PDA

View Full Version : Hibs supporters who sing

RIP
12-07-2010, 08:21 PM
Craig and Charlie ........sorry lads, not a thread about you
Ar East End Park on Saturday I went up at half time and stood at the back of the stand. One or two guys started all or most of the songs. Their 3 or 4 mates then immediately joined in. Some songs lasted a verse and some kind of petered out. For such a small group though they managed to initiate quite a bit of singing. Well done guys - withoput you leading the way it would have been a quiet afternoon. :thumbsup:

In my experience, fitba singers can be classified into 4 main types

V1 - Lead vocalist - Big voices and a lot of balls. Willing to regularly start off a song
V2 - Backup vocalists - They will fire in straight away with backup and occasionally sing lead. Usually pals of the lead vocalist
V3 - The choir - They won't start a song but will join in after V1 and V2 have started a song
V4 - The audience - They will join in to the main songs / after a goal but won't join the choir in every song
V5 - Can't sing, won't sing - fair dos - not everyone's cup o char

So what type of singer are you and, if you are a V1 or a V2 - where will you be sitting next season? If East Stand what SECTION - front or back??

bubblesmorrison
12-07-2010, 08:25 PM
used to be a v1 with my pal but he stopped going so now would say am a v2 or 3. but in the new stand in the singing section so looking to sing as much as i can.

RIP
12-07-2010, 08:28 PM
used to be a v1 with my pal but he stopped going so now would say am a v2 or 3. but in the new stand in the singing section so looking to sing as much as i can.

What section? 40? 41?

RoYO!
12-07-2010, 08:29 PM
V3 :) def not going to start a song but will get in there early.

Sitting on the halfway line.

Going to try to get the songs making their way along from the signing section

blackpoolhibs
12-07-2010, 08:31 PM
I'm an F1, not a singer,but like to fart along with every song.

blairwallace
12-07-2010, 08:39 PM
V5, watch the football eh!!!
i'm upper west with rodders till i die, im upper west with rodders till i die!

i would like to say V2 but in all honesty i think im V3

seanraff07
12-07-2010, 08:47 PM
Probably V2.. hoping to be V1 by some point next season, i have started the odd song now and then at the end of last season but i'm only 15 and haven't had the balls to do it more often but i think that will come to me soon.:greengrin

zelda
12-07-2010, 08:58 PM
V3 FF Upper

Diclonius
12-07-2010, 09:13 PM
V3.5. Will join in when with other people who will sing. As I am in the West Upper I rarely do.

Thomson1875
12-07-2010, 09:29 PM
id say im a V2 , if someone near me starts ill join in but if i end up being the only one singing i usually stop. im in section 44 row cc i think, think im going to move to 43 though.

down the slope
12-07-2010, 09:33 PM
Whatever happened to watching the fitba ?.

LancashireHibby
12-07-2010, 09:41 PM
Direct correlation between how much booze is consumed and which of the above categories can be fallen in to :agree:

Definitely a V1 when I go to watch Leigh rugby, but a V2.5 when I watch Hibs, I reckon - will be heading for the East Stand whenever possible next season, preferably up near the back.

RIP
12-07-2010, 09:46 PM
Whatever happened to watching the fitba ?.

I went to my first match in 1961. There was singing then. My dad sung and me, my brother and sister learned from him. Since then I've watched the fitba and sung at over 600 games.

Are you talking about the 1950's?? Or the telly? :wink:

jon paul jones
12-07-2010, 09:50 PM
Ar East End Park on Saturday I went up at half time and stood at the back of the stand. One or two guys started all or most of the songs. Their 3 or 4 mates then immediately joined in. Some songs lasted a verse and some kind of petered out. For such a small group though they managed to initiate quite a bit of singing. Well done guys - withoput you leading the way it would have been a quiet afternoon. :thumbsup:

V1 - Lead vocalist - Big voices and a lot of balls. Willing to regularly start off a song
V2 - Backup vocalists - They will fire in straight away with backup and occasionally sing lead. Usually pals of the lead vocalist
V3 - The choir - They won't start a song but will join in after V1 and V2 have started a song
V4 - The audience - They will join in to the main songs / after a goal but won't join the choir in every song

So what type of singer are you and, if you are a V1 or a V2 - where will you be sitting next season? If East Stand what SECTION - front or back??

Hey 49 years,

Met at the meeting and can confirm I am V2 with V1 potential. I've placed myself in block 44 in the new East and seat U206.

Looking forward to bringing the noise.

j

Ed De Gramo
12-07-2010, 09:55 PM

Hmmmm...

Pretty much a V2 but can be a V1 if I know someone will join in after the initial HAAAAAIL HAAAAIL....:agree:

Ginger Gehagan
12-07-2010, 10:02 PM
I'd say I'm a V1, used to start songs in the old east and at the back of the south when we were there last season. Me and my mate are in the back row of block 42.

HibbyAndy
12-07-2010, 10:03 PM
Hmmmm...

Pretty much a V2 but can be a V1 if I know someone will join in after the initial HAAAAAIL HAAAAIL....:agree:

:singing: The Hibs are here :singing:

Ed De Gramo
12-07-2010, 10:06 PM
:singing: The Hibs are here :singing:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lofarl
12-07-2010, 11:43 PM
V2 or V3. If I have a few before the game I can be a V1. Its all about the confidence.

Dashing Bob S
12-07-2010, 11:47 PM
V2 or V3. If I have a few before the game I can be a V1. Its all about the confidence.

Great thread 49. I've gone from V 2 to V4 in the pub, and probably V5 in the ground. I'm going to try and do better in the new east.

basehibby
12-07-2010, 11:51 PM
I'm usually a V2 - sometimes receding to a V4 if I've had a really big night the hnight before :sairhead:

deeks01
13-07-2010, 12:46 AM
Probably V2.. hoping to be V1 by some point next season, i have started the odd song now and then at the end of last season but i'm only 15 and haven't had the balls to do it more often but i think they'll drop soon greengrin

fixed it for ya sean ;) , didn't know you used .net as well as the bounce lol

I'm a v1.... unless we're getting absolutely pumped beyond belief then i just watch in silence lol

1st post since being excommunicated from the bounce (BOOOOO!!) so be gentle ;) lol

deeks

basehibby
13-07-2010, 01:16 AM

I'm a v1.... unless we're getting absolutely pumped beyond belief then i just watch in silence lol

1st post since being excommunicated from the bounce (BOOOOO!!) so be gentle ;) lol

deeks

Bounced from the bounce?!? - you must have been a naughty boy :slipper:

deeks01
13-07-2010, 02:34 AM
Bounced from the bounce?!? - you must have been a naughty boy :slipper:

aye terrible :yawn: I mean what kind of poster comments on one of his mates getting banned for having a superior sense of humour to bounce admins :wink: banned for disagreeing with a banning :confused: was also fabricated that i was abusive to an admin in my posts , no one can ever find those posts......... wonder why? :grr:

anyways I've seen the light now :hnet:

craig1875
13-07-2010, 05:04 AM

Cheers. It's always good to get songs going and if we are there we will sing. I know not everyone sings, but thats how we roll. V1 or V2 everytime, depending on who else is about. _hucks_ , was the main voice... again! :agree:

Keith_M
13-07-2010, 05:48 AM
I'm knocking on a bit now, but still range between a V3 to (occasional) V1. As I've got a rather loud voice, my chants normally get joined in by others.

Oh and official singing section isn't 40-41. I think it's 43 - 45 isn't it? I'm not planning on paying attention to the fact I'm not in official singing section, though, as I'll be doing my usual "sing, ya borin barstewards" act in section 40 :wink:

Nando™
13-07-2010, 06:56 AM
Hucks is my favourite person..

CallumLaidlaw
13-07-2010, 07:13 AM
I'd say I'm a V3, but could be a V2 when alcohol-fuelled, or V4 when hungover.
I'm moving west to east this year, and am in the halfway line block, 2/3rds up

Sandy
13-07-2010, 07:27 AM
V2 whenever I am at a match, which is hardly ever now :boo hoo: Might get to a game when back in August :pray:

RIP
13-07-2010, 07:53 AM
From previous threads it looks like the Singing Section may be a bit too big. Sections 42 to 45 carry about 2700 seats - - probably the average seated attendance of the entire East Stand last season.

Do we need a singing section WITHIN the Singing Section? :greengrin

At the moment a lot of our lead singers and backup singers are near the back of blocks 42 and 43.

From Row R up to JJ and seat 155 to 190 - is that where the songs are going to start from? That sounds like a group of about 700 ST's plus 300 walkups

If you are a singer is your seat near there or too far away? If you are in blocks 40, 41 or 44 are you going to miss out on the best atmosphere? Or maybe get some peace tae watch the fitba :wink:

Arch Stanton
13-07-2010, 09:08 AM
The trouble with V1's is that they not only have loud voices but they also have high voices - I can only manage half a verse before my voice becomes too screechy and I have to give up.

They should have a tuning fork, like they have in the kirk, so that they pitch it right IMO :greengrin

Thomson1875
13-07-2010, 06:13 PM
aye terrible :yawn: I mean what kind of poster comments on one of his mates getting banned for having a superior sense of humour to bounce admins :wink: banned for disagreeing with a banning :confused: was also fabricated that i was abusive to an admin in my posts , no one can ever find those posts......... wonder why? :grr:

anyways I've seen the light now :hnet:

seems to be loads getting banned from the bounce now, must be why its pretty dead.

seanraff07
13-07-2010, 06:38 PM

deeks

I sort of gave up on the Bounce a few months ago mate, was pretty dead.

A lot more threads going on this.. what exactly did you say to one of the Admins to get bounced?:tsk tsk:

RIP
14-07-2010, 09:29 AM

A lot more threads going on this.. what exactly did you say to one of the Admins to get bounced?:tsk tsk:

Don't go there guys. Move on

frazeHFC
14-07-2010, 10:52 AM
V3, one of very few in the FF, apart from the people that chant "Hibees" over and over again. Quite often when a song starts in the East i then join in on the next verse/line and then some others join in in the FF.

Owain_1987
14-07-2010, 11:14 AM
I would say V2 but I really can not sing but love to get behind Hibs hope other fans drown out my lack of keeping to a tune!! :greengrin

.Sean.
14-07-2010, 02:03 PM
V1 or V2, depends on wether i'm bevvied enought to belt out a 'HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAiL' and how well the team are playing. Next season i'm back in the East, Row R, seat 178, no sure what block number it is but it's third from the South, just under the singing section.

By the way, how bad's it when you absolutely boom a 'hail' or 'altogether now' and nobody joins in?!

Nando™
14-07-2010, 03:42 PM
V1 or V2, depends on wether i'm bevvied enought to belt out a 'HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAiL' and how well the team are playing. Next season i'm back in the East, Row R, seat 178, no sure what block number it is but it's third from the South, just under the singing section.

By the way, how bad's it when you absolutely boom a 'hail' or 'altogether now' and nobody joins in?!
Having mates would help you out :cool2:

iwasthere1972
14-07-2010, 03:49 PM
V1 - Lead vocalist - Big voices YES and a lot of balls JUST THE TWO. Willing to regularly start off a song NOT SO MUCH A SONG BUT A "HIBEES HIBEES CHANT ETC

V2 - Backup vocalists - They will fire in straight away with backup and occasionally sing lead. Usually pals of the lead vocalist [ B]DEFO[/B]

So to an extent both V1 and V2

RIP
14-07-2010, 04:13 PM
V1 - Lead vocalist - Big voices YES and a lot of balls JUST THE TWO. Willing to regularly start off a song NOT SO MUCH A SONG BUT A "HIBEES HIBEES CHANT ETC

V2 - Backup vocalists - They will fire in straight away with backup and occasionally sing lead. Usually pals of the lead vocalist [ B]DEFO[/B]

So to an extent both V1 and V2

So where you sitting next season? Could we start an auld codgers singing section?

Or were ye just a bairn in 1972? :greengrin

deeks01
15-07-2010, 02:17 AM
seems to be loads getting banned from the bounce now, must be why its pretty dead.

I got banned for protesting some bannings. Folk got rather touchy. :yawn:

nothing offensive , asked why certain people were bounced and said that unnecesary bannings were bad for the site. Went to sign in the next day and it said "banned for referring to admins as P*****" which I did NOT do.

Don't go there guys. Move on

last word I've said on it and I'm looking forward to a good posting career on .net :agree:

Pretty Boy
15-07-2010, 09:25 AM
Anything from V2 through V5.

Games against Hearts or the infirm i'll be right in there giving it laldy, games against the likes of Aberdeen or Dundee Utd i'll be there or thereabouts.

Unfortunately against the likes of St Mirren, Killie and Hamilton i just find it so hard to get up for these games now that i tend to try and watch the football. These clubs have such poor supports both home and away it's hard to get a decent banter going anyway.

iwasthere1972
15-07-2010, 12:59 PM
So where you sitting next season? Could we start an auld codgers singing section?

Or were ye just a bairn in 1972? :greengrin I WISH

I haven't bought a season ticket as I don't want to risk sitting in the middle of a couple of moaners for months on end and ruining my Easter Road experience. I tend to "flit" between stands depending on my mood. Saying that I fully expect that most of my time will be spent in the "Uberfan" stand.

My reportoire does not stop at :singing: Hibees Hibees Hibees :singing:. I love belting out Cheerio :bye: Cheerio :bye: Cheerio :bye: and :singing: We can see you sneaking out, we can see you sneaking out :singing: Sometimes I even aim those the last two songs at the opposition fans. :wink:

Mikeystewart
15-07-2010, 01:11 PM
v3:thumbsup: