PDA

View Full Version : Should I stay or should I go

Hibee_Rab
02-08-2010, 11:04 PM
I live in England. Before the carlisle game I was going to go the maribor home match. After the last two games I'm not sure if there is any point going. Can anyone convince me to go?

Saorsa
02-08-2010, 11:09 PM
I live in England. Before the carlisle game I was going to go the maribor home match. After the last two games I'm not sure if there is any point going. Can anyone convince me to go?I'm going more in hope than expectation but you never know.

Imagine no being there if we do win and go through :cool2:

jgl07
02-08-2010, 11:12 PM
I live in England. Before the carlisle game I was going to go the maribor home match. After the last two games I'm not sure if there is any point going. Can anyone convince me to go?
It depend if you are a supporter or a glory hunter.

El Gubbz
02-08-2010, 11:13 PM
Seem some octopus on TV predict a 5-1 win for the hibees. 100% so far with the world cup predictions, that enough?:greengrin

Kevvy1875
02-08-2010, 11:15 PM
Of course you should.

Above all you will get a good gab in the boozers round ER with mates you probs have not seen for some time? Thats what it is all about for me...win, lose or draw that is the hook for me.....its a club and all in it together. Sounds like a cliche I know but its true.

At least if you come up and we are dissapointing then there will be willing punters to let you blow off some steam in their ear and get it off your chest.

down-the-slope
02-08-2010, 11:19 PM

Go...imagiene the pain of not being there and us pulling it off....you either weren't at the AEK match or have amnesia

Wakeyhibee
02-08-2010, 11:23 PM

Understand your frustration but there is no point going to a Hibs game unless you support Hibs win/lose/draw. Hope your convinced I have a long journey also

Toaods
02-08-2010, 11:27 PM
we'll probably be *****.

..the players will fall out with Yogi

... we'll score three own goals.

......but you might win the Happy Hibbee cash...:thumbsup:

pentlando
03-08-2010, 12:00 AM
At the end of the day it could be 5, 10 years till hibs have another european jaunt as you never know what can happen in football.

These are the games you work all season towards so don't let a bad 90 mins blurr your decision

Lucius Apuleius
03-08-2010, 05:52 AM
Look into your heart. The answer is within. If you are a true and faithful Hibby there will be no confusion.

Jack
03-08-2010, 06:00 AM
GordonTurnbull 06:52 AM Today
Look into your heart. The answer is
within. If you are a true and faithful
Hibby there will be no confusion.
... and if you dont hurry up there will be no ticket either!

Keith_M
03-08-2010, 07:12 AM
We only qualify for Europe once every five years, make the most of it :wink:

Dashing Bob S
03-08-2010, 07:32 AM
Under no circumstances go. Save your money for those crucial, meaningful SPL games against the likes of St Mirren and Motherwell. Because if we win enough of them, next year we'll be in Europe, playing against teams we haven't met five times a season for the last twenty years.

Sas_The_Hibby
03-08-2010, 08:43 AM
Look into your heart. The answer is within. If you are a true and faithful Hibby there will be no confusion.

That'll be a "Don't Go", then.................. :greengrin

Tollhouse Hibee
03-08-2010, 11:29 AM
get along to easter rd and support the boys. just imagine how much you would hate not being there as hibs are 3-0 up with 5 mins to go

LancashireHibby
03-08-2010, 11:31 AM
As mentioned, if we manage to even come close to levelling or winning the tie then it'll definitely be an "I was there" moment. I can't wait, personally.

mim
03-08-2010, 11:35 AM
Most of us spend the whole season hoping that somehow Hibs can get into Europe.
That's reason enough to make sure you don't miss this match.

hibsbollah
03-08-2010, 11:43 AM
I am looking forward to it a ridiculous amount. Chance to see some new players (Hart, De Graaf), see the new stand, shout abuse at John Rankin, it'll be great, regardless of the result:agree:

iwasthere1972
03-08-2010, 11:47 AM

Sorry but if you need to be convinced then I would just settle down with a nice cuppa and watch Eastenders. Will Darren get the snip? - that's the question.

The choice is yours. :agree:

Spike Mandela
03-08-2010, 12:03 PM

You have to weigh up the hassle and expense of getting up here and back against the potential of a memorable Hibs night.

However, how would you feel if you make all that effort and in the first 10 mins Maribor get an away goal thus producing a rather damp squib?

Your choice:greengrin

Hainan Hibs
03-08-2010, 12:08 PM
Or you could take the gamble and save the cash for the next round home tie if we got through.Even though I know the format has changed the "Third Qualifying Round" gives me Elfsborg Intertoto feelings rather than the buzz that the matches against Athens and Dnipro did.

Baldy Foghorn
03-08-2010, 12:09 PM
or you could take the gamble and save the cash for the next round home tie if we got through.even though i know the format has changed the "third qualifying round" gives me elfsborg intertoto feelings rather than the buzz that the matches against athens and dnipro did.

go !!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the love of hibernian...............................

Hibee_Rab
03-08-2010, 12:45 PM
Aye I'm going if I can get tickets today :flag: lets hope the carlisle match was to lull maribor into a false sense of security!

Hibee_Rab
03-08-2010, 12:58 PM
I can't find a train back to cumbria after the match :paranoid:

Lucius Apuleius
03-08-2010, 01:02 PM
Trek.

Speedy
03-08-2010, 01:23 PM
I'm not going. I was going to but to be honest I'm fed up with it. I really hope I regret my decision not to go.

Spike Mandela
03-08-2010, 01:24 PM
I'm not going. I was going to but to be honest I'm fed up with it. I really hope I regret my decision not to go.

Age 21 and no hope:bitchy: Wait till you get to my ****ing age!!!:greengrin

Spike Mandela
03-08-2010, 01:25 PM
I can't find a train back to cumbria after the match :paranoid:

Premier Inn, make a night of it:dizzy:

Hibee_Rab
03-08-2010, 01:35 PM
Might just walk home, 500 miles and all that.

bighairyfaeleith
03-08-2010, 01:36 PM
I'm going, I haven'y berated nish and rankin for weeks now:greengrin

vahibbie
03-08-2010, 01:41 PM
I'm going, I haven'y berated nish and rankin for weeks now:greengrin

At least no in person:wink:

Speedy
03-08-2010, 03:50 PM
Age 21 and no hope:bitchy: Wait till you get to my ****ing age!!!:greengrin

Hibs are better off without me. I had a season ticket when Williamson was manager then cancelled it the season Mowbray came. I've been working weekends the last few years and only went to the odd game but then I got a half season ticket this year...can you spot the pattern? :boo hoo:

Keith_M
03-08-2010, 06:15 PM
Hibs are better off without me. I had a season ticket when Williamson was manager then cancelled it the season Mowbray came. I've been working weekends the last few years and only went to the odd game but then I got a half season ticket this year...can you spot the pattern? :boo hoo:

Stay away ya Jinx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:grr:

:greengrin

Hibee_Rab
04-08-2010, 11:02 PM
All sorted, really excited now (unwise?:cool2:) see you all there :thumbsup: