PDA

View Full Version : Did yogi get it wrong again today?

blackpoolhibs
01-08-2010, 05:23 PM
Riordan Stokes and Nish played, yet we never troubled Carlisle's defence. :confused:

marinello59
01-08-2010, 05:32 PM
Riordan Stokes and Nish played, yet we never troubled Carlisle's defence. :confused:

Behave you. :bitchy: There's a world of difference between a tough friendly against Carlisle and an away tie in Europe. They would have got three each against Maribor. :agree:

MSK
01-08-2010, 05:33 PM
Riordan Stokes and Nish played, yet we never troubled Carlisle's defence. :confused:However you think we are ready tae go ..

"Just back myself, and thought it was a great run out for everyone. The 1st eleven should be sharp now, champing at the bit for thursdays game."

Cut oot the winding up pish Gary ..its getting rather boring now !!! :yawn:

Leith Green
01-08-2010, 05:33 PM
Football is eleven aside, these eleven are trained, coached, picked and set up tactically by hughes.. Gives him a pretty big hand in any defeat if u ask me ..

Seanair
01-08-2010, 05:37 PM

Don't know how the game went, i.e did they miss any easy chances? But forwards can only score if they get the ball from the midfield/defence, and we all know there's a lot wrong with our midfield /defence.

blackpoolhibs
01-08-2010, 05:43 PM
Don't know how the game went, i.e did they miss any easy chances? But forwards can only score if they get the ball from the midfield/defence, and we all know there's a lot wrong with our midfield /defence.

Hogg and Hanlon looked poor, and once again Ian Murray looks way off the standard needed as a left back. Hart looks decent, we seem to have filled that place at last, but left back imho has become as bad as our right side was. Stephens played well, and might be getting a lot more games than i thought an 18 year old would get. De Graff did nothing, and Rankin is just not good enough. As you say, the forwards need the ball, but the service to them was poor.

IWasThere2016
01-08-2010, 05:46 PM
Aye - he got it wrong. There's a first for everything! :agree:

:faf:

At The Edge
01-08-2010, 05:59 PM
Hogg and Hanlon looked poor, and once again Ian Murray looks way off the standard needed as a left back. Hart looks decent, we seem to have filled that place at last, but left back imho has become as bad as our right side was. Stephens played well, and might be getting a lot more games than i thought an 18 year old would get. De Graff did nothing, and Rankin is just not good enough. As you say, the forwards need the ball, but the service to them was poor.

This is a worry, i've only watched him twice so far this pre season, again nothing special, is he finding hard to adapt, or are the players around him just not on his wavelength, i.e hes always thinking 2 passes ahead where as the Hoggs and Rankins are struggling with what to do with the ball before it even gets to them.

Yogi has IMO until the end of August to sort the defence with new faces or life is going to get very tough for him if we go on a continued poor run. He must know by now whats required :confused: and who isn't shaping up for the new season.

GlesgaeHibby
01-08-2010, 07:22 PM

Did Yogi get it wrong? The clue is in bold :wink: