PDA

View Full Version : Honest te God

Wull
30-07-2010, 05:08 PM
its now nearly 24 hours after that shambles.
How anybody can defend the way we played I'm just no sure.
To play a complete defensive (absolute rubbish) formation and expect to maybe scare the opposition with poor ol' Nishy hangin around north of oor half just beggers belief.

The first goal we had 5 men in the box between the scorer and goal and he had enough time to pick his spot, 1 nil. The second was to my mind was criminal, the ball was cleared to almost the halfway line and somebody in green decided to stroll with the ball back to our goalmouth and pass a slick inside ba to there best player, 2 nil. The third was fair enough we lost the ba aboot halfway and they did the rest, 3 nil.

That was the most inept amatuer deluded crap. I think the keeper deserves a wee bit o' credit wi a couple o good saves otherwise I shudder te think what might have been.

An before any o you talk aboot a Jam Tart I have been supportin the Hibees since 68 and will most deff. always will, but this has to be the daftist effort to win a game I can ever remember.
Glory to the Hibees (honest)

Golden Bear
30-07-2010, 05:24 PM
its now nearly 24 hours after that shambles.
How anybody can defend the way we played I'm just no sure.
To play a complete defensive (absolute rubbish) formation and expect to maybe scare the opposition with poor ol' Nishy hangin around north of oor half just beggers belief.

The first goal we had 5 men in the box between the scorer and goal and he had enough time to pick his spot, 1 nil. The second was to my mind was criminal, the ball was cleared to almost the halfway line and somebody in green decided to stroll with the ball back to our goalmouth and pass a slick inside ba to there best player, 2 nil. The third was fair enough we lost the ba aboot halfway and they did the rest, 3 nil.

That was the most inept amatuer deluded crap. I think the keeper deserves a wee bit o' credit wi a couple o good saves otherwise I shudder te think what might have been.

An before any o you talk aboot a Jam Tart I have been supportin the Hibees since 68 and will most deff. always will, but this has to be the daftist effort to win a game I can ever remember.
Glory to the Hibees (honest)

I cannae argue against that Wull.

I'd say your remarks are spot on (unfortunately!)

Ryan69
30-07-2010, 05:43 PM
Ill 3rd that.
Just wish managers came out at times and said.......Ok I ****ed up and appologise for that!
He would get respect in my books......but not Yogi no,dropping Ant and Deeks is a perfectly logical decision to make. :bye:

Leith Green
30-07-2010, 07:27 PM
Very well put mate..I don't get why people have to get personal an start all the yam rubbish when you state your views, why can't folk just agree or disagree an say what they think without all the bull s h1t that goes with it.. I agree with your post entirely, hibs also don't seem to press the ball well enough either and at times they look like headless chickens without possesion.. I have also lost count of the number of times on a game to game basis that we lose possesion in the middle of the park, its all tippy tappy across the back and into mcbride but there is very little penatrive passing going on.. We lack pace, creativity, aggression,strength and at times look disinterested with no real will to win.. People have been shot down for saying it on other threads but they are correct, john rankin? Chris hogg? Colin nish? None of these three players seem capable of holding the ball, bit crazy considering yogis footballing philosiphy and even more baffling that they make the spine of your side..and no that isn't blaming them for last night individually, it is however an opinion formed by watching all of them for at least 2 an a half years.

hibees4life89
30-07-2010, 07:43 PM
well put. Hibs are an attacking team yet we played to counteract their strengths which ment us doing what we are not so good out. Leaving our top scorers out of the game and them bringing them on after we are 3-0 down is just madness.

Pretty Boy
30-07-2010, 07:51 PM
I can almost get leaving either Stokes or Riordan on the bench as it was an away European tie after all. But both of them??

What i don't get is why Nish was preferred to Stokes. I don't mind Nish but what he offer that Stokes doesn't? Is he a super hard worker? No he's generally blowing out his erse after 30 minutes. Is he a good target man? No he's alway bullied by centre backs and spends half his time on his back. Is he good at holding the ball up? Not bad but not great. Is he good in the air? Not particularly. Is he a better finisher than Stokes or Deek? Definitely not.

So what did he offer that either of the other 2 but particularly our number 1 striker Stokes doesn't? Even if Stokes had started and been a lazy barsteward wwould he have contributed less than Nish?

Obviously Hughes had his reasons but i'm stumped trying to figure them out.