PDA

View Full Version : Home Tie

JCHibby
29-07-2010, 08:23 PM
This is not dead, difficult yes but not dead. It will be a different game at Easter Road, lets not start getting on the players back before the league season has even kicked off.

Yogis tactics were appropriate for the tie, the players for the positions maybe didn't work out for reasons that were clear.

Onwards and Upwards please.

SRHibs
29-07-2010, 08:24 PM
If we have a manager who isn't tactically ******ed we might stand a chance. Unfortunately Yogi will still be in charge for the home tie.

Gatecrasher
29-07-2010, 08:25 PM
agree

after watching the game last week it was always going to be hard, they counter attack really well.

but a noisey ER and an early goal and we are back in it!

Sprouleflyer
29-07-2010, 08:25 PM
This is not dead, difficult yes but not dead. It will be a different game at Easter Road, lets not start getting on the players back before the league season has even kicked off.

Yogis tactics were appropriate for the tie, the players for the positions maybe didn't work out for reasons that were clear.

Tie is over, no chance we will keep a clean sheet next week.

Aubenas
29-07-2010, 08:26 PM
No need for despair. We retained 60% possession which was the game plan. Twice they capitalised on slowness in midfield and scored through excellent shots; 3rd goal was usual wide open space on the left back position. We don't know how Maribor will react to an attacking formation. Hibs usually look capable of scoring 2 or 3 against anyone and Maribor ain't the best team I've ever seen.

Courage mes braves!!!!!!
Gonna be a good night.:agree:

pandahfc
29-07-2010, 08:28 PM
Watched on live stream and actually thought we desrved better. A couple of mistakes for the 1st two goals, but an early goal at ER and game on. Think this tie is still alive. a good ER crowd to cheer the boys on and who knows!!?? Actually had about 65% of possession tonight but lacked something in the final 3rd. Stokes and Deeks will hopefully do the business next week

GGTTH Keep the Faith

Sprouleflyer
29-07-2010, 08:28 PM
No need for despair. We retained 60% possession which was the game plan. Twice they capitalised on slowness in midfield and scored through excellent shots; 3rd goal was usual wide open space on the left back position. We don't know how Maribor will react to an attacking formation. Hibs usually look capable of scoring 2 or 3 against anyone and Maribor ain't the best team I've ever seen.

Courage mes braves!!!!!!

What have you been smoking :greengrin

Steve20
29-07-2010, 08:30 PM
Sorry, but it's over. We are not capable of keeping a clean sheet.

Bishop Hibee
29-07-2010, 08:31 PM
Tie is over, no chance we will keep a clean sheet next week.

:agree: No doubt I'll be slated by the uber-optimists but there is not a hope in hell that Maribor won't score as we'll have to push forward at every opportunity.

I predict an enjoyable 2-2 soured by the knowledge that Yogi kept our 2 best players on the bench in the first leg.

churchie16
29-07-2010, 08:32 PM
C'mon hibs 1 early goal and that changes it we will all be there at ER singing Glory Glory :greengrin
c'mon the hibees :thumbsup: ooo aye and 1 thing yogi play stokes and deeks ffs that will help a bit :wink:

Scooter
29-07-2010, 08:33 PM
come on guys. its over. lets just enjoy next thurs the best we can

Jonnyboy
29-07-2010, 08:34 PM

I suspect that like me you are in the minority here :wink:

bighairyfaeleith
29-07-2010, 08:34 PM
I predict a great game next week, but we won't go through I don't think

HibeeMcGinn1
29-07-2010, 08:40 PM
bring it on. wev came back before and we could do it again. early goal and its our game. cumon the hibees

hibee_nation
29-07-2010, 08:42 PM
Time for the Hibee cavalry charge doon the slope next week, all is not lost, not quite. GGTTH

madabouthibs
29-07-2010, 08:42 PM
I suspect that like me you are in the minority here :wink:

Minority, yes.
I really don't want to be coming on here next Thursday night shouting GET IT RIGHT UP YEEZ to all our Yogimustgoandtakenishwithye brigade! :greengrin

NOLA
29-07-2010, 08:43 PM
well thats us out of europe already, if we score 4 at home against a better team ill join the masons :grr:

CRAZYHIBBY
29-07-2010, 08:43 PM
game over

Sammy7nil
29-07-2010, 08:44 PM
Behave this team beat FC Zurich away last year

we will not win by 3 or 4 goals

I hope we go in 1 up at half time and give them a fright by having a go but seriously
It is like D Utd coming to ER knowing 2 - 0 or 4 - 1 will do

woody47
29-07-2010, 08:50 PM

So starting with Nish up front on his own was an appropriate tactic? He can't run, can't control a simple ball and can't pass. Can I have some of what you were smoking/drinking/injecting. Also with a starting line up which includes the likes of Rankin is ALWAYS going to be wrong.
Sorry but I really don't see anything from tonight that is going to change what we had at from December last year.

hibsitis
29-07-2010, 08:53 PM
I am an extremely positive, glass half full person and would love to think that my ticket next week will not be wasted.

However, last season we scored more than three goals in the SPL on only two occasions. Once against Hamilton Accies and once in the 6-6 game. We averaged 1.5 goals per game over the season and had a goal difference of 3 over 38 games.

I will celebrate the length of Easter Road if we get through this but given that Maribor look a better team than most in the SPL (admittendly we helped them look good at times) I see few reasons to be optimistic. I'll be there shouting but more in hope than expectation.

col02
29-07-2010, 08:53 PM
In an ideal world you would have all the Hibs fans who are able to make next week going along with a view to just enjoying themselves with nothing more than faint hope of something positive from the overall tie other than a victory in the home leg. We spend all season wanting to qualify for Europe so I will be going along to enjoy the game no matter if we go out or not.

Bobo
29-07-2010, 08:55 PM
Not a hope in Hell of us keeping a clean sheet with the defence that we have.

This should have been sorted as a priority, last season, the fact that very little has been done in the close season is criminal.

Add the fact that we have a manager who is tactically inept and our european adventure was over after an hour of tonight's game.

Well done Yogi, take a bow :rolleyes:

JCHibby
29-07-2010, 08:57 PM
So starting with Nish up front on his own was an appropriate tactic? He can't run, can't control a simple ball and can't pass. Can I have some of what you were smoking/dring/injecting. Also with a starting line up which includes the likes of Rankin is ALWAYS going to be wrong.
Sorry but I really don't see anything from tonight that is going to change what we had at from December last year.

Report card says woody47 must do better:wink: (read my original post)

Tactics were right 4-5-1 flood midfield, pardon the pun, as I clearly stated however the players picked for the positions were incorrect. Stokes instead of Nish and Deeks instead of Rankin.

fatbloke
29-07-2010, 08:58 PM
Time for the Hibee cavalry charge doon the slope next week, all is not lost, not quite. GGTTH

Just the slope:greengrin:greengrin

Bad Martini
29-07-2010, 09:04 PM
WTF?????????

Did you all watch the same game?

We should have been buried after 25 minutes. We did NOT look like doing a ****ing thing til Stokes and Deek come on (save for one shot towards half time) and had we played all night, we'd have been passing back to Stack instead of going forward!!!!!!!!

And lets say we DO beat these muppets with their 10,500 stadium and less than super team set-up - then what? A semi-decent team.............ye know what, HIBS SHOULD NOT be scared of ***** like that.

For me, with Yogi in charge and with decisions like leaving our 2 best and most prolific scorers out in the Benitez School of Stupidity & Fitba Management, I fear we are ****ed.

Furthermore, when it shouldn't be hard, we make it so.

Dont get me wrong. We could/can and possibly, if the almighty decides it should happen, score next week. They score 1 - we need ****ing FIVE Goals that is to say F I V E (FYYYVVEEEEE) goals. You cannot see us leaking 1???

Bichrist, we need some serious arse kicking ALL OVER Easter Road this week and I do NOT Want to hear
"I cant ask any more from the boys" or even "Its the players" pish.

GET IT ****ING SORTED or once again, we're oot before it starts and most annoyingly, WITHOUT even a hint of the Hibs fight. Aye. That spirit players and management are expected to show....

Fair dues getting beaten of a better team. Nae excuse when you can count on one hand the number of shoots you put in over 90 minutes and you need a ****ing mainframe computer to count your pass backs to your AIN keeper!

END ****ING OFF.
:grr:

GlesgaeHibby
29-07-2010, 09:10 PM

I can understand 4-5-1 in Europe against teams ilke Juve, Liverpool, Roma etc..big teams that are way in front of us, but against Maribor?

We'd be raging if we set up like that against Aberdee, Dundee Utd, Motherwell etc away from home, but because it's a European game it's different?

Bishop Hibee
29-07-2010, 09:10 PM
WTF?????????

Did you all watch the same game?

We should have been buried after 25 minutes. We did NOT look like doing a ****ing thing til Stokes and Deek come on (save for one shot towards half time) and had we played all night, we'd have been passing back to Stack instead of going forward!!!!!!!!

And lets say we DO beat these muppets with their 10,500 stadium and less than super team set-up - then what? A semi-decent team.............ye know what, HIBS SHOULD NOT be scared of ***** like that.

For me, with Yogi in charge and with decisions like leaving our 2 best and most prolific scorers out in the Benitez School of Stupidity & Fitba Management, I fear we are ****ed.

Furthermore, when it shouldn't be hard, we make it so.

Dont get me wrong. We could/can and possibly, if the almighty decides it should happen, score next week. They score 1 - we need ****ing FIVE Goals that is to say F I V E (FYYYVVEEEEE) goals. You cannot see us leaking 1???

Bichrist, we need some serious arse kicking ALL OVER Easter Road this week and I do NOT Want to hear
"I cant ask any more from the boys" or even "Its the players" pish.

GET IT ****ING SORTED or once again, we're oot before it starts and most annoyingly, WITHOUT even a hint of the Hibs fight. Aye. That spirit players and management are expected to show....

Fair dues getting beaten of a better team. Nae excuse when you can count on one hand the number of shoots you put in over 90 minutes and you need a ****ing mainframe computer to count your pass backs to your AIN keeper!

END ****ING OFF.
:grr:

:applause: :rotflmao:

Bishop Hibee
29-07-2010, 09:17 PM
I can understand 4-5-1 in Europe against teams ilke Juve, Liverpool, Roma etc..big teams that are way in front of us, but against Maribor?

We'd be raging if we set up like that against Aberdee, Dundee Utd, Motherwell etc away from home, but because it's a European game it's different?

It would be fine if we had a player who can play up front on his own in the squad but we don't. It's a tribute to Stokes and Nish that they scored so many last season in that role but you could add at least another 10 to their total in a formation that suited them. We have 3 strikers who can all score goals but they need pace and width around them which we have in Wotherspoon and Galbraith. Yogi picks Wotherspoon out of position and doesn't think Galbraith is good enough.

Green_one
29-07-2010, 09:17 PM
Really we have no chance. I can see us getting a goal but FOUR!!!:confused:

If they get one then we need FIVE.

I will go along but even an early goal is unlikely to do it. A bit of pride and fight would do for me at the moment.

I am not surprised, just disappointed that its all over so predictably early.

lucky
29-07-2010, 09:28 PM
The tatics were wrong playing Nish up front was never going to work. But dropping Deeks and Stokes is crass stupidity. The team still have chance next week. An early goal will test the spirts of maribor. Remember its Hibs so you just never know.

Spike Mandela
29-07-2010, 09:31 PM
:faf::faf: To think I was laughing at Lennon coming out with that bull**** last night but at least they have the 'cauldron' of Parkhead to go to. We have an unfinished half full stadium even at £5 a ticket:faf::faf:

The Harp
29-07-2010, 09:34 PM
bring it on. wev came back before and we could do it again. early goal and its our game. cumon the hibees

Well said. Wonder if Bobby Duncan is free next Thursday nite? :greengrin

Since90+2
29-07-2010, 09:37 PM
If we can go in at half time 1-0 up then we have a chance , honestly cant see it though as others have said cant see them not scoring.

Sas_The_Hibby
29-07-2010, 10:27 PM

Sorry, you've totally lost me on that one! :confused:

Sas_The_Hibby
29-07-2010, 10:31 PM

Courage mes braves!!!!!!

Are you counting tonight as a tactical success, then?!

Hibby 2005
29-07-2010, 11:16 PM
We need to score 4 or 5 goals to go through. We've scored 3 in the last 5 games. Yogi's pre-season preperation in Holland was all wrong as it was based on the mistaken idea we were good at ball retention.

snooky
29-07-2010, 11:38 PM
Just the slope:greengrin:greengrin
Are you on the level? :wink:

Wing Half
30-07-2010, 01:51 AM
Well yeah

Chuckie
30-07-2010, 02:16 AM
:faf::faf: To think I was laughing at Lennon coming out with that bull**** last night but at least they have the 'cauldron' of Parkhead to go to. We have an unfinished half full stadium even at £5 a ticket:faf::faf:

Mister.
You are a boaby.
We can beat these mugs.

LamontHFC©
30-07-2010, 05:43 AM
You seriously suggesting Hibs could score 3 against that mob and not concede at home? Don't be ridiculous.

Beefster
30-07-2010, 06:25 AM

Courage mes braves!!!!!!

The BBC has us with 44% possession but I'm fairly sure the game plan was not to get pumped 3-0.

We won't score more than one goal next Thursday.

bighairyfaeleith
30-07-2010, 06:30 AM
I actually think we will make a good game of it next week, but I see us going out 4-3 on aggregate.

erskine-hibby
30-07-2010, 06:33 AM
When was the last time Hibs came back from 3-0 down at half time to win???

jonny
30-07-2010, 06:46 AM
I think we can do it.
We had our tactics completely wrong to begin with and showed Maribor far too much respect. When we had a go later on we had them worried.
I think we invited them onto us and the idea of passing it around at the back until John Rankin loses it is crazy IMO. If you play like that against anyone your asking for trouble.

Heres hoping we line up with Galbraith, Stokes and Riordan in the starting 11 next week because I thought they brightened it up when they came on.

Lets get along to ER next week and make a hell of a noise and get right behind the boys - if we get an early goal you just never know.......

Glory Glory

TObeachesHibby
30-07-2010, 06:56 AM
you have got to be joking?
Hibs may score 1, 2?? even 3??? .. but do you not think Maribor might even change their tactics from defence to attack ... if they see the tie running away from them..:rolleyes:
It is not if Hibs have an "iron curtain" defence...