LancashireHibby
17-09-2010, 03:46 PM
Presume you mean this? (http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/09/17/manchester-united-set-sights-on-12m-rated-celtic-man-to-boost-old-trafford-midfield/)

£12m? Hope we've got a sell-on clause!

Hainan Hibs
17-09-2010, 03:50 PM
I would love Brown to leave Celtic as it has almost ruined the promising player that was at ER.

However, 12 ****in million? I'll have some of what they are on.

erin go bragh
17-09-2010, 03:57 PM
12m:bye: lennon would piggy back him all the way down[but if some team paid half a million for nade,anything is possible:greengrin

Mikey
17-09-2010, 04:01 PM
£12m? Yes please.

That sounds like an easy £3m-ish for the Hibees.

Vini1875
17-09-2010, 04:06 PM
No chance is there a sell on clause with the money they forked out for him in the first place.

.Sean.
17-09-2010, 04:09 PM
No chance is there a sell on clause with the money they forked out for him in the first place.
I'll second this, i'd be very surprised if there is a sell-on clause in Scott Brown's contract.

Makaveli
17-09-2010, 04:32 PM
Remember there was chat about Spurs, Newcastle etc when he left.

It's not as if Celtic were the only suitor or that Hibs "had" to sell him so even if a sell-on clause seems unlikely it isn't out of the question...

Mikey
17-09-2010, 04:36 PM
No chance eh?

Hibs raked in £2.3m in the last financial year from sell on clauses.

I'd say there's "no chance" he was sold without a sell on clause :wink:

steviecarnie
17-09-2010, 04:37 PM
£12m? Yes please.

That sounds like an easy £3m-ish for the Hibees.

25% is a bit high for a sell on clause, no? even 10/15% is a good chunk tho.

Green_one
17-09-2010, 04:51 PM
Given recent performances does anyone actually believe this?

Overall he has been a disappointment to Celtic fans for 3.5M. No way will they pay 12M even if they did want him. Not Happening. Especially when he is supposedly replacing someone who has just been declared as coming back

blackpoolhibs
17-09-2010, 04:55 PM
Even if this is true, and he is going to united. And if we do have a sell on clause.He wont be going for 12m and any fee would probably be less than they paid us originally. So i'm afraid i'm not getting my hopes up.

bighairyfaeleith
17-09-2010, 05:03 PM
I reckon given time with fergie he would do well at Man U.

blackpoolhibs
17-09-2010, 05:07 PM

:agree: He needs to get away from that cesspit, and go to learn how to play to his potential again. Fergie would get him back to how he should play, or at least give him a chance he's never going to get in Glasgow.

aberhibsfc
17-09-2010, 05:07 PM
:agree:

His form is low, there's no doubt hes got the ability, he needs the right manager to bring it out. He certainly has the aggression and drive that Ferguson enjoys. I would like to see this happen for his and Scotlands benefit, but I wouldn't like the smellies to get much in return. Unless he has a sell on it would be a bit catch 22.

aberhibsfc
17-09-2010, 05:11 PM
:agree: He needs to get away from that cesspit, and go to learn how to play to his potential again. Fergie would get him back to how he should play, or at least give him a chance he's never going to get in Glasgow.

Exactly, at Celtc he is one of the top players and has a lot of pressure placed on him. Yes, Man Utd are a higher level, but Fergie has a knack of dripping players in and out the team. He would still have high expectations, but he wouldn't be the big fish and there would be a better quality of player supporting him.

Aldo
17-09-2010, 05:20 PM
Father in law a Smellic fan and says Brown has been woeful and has been one of their worst players and has been since the start of last season.

£12 million nae chance. we got 5.5 for him and TBH we robbed the great unwashed blind.

TBH they have ruined a boy who was on the road to being an outstanding player.

Should be dropped by them and Scotland and in the national team he should be replaced with Dorrans.

Only my opinion mind.

Barney McGrew
17-09-2010, 05:25 PM
The problem with Brown is that Celtc took an excellent attacking midfielder and turned him into a poor defensive midfielder.

Best thing for Brown and Scotland is for him to get out of there pronto.

frazeHFC
17-09-2010, 05:35 PM
No chance eh?

£1m-ish from Fletcher to Wolves, where did the other money come from?

snooky
17-09-2010, 05:37 PM
For sometime a few Hibsnetters (me included) have suggested Man U should buy him to replace the brilliant but aging Paul Scholes.
Let's hope Broony goes south, gets over his ankle problems and regains his enthusiasm for the game.
He was the one in the Golden Generation that I thought would make the big, big time.

Hamish
17-09-2010, 05:39 PM
BBC rumour but very interesting. Here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/9007357.stm) second article.

See they have changed it now. Its actually FC United of Manchester

BEEJ
17-09-2010, 06:05 PM
No chance eh?

The accounts state:

"..sell-on clauses and other contingent events arising from the transfer of players in previous years."

In other words sell-on clauses and add-ons attributable to number of appearances etc etc. Fletcher's contract seemed to have had a sell-on clause; Brown's was rumoured at the time to be £4.5m with an additional £1m depending upon appearances.

You'll get either one or the other clause in a transfer deal. Not even RP would get away with having both in a player sale arrangement.

£1m-ish from Fletcher to Wolves, where did the other money come from?
See above.

The problem with Brown is that Celtc took an excellent attacking midfielder and turned him into a poor defensive midfielder.

Best thing for Brown and Scotland is for him to get out of there pronto.
:agree:

(Barney, I've just noticed that you're running in the Ayr Gold Cup tomorrow. Can I borrow your ticket for ER? :greengrin)

down-the-slope
17-09-2010, 06:26 PM
No chance eh?

Mikey your the man to know...but thats astonishing...whats the break down?

If the Tache got £4.4 million and a sell on then he has reached another level and a statue is required :wink:

PS...just read some further detail in posts further down

yekimevol
17-09-2010, 08:56 PM
well sky also say that juventus and milan are keeping tabs

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_6383263,00.html

ChilliEater
17-09-2010, 11:42 PM
First story is interesting:

0945 BST: West Ham are on the verge of bringing Newell's Old Boys forward Mauro Formica to Upton Park in the January transfer window.

Reckon the Hammers have been eying the top of the table :wink:

Cabbage East
18-09-2010, 05:51 AM
Not that surprising. Broony still a talented player despite celtc trying to ruin him.

hibs0666
18-09-2010, 07:28 AM
I reckon Hibs would be due at least 5% of the transfer fee under FIFAs solidatiry contribution regulations...

If a professional moves during the course of a contract, 5% of any
compensation, not including training compensation paid to his former club,
shall be deducted from the total amount of this compensation and distributed
by the new club as a solidarity contribution to the club(s) involved in his training
and education over the years.

If Hibs negotiated a higher sell-on clause then that would be even better. :wink:

cockneymike
18-09-2010, 07:50 AM
Remember that magpie, the journo that posts on here, wrote once that newcastle bid £8m for brown the day before he signed for celtic - so I'd say agree with mikey, that the chances that hibs sold brown for only 4.4m and no sell on are very limited.

SlickShoes
18-09-2010, 08:23 AM
Would love to see him move to Italy or England, we need more scottish players playing outwith Scotland. Most other nations other than England have players playing in the best leagues all over the world, scottish players need to push themselves on to the next level and stop thinking that playing for rantic is the best they can achieve.