PDA

View Full Version : Ibiza

CB_NO3
10-08-2010, 04:57 PM
Hi guys am going to Ibiza on the 7th Sept till the 16th, got cheap flights and I fancy a party. I have never been before so what does everyone reccomend. I am going to go to the Ibiza Rocks closing party gig and afterparty. Also what are prices like for beers in clubs and also in bars round and about San Antonio. It should be Champs League by then so ill be up for watching games in pubs. Ill not be going clubbing everynight as I wont afford that.

Anyway ill welcome any suggestions and past experiences about the place.

Cheers
CB

bingo70
10-08-2010, 05:21 PM
Hi guys am going to Ibiza on the 7th Sept till the 16th, got cheap flights and I fancy a party. I have never been before so what does everyone reccomend. I am going to go to the Ibiza Rocks closing party gig and afterparty. Also what are prices like for beers in clubs and also in bars round and about San Antonio. It should be Champs League by then so ill be up for watching games in pubs. Ill not be going clubbing everynight as I wont afford that.

Cheers
CB

I'm away there on sunday for a fortnight :partyhibb

Was there a few years ago, my memory of the place is you've got the main strip in San antonio which is a bit of a dump, could be in Tenerife, Benidorm or Blackpool but it is cheaper there, for the nicer bars though walk a bit further round either way, one way you've got places like Bar M, the other way you've got bars like cafe del mar, much much nicer but more expensive there, although not as daft as the clubs.

During the day though i'll be spending a lot of time at the highlander at san antonio, good scottish bar that's on the main strip at san antonio, IIRC that'd be yer best bet for the football, i imagine i'll be watching the hibs rangers game there.

Cannae help you much with regards to clubs etc, i did it on a budget last time so stayed away from them as they are silly expensive, i went to space with a belting hangover, managed one drink at £15 then went back to my bed.

Hope that helps, was a few years ago so i could well be talking pish but think i'm right. :wink:

CB_NO3
11-08-2010, 01:31 AM
Cheers for the reply mate, I dont think ill be drinking in the main clubs, ill try and get bevied I go in. I might only go a couple of times to see what they are like. Anyway have fun.

Wembley67
11-08-2010, 06:41 AM
Don't even touch San Antonio, apart from Cafe del Mar there is nothing you would look at twice - horrible place.

Now get along to Playa Den Bossa (along the road), now that is a lovely wee place and carries quite a bit more class from quite a few different nationalities unlike San Antonio which is rammed with football strip wearers.

All IMHO mind you :greengrin

CB_NO3
11-08-2010, 04:45 PM
Cheers for the info there Wembley67, I aint booked digs yet, will bare that in mind, am still looking for of beers prices in bars around Ibiza, I here its expensive.

Wembley67
11-08-2010, 05:00 PM
Cheers for the info there Wembley67, I aint booked digs yet, will bare that in mind, am still looking for of beers prices in bars around Ibiza, I here its expensive.

I honestly can't really remember :greengrin, I don't recall it being extortionate outwith the clubs. Like many places it's as expensive as you make it.

bingo70
11-08-2010, 05:01 PM

IIRC it's not too bad in the bars, especially during the day, it's no cheap but it's pretty standard prices, think it's only really in the clubs that you get really ripped off.

Was a few years back i was there but i'm expecting to be paying around the £3 a pint mark during the day and probably closer to around £5 at night, not including the big clubs obviously.

bigstu
11-08-2010, 10:51 PM
if your sensible then you'll get by, if your not then you'll run out of money after a day or so! it's as expensive as they say it is but each bar will offer you a promotion to get you in their bar (say a jug of cocktail & a shot for 10), just take them up on their offer & then move on to the next bar for their offer. if you buy drinks at full price then it'll be george street edinburgh prices, also have a few before you head out as you can get a can of beer for 50p in the supermarket, which is a fraction of the cost of a bar. if you don't have a lot of money then don't even entertain the thought of going to a club, they are 30 to get in & 20 a drink (no joke!).

ibiza is amazing, you'll have a great time & meet some top notch people & as i say if your sensible you'll get by.

)

Gus
12-08-2010, 03:38 PM
IBIZA is one of the best holidays i have ever been on...........also one of the most expensive :boo hoo:

You will be there during the closing party's, so your gonna look at 30 euro + to get into a club, drinks were 17 euro's for a vodka lemonade, brutal

If you are in Eden then there is bar eden outside which offers 2 beers (small0 for 6 euro's.....so take a breather have a beer then back in you go.

like someone said san antonio is no different to any main drag, but **** it u r in Ibiza, head down to cafe del mar for the sunset as it amazing

have a good one

cammy1969
16-08-2010, 11:02 PM
heading over next w/end so will be in the highlander for the st mirren game expect to pay about 4 euro's for a bottle of bud in the west end in san an but you'll get 2 for that round in the bay well thats what we were paying last year

CB_NO3
17-08-2010, 04:38 PM
What clubs does everyone reccomend out all the big ones, I may only go to 1 or 2. Plus how far are they away from San Antonio, I take it they are all taxi jobs.

Barney McGrew
17-08-2010, 06:04 PM
What clubs does everyone reccomend out all the big ones, I may only go to 1 or 2. Plus how far are they away from San Antonio, I take it they are all taxi jobs.

It very much depends on the kind of music you're into TBH.

If you like your chunky/trance stuff then Tiesto is playing weekly on Mondays at Priviledge and Cream is on at Amnesia on Thursdays. Both of them are half way between San An and Ibiza Town - go either by taxi or the disco bus (it's an experience going back to San An on it in the morning too :greengrin)

The most stunning club is in Ibiza Town, where the music tends to be far more house orientated. Pacha is by far and away the best on the island to look at, and both Guetta and the Swedish House Mafia have got weekly residencies this summer.

Space is in Playa den Bossa, and the tunes are more techno orientated these days. Do it at least once when you're there, it's hilarious especially with the casualties on the terrace :cool2: Unfortunately it now closes at 6am, so the days of the legendary carry on on a Tuesday morning after Manumission are now gone :boo hoo:

Make sure you do the sunset bars in San An when you're there, even if it's just so you can say you're experienced it. You'll also find you can generally buy tickets in advance at them for the big clubs, some of which will give you a free drink deal on entry. It's worth keeping an eye out for them.

Most of all - enjoy :agree:

CB_NO3
17-08-2010, 10:06 PM
It very much depends on the kind of music you're into TBH.

If you like your chunky/trance stuff then Tiesto is playing weekly on Mondays at Priviledge and Cream is on at Amnesia on Thursdays. Both of them are half way between San An and Ibiza Town - go either by taxi or the disco bus (it's an experience going back to San An on it in the morning too :greengrin)

The most stunning club is in Ibiza Town, where the music tends to be far more house orientated. Pacha is by far and away the best on the island to look at, and both Guetta and the Swedish House Mafia have got weekly residencies this summer.

Space is in Playa den Bossa, and the tunes are more techno orientated these days. Do it at least once when you're there, it's hilarious especially with the casualties on the terrace :cool2: Unfortunately it now closes at 6am, so the days of the legendary carry on on a Tuesday morning after Manumission are now gone :boo hoo:

Make sure you do the sunset bars in San An when you're there, even if it's just so you can say you're experienced it. You'll also find you can generally buy tickets in advance at them for the big clubs, some of which will give you a free drink deal on entry. It's worth keeping an eye out for them.

Most of all - enjoy :agree:
Cheers for the info mate. To be honest I dont know much difference between trance and house etc. Am more of an indie music fan but I like getting of my trolley listening to dance music at festivals thats why am looking forward to this. But ill experience a few of the big clubs to see what they are all about.

Ross4356
19-08-2010, 03:40 PM
Amnesia is a Must, best club in the world, Privilege is the biggest club in the world, DC10 on a Monday is awesome but be prepared to see some people in a state their, the Zoo project on a Sunday, Eden is gid to. Head to Coastline or Kanya during the day

But these are all place that play dance music, if its not your thing go to the west end in San Antonio and party on, cheap drink but its not the best place for birds, ration must be 3 guys to every chic

CallumLaidlaw
21-08-2010, 06:55 AM
Club wise, Sundays at space in playa den bossa is amazing, but very pricey.
As said previously, pacha is absolutely stunning.
As for the west end, ground zero at the bottom of the strip is a cracking indie/rock bar and there is also hogans rock which has a live band every night.
Plenty drinks promos in the west end. Kilties Scottish bar do 2 coronas for 6 euros at the minute.
Sunset is amazing. We always have a meal at savannah, which is next door to mambo and cafe del mar.
You will have an amazing time, guaranteed.

Ritchie
23-08-2010, 10:51 AM
ZOO PROJECT IS AN ABSOLUTE MUST!! :thumbsup:

bingo70
30-08-2010, 12:03 AM

Cheers
CB

Thats me just back, great time and a great place, sure you'll have an absolute ball :thumbsup:

If your doing it on a budget you'll need to box clever though, the west end is where you'll need to go to get tanked up before going to clubs, that's where you'd be going to watch the football anyway, i'd also recomend getting carry outs as beers from the supermarket are really cheap, to give you an idea you'll pay around 5-7 euros a drink at ibiza rocks, around 3-5 at the west end and you'll get 6 bottles of san miguel (which is strong stuff over there btw) for around 2.50 from the supermarket.

Something else you've got to do is go and see the sunset at cafe mambo, take a carry out though and sit on the rocks in front of the bar, you wont get a seat in mambo or the surrounding bars anyway so there's absolutely no benefit to buying drinks in there and you can still here the music from the bars, watching a sunset is probably the last thing you'd consider doing here but it's something youve just got to see when your there, especially as it ties in with drinking in one of the coolest bars around for the price of a carry out :wink:

No sure what clubs your into but i'd recomend hed kandi at es paradis, it's pretty commercial music, not overly busy, it's in san antonio so you dont have to mess about spending fortunes on taxis and it's not ridiculously expensive to get in, expensive bevvy though (13 euros for a vodka and fanta orange).

Other than bevvy though if your looking for stuff to do, the beach round at the bay is a million times better than the one in san antonio, well worth the half hour walk round or the 3 euro boat trip, can go to ibiza town for the day for something different, although if i was only going for 8 days i doubt i'd bother TBH or there's also a boat trip for 20 euros where you get taken to an island and can muck aboot jumping into the water and stuff, i never did this but my mates did and said it was great value for 20 quid..

Anyway i'm waffling now, i'm sure i'm telling you stuff thats already been covered, if i think of anything else i'll send you a PM. :greengrin

vein
30-08-2010, 09:14 PM
Bingo70, you wouldnt happen to have any pictures you want to share just to illustrate what a thongtas....sorry fantastic time you had? :wink:

bingo70
30-08-2010, 09:19 PM
Mr Vein, i think everyone has the right to remain anonymous on here, im sure you'd agree if you were in that picture as well!

vein
30-08-2010, 09:30 PM
Mr Vein, i think everyone has the right to remain anonymous on here, im sure you'd agree if you were in that picture as well!

And to think you and G were slagging off me for growing a beard last year :bitchy:

That photo is getting saved down for future usage :wink: You wear that Mankini well though man, although you maybe could have used photoshop to your advantage a little :wink:

CB_NO3
31-08-2010, 01:51 AM
Cheers for the info Bingo, sounds like you had a ball. Cant wait now, a week today and I am away. Just heard some good news that The Specials are closing Ibiza rocks aswell, delighted. Ill defo take in the sunset, sounds good and ill keep in mind the carry out option. As for the big clubs, ill play it by year when am over there, will probably only afford a couple, I fancy Space but ill see nearer the time. Anyway ill post when I get back and let you know how I get on.

Cheers
CB.