PDA

View Full Version : Ticket office bans tourists from Sunday's game (Merged threads)

Jamesie
17-08-2010, 04:22 PM
Just had a call from a very annoyed Australian friend of mine over for the Festival. She's a big football fan and was looking forward to seeing the Hibees when she was over.

I should add that she's about 5 ft 2, although obviously poses a high risk of a) causing trouble or b) passing her ticket on to a Rangers fan. That can be the only reason why, when she traipsed down to the ticket office this afternoon, she was refused a ticket because she hadn't been to a Hibs game before.

Now I appreciate that rules are rules and there was trouble the last time Rangers came calling with away fans in the home end. But, in the middle of the Edinburgh Festival when the town is brimming with tourists I would have hoped some discretion could be exercised - especially when we have a new increased capacity which we need all the help we can to fill.

I know I can probably resolve this by arranging for tickets using my own Hibs reference number, but why should it be that difficult? What if my friend didn't know any existing Hibs fans, like the many tourists who will not have such contacts and who will be denied the opportunity to share any positive experiences of watching the Hibees with friends and family when they get home. Hibs are effectively ensuring the "brand" cannot spread.

Stories like this really make me angry with Hibs' administration. :grr:

Mikey
17-08-2010, 04:23 PM
These are SPL rules, not Hibs rules.

Jamesie
17-08-2010, 04:29 PM

Not doubting you Mikey, but this:
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/HowToBook/0,,10290,00.html

"Following supporter feedback and an internal review at the club, Hibernian FC confirmed clear procedures for fans wishing to purchase match tickets."

Suggests this was a Hibs' decision rather than an SPL Rule. I note there is reference to SPL Rules and Guidance further down the page, but only in the context of the sale of tickets to away games. :confused:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
17-08-2010, 04:30 PM
If she's cute she can have ma laddies seat :greengrin

vein
17-08-2010, 04:38 PM
James,

I know that this wont resolve the issue of her traipsing down to the ground today but could you not buy the tickets on her behalf as you are on the database?

Jamesie
17-08-2010, 04:42 PM
James,

I know that this wont resolve the issue of her traipsing down to the ground today but could you not buy the tickets on her behalf as you are on the database?

You're right Dave and I'll probably end up buying tonight online and getting the money from her. :thumbsup:

Hibs Class
17-08-2010, 04:44 PM
Does that mean the SPL have separate rules for when the OF are the opposition? Presumably the SPL is usually happy with cash gates

Twiglet
17-08-2010, 04:50 PM
Is it not a rule about it because it's a category A game? Don't you have to be registered with the club for Category B games before you can buy for an A game?

Hibby Bairn
17-08-2010, 04:53 PM
Passport number taken at purchase should surely have sufficed no?

What a complete and utter nonsense.

silverhibee
17-08-2010, 04:54 PM

:agree:

Future17
17-08-2010, 04:58 PM
Just had a call from a very annoyed Australian friend of mine over for the Festival. She's a big football fan and was looking forward to seeing the Hibees when she was over.

I should add that she's about 5 ft 2, although obviously poses a high risk of a) causing trouble or b) passing her ticket on to a Rangers fan. That can be the only reason why, when she traipsed down to the ticket office this afternoon, she was refused a ticket because she hadn't been to a Hibs game before.

Now I appreciate that rules are rules and there was trouble the last time Rangers came calling with away fans in the home end. But, in the middle of the Edinburgh Festival when the town is brimming with tourists I would have hoped some discretion could be exercised - especially when we have a new increased capacity which we need all the help we can to fill.

I know I can probably resolve this by arranging for tickets using my own Hibs reference number, but why should it be that difficult? What if my friend didn't know any existing Hibs fans, like the many tourists who will not have such contacts and who will be denied the opportunity to share any positive experiences of watching the Hibees with friends and family when they get home. Hibs are effectively ensuring the "brand" cannot spread.

While I can understand your frustration, I'm with the ticket office/club/rules on this one.

In the middle of the Edinburgh Festival, any tourist seeking to buy a match ticket is just as likely to support Rangers as they are to support Hibs, or to remain truly neutral. It could even be argued that selling tickets to tourists who may not have any links to Hibs or Rangers increases the potential for trouble at the game.

One of the reasons the rules exist in their current form is to ensure the safety of the home support, which I am happy about.

With regard to your specific scenario, your friend's height is irrelevant and, as you've said, you are fortunately in a position to resolve the issue. Therefore, your friend will be able to attend the game and you'll have played your part in helping to spread the Hibernian brand. :thumbsup:

CropleyWasGod
17-08-2010, 05:01 PM

Can't see your point.

A passport number would help catch any baddies, but it wouldn't stop someone getting a sore face. The safety of the support is the most important issue in setting the ticket policy. Let's not also forget that Hibs had a poor record a while back for "not controlling their support"??, so it makes sense for them to be very cautious.

monktonharp
17-08-2010, 05:02 PM

What a complete and utter nonsense.:agree:exactly what i was thinking. what a bloody joke thgat place is,no doubt they will carry on with their " one ticket per ST HOLDER " for important all ticket games , if they build it,they will nae fill it:grr: even if they come

I'm_cabbaged
17-08-2010, 05:05 PM
If she's cute she can have ma laddies seat :greengrin

Ma laddie says if she cute she can have ma seat. :greengrin

HibbiesandtheBaddies
17-08-2010, 05:14 PM
Ma laddie says if she cute she can have ma seat. :greengrin

:greengrin

Hibby Bairn
17-08-2010, 05:20 PM
Passport would first of all prove she is a visitor. Secondly could be used to trace her if any trouble at game or ticket given to another person. You could combine this with a note of address whilst in UK and/or flight details.

Means that almost all risk taken away. I've never had any problem getting a ticket for a game whilst I've been abroad.

Hibs/Scottish/UK mindset.

Jamesie
17-08-2010, 05:23 PM
While I can understand your frustration, I'm with the ticket office/club/rules on this one.

In the middle of the Edinburgh Festival, any tourist seeking to buy a match ticket is just as likely to support Rangers as they are to support Hibs, or to remain truly neutral. It could even be argued that selling tickets to tourists who may not have any links to Hibs or Rangers increases the potential for trouble at the game.

One of the reasons the rules exist in their current form is to ensure the safety of the home support, which I am happy about.

With regard to your specific scenario, your friend's height is irrelevant and, as you've said, you are fortunately in a position to resolve the issue. Therefore, your friend will be able to attend the game and you'll have played your part in helping to spread the Hibernian brand. :thumbsup:

Really? So should neutrals be refused entry in general then?

tam4hibs
17-08-2010, 05:30 PM

Couldnt disagree more.

How can we (as a club) expect to try grow our own fanbase and core support by not allowing neutrals to come along to a game?

Not just tourists, but the influx of Polish / students etc that are in the city and if their first experience of trying to buy tickets was anything like your Aussie friends - then they would be immediately put off the club.:grr:

How many neutrals do Man Utd etc get in a season and the revenue it brings them? Unless the club actively seeks to bring new fans into the fold then attendances will drop year on year.

I think the club is poorly marketed in this regard. Edinburgh is the second biggest tourist destination in the whole country (outside London) and yet visitors wouldnt know we even have football teams here. Not to mention the huge financial district in Edinburgh attracting thousands of wealthy individuals to the city (needing hospitality etc).

There is so many things HFC could be doing to fill the stands and I hope they really focus on this in the coming years / months.

(ie - always thought half the south at Cat B games should be given to Schools. Filling the stadium and attracting the future followers of the club)!

Hainan Hibs
17-08-2010, 05:31 PM
Complete and utter nonscence decision from whoever made the rule (Not sure myself if it's SPL or Hibs).

With so many tourists over right now there must be at least a few into football. Allow tourists to buy tickets and they'll buy food during the game and may even make a few purchases at the club store, it makes business sense to let tourists in. I ken the safety precautions the club/SPL take but common sense should tell them a 5ft 2 Aussie woman isnae going to bring back the days of the CCS.

Viva_Palmeiras
17-08-2010, 05:40 PM
Donno what the others thought at the listening groups but I got the impression that walk ups in general were not the immediate priority

StevieC
17-08-2010, 05:44 PM
The rules were put in place for a reason.

Do people really think that the club wants to turn business away?

It's unfortunate that there may well be a few that miss out on a particular match but there would be a lot more complaints if we ended up with the opening of the new East Stand tainted with trouble with an infiltration of Rangers supporters.

Hibby Bairn
17-08-2010, 05:46 PM
As Hainan says....this lady is hardly going to be a high risk of the re-emergence of the CCS. And with other checks you could take the risks of trouble could be mitigated to make sure that the 99.9% of genuine neutrals can come to the game if they want to.

hibeeleicester
17-08-2010, 05:50 PM
With the increased capacity, why can we not have a "neutral section" like they have it Craven cottage?

StevieC
17-08-2010, 05:52 PM
How can we (as a club) expect to try grow our own fanbase and core support by not allowing neutrals to come along to a game?

One off Festival visitors are not going increase the fanbase. Long term visitors have the ability to attend games by simply purchasing a ticket (Cat B) from the ticket office whilst registering themselves for Cat A.

PaulSmith
17-08-2010, 06:09 PM
Tough as it may sound I'm with the TO here as Hibs have absolutely no way of knowing if this Aussie girl is indeed Brenda fi Castlemilk who just happens to watch Neighbours all day and can do an Oz accent to get her and her fella Billy two tickets for the Hibs end as the Huns one is sold out.

The TO is not banning her, there is a method that is well publicised that Hibs will sell tickets to people on the database who can then vouch for others.

hibbybrian
17-08-2010, 06:18 PM
One off Festival visitors are not going increase the fanbase. Long term visitors have the ability to attend games by simply purchasing a ticket (Cat B) from the ticket office whilst registering themselves for Cat A.

So any OF fan can simply pay about 20 quid for a Cat B game (and not even attend) and be assured of tickets to all future OF games at ER in the home end - sounds like a bargain rather than a deterant to me :confused:

StevieC
17-08-2010, 06:24 PM
So any OF fan can simply pay about 20 quid for a Cat B game (and not even attend) and be assured of tickets to all future OF games at ER in the home end - sounds like a bargain rather than a deterant to me :confused:

If they want to go to those sort of lengths to sit on their hands for 90+ minutes, then the answer is yes.

Of course the first time they give themselves away as an OF supporter then they'll be ejected and black-listed on the database.

Do you have a better alternative? I'm sure the ticket office will be interested to hear it.

At the moment it seems that some are suggesting that ticket office staff be trained up to be able to distinguish OF supporters by sight alone.

:rolleyes:

Phil D. Rolls
17-08-2010, 06:25 PM
Why not simply allow the legions of police who are paid to stop trouble to do their job - surely it is simple enough to eject someone who is acting the goat at a game.

There comes a point when we have to stop saying "what if" and just react to what's in front of us. Anyway, how many people have had anything more than their feelings hurt at the footy in recent years.

And another thing, if the neds want to get into the ground they will find a way.

down-the-slope
17-08-2010, 06:38 PM
With the increased capacity, why can we not have a "neutral section" like they have it Craven cottage?

:agree: exactly what i was thinking when reading through thread

tam4hibs
17-08-2010, 06:38 PM

Hmmm really? One off festival visitors?

You mean the biggest arts festival on the planet that literally attracts milliions of people to our city - and by targeting this it wouldnt increase our fanbase? :confused:

I went to Newcastle a couple of years ago for work, went to one of their games and I now go down regularly as i enjoyed the experience so much.

Wouldnt the same happen to tourists visiting the city? They aint all from far afield...! and even if it means the ones who are only here for 1 game a year - it could be said there as many local 'supporters' who struggle to make that one game a year aswell.

I for one would hate to see any currant buns get into the home end - but as another poster said its simple enough to eject them. or identification needed etc when purchasing a ticket.

Or... hows about everybody who buys a ticket for the tattoo or visit the castle get a £2 off voucher for a game at ER. Easy, simple and very cheap marketing i say!? Surely this would be as much of a detterent as the Cat B puchase idea and give us some advertising to the visiting millions...?

(Jeez, some people get paid £££ for coming up with such good marketing ideas).

Wakeyhibee
17-08-2010, 06:51 PM
Had a problem with a young upstart at Ticketmaster who refused to sell me a ticket for my son as he could not find him on the register. Even after I explained he was an ST last year, in the hibskids for numerous years and that I bought him a ticket for the Maribor game thru them, he still refused.

In the end I gave up speaking to the arrogant t i t and called Hibs direct who did find him although his surname was spelt incorrectly.

What a farce !!! not the ticket office's but this and the OP's predicament shows how people are actively discouraged from going to ER.

hibbybrian
17-08-2010, 07:00 PM
If they want to go to those sort of lengths to sit on their hands for 90+ minutes, then the answer is yes.

Of course the first time they give themselves away as an OF supporter then they'll be ejected and black-listed on the database.

Of course the first time the tourist gives themselves away then they'll be ejected and black-listed on the database.

So effectively what you're saying is that there are no differences in the security risks but that the only difference between the 2 situations is that Hibs will have scored an extra 20 quid from the OF fan.

Do you have a better alternative? I'm sure the ticket office will be interested to hear it.

At the moment it seems that some are suggesting that ticket office staff be trained up to be able to distinguish OF supporters by sight alone.

Personally I'd be more reassured by someone who had given a passport number as their reference than a possibly shady shared address to post their tickets to but you can feel free to roll your eyes as much as you feel you need to :cool2:

StevieC
17-08-2010, 07:14 PM
You mean the biggest arts festival on the planet that literally attracts milliions of people to our city

Thats the one. And for any Cat B game I'd totally agree. The problem is that Cat A games carry a greater risk and it is for this reason there are a different set of rules. It is unfortunate that the festival coincides with the Rangers game but if there was one Cat A game that was riskier than any other then surely it has to be this game. Trying to completely change a set of rules that were introduced to prevent potential trouble spots at this fixture because of the festival is not, IMHO, a good idea.

Edinburgh has visitors all summer and there will be another 2 opportunites before the end of September for visitors to take in a league game at ER.
Infact, last season visitors here for the duration of the festival could have taken in the St Mirren game and then the Celtic game no problem at all.

Wouldnt the same happen to tourists visiting the city? They aint all from far afield...! and even if it means the ones who are only here for 1 game a year - it could be said there as many local 'supporters' who struggle to make that one game a year aswell.

And most years this would be possible, even with the current ticket regulations.

Or... hows about everybody who buys a ticket for the tattoo or visit the castle get a £2 off voucher for a game at ER. Easy, simple and very cheap marketing i say!? Surely this would be as much of a detterent as the Cat B puchase idea and give us some advertising to the visiting millions...?

Not a bad idea.
Might depend on how much these places charged Hibs to market it though, as to whether it would be cost effective.

marinello59
17-08-2010, 07:17 PM
Didn't we have a thread or two running on here before the last game against the Huns protesting at the possible infiltration of the home support by away fans? There were plenty here willing to say what they would do if they ended up with an away fan sat near them. The club can't win can they really?

HH81
17-08-2010, 07:18 PM
. I had a problem with the ticket office other week and they had to ring me 3 times to sort it. This was after they made a mistake.

Speedy
17-08-2010, 07:18 PM
The rules are clear and have been for a while. I don't really agree with the common sense 'she is only 5'2", what trouble is she going to cause' argument because a line has to be drawn somewhere and the rules should to be the same for everyone.

StevieC
17-08-2010, 07:26 PM
So effectively what you're saying is that there are no differences in the security risks but that the only difference between the 2 situations is that Hibs will have scored an extra 20 quid from the OF fan.

No. What is being said is that by introducing the requirement for a supporter to purchase a Cat B game, to be able to get on the database, you are making it harder for OF fans to easily purchase tickets and ultimately reducing the security risk. It seems fairly clear to me.

Before you get too excited though, yes it is simply reducing the risk, it's not fool proof and yes (if someone wants to go that extra mile) they can by-pass it. Seems to me though they'd be better off putting the extra effort into simply getting a ticket for their own end.

Iggy Pope
17-08-2010, 07:36 PM
This is unbelievable to me.
I've bought walk up tickets for league matches at Athletico Madrid, PSG, Valencia, Seville, Betis, Bilbao, Arsenal, Man City, Bolton, Notts Forest, Cardiff City, Sunderland, Southampton, Aston Villa and even for the Croatian National Side in a WC qualifier in Zagreb without being asked for as much as a bus pass for ID.

And I would have been gutted to find that any of those places had nonsense like this in place.

Says a lot about the way we do business. If you can call it that.

'We're from the capital'

Mah Baws!

iwasthere1972
17-08-2010, 07:41 PM
I've no idea (and I don't suppose anybody does) what the actual number of tourists we are talking about but even if it's 100, it stops the risk of thousands of OF fans sitting in the "home" stands. It's a small price to pay.

The Hibs ticket office take a fair amount of stick and sometimes not justified.

Calvin
17-08-2010, 07:44 PM
Home games in August should be official fringe events and one or two blocks of seating should be allocated to any visitors to our city who are looking to see a game while they are here. With the new stand open I see no harm in allocating a section to neutral observers, and if Rangers fans did buy tickets for it then at least they wouldn't be in amongst the Hibs support.

Even if they were in amongst the Hibs support, they can't say anything otherwise they get chucked out - I'd happily have their £27 to be quite honest!

hibee_nation
17-08-2010, 07:47 PM
The rules are clear and have been for a while. I don't really agree with the common sense 'she is only 5'2", what trouble is she going to cause' argument because a line has to be drawn somewhere and the rules should to be the same for everyone.

I agree a line has to be drawn somewhere but should it not be those below 5 ft 3 ins are ok. :greengrin

Speedy
17-08-2010, 07:48 PM
Home games in August should be official fringe events and one or two blocks of seating should be allocated to any visitors to our city who are looking to see a game while they are here. With the new stand open I see no harm in allocating a section to neutral observers, and if Rangers fans did buy tickets for it then at least they wouldn't be in amongst the Hibs support.

Even if they were in amongst the Hibs support, they can't say anything otherwise they get chucked out - I'd happily have their £27 to be quite honest!

Perhaps Hibs/Hearts could ask the SPL to have no Cat A games at home in August to prevent this problem? Can't see it happening but it's the easiest solution I can think of.

7Hero
17-08-2010, 07:50 PM
as someone who has sat next and seen many rangers cltic or indeed hearts fans in the stadium always in the west i am delighted hibs are making it harder for them to buy tickets.

there should be restrictions like this in place absolutely, any effects or our fan base or future attendances will be complletely inelligible.

unfortunately in order to stop these fans obtaining tickets some good people are unable to buy them but thats the price you pay to keep the twats out.

Luna Landing
17-08-2010, 08:04 PM
Completely agree with OP but I'm losing the will to live with this discussion. Hibs are supposed to be a family club abd a well run modern business . Surely its not beyond the witof the ticket office to develop a procedure for dealing with this situation ie put the person on the database provided they can provide photo ID - its good enough at the airport . That way Hibs are covered for security and the visitor gets to see the game - whats difficult .Surely we want to encourage as many people as possible toattend games. I understand that Hibs dont necessarily set the rules but its up to Hibs to find a way round them that satisfies everyone end of.

Dalkeith
17-08-2010, 08:10 PM
No. What is being said is that by introducing the requirement for a supporter to purchase a Cat B game, to be able to get on the database, you are making it harder for OF fans to easily purchase tickets and ultimately reducing the security risk. It seems fairly clear to me.

Before you get too excited though, yes it is simply reducing the risk, it's not fool proof and yes (if someone wants to go that extra mile) they can by-pass it. Seems to me though they'd be better off putting the extra effort into simply getting a ticket for their own end.

security risk was forgotten about when huns came to er and won the league last season, upper west was full of them using the corporate route to get to see game, it was very close to kicking off big time but no doubt hibs made a few pounds out of it with no thought for the safety of their own fans

jgl07
17-08-2010, 08:22 PM
Does that mean the SPL have separate rules for when the OF are the opposition? Presumably the SPL is usually happy with cash gates
I suspect the Police are somehow involved with the rules.

1875 NO 1
17-08-2010, 08:28 PM

Not convinced thats correct.

But they are allowed to sell hundreds of corporate ticks to old firm filth. And have them sing and cheer in the hibs main stand.

Stantons Angel
17-08-2010, 08:49 PM
Everytime i have logged in tonight i have been met with somebody going off on one about our ticket office staff or procedures!

I can understand the frustrations that not getting what you want brings, but rules are put in place for a reason.
The one concerning category A games against Rangers, Celtic and Hearts has been in place for many years and is well advertised.
They are there to protect not only the club but the Hibs supporters who want to watch their team in the safety of their own stadium.

Last seasons game with Rangers was a perfect example of what happens if the great unwanted are allowed in with the decent support............... CHAOS!!!!
They entered the game late, didnt know where the seat was for the ticket they held, had blue tshirts under a zipped up jacket and when questioned the weegie accent roared out true and clear.......
Many were ejected when they jumped up to celebrate rangers goals, they forgot were they were? This started many squabbles in the west stand and hibs supporters scurried them out on their backsides!!

If a fight or stramash breaks out and a child or elderly person is hurt, who will be blamed then....... the ticket office for selling them tickets............they just cant win!
These people are doing their jobs and dont need to be accused of banning tourists or of not letting someone ,who hasnt paid to see a game at easter road for years, purchase a ticket
for this game.

I dont think many of our readers would stand for the abuse and the way that the ticket office staff are spoken to. by some of our own support?

I know i couldnt and wouldnt! So please get the facts right before you go off on one,,,,,and
GIE THEM A BREAK!!!!! :rolleyes:

jabis
17-08-2010, 09:04 PM
I think the staff at the ticket office are great,even if I'm a bit grumpy :thumbsup:

clerriehibs
17-08-2010, 09:19 PM

Some tourist comes along to Easter Road because they've heard Rangers are playing. They won't get a ticket in the Rangers' end, so sit amongst the home fans. They have no allegiance to Hibs, but have heard of Rangers. So Rangers score a goal, the tourist enthusiastically applauds it ... and gets a) a kicking or b) a torrent of foul-mouthed abuse and ejected from the stadium.

These days, it doesn't work. Football stadiums seem to be the place where the neanderthals can spread their tribalism. Tourists aren't allowed to cheer on the opposition.

It's not Hibs fault, it's the tw a ts that follow Hibs or any other club who can't tolerate someone else supporting another team sitting amongst them.

What is it you want?

iwasthere1972
17-08-2010, 09:29 PM
I think the staff at the ticket office are great,even if I'm a bit grumpy :thumbsup:

:agree: Never had a problem with them either. They do a great service most of the time and don't get much thanks for it either. On a couple of occasions they promised to call me back and were true to their word.

monktonharp
17-08-2010, 09:35 PM
The rules were put in place for a reason.

Do people really think that the club wants to turn business away?

It's unfortunate that there may well be a few that miss out on a particular match but there would be a lot more complaints if we ended up with the opening of the new East Stand tainted with trouble with an infiltration of Rangers supporters.oh dear,were opening a new section of the ground against Rangers,lets be ultra-concious that someone might start argueing,or drop a bit of pizza doon someones neck:rolleyes: in fact nae strangers allowed,that'll sort it.:bitchy:

(((Fergus)))
17-08-2010, 09:39 PM
You're right Dave and I'll probably end up buying tonight online and getting the money from her. :thumbsup:

that's no way to treat a guest :bitchy:

new malkyhib
17-08-2010, 09:47 PM
security risk was forgotten about when huns came to er and won the league last season, upper west was full of them using the corporate route to get to see game, it was very close to kicking off big time but no doubt hibs made a few pounds out of it with no thought for the safety of their own fans

:top marksThe club will brush things under the carpet when it suits them as regards to accommodating the ugly sisters (i.e. when it makes them a few bob). I was one of the attendees at the forums held at the end of last season when the subject of the wider marketing of the Hibs when the Festival was on was brought up...

Cue blank faces all round from Fyfe and the other directors present...

jgl07
17-08-2010, 10:50 PM
It's called the West Stand!

Jones28
17-08-2010, 11:08 PM
Some tourist comes along to Easter Road because they've heard Rangers are playing. They won't get a ticket in the Rangers' end, so sit amongst the home fans. They have no allegiance to Hibs, but have heard of Rangers. So Rangers score a goal, the tourist enthusiastically applauds it ... and gets a) a kicking or b) a torrent of foul-mouthed abuse and ejected from the stadium.

These days, it doesn't work. Football stadiums seem to be the place where the neanderthals can spread their tribalism. Tourists aren't allowed to cheer on the opposition.

It's not Hibs fault, it's the tw a ts that follow Hibs or any other club who can't tolerate someone else supporting another team sitting amongst them.

What is it you want?

pretty sure the average tourist has a bit more common sense than that

drifter533814
18-08-2010, 12:24 AM

The dragging knuckle's surely gives them away????!!!!!!

Hibernian Verse
18-08-2010, 01:09 AM
It's called the West Stand!

I hope by that you mean the corporate section.

:bye:

StevieC
18-08-2010, 07:47 AM
oh dear,were opening a new section of the ground against Rangers,lets be ultra-concious that someone might start argueing,or drop a bit of pizza doon someones neck:rolleyes: in fact nae strangers allowed,that'll sort it.:bitchy:

You quoted me, so I'll reply.

Nowhere did I mention any of the above was an issue! Have you read the thread? It's not about how HIBS fans behave, it's about preventing OF fans purchasing tickets for the home end. Would you like to contribute to the discussion?

Who would you blame if the pizza you talk about was actually thrown at the back of your neck by a group of Rangers supporters that had just jumped up to celebrate a last minute goal?

Frazerbob
18-08-2010, 08:21 AM
We'll have a better idea after Sunday however most folk suspect the ground will be far from full due to the new increased capaity. Can I suggest that the answer to problem of Weegies in the home end is simple.....give them more tickets.

I would imagine for a run of the mill game (ie not a league decider) an extra 1000-2000 tickets will completely satisfy the demand from Rangers or Celtc. Give them the South end of the West stand like they used to get with the old main stand and the problem will be slolved.

Tin hat on!

tam4hibs
18-08-2010, 08:30 AM
Not a bad idea.
Might depend on how much these places charged Hibs to market it though, as to whether it would be cost effective.

Thanks! :greengrin

The more I read this thread the more i sway from side to side of the argument. Rock and Hard place when asked to increase fans attending the matches but also ensure the enjoyment / security and atmosphere for fans.

I think my grievances are more with the way the club (poorly IMHO) market themselves. Personally I would like to see the HFC brand a hell of a lot more around Edinburgh, attracting those lost fans back to ER on a more regular basis.

For example; last year was the 'Homecoming Year' where the scottish government were trying to attract millions of ex-pats / tourists back to Scotland. I always thought Hibs shouldve jumped on the bandwagon with a 'homecoming' theme / marketing campaign!

There ya go Hibs, three good ideas so far for free:

Marketing to tourists (via tattoo / festival / castle visits / tourist companies)?
Homecoming theme to attract back the old I used to go' fans to see the new look ER?
Tickets for schools for smaller games? Packs out the South. Good press. And potential to increase our fanbase in years to come (also if a bairn enjoyed it no doubt they'd be nagging their folks to take them the following week)?
If, as I suspect, any of the Hibs Board read this thread then feel free to get in touch should you require a new 'Executive Marketing Consultant' :wink:

PS - no issues with the Ticket Office staff whatsoever. Always have been very accomodating when needing any help!! :top marks

Hibbyradge
18-08-2010, 08:37 AM
http://teaminfocus.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/2346699537_c78f20b3d61.jpg

StevieC
18-08-2010, 09:25 AM
Give them the South end of the West stand like they used to get with the old main stand and the problem will be slolved.

Tin hat on!

You'll need that tin hat.

There's no way that I am giving up my season ticket seat for some bigoted jaikie from Kirkintilloch!!

There is no home stand in the stadium (other than the South Stand) that opposing supporters could be properly segregated. Maybe the East Standers would be happy to give up their seat and move to the South for these games, that would provide the Hun with an additional 3,000 tickets.

St Johnstone used move their support out of their East Stand for OF visits to capitalise in potential income. Made the club a little extra cash but distanced a lot of supporters.

Frazerbob
18-08-2010, 09:33 AM
You'll need that tin hat.

There's no way that I am giving up my season ticket seat for some bigoted jaikie from Kirkintilloch!!

There is no home stand in the stadium (other than the South Stand) that opposing supporters could be properly segregated. Maybe the East Standers would be happy to give up their seat and move to the South for these games, that would provide the Hun with an additional 3,000 tickets.

St Johnstone used move their support out of their East Stand for OF visits to capitalise in potential income. Made the club a little extra cash but distanced a lot of supporters.

There will be a lot of folk with the same opinion and I'd not be too happy about giving up my seat. Maybe the new East was the perfect chance to do this?

It's not that long ago Rantic and Hearts got the old South Stand and the Dunbar End, totaling about 9000 tickets IIRC. Now they only get around 3800. The home end is roughly the same size as back in those days.

An extra 2000 Rantic fans 6 times a season would mean an extra £300k in the coffers. that'll get us a coupe of decent players every year. Oh and we'd be able to sell tickets to short Aussie birds the Jamsie is trying to fire into as well!

Should we not at least look at the bigger picture than a few folk getting upset about having to move seat?

Dashing Bob S
18-08-2010, 09:41 AM
Call me elitist if you like, but I think we have too many supporters at present. I certainly don't want any foreigners or 'fans' of other clubs coming willy-nilly to our stadium.

Supporters seeking entry ER should have to prove their Hibs credentials - the place should be as exclusive as a west end club, with strict dress codes, and a certain etiquette.

If we don't have standards, what sets us apart from the masses?

Good show, the ticket office. I only wish they were always as rigorous as they have been on this occasion and that the so-called 'stewards' took a leaf out of their book and turned away the riff-raff and the shoddily-dressed.

StevieC
18-08-2010, 09:45 AM
Should we not at least look at the bigger picture than a few folk getting upset about having to move seat?

It's not just a few folk though, it's around 2,000. And even more could be affected with being held back while they disperse the OF supporters.

If supporters get themselves in a tizzy over a handful of tourists missing a game I dread to think the sort of uproar that this could cause. The bandwidth would be in meltdown!

Frazerbob
18-08-2010, 09:54 AM
It's not just a few folk though, it's around 2,000. And even more could be affected with being held back while they disperse the OF supporters.

If supporters get themselves in a tizzy over a handful of tourists missing a game I dread to think the sort of uproar that this could cause. The bandwidth would be in meltdown!

Would it be as many as 2000 with a lot of folk relocating to the East? Lets see how the stands look at the ICT game. That'll give us a better idea of how the ST holders are spread around. I'd imagine there will be a few more gaps in the West and FF stands.

I don't know where I stand on this TBH. I'm playing devils advocate suggesting it might be a solution to the various issues in this thread and it would bring in some extra cash. But you are spot on, it would piss off a lot of punters for a number of reasons.

marinello59
18-08-2010, 10:03 AM
We'll have a better idea after Sunday however most folk suspect the ground will be far from full due to the new increased capaity. Can I suggest that the answer to problem of Weegies in the home end is simple.....give them more tickets.

I would imagine for a run of the mill game (ie not a league decider) an extra 1000-2000 tickets will completely satisfy the demand from Rangers or Celtc. Give them the South end of the West stand like they used to get with the old main stand and the problem will be slolved.

Tin hat on!

Segregation would be impossible. The concourse at that end is really small, even compared to the other end of the stand. They would have to be given that entire side and that would mean a hefty amount of disgruntled punters.

Bunter
18-08-2010, 10:06 AM
Call me elitist if you like, but I think we have too many supporters at present. I certainly don't want any foreigners or 'fans' of other clubs coming willy-nilly to our stadium.

Supporters seeking entry ER should have to prove their Hibs credentials - the place should be as exclusive as a west end club, with strict dress codes, and a certain etiquette.

If we don't have standards, what sets us apart from the masses?

Good show, the ticket office. I only wish they were always as rigorous as they have been on this occasion and that the so-called 'stewards' took a leaf out of their book and turned away the riff-raff and the shoddily-dressed.
That, as usual Bob, is quality. :top marks

Frazerbob
18-08-2010, 10:11 AM
Segregation would be impossible. The concourse at that end is really small, even compared to the other end of the stand. They would have to be given that entire side and that would mean a hefty amount of disgruntled punters.

I know but that's what they used to get in old main stand and we could fit every Hibs fan in the North end of the West, FF and East stands. Just a seggestion! I would estimate that the entire south end of the West will hold around 2500. With curent ST sales I'd recon around half the seats at most will house ST holders. This is probably the least popular area for Hibs fans with the north end of the West being the more traditional Hibs end of that stand. Remember the old North Stand feet stampers?

Pure guesswork obviously but as I said above, we'll have a better idea after the ICT game.

marinello59
18-08-2010, 10:17 AM
I know but that's what they used to get in old main stand and we could fit every Hibs fan in the North end of the West, FF and East stands. Just a seggestion! I would estimate that the entire south end of the West will hold around 2500. With curent ST sales I'd recon around half the seats at most will house ST holders. This is probably the least popular area for Hibs fans with the north end of the West being the more traditional Hibs end of that stand. Remember the old North Stand feet stampers?

Pure guesswork obviously but as I said above, we'll have a better idea after the ICT game.

I would of course argue it would be better to open a section up for them in the East. Easier to throw a cage across the concourse in there I hope. I don't want them near me. :greengrin

Frazerbob
18-08-2010, 10:20 AM
I would of course argue it would be better to open a section up for them in the East. Easier to throw a cage across the concourse in there I hope. I don't want them near me. :greengrin

:agree: It should have, at the very least, been looked into.