PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings?

essexhibee
10-07-2010, 04:35 PM
I wasnt at the match and will obviously be going on those who were/have heard from people at the match.

How did the players perform today, and what of the new boys, in particular De Graff? Some ratings here from the guys that were there would be much appreciated!!

Curly1875
10-07-2010, 04:45 PM
Stephens did well even bagged a goal but as for De Graff, the first half he barely touched the ball (although that isn't all his fault) but in the second he seemed quite shaky and didn't play to well, not what I expected from him

Taz_hibee
10-07-2010, 04:51 PM
Have to disagree, guy looked like he will be a quality signing, very confident on the ball and good passer, like most he was not busting a gut as it is only our 1st friendly

Steve20
10-07-2010, 04:55 PM
I thought De Graff looked quite good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

houston1875
10-07-2010, 05:36 PM
Liked the look of Stephens! Sean welsh could be a star? Passed ball very well in 2nd half,better movement? Like the look of the youngsters in 2nd half!

matty_f
10-07-2010, 05:41 PM
Thought that De Graaf strolled through the game without needing to do too much, I'll be interested to see how much better he is once he's at full fitness though. Hart looked quite a bit off the pace, and so again, will be better placed to judge after a few more games.
Stephens, on the other hand, looks a real find from Yogi. :thumbsup:

Thought Welsh and Currie did very well when they came on. and I thought the Stokes/Riordan partnership looked much more potent than the Nish/Riordan one.

Hank Schrader
10-07-2010, 05:44 PM
I thought De Graff played okay, looks a very good passer of the ball but didn't seem to want to make any runs with the ball. Whether this is down to him finding his feet I don't know. He didn't make many erroneous passes though.

The lad Sean Welsh looks like a star in the making. A very confident and accomplished looking player.

down-the-slope
10-07-2010, 05:46 PM
Liked the look of Stephens! Sean welsh could be a star? Passed ball very well in 2nd half,better movement? Like the look of the youngsters in 2nd half!

Was the best of the 2008/09 U19's who i likened to KT at same age...injury just before the double wining fanale put paid to him joining Spoony in first team last year......I really hope he makes the step up as his range of passing and tackling is just what we need...I expect him to be understudy to McBride but be a regular by end of the season

HibbyRod
10-07-2010, 05:46 PM
I thought every one of the youngsters who came on in the 2nd half were very impressive!

These were Smith, Taggart, Horner , Currie, Welsh, Galbraith and Stephens (he looks extremely impressive, and took his goal very well!).

Things are looking promising for the future for the Hibees. :thumbsup:

At The Edge
10-07-2010, 05:50 PM
Agree on the Deek and Stokes partnership up front, definitely on the same wave length today, thought that Deek had a good day all round, always looking for the ball, maybe hes been watching Tevez and Messi :wink:
the young lads all looked good, Graff will be a find after getting a foothold in the Scottish game, looked a good reader of the game.
Overall a lot to be pleased with :agree:

frazeHFC
10-07-2010, 05:52 PM
Done it roughly, did not take much time so others will disagree.

Brown - 6
Wotherspoon - 8
Hogg - 6
Hanlon - 7
Murray - 7
De Graaf - 5 (short of fitness) maybe a 6
McBride - 6
Miller - 7
Rankin - 6
Nish - 5
Riordan - 8

Subs:

Smith - 7
Hart - 6
Stephens - 9
Stevenson - 6
Welsh - 8
Stokes - 7
Currie - 6
Galbraith - 6

Could not really tell who was who for the others, the one playing next to Deeks for the majority looked good.

lucky
10-07-2010, 05:52 PM
The Kids played well in second half. Liked look of Currie. De Graffe is not a box to box player based on today's performance. Hart looked sluggish too. Riordan and stokes up front looked great. But it is early days.

houston1875
10-07-2010, 05:56 PM
nd I thought the Stokes/Riordan partnership looked much more potent than the Nish/Riordan one.

gotta agree with that like!!!

plus thought hanlon has put on weight?

cleanyman
10-07-2010, 06:15 PM
De Graaf looks a wee bit unfit....but that will come. Overall, it was a good outing.

mim
10-07-2010, 10:30 PM
I though De Graaf was good, but playng out of position.

He wasn't involved enough on the right of midfield and couldn't influence the game much.
When he drifted into a more central midfield role, he looked more influential and was directing the
midfield.

Young Stephens looks a great prospect (better than Hanlon, who I also rate) and Welsh looked
very good.

I'll reserve judgement on Hart, who clearly lacks fitness just now.

All in all quite a pleasing second half. The first half was full of pointless passing.

matty_f
10-07-2010, 10:32 PM

He wasn't involved enough on the right of midfield and couldn't influence the game much.
When he drifted into a more central midfield role, he looked more influential and was directing the
midfield.

Young Stephens looks a great prospect (better than Hanlon, who I also rate) and Welsh looked
very good.

All in all quite a pleasing second half. The first half was full of pointless passing.

The first half was dire up until we scored, thought that lifted the players a bit and we never really looked back from that.

HibbyRod
10-07-2010, 11:41 PM
I'm confused....was it Smith, or Currie?....I now believe it was, in fact, Currie (I think Smith is, in fact, on loan to Brechin....can someone please confirm?) :doh:

Winston Ingram
11-07-2010, 09:00 AM

midfield.

very good.

He's a right midfielder so how was he playing out of position:confused:

frazeHFC
11-07-2010, 09:04 AM
I think De Graaf will be the box-to-box midfielder we need. He kept dropping back asking for the ball, he was shouting orders at players like Nish and Rankin so he got more space, when he got the ball he did not turn and run but needs to get the pace of our football and needs fitness. So i think he will be the player we need. :thumbsup:

Love the Green
11-07-2010, 11:16 AM
Young Smith is a cebtral defender and was nit involved today..he is not on loan either....
Have been waiting to see Welsh get a runa after his very good u19 season ..he has confidence and arrogance coupled with his multiple skills is the which shouls see him do very well.....Curie did ok he has a magic left foot with a great vision for passing....

Booth and Moyes are on loan to Brechin for 6 months.

Dont want to be negative but Hanlon had a shockler yesterday and think bamba(if he stays) and Thicot are our best cental defensive pairing.

"keep the faith":wink:

mim
11-07-2010, 11:18 AM
He's a right midfielder so how was he playing out of position:confused:

You can call him anything you want.
On the evidence of yesterday, he is clearly more effective in the central midfield than on the wing.