PDA

View Full Version : NHC John Grieg @ St Andrews

bathhibby
12-09-2010, 04:17 PM
Was I mistaken or was that rampant Hun not standing beside Ginger Judas in the Birmingham City Dug out ?
I thought he was put out to pasture years ago with management well outside his reach

Gettin' Auld
12-09-2010, 04:25 PM
Playing golf?

:wink:

iwasthere1972
12-09-2010, 04:32 PM
Was I mistaken or was that rampant Hun not standing beside Ginger Judas in the Birmingham City Dug out ?
I thought he was put out to pasture years ago with management well outside his reach

Hi Jim. Seen Vlad lately. :greengrin

Bayern Bru
12-09-2010, 04:44 PM
As far as I know he is still involved with Rangers, primarily through Murray Park and the youth programme. He certainly visits the schools of 'S' form kids to not only update the school about their pupil's progress within Rangers, but also to check how they're getting on with their studies.

Although I've not met him myself, someone close to me has and to all intents and purposes Greig's a lovely, decent guy and was visibly moved when he was told of Jimmy Johnstone's passing, despite the apparent history between the two during Old Firm matches.

So don't tar all 'rampant Huns' with the same brush! :wink:

hibbybrian
12-09-2010, 04:45 PM
So don't tar all 'rampant Huns' with the same brush! :wink:

Fair enough - but he's a Jambo :greengrin

Bayern Bru
12-09-2010, 04:48 PM
Fair enough - but he's a Jambo :greengrin

Exactly. Hence 'rampant Huns' in inverted commas. :greengrin

Ach, they're all the same anyway... :cool2:

Stantons Angel
12-09-2010, 08:33 PM
Dont care what you call him he is still JOHN GREIG!!!!!!!:grr:

Bostonhibby
12-09-2010, 08:50 PM
Heres a picture of big John in case it helps identify him. He is the mason on the left. :wink:

BroxburnHibee
12-09-2010, 09:00 PM
Heres a picture of big John in case it helps identify him. He is the mason on the left. :wink:

:hilarious

Seeing that pic reminded me of a story Jim Leishman told at a dinner I went to.

His first game for Dunfermline was against Rangers when he came on as a sub.

As he was getting ready to come on his manager told him "first chance you get I want you to hit Greig as hard as you can" which Leish duly did.

As soon as he hit Greig he wandered over towards the referee - foolishly thinking this might protect him from any reprisals - however Greig walked up to him and said "You're ****** dead!"

Young & naive Leish then turns to the ref and says "Ref, what you gonna do about that then?" to which the ref replied..................................

"He was talking to you son" :tee hee:

Bostonhibby
12-09-2010, 09:05 PM

As he was getting ready to come on his manager told him "first chance you get I want you to hit Greig as hard as you can" which Leish duly did.

As soon as he hit Greig he wandered over towards the referee - foolishly thinking this might protect him from any reprisals - however Greig walked up to him and said "You're ****** dead!"

Young & naive Leish then turns to the ref and says "Ref, what you gonna do about that then?" to which the ref replied..................................

:faf: Ah yes the "establishment" thank god its all in the past.

iwasthere1972
12-09-2010, 10:35 PM

:faf: Nice one.

The_Horde
12-09-2010, 10:52 PM

girly handshake. :agree: