PDA

View Full Version : Oh dear oh dear oh dear etc etc etc

HIBERNIAN-0762
30-07-2010, 06:58 AM
Can't really believe I've just read this! think I'll go back to my bed for a lie doon

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100730/hughes-we-can-turn-it-around_2262950_2106019

Peevemor
30-07-2010, 07:02 AM
Can't really believe I've just read this! think I'll go back to my bed for a lie doon

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100730/hughes-we-can-turn-it-around_2262950_2106019

I don't see the problem with what he says. :confused: He can't just give up the tie can he?

marinello59
30-07-2010, 07:02 AM
What's he said wrong there?

Joy Zipper
30-07-2010, 07:03 AM
"I felt that our ball retention was good"

Excuse me, but did we not give away cheap possession in midfield that lead to the second and third goals ? :confused:

marinello59
30-07-2010, 07:05 AM
"I felt that our ball retention was good"

Excuse me, but did we not give away cheap possession in midfield that lead to the second and third goals ? :confused:

Which he did go on to say.

Berwickhibby
30-07-2010, 07:07 AM
Once again Yogi Spraffs the same crap........ Yogi You!! picked the team, You set out the tactics and for FFS how long have you known about our defensive problems and you have still did nothing to adress this.

Hibs fell at the first hurdle and Yogi needs to accept that he got it all wrong.

Joy Zipper
30-07-2010, 07:15 AM
Which he did go on to say.

Fair comment.

Saorsa
30-07-2010, 07:15 AM
I've got players who can score lots of goals.And maybe they'll even be on the park next time :bitchy:

scott7_0(Prague)
30-07-2010, 07:18 AM
Yogi- Have we given ourselves too much to do in the second leg? Certainly not and I've seen results like this turned around before and I've got players who can score lots of goals.

F3cking play them from the start and we possibly would not be chasing the game.....

And whats this all about in The Sun on Wednesday.

THE ammunition is locked and loaded.

Now John Hughes believes he's got the secret weapon to blow a massive hole in Maribor's Europa League hopes.

Critics lined up to take pot-shots at the new adidas Jabulani during the World Cup in South Africa.

But Hibs boss Yogi is drooling at the prospect of star striker Derek Riordan using the state of the art ball to secure a crucial result away from home in Slovenia.

Hibs used the controversial ball for the first time in last night's training session in the Ljudski Stadium.

And Hughes reckons Riordan will use it to make life hell for Maribor tonight.

He said: "I'm intrigued to get out and use these adidas balls that were in the World Cup.

"I think if Derek can get a bit of purchase on them, he's more than capable of doing damage.

"We just need to get a feel for them and get used to how they move about.

"We knew we were using them, so that's what our training session was all about.

"Plus we'll even do a wee session in the morning just to get a tickle of it and put the final touches to it.

"People can criticise these balls all they want, but if someone steps up and puts a 30-yard screamer past the keeper you won't here me complain.

"Maribor play with them in the league, so it's advantage them right now."

If Riordan's first experience of the Jabulani is anything to go by, Maribor better be worried. The Hibs No10 couldn't wait to wrap his foot round one of the balls in training last night.

Deek let fly from 40 yards and looked like he'd sent the thing over the bar by the same height. But it dipped and squiggled before screaming to into the top corner like a cruise missile.

All he has to do now is repeat that tonight.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3073298/Deek-and-destroy.html#ixzz0v9E41fTH

Hibs Class
30-07-2010, 07:26 AM
Very few folk gave us a chance against AEK after we were 2-0 down but we were inches away from winning. Maribor are obviously strong favourites but if we get behind the team and get an early goal who knows what could happen.

scott7_0(Prague)
30-07-2010, 07:31 AM
Very few folk gave us a chance against AEK after we were 2-0 down but we were inches away from winning. Maribor are obviously strong favourites but if we get behind the team and get an early goal who knows what could happen.

The Hibs team of the AEK game had some depth and class, the Hibs team of Maribor does not full me with confidence, we ship goals, the manager seems to forget what positions are best suited for his attacking player and well, we don't have a leader!

Hibs Class
30-07-2010, 07:34 AM
The Hibs team of the AEK game had some depth and class, the Hibs team of Maribor does not full me with confidence, we ship goals, the manager seems to forget what positions are best suited for his attacking player and well, we don't have a leader!

Don't disagree, but the Athens team was also, IMO, a far better team than Maribor. I'll arrive at ER next Thursday more in hope than expectation.

scott7_0(Prague)
30-07-2010, 07:36 AM
Don't disagree, but the Athens team was also, IMO, a far better team than Maribor. I'll arrive at ER next Thursday more in hope than expectation.

As a Hibs fan HOPE is all we have!

Hawthorn
30-07-2010, 07:37 AM

Usual post match pish from Yogi surprised he didn't mention his "vision".

Said last season he wasn't the man for the job & its becoming blindingly obvious he isn't. Even giving him a bit of leeway on starting with Nish up front to wait 10mins after we go 3-0 down to bring on last seasons top scorer & pre seasons main marksmen defies belief :grr:

heretoday
30-07-2010, 08:26 AM
Hibs aren't match fit. Maribor clearly are. They were faster and fitter.

scott7_0(Prague)
30-07-2010, 08:37 AM
Hibs aren't match fit. Maribor clearly are. They were faster and fitter.

IS that going to be our excuse all season.

son of haggart
30-07-2010, 08:42 AM
IS that going to be our excuse all season.

After january it transforms into "it's been a long hard season"

Spike Mandela
30-07-2010, 09:02 AM
What's he said wrong there?

"I thought that they were quicker and sharper than we were. I felt they passed the ball with purpose and it maybe showed a little bit that they have played four competitive games so far this season.

"I can't be too hard on the players because they have given everything they've got and tried to do it right. It just wasn't to be and that is disappointing.

"I felt that our ball retention was good, but it was too slow and we played too much in our own half. We were reluctant to play forward passes and when we did there were one or two careless passes which then resulted in their second and third goals

They've played 4 games....lame excuse, Motherwell's opponents had played 16

The players gave everything......the same quote in every game since January where the other teams players clearly gave more.

Our ball retention was good........Yogi in the buid up saying he may end up with egg on his face but he thought Maribor would be surprised with our passing. Yogi's face now resembles an omelette

Our passing was too slow.........previously Yogi criticising fans who were shouting get the ball up the park

We were reluctant to play forward passes.............Is that because noen of our 40+ strikeforce were on the park FFS

Need I go on.

Somebody please tell Yogi shut up with the bull**** and start getting results on the park before giving us lectures on total football. Time to walk the walk big man.