PDA

View Full Version : East Mains

Baldy Foghorn
31-07-2010, 07:55 PM
Whilst in Holland I was speaking to Plymouth Manager and a couple of Huddersfield representatives, and to a man they all said that most English clubs outwith the premiership, saw East Mains as a benchmark to work for....

Quite a compliment for Hibernian FC:agree:

And something we should all be proud of....

down-the-slope
31-07-2010, 08:01 PM
Yup when you think of Sauzee / Latapy etc training on public parks all over the place its quite a step up

Its already helped bring Millar / Stokes / DeGraff......

It will in time help bring though more youngsters as parents opt for the better facilities for their youngsters

The next step is to get an agreement with Ross High to allow 14/15/16 year olds to move to the area and be schooled there and integrate this with co-ordinated training / lifestyle coaching (Petrie.....we know you monitor :wink: Get it sorted :grr:)

hibsfan7
31-07-2010, 08:12 PM
Yesm what i have heard it is second to none
added with the ground almost finished

we could be looking at a golden era for hibs

iwasthere1972
31-07-2010, 08:17 PM
Whilst in Holland I was speaking to Plymouth Manager and a couple of Huddersfield representatives, and to a man they all said that most English clubs outwith the premiership, saw East Mains as a benchmark to work for....

Makes you proud to be a Hibby. Well done to all concerned - Off the field we've come a long way in such a short time.

:notworthy:

H18sry
31-07-2010, 08:21 PM

On Liverpool TV yesterday prior to the Academy program which showed the u-19's game, the presenter commented on our state of the art facility :thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
31-07-2010, 08:31 PM
On Liverpool TV yesterday prior to the Academy program which showed the u-19's game, the presenter commented on our state of the art facility :thumbsup:

When talking of Hearts he didn't say much different.

I believe his words were 'state of the ark facility'

:greengrin

Pretty Boy
31-07-2010, 08:35 PM

I think it was actually 'shares with the arts faculty'

Wembley67
31-07-2010, 08:46 PM

Haha, very good :greengrin

Mibbes Aye
31-07-2010, 09:00 PM

:tee hee:

:hilarious

Good to hear the various anecdotal accounts of how highly thought of the Hibs approach is.

It's only one part of the jigsaw and the benefits aren't necessarily quick or obvious, but it is a huge step forward in the development of Hibernian FC.

No.4
31-07-2010, 09:09 PM
Not trying to take anything away from the club because it's a great achievement, but does anyone else feel it's being terribly under used?

From what I understand from some of JH's comments they still only train a couple of hours a day and then leave. Why are there not class room sessions in the afternoon working on tactics and opposition etc?

If I've got the wrong end of the stick then my mistake but surely it's about more than just building an impressive training facility and then barely using it?

Still, it is a great asset to the club moving forward.

Viva_Palmeiras
31-07-2010, 09:10 PM
Surely the facility is just a means to an end though
Still work to be done
I'd caution against complacency for example to what extent does it act as a cocoon after a derby defeat being out on the public parks in touch with the public may mean more than skulking away to east mains
In fact after each derby defeat I'd advocate a session round Arthurs seat followed by public ridicule in stocks and a mock execution with waterboarding thrown in for good measure :)

Phil D. Rolls
01-08-2010, 09:40 AM
Yup when you think of Sauzee / Latapy etc training on public parks all over the place its quite a step up

It will in time help bring though more youngsters as parents opt for the better facilities for their youngsters

The next step is to get an agreement with Ross High to allow 14/15/16 year olds to move to the area and be schooled there and integrate this with co-ordinated training / lifestyle coaching (Petrie.....we know you monitor :wink: Get it sorted :grr:)

I thought it was only a game. :confused: However, following on from this radical suggestion can I suggest that Hibs invest money in buying sperm from famous players such as Cruyff and Maradona, then impregnating expendable women with it?

They could keep these expectant mothers in a shed at East Mains, ensuring that they eat only the best nutritional products (these could be liquified and fed to the women by a drip). To keep them calm, they could be played soothing music such as "Sunshine on Leith" on a tape loop, and wold watch re-runs of Hibs greatest matches on 40 foot LCD TVs.

To ensure that these mothers couldnt be poached by other clubs once their contract is up we would invite them to take a shower in preparation for reinteration to society. It's been tried before and with a few tweaks i'm sure this is another field that Hibs could lead the way in.

Forget social engineering, genetic engineering is the way ahead!

matty_f
01-08-2010, 10:13 AM

Sod that, there's room at East Mains to build a custom made education facility. Get the best talent, teach them, coach them all on site. Someone posted a link to an article about Watford's youth set-up, and how the Ajax coaches said it was better than their system in Holland. That's what we should go for, IMHO.

Again, the finance would be an issue, but long term we'd recoup that many times over, as well as being THE leading team in Scotland for youth development.

HIBERNIAN-0762
01-08-2010, 10:33 AM
I thought it was only a game. :confused: However, following on from this radical suggestion can I suggest that Hibs invest money in buying sperm from famous players such as Cruyff and Maradona, then impregnating expendable women with it?

They could keep these expectant mothers in a shed at East Mains, ensuring that they eat only the best nutritional products (these could be liquified and fed to the women by a drip). To keep them calm, they could be played soothing music such as "Sunshine on Leith" on a tape loop, and wold watch re-runs of Hibs greatest matches on 40 foot LCD TVs.

To ensure that these mothers couldnt be poached by other clubs once their contract is up we would invite them to take a shower in preparation for reinteration to society. It's been tried before and with a few tweaks i'm sure this is another field that Hibs could lead the way in.

:faf:

:agree:

:thumbsup:

ForeverHibs93
01-08-2010, 11:29 AM

Just about p!shed myself reading this:top marks:faf:

Phil D. Rolls
01-08-2010, 11:36 AM
:faf:

:agree:

:thumbsup:

Just about p!shed myself reading this:top marks:faf:

I suspect my ideas aren't being taken seriously. :greengrin

RoYO!
01-08-2010, 11:44 AM
Sod that, there's room at East Mains to build a custom made education facility. Get the best talent, teach them, coach them all on site. Someone posted a link to an article about Watford's youth set-up, and how the Ajax coaches said it was better than their system in Holland. That's what we should go for, IMHO.

Again, the finance would be an issue, but long term we'd recoup that many times over, as well as being THE leading team in Scotland for youth development.

could make it a boarding school that parents have to pay fees for? As well as the kid having enough potential:agree:

offshorehibby
01-08-2010, 11:57 AM
could make it a boarding school that parents have to pay fees for? As well as the kid having enough potential:agree:

Meaning only kids who's parents have money would get in. So we 'Pat Stanton' fi Muirhouse has no chance but big 'Nade' From Barnton has a better chance

degenerated
01-08-2010, 12:08 PM

then we truly could be the "boys from brazil"

i'm off to check your IP address isn't from Paraguay :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
01-08-2010, 12:44 PM

:hmmm: The Petrie genetics laboratory next THEN the infrastructure is in place. Of course,you have to tell the women it was Rod's sprem to get them to agree.

RoYO!
01-08-2010, 10:50 PM
Meaning only kids who's parents have money would get in. So we 'Pat Stanton' fi Muirhouse has no chance but big 'Nade' From Barnton has a better chance

Well I did say they needed enough potential, but could have sponsored places too.