PDA

View Full Version : Ketchup Stains

OtterHibee
29-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Anyone know how best to go about getting ketchup stains out of a white cotton t-shirt?

Thanks in advance.

Jay
29-06-2010, 07:02 PM
Have you tried vanish oxy - I swear by the stuff although even that didn't get the orange ice lolly stains off Macs white school top. Steep it in a bowl with the vanish crystals then put it in a 60 degree wash. Keptchup is a nightmare.

.Sean.
29-06-2010, 07:15 PM
Brown sauce :agree:

OtterHibee
29-06-2010, 07:21 PM
Have you tried vanish oxy - I swear by the stuff although even that didn't get the orange ice lolly stains off Macs white school top. Steep it in a bowl with the vanish crystals then put it in a 60 degree wash. Keptchup is a nightmare.

Tell me about it :grr:

I've just found a bottle of Vanish spray at the back of the cupboard. I've worked that into the stains and left it to soak in warm water. Going to try putting it in at 60 in about half an hour to see if that does the trick.

Thanks for your advice.

Jay
29-06-2010, 07:26 PM
KEPTCHUP??? My spelling has been awful this week. I know the words I want to say but my brain and fingers aren't connecting :boo hoo:

Hope you get the stain out.

Removed
29-06-2010, 08:01 PM
KEPTCHUP??? My spelling has been awful this week. I know the words I want to say but my brain and fingers aren't connecting :boo hoo:

It's ok Jill, we've all been there :agree:

Everyone is entitled to a paux fas every once in a while :wink:

Jay
29-06-2010, 09:00 PM
It's ok Jill, we've all been there :agree:

Everyone is entitled to a paux fas every once in a while :wink:

:rolleyes: EVERYONE knows its a faux pas Billy for goodness sake :greengrin

Removed
29-06-2010, 09:17 PM
:rolleyes: EVERYONE knows its a faux pas Billy for goodness sake :greengrin

I wrote faux pas but spelled it wrong and ****ed up fixing it - honest :greengrin

Jay
30-06-2010, 07:16 AM
I wrote faux pas but spelled it wrong and ****ed up fixing it - honest :greengrin

i think you are lying and are trying to cover it up if I am honest

HibeeB
30-06-2010, 09:42 AM

Never mind keptchup. How do you remove beertoot stains?????

I've been eating salads lately and rediscovered the joy of beetroot. Only trouble is it stains like a permanent dye.

Any suggestion Mrs. S.?

Removed
30-06-2010, 09:58 AM
i think you are lying and are trying to cover it up if I am honest

:agree:

Peevemor
30-06-2010, 10:07 AM
I eat loads of beetroot soaked in ketchup. I tend to throw out a lot of T-shirts. :grr:

Jay
30-06-2010, 11:58 AM
Wee scottie spilt beetroot vinegar on his white hibs shorts last week and in the clean up I managed to get it on my green top. I made him strip off immediately (not so handy in a restaurant but thankfully we were in the house :greengrin) and soaked them in hot water with vanish in and then washed them at 30 degrees with vanish in the machine too. Stain came out no bother. My top lay in the washing til next morning and got washed at 60 with no vanish and the stain still came out.

Tuna mixed with mayo and keptchup and beertoot on cheese and onion pringles was one of my preggers foods. :cool2:

greenlex
30-06-2010, 07:12 PM
What about grass stains? Carpet burns?

HibeeB
30-06-2010, 07:34 PM

You get carpet burns on your T-shirts :confused:

Do you get bruises on yer troosers as well :greengrin

I'm growing my coat :bye:

Jay
30-06-2010, 07:51 PM

Aye in yer dreams auld man :fibber:

:hilarious

greenlex
30-06-2010, 09:42 PM
Aye in yer dreams auld man :fibber:

:hilarious
:boo hoo: Nae need. :boo hoo: :greengrin

matty_f
01-07-2010, 11:12 PM
Anyone know how best to go about getting ketchup stains out of a white cotton t-shirt?

Thanks in advance.

Use Tipp-Ex.:agree:

HibbyAndy
03-07-2010, 04:47 PM
Cant believe no one has mentioned salt.

Will for sure take away the stain in your white cottons mate.

s.a.m
04-07-2010, 07:42 AM
If you're going somewhere hot and sunny on holiday, take it with you, wet it, and leave it out in the sun. The sun rarely gets hot enough here decent tomato stain removal, but I've hung things out to dry abroad that I'd lost all hope with, and watched old stains miraculously vanish! (:greengrin I sound like an advert........But it does work!)

HibeeB
05-07-2010, 12:14 PM
If you're going somewhere hot and sunny on holiday, take it with you, wet it, and leave it out in the sun. The sun rarely gets hot enough here decent tomato stain removal, but I've hung things out to dry abroad that I'd lost all hope with, and watched old stains miraculously vanish! (:greengrin I sound like an advert........But it does work!)

Thank god for that.

I really wondered where you were going with that for a minute.

An Leargaidh
13-08-2010, 10:51 PM

Thanks in advance.

Shake and shake the ketchup bottle,
none'll come and then the lot'll....

:greengrin :greengrin :greengrin :greengrin :greengrin :greengrin :greengrin :greengrin :greengrin :greengrin