PDA

View Full Version : Cladding?

mhathorn1
20-08-2010, 02:38 PM
Was around easter road today, and did not see any sign of the cladding at the south end of the East. Does anyone know if it is still happening and if so, will it be in place for Sundays victory against the huns? :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

mglancy23
20-08-2010, 02:42 PM
Was around easter road today, and did not see any sign of the cladding at the south end of the East. Does anyone know if it is still happening and if so, will it be in place for Sundays victory against the huns? :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

i would imagine it wont be in place! probably start doing it after the rangers game! might be in place for the home game against ict

no info, just a guess

mhathorn1
20-08-2010, 02:56 PM
would make sense. Sure the atmosphere will be cracking on sunday anyway. Will be good to get it in though.

(((Fergus)))
20-08-2010, 09:10 PM
http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad18/aparatchik/cladding640.jpg

Hibby Bairn
20-08-2010, 09:14 PM
Very good!

Nakedmanoncrack
20-08-2010, 09:24 PM
Anyone else got reservations about this cladding?
From what I read elsewhere it's only going to go half way up, not seen any pics of how it will look but it sounds a bit crappy to be honest. Can't think of anywhere else that has something similar.

(((Fergus)))
20-08-2010, 09:37 PM
From what I read elsewhere it's only going to go half way up, not seen any pics of how it will look but it sounds a bit crappy to be honest. Can't think of anywhere else that has something similar.

Just posted a picture of it above

Full size: http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad18/aparatchik/cladding640.jpg

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad18/aparatchik/cladding640.jpg

jabis
20-08-2010, 10:01 PM

:rolleyes:

hibee_nation
20-08-2010, 10:16 PM

:kbacker:

LeithBoozy
20-08-2010, 10:38 PM
Hibs did not want it, but the above firm made them an offer we could not refuse :agree:

Franck is God
21-08-2010, 10:23 AM
just a thought...why don't we wait until its finished before commenting on it?

blackpoolhibs
21-08-2010, 10:25 AM
This cladding thats supposed to only be going half way up seems strange. Why couldn't they make it all the way up, but have them on hinges that could be left open all the time to allow the air through, but closed during match days?

Hibby70
21-08-2010, 10:28 AM
Just posted a picture of it above

Full size: http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad18/aparatchik/cladding640.jpg

Actually would look really good if they could get this the full height of the stand as in Fergus' pic. Cant imagine it would cost that much and would pretty much pay for itself.

California-Hibs
21-08-2010, 10:34 AM
Actually would look really good if they could get this the full height of the stand as in Fergus' pic. Cant imagine it would cost that much and would pretty much pay for itself.

Looks amazing! :agree:

macca70
21-08-2010, 10:38 AM
That would look really good, if it went the full length.

Would also be a potential money spinner, as companies could pay to put adverts on it.

bandylegs_jLeighton
21-08-2010, 10:59 AM
Having the cladding the full height of the stand would probably cost a good amount more as the design of the cladding system would have to be significantly more robust to cope with wind loadings.

I am no engineer, but given the saftey factors worked in by these guys, it would surprising to me if they didn't go down the total overdesign route with both their specification and detailing for a system of that nature. If it was to have hinged fixings, this would only make it less economic.

I think the current design is a good compromise for the short term, as I think these two areas offer the most potential for future stadium works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trev the hat
21-08-2010, 11:37 AM
Maybe the cladding could be some sort of tarpolin which could be fixed to steel runners on each stand. then they could be hoisted up for games and dropped there after.:greengrin
This would also allow different match day sponsors to tout for premium advertising space. PETRIE !!!!!!!!!!!!

les83
21-08-2010, 12:04 PM
if it keeps the sound in a wee bit then I think it will be a good thing and could improve match day atmospheres. As has been said, it could be worth a lot in advertising if the tash plays it right, so I reckon it could be could for us.

Spike Mandela
21-08-2010, 12:45 PM
Having the cladding the full height of the stand would probably cost a good amount more as the design of the cladding system would have to be significantly more robust to cope with wind loadings.

I am no engineer, but given the saftey factors worked in by these guys, it would surprising to me if they didn't go down the total overdesign route with both their specification and detailing for a system of that nature. If it was to have hinged fixings, this would only make it less economic.

I think the current design is a good compromise for the short term, as I think these two areas offer the most potential for future stadium works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does any modern club actually build a stadium these days with a big gap between stands? You won't find many that don't incorporate a fully enclosed stadium when thinking of new stadia and facilities.

Despite all the 'Emperors new clothes' stuff going on I think it looks rubbish. Nice stand, hate the gaps.

blackpoolhibs
21-08-2010, 12:48 PM
Does any modern club actually build a stadium these days with a big gap between stands? You won't find many that don't incorporate a fully enclosed stadium when thinking of new stadia and facilities.

Despite all the 'Emperors new clothes' stuff going on I think it looks rubbish. Nice stand, hate the gaps.

I'm not keen on the gaps, but when they are filled in i'm sure it will be fine. What i do know is it looks brilliant compared to just 15 years ago. :top marks:thumbsup::thumbsup:

1two
21-08-2010, 12:50 PM
I don't think this is a good move at all, at least until all 4 corners were done

The worst corner for the wind is south west and that's remaining open. I think it has to for deliveries etc. But closing the east corners in will create a swirling effect from the wind from south west corner.

Just my opinion

Nakedmanoncrack
21-08-2010, 10:41 PM

I wouldn't go as far as saying it looks rubbish, the stand looks magnificent but the gaps are very large and I don't see how some kind of cladding (which doesn't appear in any of the club's impressions) will improve the look of it. If they had shown us what the finished stadium would look like then a more accurate idea of how it will look would be possible, in the absence of that we can only speculate. That it will look vastly improved on the old stadium is not in doubt, but it should be possible to be honest about any shortcomings.