PDA

View Full Version : NHC Freddie Ljunberg to Rangers

GraniteCityHibs
21-07-2010, 02:33 PM
Just heard from a mate the washed up, physio table warming, money grabber Freddie Ljunberg is doing a medical at ibrox! I'm out at the moment so i haven't seen anything on SSN or anywhere. He probably still has some quality but as West Ham will testify, not the player he used to be and won't come cheap!

seanraff07
21-07-2010, 02:47 PM
Just heard from a mate the washed up, physio table warming, money grabber Freddie Ljunberg is doing a medical at ibrox! I'm out at the moment so i haven't seen anything on SSN or anywhere. He probably still has some quality but as West Ham will testify, not the player he used to be and won't come cheap!

I thought Rangers were skint?

Kyle A
21-07-2010, 02:51 PM
was he not on 75 grand a week at West Ham

Rangers could not even afford 1/3 of that

.Sean.
21-07-2010, 03:18 PM
He was on more money at West Ham than he was at Arsenal!

RoslinInstHibby
21-07-2010, 03:20 PM
waste of a wage, the guys legs went years ago

GraniteCityHibs
21-07-2010, 03:49 PM
Must put a disclaimer on this one:

My mate spouts some chronic p!sh, but he apparently got a text about it not long ago! Can't see it anywhere else! Think he's spouting it again.

Ho hum- passed ten minutes! :yawn:

HibbyAndy
21-07-2010, 04:04 PM
Ljunberg was a class act at Arsenal, That title winning season in 2001 he scored in like 10 consecutive games to help them pip Man u.

Far to classy for the Bigots, There aint a cat in hells chance he will end up at Ipox.

lyonhibs
21-07-2010, 04:21 PM
If he could be kept fit (doubtful) Ljunberg - still - has more footballing intelligence in his pinky toenail than that rest of the Huns squad put together (and if Davis goes, make that "the Huns squad put together and multiplied by 10)

If fit and remotely on form, he'd dawdle into the Rangers team and pish all over the SPL for the most part. Likewise with Sol Campbell if he were to join Celtic, though they are obviously very different players.

Like Andy says, far, far too much class for that shower of *****e (I hope!!!!)

Spudster
21-07-2010, 04:27 PM
If he could be kept fit (doubtful) Ljunberg - still - has more footballing intelligence in his pinky toenail than that rest of the Huns squad put together (and if Davis goes, make that "the Huns squad put together and multiplied by 10)

If fit and remotely on form, he'd dawdle into the Rangers team and pish all over the SPL for the most part. Likewise with Sol Campbell if he were to join Celtic, though they are obviously very different players.

Like Andy says, far, far too much class for that shower of *****e (I hope!!!!)

Ljunberg hasn't had a decent season since 2004/05. No chance he could last beyond HT in the SPL nowadays IMO

Future17
21-07-2010, 04:43 PM
Tied into a fairly lucrative deal with Seattle Sounders if memory serves....

iwasthere1972
21-07-2010, 04:49 PM
It cost West Ham £13 million (including the £3 million they paid to Arsenal and the £6 Million pay off that he got) for 25 games and 2 goals.

£520,000 a game
£6.5 million a goal.

Even if Rangers could afford to pay him £20,000 a week it would be like sweetie money compared to what West Ham forked out.