PDA

View Full Version : Trying to inventing the wheel

Aspire
30-07-2010, 01:15 PM
Is yogi setting his standards to high at Hibs trying to make us into a total football top Dutch team?
For the type of football he’s coaching we need a squad of quality players who have a really high technical quality, which we are lacking.

I feel Yogi has an over confidence in the player in the current squad and his coaching ability. Maybe we should go back to basics? M

I still believe we’ll finish 3 / 4 this season only because we’re the best of a bad bunch

jonny
30-07-2010, 01:34 PM
Is yogi setting his standards to high at Hibs trying to make us into a total football top Dutch team?
For the type of football he’s coaching we need a squad of quality players who have a really high technical quality, which we are lacking.

I feel Yogi has an over confidence in the player in the current squad and his coaching ability. Maybe we should go back to basics? M

I still believe we’ll finish 3 / 4 this season only because we’re the best of a bad bunch

In his pre-match interview he was going on about the dutch and the spanish at the world cup - your making a good point - to play like the dutch or the spanish you need the players of the dutch or the spanish. They play like that because thats what they are really good at, retaining the ball and slow build up play searching for gaps and then exploiting them.
We're good at getting the ball forward and shifting it quickly from midfield to attack to play in Riordan or Stokes. I suppose that was difficult last night considering they were both on the bench!
We have to do what we're good at - defending isnt our strongest asset so why set up to defend. Wy do we have to go away from home in Europe and try not to lose. We dont go to Glasgow and do that....
I still think it's possible to turn the tie around, my biggest fear is that I think they'll probably score at ER and that'd more or less mean curtains.