PDA

View Full Version : The Absolutely Not Doom or Gloomy Thread...

Hibs On Tour
13-07-2010, 05:23 PM
FFS - seems like a load of doom and gloom threads today! Demise of reserve leagues, clubs going to the wall, the end of life as we know it etc...

Whilst all of these things may or may not happen - its life - probably all will to some extent without ever getting as good or bad as the prime exponents are warning, lets get some perspective from a Hibby angle.

We've strengthened the squad where we all wanted it to be strengthened
We haven't looked like having to shell out plentosh dosh to do so
None of our big guns have [thus far] left and [thus far] there are nothing more than pretty loose rumours that any of them will
We've got a completed training centre that looks like its been a factor in some of our new bods signing with us
We've [very nearly] got a completed Uefa-compliant stadium that will house 21000 - hence hosting more games, hence more revenue for the team
Our competitors are all shedding their best players like a tuppenny tomcat sheds lingerie...
We have our best youngsters either in or around the first team or out on loan gaining experience
We still have a chain of good young players coming through
Even the bloody quagmire of a pitch from last season has been relaid!
The sun is even shining FFS - we, more than pretty much any other set of fans in the UK at present, have reason to be cheerful no? :greengrin

Feel free to add more reasons...

Turnip
13-07-2010, 06:00 PM
We aren't owned by a dodgy Russian egomaniac,
we aren't 35 million in debt,
our main stand isn't a crumbling asbestos filled wreck,
we don't share our training centre with students,
we don't play in Gorgie,
we don't have an unhealthy infatuation with being a 'big team'
our manager is in control of player signings,
but most importantly,
we are not hearts !

Spike Mandela
13-07-2010, 06:06 PM
we are unbeaten this season.

Viva_Palmeiras
14-07-2010, 08:39 PM
But didn't it tip it down today ?

Hibs On Tour
15-07-2010, 01:00 AM
But didn't it tip it down today ?

There's always one! Petrie! :grr:

Hibs On Tour
15-07-2010, 11:41 PM
Faark it!

On the basis of Rangers losing yet another almost ever-present from last season [Katy the ****] along with both of their regular scorers [Boyd/Novo] and Celtic losing Boruc [who alone was probably worth about 10 points a season to them] and McDonald [yes I know that was at Xmas but they temporarily replaced him with Keane and that's not gonna happen again], I think its wild prediction time...

I think *both* of these nonentities are there for the faarking taking this season, more so than in any other season I can recently think of. Celtic at least have some dosh to regroup but that'll depend on Lennon spending wisely and thus far I don't see massive signs of that [looking at season-long loans for the likes of Sol Campbell and Jimmy Bullard, both of whom would have eaten large money in wages]. If Celtic do sell McGeady for the reported £8m and spend a good chunk on a proven goalscorer then it gets interesting. As it stands, we have more firepower than either of them...

Fully realise that we still won't have the strength in depth that either of them have and that come the New Year if either is in trouble they will get some cash for a stop-gap from somewhere but I genuinely think that the time is ripe for them to get 'brought back into the pack' this season as I think us and Utd will take points off both and who knows perhaps even Murderwell and even the Homo's...

No, I'm not saying we'll win the league or maybe even split them. Just think everything will be much closer this season. In any event, I can't see it being another 20 odd points between that pair and the rest of us again this year. Probably get proved completely wrong but just have this nagging feeling that they're both down to pretty much bare bones in terms of reliable, strong teams now. Mind you, ask me again come the end of the transfer window in August eh?...

GGTTH :greengrin

KWJ
15-07-2010, 11:44 PM
Celtic should walk it if Lenny can make them play. Reckon Ledley will be a great signing for them.

Can't wait to see Hibs run out this season.