PDA

View Full Version : The New Easter Road Stadium...

Dashing Bob S
22-08-2010, 09:35 PM
...is a great arena to watch football. With the new east completing it, it's like going into a whole new new-build stadium. Fabulous atmosphere today, and while it might be a bit grim against bottom six clubs, I think a lot of people who haven't been inclined to visit will start to come along over the next eighteen months or so, if we get the product right on the park.

It really does tear every other dumpy old Scottish ground and toytown new-build breeze block slum outside Ibrox and Parkhead a new one. I'm so delighted that we didn't go the A'deen, Dundee United and Motherwell look of having a dog's breakfast of different sized stands, and that the club kept in mind that they were building a stadium, rather than just four stands. You can really see the 3 plus 1 equals 5 syndrome in operation, so well done the board.

I'd urge all Hibbies to bring along some friends. The whole atmosphere and ambiance is different and completely transformed by that new stand and the completion of the stadium. I'm looking forward to going back. Today's result and the manner in which it was achieved (ta Brines) was hard to take, but there were a lot of positives and I think the OF will turn over most clubs. It's how we do against the rest that will determine our season. Let's get behind the boys!

heretoday
22-08-2010, 10:17 PM
I'm praying we get a team worthy of the arena. How good would that be?

Alex Trager
22-08-2010, 10:24 PM
i think right now from here...23.22/23/24-depending on when this goes through- on the 22nd of august we should start hibees reunited plus a neutral for the ict game... crap game but if sixty thousand turn up to watch celtic play hamilton why cant we have even eighteen and in all of the stands not just the east.... thoughts?

Kaiser_Sauzee
22-08-2010, 10:50 PM
We need to give some free tickets to the community. Even just a couple of thousand.

iwasthere1972
22-08-2010, 10:53 PM
i think right now from here...23.22/23/24-depending on when this goes through- on the 22nd of august we should start hibees reunited plus a neutral for the ict game... crap game but if sixty thousand turn up to watch celtic play hamilton why cant we have even eighteen and in all of the stands not just the east.... thoughts?

Thoughts? You've had too many. :wink:

Gettin' Auld
23-08-2010, 08:39 AM
Jeez - I'd be hoping for more than 18 fans to turn up. :wink:

jgl07
23-08-2010, 12:29 PM
Well on 46,812 turned up at Celtic against St Mirren yesterday.:confused:

Even worse the 'Big Team' attracted a massive 2,899 for their match at Hamilton. I wonder where the other 397,101 were?:wink:

hibee_girl
23-08-2010, 12:33 PM

They are making the Inverness game a Hibs Kids game too so that along with the Hibees Reunited might work.

I'm thinking about getting my Grandad a ticket for that game anyway just so he can see the East stand in all it's glory.

LeithBoozy
23-08-2010, 01:10 PM
If only 4,000 Hibby's from that crowd yesterday were to bring someone with them, its possible to sell out ER. It really is down to us to have the willpower for the final push. It is very doable so lets do it. :agree:

euro Hibby
23-08-2010, 02:03 PM
5000 or 6000 extra seats potential per game gives an added extra income potential of 135,000 euro to Hibs per home game.

This should allow the club additional freedom in pushing the boat out for the extra player which we all know is needed.

Leave that though to the management team. All told we have a nice package which just need some good marketing to get more bums on the seat. Hopefully we can build a fan base to support us through thick and thin and which is less results orientated as is happening in Germany !

Chuckie
23-08-2010, 02:10 PM
With the new stand in place Hibernian Football Club are officially the third largest and best football club in Scotland.

We've left the rest so far behind it's embarrassing for them.

In the next five years I'd like to see us really pushing the Old Firm.

greenlex
23-08-2010, 03:07 PM
I am sure Aberdeens capacity isslightly more. Anyone confirm?

Hibercelona
23-08-2010, 03:09 PM
With the new stand in place Hibernian Football Club are officially the third largest and best football club in Scotland.

We've left the rest so far behind it's embarrassing for them.

In the next five years I'd like to see us really pushing the Old Firm.

Not in our life times..... not in our bairns life times...

Not ever...

Jones28
23-08-2010, 03:13 PM
Looks immense :agree: still feels strange tho, as if we're playing at an away ground to me. I think if Hibs are going to boost numbers at ER and get it 3/4 full every week we need to do things like family tickets, £60 gets in 2 adults and 2 concessions.

I know people say that lowering prices has no/little lasting effect, but making it appealing to families could make a difference.

Also, market the FF as the new family stand, looked absolutely deserted yesterday.

Jones28
23-08-2010, 03:13 PM

21050 :agree:

euro Hibby
23-08-2010, 03:33 PM
its about having the product and Hibs are a good step ahead of the rest. People want to watch entertainment in comfortable surroundings and with the players also have the best possible facilities then the opportunity to improve on the pitch and market the club at 360 degrees is much improved.

If the stadium is going to have unused space I also would agree that a family price or family section is one good option.

The type of football we play needs to be attractive and I would hope not just result orientated.
I have the impression that the fans now realise the efforts being made by the club and hopefully this will give Yogi some added time to do his stuff. Certainly , after the old firm your best choice as a player would have to be Hibs.

col02
23-08-2010, 03:39 PM
Looks immense :agree: still feels strange tho, as if we're playing at an away ground to me. I think if Hibs are going to boost numbers at ER and get it 3/4 full every week we need to do things like family tickets, £60 gets in 2 adults and 2 concessions.

I know people say that lowering prices has no/little lasting effect, but making it appealing to families could make a difference.

Also, market the FF as the new family stand, looked absolutely deserted yesterday.

I am liking your thinking! We now have about 12k-13k seats between the East and West for regular Hibs fans while the FF must be utilised fully to its strength as the family stand.

Let's kick on and try build up a regular support ready for a wee push at renewed success. Even an extra 1,000 punters through the gates every home match would make a massive difference come the end of the season with regards to budgets for new contracts or new signings. From there we can kick on as a club and sustain our growth.

Chuckie
23-08-2010, 04:17 PM
I am liking your thinking! We now have about 12k-13k seats between the East and West for regular Hibs fans while the FF must be utilised fully to its strength as the family stand.

Let's kick on and try build up a regular support ready for a wee push at renewed success. Even an extra 1,000 punters through the gates every home match would make a massive difference come the end of the season with regards to budgets for new contracts or new signings. From there we can kick on as a club and sustain our growth.

Correct.

No point seats sitting empty.

Let's hand them out for £1 to disillusioned Hearts supporters.

Barney McGrew
23-08-2010, 04:29 PM

Slighty higher, but IIRC they very rarely get close to filling it.

It would be good for Scottish football if they (and other clubs) can get more bums on seats regularly :agree:

greenlad
23-08-2010, 04:34 PM

I'm all for encouraging youngsters, however I am 30 years old, and my Dad and I have had a season ticket in the FF since it opened and the Cowshed before that. Also travel to all away games - what are we if we are not "regular" Hibs fans? Some people actually prefer watching from behind the goal.

Would we be kicked out of our longtime seats under your proposals, probably two season tickets sales lost if so.

JoJo_07
23-08-2010, 04:43 PM

Yes but considerable amount are not covered.

Phil D. Rolls
23-08-2010, 04:57 PM
What use is a stadium when we can't fill it, and haven't won the Cup since 1902 (that can't be right)????!!!!???

Just saving any trolls around the bother.:wink:

bongo'd
23-08-2010, 09:13 PM
Having been like a kid at xmas all week I thought I may have built it up too much, but it was even better than I expected. Has already been mentioned but the first game against them is going to be epic. I don't know what the atmosphere sounded like outwith the east but for the first 30 minutes or so it was as loud as I can ever remember ER being.

I took along a couple of mates (Dons and Partick supporters) who both said that without doubt it has to be the best football stadium in Scotland bar Ibrox.

Hats off to Mr Petrie et al for producing a fine arena to watch football and a training centre to rival some EPL clubs. All without adding to the debt. Take a boo son:notworthy:

Dashing Bob S
24-08-2010, 09:10 AM

But we're talking about stadiums here, not a windswept collection of Victorian outhouse's, agricultural silo's and B&Q prefabricated structures, wrapped around one very decent stand.

blackpoolhibs
24-08-2010, 09:15 AM
But we're talking about stadiums here, not a windswept collection of Victorian outhouse's, agricultural silo's and B&Q prefabricated structures, wrapped around one very decent stand.

:tee hee: