PDA

View Full Version : Urgent charter



oconnors_strip
23-07-2010, 08:50 AM
whats the odds on the charter going ahead?

anyone phoned this morning?

Wembley67
23-07-2010, 09:09 AM
Why wouldnt it? Have I missed something?

scott7_0(Prague)
23-07-2010, 09:10 AM
whats the odds on the charter going ahead?

anyone phoned this morning?

I haven't, have you?

oconnors_strip
23-07-2010, 09:12 AM
Why wouldnt it? Have I missed something?

email from last night from ITA


IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE BOOKED

If you think you have a seat on the charter and have not been in touch to pay or give credit card details you are not booked.

The charter is still available but unless we get sufficient numbers to go it will be cancelled on Friday morning first thing. If we get sufficient numbers by 8am Friday 23rd July 2010 we will continue but otherwise the trip is not viable.

WE DID ASK IF YOU WANTED THIS CHARTER AND 350 PEOPLE ARE STILL CURRENTLY REGISTERED BUT NOT BOOKED.

If you wish to book we require the following details
name, address credit card name and details

If you feel disappointed imagine how we feel after working on this for the past six days. We also have people who have committed and will be extremely disappointed if we have to cancel.

then another email-
We have extended the booking time for this game as we have had several phone calls since the game finished.

Extended to 10am Friday so either email or phone with details - we need 100 definites.

so i am wondering if its a goer

Gordon Quinn
23-07-2010, 10:07 AM
I just got through to ITA. They have said they will make a decision around lunchtime as they are waiting for another company (plane I presume) to get back to them. As they have not quite got the numbers required it sounds touch and go. They are perhaps trying to get a cheaper/smaller plane (my opinion). They also said the Edin/Livy bus option as been cancelled so some of those now expected to book with ITA. Fingers crossed.

Gorebridge Hibb
23-07-2010, 10:13 AM
I just got through to ITA. They have said they will make a decision around lunchtime as they are waiting for another company (plane I presume) to get back to them. As they have not quite got the numbers required it sounds touch and go. They are perhaps trying to get a cheaper/smaller plane (my opinion). They also said the Edin/Livy bus option as been cancelled so some of those now expected to book with ITA. Fingers crossed.

Spoke to them last night at 11:00 and they were very positive about everything. Remember they have quite a balancing act to endure as so many initially said yes and then never followed things through. Tried phoning but as i would expect the number is continually engaged as all the doubters struggle to get through. Patience is the key here and I fully expect things will become clearer later in the day.:thumbsup:

oconnors_strip
23-07-2010, 10:20 AM
I just got through to ITA. They have said they will make a decision around lunchtime as they are waiting for another company (plane I presume) to get back to them. As they have not quite got the numbers required it sounds touch and go. They are perhaps trying to get a cheaper/smaller plane (my opinion). They also said the Edin/Livy bus option as been cancelled so some of those now expected to book with ITA. Fingers crossed.

bus has not 100% been cancelled but its looking like it, various bus companies have let us down so im frantically phoning round the country and north of england but having no luck as its such late notice and also the price is sky high. if i dont have anything confirmed by 12noon i will be posting on here to cancel the bus:boo hoo:

i phoned ITA and they said the same thing, and also they might offer to help people book independently.

i hope the hassle of travelling is worth it!:rolleyes:

Gorebridge Hibb
23-07-2010, 10:34 AM
bus has not 100% been cancelled but its looking like it, various bus companies have let us down so im frantically phoning round the country and north of england but having no luck as its such late notice and also the price is sky high. if i dont have anything confirmed by 12noon i will be posting on here to cancel the bus:boo hoo:

i phoned ITA and they said the same thing, and also they might offer to help people book independently.

i hope the hassle of travelling is worth it!:rolleyes:

Just off the phone and as the previous e-mailer said they are still awaiting details from a charter company. Still feeling positive that they will come up with a good trip. Should here from them, if you have confirmed cc details etc, after lunchtime.

CentreLine
23-07-2010, 10:41 AM
Also worth noting that the charter, provided it gets the right numbers, will fly from Edinburgh right in to Maribor on 28th and out from there on 30th back to Edinburgh. Let's get it filled and off the ground.

McGrawzy
23-07-2010, 11:53 AM
sorry guys,

can some1 post the number for ITA on here please, going to reg with them for charter..

cheers

wazoo1875
23-07-2010, 11:55 AM
sorry guys,

can some1 post the number for ITA on here please, going to reg with them for charter..

cheers

It's 0131 339 4080 mate , good on you :greengrin

scott7_0(Prague)
23-07-2010, 12:17 PM
ITA Sports
15/5 Braehead Avenue
Edinburgh EH4 6AU

Tel. No. 0131 339 4080
Fax No. 0131 339 3355

McGrawzy
23-07-2010, 12:17 PM
done.

hope it all works out (a bit cheaper aswell) be good to see a decent sized away support there next Thursday!

hibhib7
23-07-2010, 12:39 PM
Any prices been quoted yet?

Gordon Quinn
23-07-2010, 01:14 PM
Any prices been quoted yet?

Charter is 535, two nights. Wed - Fri. Be in :agree:

Gordon Quinn
23-07-2010, 02:14 PM
Has anyone had any mails from ITA this afternoon. I am at work and can't check my home mail account.