PDA

View Full Version : Gow punted by Plymouth

Steve20
09-07-2010, 06:27 PM
Could we maybe see Alan Gow coming back this summer?

http://www.pafc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10364~2087017,00.html

Thomson1875
09-07-2010, 06:28 PM
hope not. Not a fan of his, but if he signs ill support him aslong as he puts a good enough shift in.

degenerated
09-07-2010, 06:31 PM
hope so, Gow is a good player who never got the chance to show what he is capable of due to injury. if deek is off to crystal phallus then gow would be an obvious replacement.

Judas Iscariot
09-07-2010, 06:32 PM
hope so, Gow is a good player who never got the chance to show what he is capable of due to injury. if deek is off to crystal phallus then gow would be an obvious replacement.

:agree:

Spike Mandela
09-07-2010, 06:34 PM

Doubt Gow would give you 15-20 goals a season.:confused:

gackohibs
09-07-2010, 06:48 PM

exactly. id rather he signed for us than hearts.

Winston Ingram
09-07-2010, 07:21 PM

agreed

Baldy Foghorn
09-07-2010, 07:29 PM

Did not impress that much during his spell at us, would be surprised to see him back.....

ionahibby
09-07-2010, 07:33 PM
although i don't think he is that bad a player as hughes has been quoted as saying before there is no point signing players just for the sake of it unless really have something to offer. Would he be in the first 11 evey week not sure tbh.

Love the Green
09-07-2010, 07:37 PM

You having a ****in laugh worlds apart Gow couldnae lace deeks boots.
No way do we want Gow back at hibs lazy lightweight.

"keep the faith":thumbsup::thumbsup:

PaulSmith
09-07-2010, 07:39 PM
[/SIZE]

Lazy leightwait, that what Riordan is described as every second week on here

Love the Green
09-07-2010, 07:53 PM
Lazy leightwait, that what Riordan is described as every second week on here

Not by me... so what you saying it sounds like a good idea?

"keep the faith":wink:

scottp1875
09-07-2010, 08:17 PM
would take him back, dont think he got much of a chance and can play in a few positions

jonny
09-07-2010, 08:33 PM
[/SIZE]

:agree::agree:

Gow was murder - had his chance and totally blew it. Everywhere he's been recently he's been total mince. Norwich took him on loan and sent him back after he was found out, he came to Hibs and played a fair few games (despite his injuries) and got 1 goal against Montrose and done nothing. Given his proneness to injury as well as his lack of skill he would be nothing more than a passenger.
He cant get a game for Plymouth... says it all really.

After 3 good signings I would be gutted if we signed him.

iwasthere1972
09-07-2010, 08:36 PM

We didn't see the best of Gow and for some reason I don't think we would if he returned.

matty_f
09-07-2010, 08:41 PM
Considering he was injured for a large part of his time here, I don't think it's that fair to judge Gow on that time. I think he'd still have something to offer, and given an extended time at the club may, he could well prove a valuable signing.

That said, I'll not be anywhere close to gutted if we don't sign him!

Sir David Gray
09-07-2010, 08:50 PM

:shocked: I would be gutted if Derek Riordan left us, and even more so if his direct replacement was to be Alan Gow.

I know he had injury problems when he was with us last season but I don't think he's capable of scoring 20 goals a season like Derek Riordan.

PaulSmith
09-07-2010, 08:58 PM
Not by me... so what you saying it sounds like a good idea?

"keep the faith":wink:

Just to clarify, absolutely not IMO but this is what I constantly read on here about Derek

aberhibsfc
09-07-2010, 09:35 PM
:shocked: I would be gutted if Derek Riordan left us, and even more so if his direct replacement was to be Alan Gow.

I know he had injury problems when he was with us last season but I don't think he's capable of scoring 20 goals a season like Derek Riordan.

Riordan :agree: Gow :confused: Dunno, maybe, but would have to be fitter and show some effort.

monktonharp
09-07-2010, 09:49 PM
hae good tae Plymooth,nae good for Hibernian

Speedway
09-07-2010, 09:50 PM
Very, very likely to sign for us.

MyJo
09-07-2010, 10:00 PM
Very, very likely to sign for us.

:agree: I reckon he'll be offered a year with us

IWasThere2016
09-07-2010, 10:02 PM
I agree with Speedway - he'll be at ER IMHO - and Deeks will leave.

Bob Box Fish
09-07-2010, 10:02 PM
I just don't see him improving the team in any way vs what we already have.

Never looked at the races on his loan spell and would be a waste of a signing IMO.

Sure we could do better- maybe even try and get a younger lad with potential in like the 18 YO centre half we found.

Alfred E Newman
09-07-2010, 10:04 PM
[/SIZE]

You took the words out of my mouth.

monktonharp
09-07-2010, 10:06 PM
I agree with Speedway - he'll be at ER IMHO - and Deeks will leave. source ? or just opinion?

weecounty hibby
09-07-2010, 10:07 PM
Remember Benji has left so he may be seen as a replacement for him. If he does end up at ER I hope it's not to replace Riordan.

IWasThere2016
09-07-2010, 10:30 PM
FAO M/Harp - Hughes' admiration for Gow is well recorded known, and my understanding is Hibs want to recoup costs of Riordan's wages/fee .. so bit of opinion and source.

greenlex
09-07-2010, 10:35 PM
It better be no more than that. I would give him till January.

ian cruise
09-07-2010, 11:12 PM

loan spell wasnt enough to show whether he could do a job for us or not, a one year deal would be fair because he was a good player before he went to rangers, if he could regain that form would be useful addition to the squad but i think he has a lot of proving to do as a player, however that seems to be the situation when many player do their best for us.

basehibby
10-07-2010, 12:17 AM
He didn't impress me much last season although didn't get much of a run in the team to be fair. A step down in quality from Deeks IMO but does play a similar deep lying forward role and is a bit more mobile so wouldn't be surprised to see him targeted if Deeks puts his century of goals for Hibs to one side in favour of more dough - hope it doesn't happen.

HibbyAndy
10-07-2010, 12:25 AM
Gow was very unfortunate with injurys in his time at ER..When we got him in the January window i was fairly chuffed as he is more than a decent enough player to ply his trade in the SPL..However..I would imagine he would be on a few bob at ER, So id forget our interest in him and move on.Never off the treatment table is off no use to us . Not saying he doesnt have the tools, But id invest our wages elsewhere IMO , Better players on less wages.

alanhall69
10-07-2010, 08:33 AM
alan gow been let go ..:bye:
will hibs go for him . !!!:confused:
do we want or need him ...:hnet:

Danderhall Hibs
10-07-2010, 08:35 AM
I'd be surprised if Gow didn't sign for us.

SmokieJoe
10-07-2010, 08:37 AM
alan gow been let go ..:bye:
will hibs go for him . !!!:confused:
do we want or need him ...:hnet:

How much wages v's playing time and contribution on the pitch in his loan spell? he would have to vastly improve to be anywhere near his pre huns/move down south playing level. I'm sure Yogi would make sure he realised that if he was signing.

sundo1875
10-07-2010, 08:37 AM
Please no

Mikey
10-07-2010, 08:38 AM
Here already..........

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?187095-Gow-punted-by-Plymouth

Danderhall Hibs
10-07-2010, 08:41 AM
How much wages v's playing time and contribution on the pitch in his loan spell?

I've got no idea?

Is being injured his fault? What about being on the bench and not getting on the pitch?

Andy74
10-07-2010, 08:48 AM
Good player who didn't have much chance to show us that. I'd be happy to have him in the squad. Before he was injured he looked top class in the cup game when he came on linked up well and scored. Yes the opposition were poor but he looked a cut above the hibs players on the pitch too.

No idea why we so quick to take a pathological dislike to players these days.

matty_f
10-07-2010, 10:05 AM
Good player who didn't have much chance to show us that. I'd be happy to have him in the squad. Before he was injured he looked top class in the cup game when he came on linked up well and scored. Yes the opposition were poor but he looked a cut above the hibs players on the pitch too.

No idea why we so quick to take a pathological dislike to players these days.

Our lives would be fairly hollow without the hatred and rage.

greenlex
10-07-2010, 10:16 AM
His hat enraged me and I hate him for it.

matty_f
10-07-2010, 10:26 AM
His hat enraged me and I hate him for it.

His hat was a shocker.:agree:

mike1875
10-07-2010, 11:08 AM
i'd rather have george boyd

IWasThere2016
10-07-2010, 11:12 AM
i'd rather have george boyd

Cannot see us paying the necessary fee.

I reckon we'll sign Gow - or at least try to.

BEEJ
10-07-2010, 12:05 PM
I've got no idea?

Is being injured his fault?
I guess the frustration stemmed largely from the suggestion that Gow had a record of several prolonged spells of injury in his career. His time on the treatment table whilst at ER appeared not to have been a unique experience for him.

Hence the rampant doubts.

IWasThere2016
10-07-2010, 12:17 PM
Gow won't play as often as Deeks nor contribute as much. But then he'll likely cost less than Derek on wages and we can realise a fee for Riordan also. So, you'll see how I think things will pan out.

Col2
10-07-2010, 10:08 PM
Gow won't play as often as Deeks nor contribute as much. But then he'll likely cost less than Derek on wages and we can realise a fee for Riordan also. So, you'll see how I think things will pan out.

Maybe so. However if a fee was then used to say get Clarkson from Bristol city then probably not much worse off. Something has to give though - I cannot see pertrie agreeing new deal for deeks while this fine fiasco stuff rumbles on.

monktonharp
10-07-2010, 10:32 PM
Gow won't play as often as Deeks nor contribute as much. But then he'll likely cost less than Derek on wages and we can realise a fee for Riordan also. So, you'll see how I think things will pan out.you seem confident that you have some inside info of this,judging by your previous posts on this subject. I hope you are completely wrong, and that we dont end up with someone that has done didly squat so far,for so long..............at the expense of DR (OR FANS THAT RATE HIM V.HIGHLY) who has done what he is meant to do on almost 100 occasions.,and some of that with a certain penache.

matty_f
10-07-2010, 10:36 PM

Post on the Bounce suggesting Deek has been offered a contract this week. Obviously I've nae idea whether or not it's true.

IWasThere2016
10-07-2010, 10:37 PM
Maybe so. However if a fee was then used to say get Clarkson from Bristol city then probably not much worse off. Something has to give though - I cannot see pertrie agreeing new deal for deeks while this fine fiasco stuff rumbles on.

There's nothing to agree - Hibs have made no offer of a new deal/extension

IWasThere2016
10-07-2010, 10:44 PM
Post on the Bounce suggesting Deek has been offered a contract this week. Obviously I've nae idea whether or not it's true.

Which is at complete odds with a new thread on the PM Board yesterday :confused:

MyJo
10-07-2010, 10:51 PM
Which is at complete odds with a new thread on the PM Board yesterday :confused:

not really at odds to be fair, Deeks is offered a new contract if he wants it he signs it, if he doesn't then Hibs look to recoup our outlay on signing him by accepting offers :dunno:

IWasThere2016
10-07-2010, 10:54 PM
not really at odds to be fair, Deeks is offered a new contract if he wants it he signs it, if he doesn't then Hibs look to recoup our outlay on signing him by accepting offers :dunno:

True - but there was no offer yesterday ..

MyJo
10-07-2010, 10:56 PM
True - but there was no offer yesterday ..

maybe the reported interest has spurred Hibs into action? I certainly hope so.

Could be that Deeks has said play me as a striker and i'll stay :wink::greengrin

IWasThere2016
10-07-2010, 10:59 PM

Could be that Deeks has said play me as a striker and i'll stay :wink::greengrin

:greengrin

greenlex
10-07-2010, 11:10 PM

Skipper at the end at EEP. :hmmm:

IWasThere2016
10-07-2010, 11:31 PM
So striker and skipper seals the deal! :thumbsup:

silverhibee
10-07-2010, 11:46 PM

Not true.

ian cruise
10-07-2010, 11:58 PM

was it not that he was due to start negotiations this week coming? not sure how accurate it is, but i really hope its true :worried:

500miles
11-07-2010, 12:35 AM
Skipper at the end at EEP. :hmmm:

Only after Hogg, Murray and Rankin went off. Yogi's 3 candidates for captaincy when he was first choosing his man after Jones' departure.

IWasThere2016
11-07-2010, 06:09 AM
If we are about to offer DR new terms, I can only think we will be selling Stokes as I am not inclined to believe that RP and Yogi think we can lose both players. According to some there is a release clause in Stokes' contract for £2m

sesoim
11-07-2010, 03:34 PM
NO, if we are spending any more money I would want it on a quality target man, a CB if Bamba leaves as expected, and a LB so Murray can play in his best position in midfield.

bingo70
11-07-2010, 03:35 PM
NO, if we are spending any more money I would want it on a quality target man, a CB if Bamba leaves as expected, and a LB so Murray can play in his best position in midfield.

Do you remember the last time he played there? Was under Mixu and he was absolutely brutal, IMO he's not got the mobility for midfield anymore.

CapitalHibs
11-07-2010, 03:49 PM
I have never doubted Ian Murray's comittment to the cause but he is nearing the end of his playing career (IMO). I'm afraid Yogi will keep playing him, Hogg and Rankin out of loyalty when perhaps there are better options now.

PaulSmith
11-07-2010, 04:05 PM
I have never doubted Ian Murray's comittment to the cause but he is nearing the end of his playing career (IMO). I'm afraid Yogi will keep playing him, Hogg and Rankin out of loyalty when perhaps there are better options now.

Hughes won't play anyone out of loyalty alone

IWasThere2016
11-07-2010, 06:15 PM
Hughes won't play anyone out of loyalty alone

:agree: Why would he? It could cost him his job!

seanraff07
11-07-2010, 08:59 PM
No thanks, been poor the last 2 years now.

Jones28
11-07-2010, 09:51 PM
:agree::agree:

Gow was murder - had his chance and totally blew it. Everywhere he's been recently he's been total mince. Norwich took him on loan and sent him back after he was found out, he came to Hibs and played a fair few games (despite his injuries) and got 1 goal against Montrose and done nothing. Given his proneness to injury as well as his lack of skill he would be nothing more than a passenger.
He cant get a game for Plymouth... says it all really.

After 3 good signings I would be gutted if we signed him.

Who were in the Championship last season, most competitive league in Britain imho

HibbyKeith
12-07-2010, 06:11 PM
heard today that hibs are after gow, the guy seemed to think it was "almost a done deal" ( i know.. i know .. how many times will we read that on here this close season)

source : a football agent

not sure how reliable he is, time will tell on that front i suppose, he talked a bit about how hibs have played dead with their interest in gow while he negotiated a release from his contract. :dunno:

anyone else hear similar?

personally wasn't too impressed with what i seen of gow, but that doesn't mean he can't/wont be a decent addition to the squad, if his signing meant that deek would play as a striker then I'm all for it... if its with a view to replacing deek he can gtf.

MyJo
12-07-2010, 07:42 PM
heard today that hibs are after gow, the guy seemed to think it was "almost a done deal" ( i know.. i know .. how many times will we read that on here this close season)

source : a football agent

not sure how reliable he is, time will tell on that front i suppose, he talked a bit about how hibs have played dead with their interest in gow while he negotiated a release from his contract. :dunno:

anyone else hear similar?

personally wasn't too impressed with what i seen of gow, but that doesn't mean he can't/wont be a decent addition to the squad, if his signing meant that deek would play as a striker then I'm all for it... if its with a view to replacing deek he can gtf.

I have to say i wouldn't mind seeing a midfield of Gow, Miller, McBride, De Graaf with Riordan and Stokes up front

CapitalHibs
12-07-2010, 08:46 PM
I have to say i wouldn't mind seeing a midfield of Gow, Miller, McBride, De Graaf with Riordan and Stokes up front

That midfield has the look of perfect balance about it. Get the left back position sorted - Deeks and Stokes up front - Bingo:drool: