PDA

View Full Version : Bamba to France??

Spike Mandela
15-07-2010, 10:54 PM
http://www.goal.com/en/news/90/france/2010/07/15/2026505/paris-saint-germain-lille-arles-avignon-after-souleymane?

HIBERNIAN-0762
16-07-2010, 07:58 AM
"Who wants to quit the SPL team as quickly as possible" WTF? where did they get this piece of crap from?

:confused:

:bitchy:

Jim44
16-07-2010, 08:54 AM
"Who wants to quit the SPL team as quickly as possible" WTF? where did they get this piece of crap from?

:confused:

:bitchy:

Bamba? His agent? :dunno: Bamba has hardly expressed any sign of commitment to Hibs either before his holiday in South Africa or since he returned. We're all familiair with his talk about moving on to much bigger things and the silence about his present status is deafening. I'd say this article is not too far off the mark. If he's going nowhere, I think it's about time the club issued some sort of statement.

aberhibsfc
16-07-2010, 09:20 AM
Bamba? His agent? :dunno: Bamba has hardly expressed any sign of commitment to Hibs either before his holiday in South Africa or since he returned. We're all familiair with his talk about moving on to much bigger things and the silence about his present status is deafening. I'd say this article is not too far off the mark. If he's going nowhere, I think it's about time the club issued some sort of statement.

:agree:

Until otherwise agreed, Bamba is a Hibs player picking up Hibs wages so I'd expect a level of commitment and professionalism from him. Hibs have given him a platform to build from. He has enhanced that further by playing for his country. I'm quite sure he'll enjoy his Hibs salary while injured and not attracting serious interest.

To Hibs his value as a player has remained the same, well, while he's fit that is. His value to Hibs as an asset has taken a severe drop due to him not participating at the World Cup, if he had played and played well his value would have climbed substantially and he would be courted by some decent teams. As this hasn't happened there seems to be a string of mid-sized clubs lining up as some form of bargain basement suitors.

I take exception to this article on a number of issues:

Bamba, as far as I understand has no issue with Hibs and is not looking for an escape route at a bargain price, he is looking to further his career at a higher level.

Being overlooked for the central defensive position with a defensive midfielder taking his place may have been more to do with the fact he was injured throughout the World Cup.

Newcastle are being decribed as lesser lights compared to Lille, PSG etc. Don't get me wrong, the French sides are decent but the only thing they have over Newcastle was they were playing in the top flight last season. Newcastle will outmuscle them in all other aspects.

It sounds like this article comes from the French equivelant of the Daily ******. Trying to twist the facts and manipulate situations.

Bamba may go this summer, it won't be for as much as previously thought due to WC. I'd rather lose him for a £1million than a Stokes or Riordan.

I know he mentioned in interviews previously that he would like to play at a higher level, right ok, but if he is moping around because he wants to go, think he's better than he is, he can cut it out. If he's that good it will
generate offers and the ones that the Tache deems acceptable will be the winner.

blackpoolhibs
16-07-2010, 09:37 AM
Newspapers wright sheite, some folk copy that sheite on to here. Some folk then believe that sheite.

persevere1875
16-07-2010, 11:33 AM
Newspapers wright sheite, some folk copy that sheite on to here. Some folk then believe that sheite.

Whilst I agree with your comments re newspapers, the problem is when you get a whif of sheite up your nose, its normally somewhere close by...........:wink:

Leithenhibby
16-07-2010, 12:05 PM
Never been a huge Bamba fan so, IF this is proved correct then I for one will sleep tonight.

"We Are Hibernian FC" :cool2:

Phil D. Rolls
16-07-2010, 03:28 PM
Not surprised, there were supporters telling him to get tae France every week last season.

SloopJB
16-07-2010, 07:02 PM
He is also going to Rangers and Newcastle so the fee should be a cracker, well done RP. Sell a player to three clubs

Chuckie
16-07-2010, 07:08 PM
He's going nowhere til he's brought that stinking World Cup to Leith for the Hibees to see.

seanraff07
16-07-2010, 07:15 PM
:agree:

Until otherwise agreed, Bamba is a Hibs player picking up Hibs wages so I'd expect a level of commitment and professionalism from him. Hibs have given him a platform to build from. He has enhanced that further by playing for his country. I'm quite sure he'll enjoy his Hibs salary while injured and not attracting serious interest.

To Hibs his value as a player has remained the same, well, while he's fit that is. His value to Hibs as an asset has taken a severe drop due to him not participating at the World Cup, if he had played and played well his value would have climbed substantially and he would be courted by some decent teams. As this hasn't happened there seems to be a string of mid-sized clubs lining up as some form of bargain basement suitors.

I take exception to this article on a number of issues:

Bamba, as far as I understand has no issue with Hibs and is not looking for an escape route at a bargain price, he is looking to further his career at a higher level.

Being overlooked for the central defensive position with a defensive midfielder taking his place may have been more to do with the fact he was injured throughout the World Cup.

Newcastle are being decribed as lesser lights compared to Lille, PSG etc. Don't get me wrong, the French sides are decent but the only thing they have over Newcastle was they were playing in the top flight last season. Newcastle will outmuscle them in all other aspects.

It sounds like this article comes from the French equivelant of the Daily ******. Trying to twist the facts and manipulate situations.

Bamba may go this summer, it won't be for as much as previously thought due to WC. I'd rather lose him for a £1million than a Stokes or Riordan.

I know he mentioned in interviews previously that he would like to play at a higher level, right ok, but if he is moping around because he wants to go, think he's better than he is, he can cut it out. If he's that good it will
generate offers and the ones that the Tache deems acceptable will be the winner.

:top marks