PDA

View Full Version : Media Here's the goals

(((Fergus)))
30-07-2010, 01:19 AM
http://tvslo.si/predvajaj/mariborcani-nadigrali-hibernian/ava2.77463767/

broonie27
30-07-2010, 01:43 AM
First two are absolute blinders. Unsavable, and technically brilliant, but it was two defensive lapses that lead to both. Very poor indeed.

(((Fergus)))
30-07-2010, 01:59 AM
First two are absolute blinders. Unsavable, and technically brilliant, but it was two defensive lapses that lead to both. Very poor indeed.

Maka would have reached the second :whistle:

Cameron1875
30-07-2010, 02:15 AM
Who lost the ball for the 2nd goal cause he wasnt half fannying about with it.

broonie27
30-07-2010, 02:53 AM
Maka would have reached the second :whistle:

Most likely, but they also had about 8 corners, so there's 2 goals straight away :wink:

broonie27
30-07-2010, 02:54 AM

Think it might have been Miller from the body language.

ForeverHibs93
30-07-2010, 03:07 AM
p!shed on for every one.

sauzee
30-07-2010, 05:16 AM

two well taken goals,but shocking defending,also i wouldn't expect to see an under 14s striker give the ball away like ours did for one of the goals,they also at attacked with pace,something we sadly lack.

Scooter
30-07-2010, 05:17 AM
spoony

sahib
30-07-2010, 07:15 AM
spoony

Indeed, it was the sort of play that would have had you beaten up by your team mates at the local reccy.

Scorrie
30-07-2010, 08:18 AM
for the first goal, who dived in on on the left and ended up on their erchie? Poor stuff.

They looked about 5 yards faster than us an aw

number9dream
30-07-2010, 08:20 AM
All of the goals were extremely well taken, a class above what we see in this country most weeks.

They pinged the ball around with pace and precision.

There is a real lack of speed in the Hibs team, with the exception of Galbraith. It's a worry that Hughes wants Gow back since he is slower than McBride and Miller!

matty_f
30-07-2010, 08:23 AM

:agree: Cracking finishes for all three goals, but we are our own worst enemy.

ahibby
30-07-2010, 08:27 AM
Miller is prone to losing the ball which often leads to an opposition goal, I said it last season on here and nothing has changed. He is a good player but that is the baggage he comes with. Murray slipped on the left, unfortunate and there was a fair bit of rain so not surprising. They took their chances well. We are a team in transition with only one competitive game under our belts this season, but that doesn't mean the manager is off the hook in my view.

IWasThere2016
30-07-2010, 08:35 AM
:agree: Cracking finishes for all three goals, but we are our own worst enemy.

:agree: Great finishes .. amazing what happens with strikers on the pitch :cool2:

legends of 73
30-07-2010, 09:50 AM
was it not ian murray who slipped on his erse at the first goal,i thought spoony got fould for the second and murray was ripped a new erse at the third.

yogi start with strikers next week please and bad night that can get turned around with a bit of luck and faith

brog
30-07-2010, 10:06 AM
was it not ian murray who slipped on his erse at the first goal,i thought spoony got fould for the second and murray was ripped a new erse at the third.

yogi start with strikers next week please and bad night that can get turned around with a bit of luck and faith

I think you're right, especially for 2nd, no doubt Wotherspoon was fouled. For 3rd we don't see McBride losing ball which left defence exposed. Regardless we would be glossing over cracks to try & make excuses but all finishes were exceptional & all left foot I think.

Steve-O
30-07-2010, 11:43 AM
Looked half asleep and unfit. Just pish stuff really.

Broken Gnome
30-07-2010, 12:10 PM
In a normal passage of play, even if it didn't lead to a goal, you'd feel awful hard done by not getting a free kick for the tackle of Wotherspoon would you not :confused:

DaveF
30-07-2010, 12:34 PM
In a normal passage of play, even if it didn't lead to a goal, you'd feel awful hard done by not getting a free kick for the tackle of Wotherspoon would you not :confused:

It was a foul 100 times out of 100 and a hopeless (non) decision by the referee.

Here's hoping we are on the end of 'Home' decisions next week as we'll certainly need them!

(((Fergus)))
30-07-2010, 01:00 PM
Here's some more lowlights at the beginning of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sbw4hC6bWiU&feature=player_embedded#!

and here's a picture of Murrays "slippers" (check the studs - bigger picture in the gallery). He didn't slip, he was very skilfully put on his erse.

http://www.nkmaribor.com/gallery/791/MejacAles_20100729_MV_2.jpg

More pictures here http://www.nkmaribor.com/multimedia/galerija.asp?id_skupine=10&id_galerije=791

HibeeEmma
30-07-2010, 02:24 PM
Goals 1 +2 were great strikes but they should not have been in a position to have taken them.

Midfield looks insufficient in height, skill and drive - same last season

James70
30-07-2010, 04:41 PM
A lot of people seem to be in agreement that corners and crosses are one of our main weak points now. And I don't think it would unreasonable to suggest Maka would have got all three of those shots last night.:wink:

:top marks I am confident he would have got to one or two at least though as someone said he may well have mucked up on other occasions!

new malkyhib
30-07-2010, 05:18 PM
What kind of money are these guys Illic (sp) and Tavares on?

We need pace in our team and badly - these two would more than fit the bill IMO.

marinello59
30-07-2010, 05:29 PM
What kind of money are these guys Illic (sp) and Tavares on?

We need pace in our team and badly - these two would more than fit the bill IMO.

Based on 90 minutes against us in our first competitive match of the season?

Jamie
30-07-2010, 05:33 PM

And final half of last season :rolleyes:

Cameron1875
30-07-2010, 05:35 PM
Sorry to say this but i think ian murray is past it at Left back. He would make a decent defensive midfielder but two of the goals came from his side especially the shocking 3rd goal. He is blowing out his erse and about 5 yards out of position. :boo hoo:

new malkyhib
30-07-2010, 05:56 PM

No, based on the fact that Tavares is an ex-captain of Slovenia, and they both paly for a team that's finished 2nd and 1st in its national league over the past 2 seasons.

matty_f
30-07-2010, 06:00 PM
:agree: Great finishes .. amazing what happens with strikers on the pitch :cool2:

Imagine how many chances they'd have got to show their finishing if we'd weakened the midfield.:bitchy:

vahibbie
30-07-2010, 07:13 PM
I think you're right, especially for 2nd, no doubt Wotherspoon was fouled. For 3rd we don't see McBride losing ball which left defence exposed. Regardless we would be glossing over cracks to try & make excuses but all finishes were exceptional & all left foot I think.

Might have been tripped....but well after the ball was lost.
Total *****e defending all round:grr: Good finishes but FFS....no-one to blame but ourselves.

Pretty Boy
30-07-2010, 09:41 PM
A lot of people seem to be in agreement that corners and crosses are one of our main weak points now. And I don't think it would unreasonable to suggest Maka would have got all three of those shots last night.:wink:

What a load of nonsense.

There is no way Maka or many other keepers would have saved those goals. 3 great finishes well out of the reach of Stack(who contrary to the opinion of a few on here is only a couple of inches shorter then Maka).

Your vendetta against any keeper who isn't Makalamay is prett pathetic TBH.

Hermit Crab
31-07-2010, 09:22 AM
I was there and take it from me we were absolute Jobby! We aere the only team i know that sets up to play for a draw 451 and goes 3-0 down and continues to play 451. Riordan and Stokes should have been on from the start. Hughes has to take most of the blame for this disgrace. Another trip another waste of cash but its Hibs and you keep going back! :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
31-07-2010, 09:25 AM
I was there and take it from me we were absolute Jobby! We aere the only team i know that sets up to play for a draw 451 and goes 3-0 down and continues to play 451. Riordan and Stokes should have been on from the start. Hughes has to take most of the blame for this disgrace. Another trip another waste of cash but its Hibs and you keep going back! :wink:

Dont agree Rooney, we set up right, the first goal was unsavable, and the second was a cracker, even though Wotherspoon was fouled before the strike...

Hermit Crab
31-07-2010, 09:30 AM
Dont agree Rooney, we set up right, the first goal was unsavable, and the second was a cracker, even though Wotherspoon was fouled before the strike...

Having just watched the goals again would you not question Stacks positioning for the 2nd? Regardless if spoony was fouled or not you cant give the ball away so cheaply in these games. We were shown up big time Brockie. :boo hoo:

Baldy Foghorn
31-07-2010, 09:33 AM
Having just watched the goals again would you not question Stacks positioning for the 2nd? Regardless if spoony was fouled or not you cant give the ball away so cheaply in these games. We were shown up big time Brockie. :boo hoo:

Dont think you can blame Stacky, dont forget he had two or three outstanding saves, remember the tie is 180 minutes not just 90...

Hermit Crab
31-07-2010, 09:37 AM
Dont think you can blame Stacky, dont forget he had two or three outstanding saves, remember the tie is 180 minutes not just 90...

I know mate but you want to make the 2ng leg easier not harder. I think it can be done but we need a good crowd and lots of noise!

Baldy Foghorn
31-07-2010, 09:38 AM
I know mate but you want to make the 2ng leg easier not harder. I think it can be done but we need a good crowd and lots of noise!

Stacky saved us from a 6 goal humping, so he has helped make the return a little easier

offshorehibby
31-07-2010, 09:58 AM
Why oh why was it 3 against 2 for the 3rd goal

Hermit Crab
31-07-2010, 10:18 AM
Stacky saved us from a 6 goal humping, so he has helped make the return a little easier

:greengrin Ok then mate, just that wee bit easier!

snooky
31-07-2010, 10:31 AM
My comments on the goals after viewing the highlights link.

Goal 1) Murray slip didn't help however, their player sold a nice dummy turn before sticking a great shot in the net. Great goal - can't argue.

Goal 2) Good lob-come-shot but I would question Stack's positioning. He could've done better.

Goal 3) Kevin McBride (17) ambles back instead of bursting a gut. This is the difference between winners and losers. I witnessed similar scenarios several times last season.
Inexcusable, IMO. :grr:

Hermit Crab
31-07-2010, 10:33 AM
My comments on the goals after viewing the highlights link.

Goal 1) Murray slip didn't help however, their player sold a nice dummy turn before sticking a great shot in the net. Great goal - can't argue.

Goal 2) Good lob-come-shot but I would question Stack's positioning. He could've done better.

Goal 3) Kevin McBride (17) ambles back instead of bursting a gut. This is the difference between winners and losers. I witnessed similar scenarios several times last season.
Inexcusable, IMO. :grr:

I agree with the above although i got shot down for questioning Stacks positioning for the 2nd. I think that he could have done better.

Tricla
31-07-2010, 11:26 AM

Second goal shouldn't have stood IMO as I thing Spoony(?) was fouled as the ball broke to them.

:grr:

monktonharp
31-07-2010, 10:56 PM
:agree: Cracking finishes for all three goals, but we are our own worst enemy.cant see any of them as cracking finishes. every one was a total f/ck up! they ripped us up for erse paper , agreed ,but Murray made a mess of ,for number 1 then number 2,well what can you say about the goalie? he was yards off his line.number 3,total shambles at that point as if we gave up and let them drive straight through us.:grr:

wazoo1875
01-08-2010, 12:07 AM
cant see any of them as cracking finishes. every one was a total f/ck up! they ripped us up for erse paper , agreed ,but Murray made a mess of ,for number 1 then number 2,well what can you say about the goalie? he was yards off his line.number 3,total shambles at that point as if we gave up and let them drive straight through us.:grr:

Mate , dunno how you can say the the first one wasnae a peach. It wasn't as if he never had anything to do once murray had fell on his erse, he sold a proper dummy inside the box and curled it in off the bar if that wasnae a crackin finish then i'm beat. The other 2 were very avoidable tho. It was barry over there tho eh, just a shame the fitbaw ****ed up a quality laugh :thumbsup:

Baw187
01-08-2010, 09:16 AM
Imagine how many chances they'd have got to show their finishing if we'd weakened the midfield.:bitchy:

To be honest Matty, taking Rankin out of our midfield doesn't weaken it. It strengthens it.

I'm not saying that the slips and giving away of the ball would have been erradicated but it wouldn't have been any worse for having Rankin off the park and Deek and Stokes up front. At least then, we'd have had an out up top which would have changed the dynamic of the game IMO.

They scored a couple of crackers but I suspect they won't be doing that every week otherwise they'd be winning the champions league. That's the breaks and would have happened whether we had Deek or Stokes on or not. At least with them, I believe we'd have had more of the game and of course, at least a chance of scoring.