PDA

View Full Version : T in the Park

GlesgaeHibby
29-06-2010, 10:10 AM
Just over a week to now, starting to get excited.

What bands are people hoping to see?

For me so far I want to see: Muse, The Proclaimers, Mumford and Sons, Madness, John Mayer, The Stranglers.

Also, I just got my car parking pass this morning and it says thu 8th-sun 11th...I thought the car parks would be open until the site closes on the monday morning? Anybody else got a parking pass and noticed that?

Teo10
29-06-2010, 10:20 AM
Not that excited for it just yet, will be soon enough though!

Going Saturday and Sunday no camping, any idea what kind of state the car park will be come sunday night? Forcast is meant to be rain!

AllyF
29-06-2010, 01:26 PM
If it rains I will cry and cry. I've come back peeling with sunburn the last two years.

The main artists for me are Mumford & Sons, The Proclaimers, Florence and Dizzee.

The map is now up on the website as well. No silent disco in the campsite, but there is a Dominos (for about a tenner a slice). Also some kind of water slide in the arena. Anyone bringing their trunks?!

steve75
29-06-2010, 01:40 PM
Just over a week to now, starting to get excited.

What bands are people hoping to see?

For me so far I want to see: Muse, The Proclaimers, Mumford and Sons, Madness, John Mayer, The Stranglers.

Also, I just got my car parking pass this morning and it says thu 8th-sun 11th...I thought the car parks would be open until the site closes on the monday morning? Anybody else got a parking pass and noticed that?

The camping tickets also say till 11th, obviously they don't expect you to pack up and go, monday is a given.

I'm looking to catch Faithless, Muse, Sterephonics, Eminem, Proclaimers & Rise Against.

Pretty gutted about some of the clashes, missing Hot Chip, Kele, 30secs & Mumford and Sons.

might try catch Yeasayer, Two Door Cinema Club, The Cribs, Biffy, Airbourne or the Draymin but im not fussed. Most of all looking forward to the campsite, can't whack warm Tennents for beakfast.

GlesgaeHibby
29-06-2010, 02:51 PM
The camping tickets also say till 11th, obviously they don't expect you to pack up and go, monday is a given.

I'm looking to catch Faithless, Muse, Sterephonics, Eminem, Proclaimers & Rise Against.

Pretty gutted about some of the clashes, missing Hot Chip, Kele, 30secs & Mumford and Sons.

might try catch Yeasayer, Two Door Cinema Club, The Cribs, Biffy, Airbourne or the Draymin but im not fussed. Most of all looking forward to the campsite, can't whack warm Tennents for beakfast.

I thought that, last time I went we packed up on monday and it was fine.

I can see from the new map that they have made the campsite bigger. Purple is now in a new field and green has expanded into where purple used to be.

Looking forward to water ride in the arena.

LamontHFC©
29-06-2010, 04:56 PM
Where can you get this map with all the line ups and stuff and time people are playing etc? Can't find it on the TITP website.

Barney McGrew
29-06-2010, 05:53 PM
Where can you get this map with all the line ups and stuff and time people are playing etc? Can't find it on the TITP website.

There's never an official time/line up given out because they want you to buy the ridiculously overpriced lanyards when you get there. The efestivals website usually knock something up the week before the event so you know who's playing where.

It's usually 99% spot on - I'll post up the link once one's available :cool2:

Site map is here (http://www.tinthepark.com/content/default.asp?page=s6_6)

steve75
29-06-2010, 08:22 PM
Rough Clashfinder, seems likely.

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=142973&view=findpost&p=3338599

Calvin
30-06-2010, 11:46 AM
Rough Clashfinder, seems likely.

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=142973&view=findpost&p=3338599

Not bad but the one that someone will put up next week when the finalised times are leaked is worth waiting for.

Really looking forward to it, but I looked at the map for age and never found the silent disco. Checked their website and it's not there this year, devastating.

Never camped last year due to work commitments but pleased to be going for the full 4 days again this year.

I was looking forward to Muse but I'm going to see them at Wembley Stadium in September so will probably try and miss them so I don't see the same set twice.

There's nobody I want to see on Friday except Mitchell Museum on the T-Break so will just do what my mates are doing or pass the time drinking Mojitos.

Saturday there's a lot of good bands on. Frightened Rabbit and We Are Scientists back to back on King Tut's; Sunshine Underground, Shed Seven and the Courteeners on the NME and The Proclaimers and Vampire Weekend back to back on the Main Stage. Unfortunately they could all be on at similar times but can't miss the Proclaimers and VW I think. Will probably see Eminem headlining just because I would never go and see him normally.

Sunday I like the look of The Stranglers, The View and Biffy on the Main Stage and The Cribs and Babyshambles on the NME. Will have to see how they clash. Madness on the NME is a must. Want to see Unicorn Kid too, does the T-Break finish earlier than the other stages?

Only really 14 bands I would be interested in seeing which is a lot less than previous years but that gives a lot of time to fill up on all the culinary delights offered in Healthy T.

seanraff07
30-06-2010, 08:40 PM
I haven't got a ticket and shall just be watching on TV and the internet over the weekend to watch it. Really hope Kasabian take stage at 10pm so it doesn't clash with the World Cup final. Will be interested to see how Eminem gets on. Can't stand Muse to be honest so will not be watching them.

Although i'm not the biggest fan of her genre, i will try and see Florence aswell and hopefully listen to a bit of Faithless, Jay-Z and Stereophonics.

If anyones unsure of all the artists playing there here's the line-up..

http://www.tinthepark.com/content/default.asp?page=s3_23

MountcastleHibs
30-06-2010, 09:54 PM
Really excited for T now!

Looking forward to seeing Calvin Harris, Jamie T, Stereophonics, Eminem, Jay Z, Courteeners, Paolo Nutini, the Cribs, Biffy Clyro, Kasabian and plenty more.

Really not a fan of Muse. Just something I don't like about them.

GlesgaeHibby
01-07-2010, 12:50 PM
Does anybody know how to get into car parks 1-4, the ones nearer the site entrance.

Be great to get into one of them to avoid the killer walk of death at T.

I guess it's first come first served? I'm coming on the thursday so hope I've got a good chance.

Marty-Hibee
01-07-2010, 04:28 PM
Does anybody know how to get into car parks 1-4, the ones nearer the site entrance.

I guess it's first come first served? I'm coming on the thursday so hope I've got a good chance.

I would honestly not be suprised if people collapsed/fainted etc on that walk. the last 2 years i genuinely thought i was gonna have a heart attack. thinkin about investing in some sort of trolley thing from b&q, cos the thought of the walk is scaring me!

Calvin
01-07-2010, 09:37 PM

Approach T from the North. We figured it out 2 years ago and what a difference it makes. Just drive to junction 7 or 8 (can't remember which) and just turn round and follow the signs.

steve75
02-07-2010, 12:01 AM
Approach T from the North. We figured it out 2 years ago and what a difference it makes. Just drive to junction 7 or 8 (can't remember which) and just turn round and follow the signs.

Correct.

comming from south the signs will take you off the M90 at junction 6, which will take you onto the A977, taking you round to the south/west car park drop off point, which really should only be fore day ticketers as it's a deathly walk.

If you bypass this and come off at junction 7, it will take you straight onto the A91.

I've only taken this route once, but i'm pretty sure that's right.

GlesgaeHibby
02-07-2010, 07:51 AM

Correct.

comming from south the signs will take you off the M90 at junction 6, which will take you onto the A977, taking you round to the south/west car park drop off point, which really should only be fore day ticketers as it's a deathly walk.

If you bypass this and come off at junction 7, it will take you straight onto the A91.

I've only taken this route once, but i'm pretty sure that's right.

Cheers guys, just confirmed what I was thinking of doing. I realise road signs will tell us to leave at junction 6, I'll just ignore and carry on to junction 7 :thumbsup:

Happy days.

Hibby70
02-07-2010, 06:46 PM
had stopped going to t a couple of years ago, go to wickerman instead. But girl at work has blagged me a vip weejend ticket. Camping at lethangie as i'm too sensible for the official site :). Only musts are mumford, stranglers, madness and stereophonics. Rest of time going to take it easy at various tents and bars.

Tyler Durden
04-07-2010, 04:31 PM
Surprised nobody has mentioned The Drums yet. They're the band I'm most looking forward to seeing, the album is amazing.

Also looking forward to Jamie T, Julian Casablancas, Cribs, the Shambles, Vampire Weekend, Jay-Z. Maybes are Lissie, Kele, Biffy Clyro.

Interested to see how the water slide works out aswell, sounds like recipe for carnage!

Barney McGrew
04-07-2010, 04:46 PM
Interested to see how the water slide works out aswell, sounds like recipe for carnage!

If the weather continues like this, the whole place will be a water slide.

I wish the rain would just **** off :grr:

Hibby70
04-07-2010, 06:13 PM
re: rain, always like to think that its better to have some a week before an event to get it out of the way, however i've a feelin its gonna be a very wet t this year, get the wellies ready lads and lassies.

MountcastleHibs
04-07-2010, 06:32 PM
Having looked online, it would appear Thursday (if folk on here are heading up then) and Sunday has forecast rain. Other days seem ok. It's still too far away for an accurate forecast though, so I'll be waiting until Thursday to get a reasonably accurate weather.

Even then you can't really trust it haha.

LamontHFC©
04-07-2010, 06:39 PM
Does anyone know if Example is playing? I thought he was but can't see him on the T website anymore..

Calvin
04-07-2010, 11:21 PM
Saw Unicorn Kid at Cab Vol on Thursday and at King Tuts tonight. Highly recommended for the Sunday evening around 7:30pm on the T-Break. Fantastic live, a bit different genre-wise based on what I'm usually into but really superb.

seanraff07
05-07-2010, 11:35 AM
Does anyone know if Example is playing? I thought he was but can't see him on the T website anymore..

Yep, they are playing on the Red Bull Bedroom Jam Futures Stage on Saturday.

LamontHFC©
05-07-2010, 01:40 PM
Yep, they are playing on the Red Bull Bedroom Jam Futures Stage on Saturday.

Cheers buddy, just made my day. :thumbsup:.

Probably will clash with someone but will just have to keep fingers crossed..

seanraff07
06-07-2010, 12:09 PM
Cheers buddy, just made my day. :thumbsup:.

Probably will clash with someone but will just have to keep fingers crossed..

No problem mate.:cool2:

Barney McGrew
06-07-2010, 05:40 PM
The excellent clashfinder (http://s1.postimage.org/CDWhJ-be9e5e37c126904eca72069adb0f0cb0.jpg) is now available.

This guy is usually pretty spot on with this each year, so save yourself a fortune on the overpriced laminate pesh :greengrin

GlesgaeHibby
06-07-2010, 05:52 PM
The excellent clashfinder (http://s1.postimage.org/CDWhJ-be9e5e37c126904eca72069adb0f0cb0.jpg) is now available.

This guy is usually pretty spot on with this each year, so save yourself a fortune on the overpriced laminate pesh :greengrin

Awesome

Paloma Faith
Muse
Diana Vickers
Newton Faulkner
The Proclaimers
Kid Adrift
Stereophonics
Mumford and Sons
The Stranglers
Ellie Goulding
Corrine Bailey Ray
Biffy Clyro
Madness

for me, with space to go see other bands :thumbsup:

Barney McGrew
06-07-2010, 07:26 PM
Kids in Glass Houses
Temper Trap
Faithless
Black Eyed Peas :blushie:
Broken Social Scene
The Proclaimers
Shed Seven
Stereophonics
Mumford & Sons
The View
Dizzee Rascal
Jay Z
Kasabian
David Guetta

For me

Hibby70
06-07-2010, 10:25 PM
temper trap, editors, faithless and muse
Draymin, proclaimers,shed seven, we are scientists, stereophonics, mumford and sons
Stranglers, biffy, cribs, groove armada,madness
Weather forecast is starting to improve a bit.

Calvin
06-07-2010, 10:37 PM

Usually the guy seems to have some kind of 'info' but I think that clashfinder is a guess based on last year's times and the lineup.

I know for a fact that on Sunday on the T-Break Fridge Magnets are on at 12 and Unicorn Kid is on at 19:30. It's good as a rough guide but for accuracy and convenience I think the lanyard is still worth investing in. Buy in in the campsite so you can leave the programme in the tent.

Calvin
07-07-2010, 11:51 AM
Plus, it has Mitchell Museum on the whole wrong day!

David_D
07-07-2010, 06:46 PM
does anybody know the best way to get back to Edinburgh on the monday. just checked the citylink site but cant find any available journeys. was due to get a lift but has falled through. Cheers for any help

Calvin
07-07-2010, 11:27 PM
Enjoy:

http://www.bacardi.com/#/uk/en-gb/festivaldrinkonus

steve75
08-07-2010, 12:06 AM
does anybody know the best way to get back to Edinburgh on the monday. just checked the citylink site but cant find any available journeys. was due to get a lift but has falled through. Cheers for any help

I'd say get the free bus into Kinross and get the bus to edin from there. If there's not one, get the bus from Kinross to Dunf, then edin from there.

magnificent_seven
08-07-2010, 09:33 AM
Going up tomorrow morning. Actually can't wait now. 7th TITP! Looking forward to seeing Crookers, Fake Blood, Sven Vath. Also on a band sense, Frightened Rabbit, Two Door Cinema Club, Muse and Madness. I detest Kasabian so it's Madness on Sunday night.

LamontHFC©
08-07-2010, 11:58 AM
Just heard Eminem has cancelled. Not sure if true or not. Will be devastated if so.

steve75
08-07-2010, 12:26 PM
Just heard Eminem has cancelled. Not sure if true or not. Will be devastated if so.

This has been doing the rounds since he was announced. T and Oxygen released statements yesterday confirming he is still playing.

LamontHFC©
08-07-2010, 12:32 PM
This has been doing the rounds since he was announced. T and Oxygen released statements yesterday confirming he is still playing.

Supposedly my friends little sister knows people who went there this morning and it is up on poster's there that he is not playing. So, who knows.

Hopefully your right.

steve75
08-07-2010, 12:48 PM
Supposedly my friends little sister knows people who went there this morning and it is up on poster's there that he is not playing. So, who knows.

Hopefully your right.

I wouldn't think they'd say he's playing then a few hours later print poster stating otherwise... well like you say, i hope i'm right.

Also had a wee snoop, there's no storries on anythin at all yet so look good, and check the Myspace for tour dates and the only one there is T, no mention of Oxygen. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Teo10
08-07-2010, 12:50 PM

This better not be true! After listening to his new album I cannot wait to see him! Hopefully he plays some stuff of that!

LamontHFC©
08-07-2010, 12:52 PM
I wouldn't think they'd say he's playing then a few hours later print poster stating otherwise... well like you say, i hope i'm right.

Also had a wee snoop, there's no storries on anythin at all yet so look good, and check the Myspace for tour dates and the only one there is T, no mention of Oxygen. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Yeah, I now have more hope that he hasn't cancelled after hearing that statement released. I will give my mates a call soon to see if they can see anything, they headed through around 1, so should be arriving soon.

This better not be true! After listening to his new album I cannot wait to see him! Hopefully he plays some stuff of that!

I know, mate. Unreal album. :cool2:

You camping??

danhibees1875
08-07-2010, 09:22 PM
I'll be there :thumbsup: .... as a steward though. Hopefully I get the chance to catch some music at some point over the weekend and don't end up standing in the rain in the car park for the entire weekend :greengrin

:hnet:

Wembley67
08-07-2010, 10:46 PM
I'll be there :thumbsup: .... as a steward though. Hopefully I get the chance to catch some music at some point over the weekend and don't end up standing in the rain in the car park for the entire weekend :greengrin

:hnet:

Can you not just go in as a steward then once in bugger off, ditch the high viz and meet up with your mates...thats what I would be doing anyway :thumbsup:

Barney McGrew
09-07-2010, 05:05 AM
We're heading off shortly. Hopefully all hibees off to Balado this weekend have a good one.

See you all down the front for the Proclaimers :aok:

Jack
09-07-2010, 06:30 AM
Anyone nippin to Dunfermline on Saturday for the game?
There's some Pars fans looking to share a 6 seater taxi there and back - you'd be sharing the £50 fare as well!

Teo10
09-07-2010, 07:35 AM
Yeah, I now have more hope that he hasn't cancelled after hearing that statement released. I will give my mates a call soon to see if they can see anything, they headed through around 1, so should be arriving soon.

I know, mate. Unreal album. :cool2:

You camping??

Nah man, Just driving down Saturday and Sunday! Will give you a wee text when im there!

Betty Boop
10-07-2010, 10:00 AM
A 24 year old has collapsed and died at T in the Park.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/tayside_and_central/10582482.stm

Wembley67
10-07-2010, 12:05 PM
Must be drugs.

CropleyWasGod
10-07-2010, 12:11 PM
Must be drugs.

Why?

(Editor's note.... if you're being ironic, forgive me. Brain not engaged yet).

Tollhouse Hibee
10-07-2010, 03:16 PM
canongate cadjers ceilidh band playing t at 3pm sunday in the ceilidh tent. band full of hibees

Hibby70
10-07-2010, 11:22 PM
just back to lethangie camp site, writing this from a pristine loo! Mumford and sons were amazing, best atmos i've experienced at a fest. Also saw shed7 and gabriel y rodrigues who were also top drawer. Stayed dry all day with a bit of good planning and looking forward to some soonshine 2moro.

Wembley67
11-07-2010, 11:29 AM
Why?

(Editor's note.... if you're being ironic, forgive me. Brain not engaged yet).

Sorry....just arsing about :wink:

Betty Boop
11-07-2010, 05:32 PM
A brilliant performance from the Stereophonics.

Hibby70
11-07-2010, 10:50 PM
finished up with madness, what a great time, my knees are knackered from skanking.

Ants
11-07-2010, 11:51 PM
How come The Proclaimers only got 500 miles broadcast, but some duet who didnae sing and only played the guitars get 20 minutes on the red button?
Were they that bad?

Did anyone see Night Noise Team?, opinions please.

Hibernian Verse
12-07-2010, 12:49 AM
Just back. ****ING INSANE.

Found some Hibs fans for Sunshine on Leith and it was epic :wink:

BEP and Eminem the pick of the bunch for me, but also surprisingly enjoyed Scouting for Girls yesterday and a bit of Gossip today...and Florence was class...

Oh...and there's David Guetta :greengrin

:top marks

seanraff07
12-07-2010, 02:35 AM
The TV coverage for Eminem has been ridiculous, i've been watching BBC Three, BBC Scotland and the Red Button regularly over the weekend and i haven't seen Eminem once yet? Was announced tonight that there will be a show on Tuesday night which is all just Kasabians set.. can't wait!! They looked brilliant in the 3 tracks that were shown tonight.:agree:

Teo10
12-07-2010, 08:05 AM
Guetta was insane!

Eminem, even with all the miming etc, I thought was brilliant! As was Jay-Z and of course Guetta was defo the highlight of my weekend:thumbsup:

GlesgaeHibby
12-07-2010, 09:41 AM
Amazing weekend. Muse, Newton Faulkner and Eminem were great and Madness provided the perfect end to the weekend. Fantastic performance by them and a great atmosphere :thumbsup:

Calvin
12-07-2010, 09:52 AM
Just in just now. Nearly dead.

Highlights for me were The Sunshine Underground, Unicorn Kid and Madness.

Ryan91
12-07-2010, 11:31 AM
I was working there on the bars this weekend, I only really saw a bit of Biffy Clyro but I have to say that even though I am not one for camping I would be more than happy to go again but this time as a spectator.

Hibernian Verse
12-07-2010, 12:28 PM
Anyone reading this one of the Hibs fans I found for Sunshine on Leith, you were all in yellow 'T' waterproofs pretty central near the front of the enclosure and we had a rendition of hail hail beside some huns...?

danhibees1875
12-07-2010, 01:08 PM
Despite working I managed to see Florence, Balck eyed Peas, Mumford, The view, Jay-Z, Biffy, Dizee, Kasabian :thumbsup: Got a wee bit of abuse for doing my job but I found it quite funny so didn't mind too much because most of the people were awesome and a great laugh :thumbsup:

Seen 2 hibs tops while there - one from a distance and another walked past me and receieved a 'mon the hibs'.

Gutted I didnt get the proclaimers and then got told how great they were by a girl waiting to get in :greengrin

MountcastleHibs
12-07-2010, 01:34 PM
What a weekend! I've gone to the last three T's, and that's been the best yet.

Highlights: Faithless, Calvin Harris, Proclaimers, Paolo Nutini, Stereophonics, Eminem, The View, Dizzee Rascal (surprisingly), Biffy Clyro, Jay Z and Kasabian were just awesome to end the festival with.

Hopefully next year is just as good... It'll have to be some line up though.

steve75
12-07-2010, 04:16 PM
That was my fourth T in a row, and another great weekend.

i managed to catch, faithless, muse, Proclaimers, Vampire Weekend, Paolo Nutini, Phonics, Eminem, Airbourne, Rise Against, Yeasayer, Groove Armada and Madness.

Highlights were definatley the 'smaller' bands, Airbourne, Rise Against and Yeasayer. Though Faithless and Eminem were class. Groove Armada and Madness was a great end to the festival, so much fun. couldn't be bothered with the likes of Biffy & Kasabian, they'll be back ever year/second year anyway.

Really gutted I missed Dirty Projectors, Delphic, Frightend Rabbit, Meursalt and the Drums but I'm sure ill catch them another time.

Barney McGrew
12-07-2010, 04:30 PM
Faithless were phenomenal, as were the Prodigy on Saturday. Jay Z was something a bit different, very much the showman and had the crowd eating out the palm of his hand all set - very polished performance. Dizzee was good value too. Caught a bit of the Gossip who were the surprise of the weekend for me - I've never been really into their stuff, but it they were excellent live. Florence were good, but predictable.

The View did a decent set, but aren't suited to the Main Stage and would have been better in King Tuts, as would the Proclaimers IMO, where you can get a better atmosphere going. The Main Stage tends to have too many shoegazers who politely clap at the end of each track, which makes it difficult for the bands lower down the bill to really get the crowd going. I caught the end of Goldfrapp too, concensus seems to be it was one of the highlights from Sunday for those who saw it.

Guetta was mental. It was a like a proper Old Skool rave in a tent.

Biggest disappointment were the Black Eyed Peas - the first part of their set was really self indulgent, loads of wasting time while they arsed about doing costume changes and it only really kicked off when Will I Am did a mad DJ thing mid set. And they kept referring to TITP being in Glasgow. Welts.

The Bacardi Tent should carry a health warning. Too easy to ram down mojitos while dancing away like a madman. :cool2:

Biggest laugh of the weekend was asking Steven Pressley with an absolute poker face if he was looking forward to seeing the Proclaimers, before bursting out laughing at him when he was trying to answer. Not big or clever, but incredibly funny :greengrin

1two
12-07-2010, 04:48 PM
Faithless were phenomenal, as were the Prodigy on Saturday. Jay Z was something a bit different, very much the showman and had the crowd eating out the palm of his hand all set - very polished performance. Dizzee was good value too. Caught a bit of the Gossip who were the surprise of the weekend for me - I've never been really into their stuff, but it they were excellent live. Florence were good, but predictable.

The View did a decent set, but aren't suited to the Main Stage and would have been better in King Tuts, as would the Proclaimers IMO, where you can get a better atmosphere going. The Main Stage tends to have too many shoegazers who politely clap at the end of each track, which makes it difficult for the bands lower down the bill to really get the crowd going. I caught the end of Goldfrapp too, concensus seems to be it was one of the highlights from Sunday for those who saw it.

Guetta was mental. It was a like a proper Old Skool rave in a tent.

Biggest disappointment were the Black Eyed Peas - the first part of their set was really self indulgent, loads of wasting time while they arsed about doing costume changes and it only really kicked off when Will I Am did a mad DJ thing mid set. And they kept referring to TITP being in Glasgow. Welts.

The Bacardi Tent should carry a health warning. Too easy to ram down mojitos while dancing away like a madman. :cool2:

Biggest laugh of the weekend was asking Steven Pressley with an absolute poker face if he was looking forward to seeing the Proclaimers, before bursting out laughing at him when he was trying to answer. Not big or clever, but incredibly funny :greengrin

Didnt see the Black eyed peas but although they may be welts for referring to t in the park as Glasgow, I did raise a smile when eminem did the same but saying Edinburgh!

lugz
12-07-2010, 04:51 PM
Didnt see the Black eyed peas but although they may be welts for referring to t in the park as Glasgow, I did raise a smile when eminem did the same but saying Edinburgh!

Eminem manged to say it about 5/6 times in the 10 minute video that is on the bbc website.

Highlights for me were Calvin Harris, Paolo Nutini, Biffy Clyro, Jay Z & Kasabian.

GlesgaeHibby
12-07-2010, 06:19 PM

You mean Edinburg. What is up Edinburg!!! :thumbsup: Quality.

I only realised this morning that Rodrigo Y Gabriella were playing TITP as I wasn't forking out £10 for a programme and only glanced at my mates. Absolutely gutted to have missed them.

Last time I went was 2008 and since then it seems to have got so much busier, the main stage was absolutely rammed all weekend, can't remember it being like that in 2008?

Calvin
12-07-2010, 06:53 PM
Thursday night was always the best in the campsite with the Silent Disco and Duracell Powerhouse. Instead, it was the 'indie' disco and the Red Bull Lock-In. Both very deceiving names. After getting bored of the RnB at the Indie Disco we went to the Red Bull which was alright but they stopped at midnight with no explanation. As far as we knew the entertainment was supposed to be on til 2am so that was a disappointment.

On the Friday we got in and headed straight for the Bacardi tent, and after a few Mojitos I say yes to anything so got dragged to see 30h!3 which wasn't actually too bad but fortunately they played their two hits in the first 3 songs so I could scarper quickish. Then mozied around exploring the arena for a while before Jamie T who I wasn't impressed with really, should have went to see Editors. I don't really like Faithless but thought that it would be a good tactic to watch them thus securing a good spot for Muse. I ended up actually quite enjoying Faithless, I have to say that they are good at what they do and can get a crowd going but I think that they sounded better on CD (IMO) which can never be a good sign. Anyway, it the melees down the front I screwed my left knee and ended up having to go a bit further back to watch Muse. Stayed for an hour, absolutely fantastic, but I'm seeing them again in a few months so decided to launch an investigatory mission to the Black Eyed Peas, who were actually reasonably enjoyable.

Went into the arena quite late on the Saturday, specifically to see The Sunshine Underground who were superb, surely one of the most underrated bands of the last few years. Then went to see The Proclaimers which was weird, I was getting dirty looks from the crap Jay-Z festival crowd for knowing all the words to 'Over and Done With!' Managed to get on my Dad's shoulder for a few songs though which was pretty good. Was really looking forward to Vampire Weekend as they are one of my favourite bands but felt really dodgy so had to bail to sit down. The plus side was that I managed to then catch most of Shed Seven from the back. After one of my numerous visits to Healthy T over the weekend I headed back to the NME for The Courteeners which was really good, before milling around the Bacardi tent until Mitchell Museum on the T-Break stage. Another really good band who will make the breakthrough in the next few months - it was a shame for them the were on against Eminem as the tent was a ghost town.

Sunday was a good one, went to see The Stranglers only thinking that I knew Peaches and Golden Brown but knew nearly every song and thought they were really good, going to definitely look of a few of their albums. Saw Skunk Anansie as right through the 90s they were one of my Mum's favourite bands so thought it was worth seeing them, although slightly weird remembering most of their songs from when I was six or seven! Then saw The View, towards whom I felt slightly indifferent and I agree that the stage didn't suit them. Then went to see Babyshambles who played 'I Wish' which is one of my favourite songs, nearly compensated for the Courteeners failing to play 'If It Wasn't For Me' the night before. It was the best I've ever seen Babyshambles - usually Pete is mucking about and not focused but it was a really tight set. Stayed around for The Cribs who are always fantastic and yesterday was no different. Then I donned my Lion Hat for Unicorn Kid. I had been building him up to my friends all weekend and managed to persuade about 15 of them to come and see him so was actually fearing a total ripping if they didn't like him, but in no way was I let down. Half an hour of non stop jumping, just absolutely immense. Went to the Bacardi again after which was an error as I ended up doing loads of Breezer torpedos and wandering over to the slam tent, thinking it was about 20:30 before looking at my phone to realise Madness were just starting. Still only missed about the first ten minutes though and loved every second. 'House of Fun' and 'Baggy Trousers' back to back was just fantastic.

A fantastic weekend, I am really quite sunburnt despite all the rain! One thing I noticed is that there seemed to be absolutely loads of English folk there this year, especially when compared with previous years. Not a problem but it seemed to cut down on a lot of the Scottish banter when the drunken weegies wander up starting a conversation and they don't really humour them!

Definitely going to get a ticket for next year, but hopefully a slightly less mainstream lineup next year. Manu Chao please!

Mikey_1875
12-07-2010, 07:53 PM
Great Weekend.

Highlights for me were Paolo Nutini, Stereophonics and Biffy. Massive mention to Guetta who I wasn't intending on seeing until I found out no one wanted to go to Kasabian but didn't regret it as it was a crazy performance, never seen anything like that !

Bit of a shame with the weather and I was hoping Proclaimers would have got longer than they did although did get a good bounce to it after braving the weather in the hibs top :thumbsup:

AllyF
13-07-2010, 03:30 PM
Three years at T, and despite it not being the best line up of the lot, it was by far the best year so far.

Managed to see:

Kids in Glass Houses - caught the last 15 minutes; as pish as expected
The Temper Trap - worst band of the weekend. Every song sounded the same, but Sweet Disposition was a good sing along.
Jamie T - front row, absolutely loved it.
Florence - front row also, she's always amazing live and didn't disappoint.
Black Eyed Peas - surprise of the weekend, Where Is The Love was one of the highlights of T.

Scouting For Girls - terrible band but great fun.
The Proclaimers - loved them. Every song was a sing along.
Vampire Weekend - not as good as they were at T in 2008.
Paolo Nutini - superb as always.
The Coral - one band I'd always wanted to see and they were outstanding live.
Sterephonics - only there for the last 20 minutes, bit of a yawn.
Rodrigo y Gabriella - great entertainment!
Mumford & Sons - highlight of the weekend by far.

The View - as everyone else said, not the right stage for them... but still brilliant.
Dizzee Rascal - amazing! Another surprise and my second favourite of the weekend.
Jay Z - a bit dull but still enjoyed it.
Kasabian - got off to a slow start but soon got into the swing of the things. The atmosphere at the end was like nothing I'd ever seen before.

The wind and rain spoiled it a bit but all in all I had an amazing time and not too much trouble.

Springbank
13-07-2010, 06:34 PM
hey, just wanted to say thanks to the big group of Hibees who made it along to our gig at T (Whisky Kiss) I think a couple of you are in this vid we got sent...around the 3m10 mark,,,enjoy!

Glory Glory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6_jRHpPh6s